PDA

View Full Version : Comskip tuning

Reddwarf
2011-10-27, 09:15 PM
Is anyone running comskip with different settings for different channels? I'v been thinking about it, because it don't seems to be a single setup that works good for all channels. Ie, if I tune comskip for Fox Crime, I can get split second precision commercial skipping, but if I run comskip with that same setup on History channel HD, it almost misses everything and skips random. So does anyone have a good suggestion here?

dvasco
2011-10-27, 11:49 PM
I finally got around to testing two different versions of comskip on multiple shows and played them back in NPVR and GBPVR. The skip happens much sooner in NPVR than it does in GBPVR.

Grampz
2011-10-28, 12:14 AM
I have setup comskip yesterday and it has not seemed to work properly recording CSI last night. Nrecord.log shows it started, but still have commercials in the recording. The version I have is dated 3-14-11.

Reddwarf
2011-10-28, 12:33 AM
My comskip is version 1.4.6, the donators version that also works on H.264 HD recordings. Unfortunately I cannot test it with gbpvr. There is a parameter (two actually) in npvr's config.xml to tell npvr to shorten/lengthen skips, but if it is not consistent it is of less use.

Does anybody know what comskip.dictionary is used for?

Reddwarf
2011-11-01, 04:10 PM
Dumb question, but is it possible to specify the ini file to comskip? ie comskip/ini=

BrettB
2011-11-01, 04:54 PM
Dumb question, but is it possible to specify the ini file to comskip? ie comskip/ini=

Yes. Next question. :D

Here's a section of my PostProcessing.bat file. (Note that I don't use this logic so it is commented out, but it documents how to do it.)

Rem The part below can be used to not run Comskip on certain channels, please modify for your conveniance.
Rem The channel numbers that should be skipped are the numbers between the double quotes ("").
Rem You can add "if" lines as much as you want
Rem To disable this behaviour use channel numbers outside the normal range, put a "rem" before the "if" or delete the "if" lines

Rem list of channels to not run comskip on
Rem if "%2" == "27" goto eof
Rem if "%2" == "36" goto eof

Rem this trick also makes it possible to have dedicated comskip.ini file for certain channels.
Rem if "%2" == "79" goto channel79
Rem if "%2" == "72" goto channel72
Rem if "%2" == "65" goto channel65
Rem use the default comskip.ini for all other channels
goto generic

:channel79
comskip --ini=channel79.ini %1
goto continue
:channel72
comskip --ini=channel72.ini %1
goto continue
:channel65
rem This is an example of how to reuse a previously learned logo to prevent Comskip from learning the wrong logo
comskip --ini=channel65.ini --logo=channel65.logo.txt %1
goto continue

:generic
Rem The actual run of Comskip. Only one parameter, the name of the mpeg file to process.
Rem Comskip will read its settings from the Comskip.ini found in the same directory as Comskip.exe
Rem Both are supposed to be in the GBPVR default program directory. (C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\)
echo Launching comskip on %1 at %date% %time% >>postprocessing.log
"c:\program files (x86)\Comskip\comskip.exe" %1

Reddwarf
2011-11-02, 01:22 AM
Thanks a lot!

Yes. Next question. :D
What's the meaning and purpose of life? :D

BrettB
2011-11-02, 02:48 AM
Thanks a lot!

What's the meaning and purpose of life? :D

Reddwarf
2011-11-02, 05:20 AM
42Guess we'll have to do a Midrasch on that :)

re-Barr
2011-11-05, 06:19 AM
Does anybody know what comskip.dictionary is used for?

It reads CC and if the words in the dictionary match it then it says it is a commercial. I put in a bunch of names of companies and/or products.

Reddwarf
2011-11-05, 07:41 PM
It reads CC and if the words in the dictionary match it then it says it is a commercial. I put in a bunch of names of companies and/or products.So of no use to non-us installations since we don't have cc.