PDA

View Full Version : Windows Desktop/Sidebar Gadget with Recording Schedule

cncb
2011-09-29, 01:46 PM
The gadget is now part of NEWA. There is a new Wiki page (http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Utility.WindowsDesktopGadget) and a new support thread (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?51012).

BrettB
2011-09-29, 03:34 PM
VERY NICE! I just put it in, and really like it!

Thanks for the great work.

roy
2011-09-29, 04:46 PM
VERY NICE! I just put it in, and really like it!

Thanks for the great work.
x2

pcostanza
2011-09-29, 06:04 PM
Works great for me. I wasn't crazy about the blue on my desktop so I just created another jpg in black (and a few other colors to play with) and really am pleased with how it works.
Thanks for sharing this.

cncb
2011-09-29, 09:03 PM
Thanks - I'm glad you guys like it and find it useful.

whurlston
2011-10-02, 05:37 AM
Nice! UJB might just have to replace the one I wrote with this one for NEWA.

Reddwarf
2011-10-15, 04:28 PM
I tried to install this gadget on a client, but all it displays is "Syntax error, undefined" where the pending recording is supposed to be, and NA for free diskspace.

Edit: Actually I get the same result on the server too. What could be wrong?

cncb
2011-10-15, 05:16 PM
Make sure the web server is running on the server and set the correct server and port in the gadget settings/options ('localhost' when using the gadget on the server).

Reddwarf
2011-10-15, 05:49 PM
Make sure the web server is running on the server and set the correct server and port in the gadget settings/options ('localhost' when using the gadget on the server).That's the first thing I did...

Edit: If I point it to my testrig which has no scheduled recordings, it all comes up as "--------", but as soon as I schedule one recording it says "SyntaxError undefined" in the first row.

cncb
2011-10-15, 06:10 PM
Edit: If I point it to my testrig which has no scheduled recordings, it all comes up as "--------", but as soon as I schedule one recording it says "SyntaxError undefined" in the first row.

Go into the gadget options, select all the text in the 'HTML string for recording schedule item', and copy and paste it to notepad so you can retrieve it later. Then, replace all the text with just rec.Title and see if you still get the error.

Reddwarf
2011-10-15, 06:19 PM
Go into the gadget options, select all the text in the 'HTML string for recording schedule item', and copy and paste it to notepad so you can retrieve it later. Then, replace all the text with just rec.Title and see if you still get the error.Done, but I still get the same error. Does it matter where I place the .gadget file before installing it?

cncb
2011-10-15, 06:27 PM
Done, but I still get the same error. Does it matter where I place the .gadget file before installing it?

No, it doesn't matter where you install it from. Could you post the xml file of the web server RSS feed at 'http://SERVER:PORT/public/rss.aspx?filter=pending'? Look at in a browser, right-click, 'View Source', and save the file or copy the text. I assume you are not using English for your operating system so it might be a "locale/language" issue but I'm not sure.

Reddwarf
2011-10-15, 07:04 PM
No, it doesn't matter where you install it from. Could you post the xml file of the web server RSS feed at 'http://SERVER:PORT/public/rss.aspx?filter=pending'? Look at in a browser, right-click, 'View Source', and save the file or copy the text. I assume you are not using English for your operating system so it might be a "locale/language" issue but I'm not sure.In fact I am using english as operating system language, but most of the titles and descriptions in the xmltv file is in norwegian. Anyway, here it is.

cncb
2011-10-15, 07:44 PM
Please try the attached modified gadget. I'm pretty sure it is due to the different date representation for your locale that the RSS uses. Ideally I would create my own "feed" for the gadget to use instead of all the string parsing done to use the existing RSS feed but that probably won't be anytime soon.

Reddwarf
2011-10-15, 07:55 PM
Sorry no, still same result.

cncb
2011-10-15, 08:09 PM
The attached zip file in the post above shows '0 views' for me. Did you download that one and install it (I changed the attachment right away so you may have grabbed the previous one)? You might also want to go into the 'Gadget Gallery' after you close the previous one and uninstall it (right-click the icon in the Gallery) before you install the new one. If you've done all this and it still doesn't work you may have to wait for me to create my own feed for the gadget as I described above. Sorry.

Reddwarf
2011-10-15, 08:37 PM
The attached zip file in the post above shows '0 views' for me. Did you download that one and install it (I changed the attachment right away so you may have grabbed the previous one)? You might also want to go into the 'Gadget Gallery' after you close the previous one and uninstall it (right-click the icon in the Gallery) before you install the new one. If you've done all this and it still doesn't work you may have to wait for me to create my own feed for the gadget as I described above. Sorry.It says 1 view here, but I downloaded it again, uninstalled and installed, but the result is still the same. Thanks for looking into this anyway :)

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 04:29 AM
Sorry no, still same result.

In the rss.aspx page....

replace this line:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="RSS.aspx.cs" Inherits="N_EWA.RSS" %>

with this line:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="RSS.aspx.cs" Inherits="N_EWA.RSS" culture="auto" uiculture="auto" %>

Let me know if this helps.....

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 04:36 AM
Nice! UJB might just have to replace the one I wrote with this one for NEWA.

I like them both....they have different info yet equally valuable......perhaps someone could merge the functionality of the two to provide both sets of data via a single gadget.... :D

Reddwarf
2011-10-16, 02:03 PM
In the rss.aspx page....

replace this line:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="RSS.aspx.cs" Inherits="N_EWA.RSS" %>

with this line:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="RSS.aspx.cs" Inherits="N_EWA.RSS" culture="auto" uiculture="auto" %>

Let me know if this helps.....I'm pretty sure I replaced it the correct place, but it didn't help (note that I don't get the norwegian letters , and ). Here's how it looks in IE:

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I replaced it the correct place, but it didn't help (note that I don't get the norwegian letters , and ). Here's how it looks in IE:

Were those letters there before?

mvallevand
2011-10-16, 02:46 PM
The rss feed creation looks wrong for accented characters. Reddwarf's xml has odd representation for the character it probably should be &#248; I tried with a french accents and it displays wrong but works, likely because the accent is not in the pubDate field.

Martin

mvallevand
2011-10-16, 02:57 PM
Here is a real RSS feed from Norway http://www.nrk.no/nyheiter/siste.rss note the different encoding, plug the pubDate uses the proper RSS spec.

Martin

Reddwarf
2011-10-16, 03:11 PM
Were those letters there before?Not in the RSS feed, but they display fine in the tv-guide.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 03:40 PM
Here is a real RSS feed from Norway http://www.nrk.no/nyheiter/siste.rss note the different encoding, plug the pubDate uses the proper RSS spec.

Martin

I could try setting the encoding to encoding="utf-8" rather than encoding="iso-8859-1 and see if that helps

I think I have the dates in the correst RSS format:
<pubDate>Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:24:42 -0400</pubDate> which is Rfc822 format.

Reddwarf
2011-10-16, 04:00 PM
I could try setting the encoding to encoding="utf-8" rather than encoding="iso-8859-1 and see if that helps

<pubDate>Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:24:42 -0400</pubDate> which is Rfc822 format.I don't know about the date, but , and displays correct in NEWA guide also.

mvallevand
2011-10-16, 05:41 PM
<pubDate>Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:24:42 -0400</pubDate> which is Rfc822 format.

Are you sure rfc822 allows for international formats? It looks pretty rigid to me http://asg.web.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc822.html#sec-5.1

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 07:41 PM
Are you sure rfc822 allows for international formats? It looks pretty rigid to me http://asg.web.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc822.html#sec-5.1

Martin

Yea...date is ok...when I set this up I recall using the w3c feed validator (http://feed2.w3.org/) which shows only this issue (http://feed2.w3.org/docs/warning/ImplausibleDate.html) with dates and it is because they are future dates.....it did flag an inconsistency of what the web server was reporting for encoding vs. what was in the feed so I changed it to utf-8 to see what happens.

Reddwarf....give the attached a try and report back your findings.....

mvallevand
2011-10-16, 08:04 PM
It does fixe my french accented recordings in the gadget.

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 08:12 PM
It does fixe my french accented recordings in the gadget.

Martin

Great....thanks.....we'll see what Reddwarf comes back with in regards to his feed.

cncb
2011-10-16, 08:49 PM
Reddwarf....give the attached a try and report back your findings.....

Assuming this will provide "English-formatted" dates make sure you revert back to the original gadget in the first post and don't use the modified one I posted.

Reddwarf
2011-10-16, 09:02 PM
Still no luck with the original or modified gadget, but better in IE.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 09:07 PM
Still no luck with the original or modified gadget, but better in IE.

If IE is now displaying correctly then the gadget should be able render it correctly as well since the gadget is using the same data you are seeing in IE.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 09:24 PM
Please try the attached modified gadget. I'm pretty sure it is due to the different date representation for your locale that the RSS uses. Ideally I would create my own "feed" for the gadget to use instead of all the string parsing done to use the existing RSS feed but that probably won't be anytime soon.

One thing I could look into would be to provide an html data response rather than RSS.....I think I can do it since I am generating html for the css based screens....i.e. look at manage2.aspx and switch to table rather than tree view....what you see is all done via CSS telling the browser how to display those rows......I could probably create an html response that would have the data you are showing on the schedule....the gadget would then just need to have a CSS file associated with the page you display to tell the window how to display the info. You would not need to parse anything...your coding would be to build the css to display the info that way you want to present it.

Below is an example....it is one row of what the browser receives in regards to html. The CSS files in the manage screen page make it appear as it does.......if you are in IE then you can hit your F12 key to bring up the developer panel and then use the Disable menu option and select css.....you can see how the page renders without any css being applied at all....

Of course the returned data would be customized for the gadget and not exactly what is below since some of the stuff isn't usable from the gadget.....

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/3149/pendingrow.jpg

<div class="listingRow">
<div class="listings" style="width:15%">
<div class="listingPending">Pending</div>
<input name="item7873" type="checkbox" value="7873"> Delete Me <div class="quality" title="Quality">Quality: Best</div><br/>
<div class="butCancel" title="Cancel"><a href="" onclick="goCancel('Manage2.aspx?cancel=7873');return false;" class="cellItem">Cancel</div></a></div>
<div class="listings" style="margin-left: 15%; width:15%">
<div class="cellItem"><div class="airDate">Tuesday, October 18, 2011</div><br><div class="airTime">8:00 PM - 8:30 PM</div></div><br/><br/></div>
<div class="listings" style="margin-left: 30%; width:10%">
<div class="cellItem"><div class="channelNum">510</div><div class="channelName">71.1622WHTMDT</div></div></div>
<div class="listings" style="margin-left: 40%; width:60%">
<div class="cellItem">
<div class="info"><div class="new_show" title="New episode">New</div><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=Last+Man+Standing" target="_blank" title="Wikipedia link" class="wiki">Wiki</a><a href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.tv.com+Last+Man+Standing+Grandparents +Day&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky" target="_blank" title="TV.com link" class="tvcom">TV.com</a><a href="http://www.netflix.com/Search?dtl=1&type=title&v1=Last+Man+Standing" target="_blank" title="Netflix link" class="netflix">Netflix</a><a href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.imdb.com+Last+Man+Standing+Grandparen ts+Day&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky" target="_blank" title="IMDB link" class="imdb">IMDB</a></div></br>
<div class="showTitle" title="When Mike's behavior at Grandparents Day gets his grandson kicked out of preschool, he is forced to take the child to work with him; Vanessa tries to look more youthful." ><a href="Details2.aspx?id=2835538&rid=7873" onclick="EditPop5(this.href,'Add2');return false;">Last Man Standing<div class="showSubtitle" title="When Mike's behavior at Grandparents Day gets his grandson kicked out of preschool, he is forced to take the child to work with him; Vanessa tries to look more youthful.">Grandparents Day</div></a></div>
<div class="showText">When Mike's behavior at Grandparents Day gets his grandson kicked out of preschool, he is forced to take the child to work with him; Vanessa tries to look more youthful.<br><br> Rated: TV-PG<br>Genre: Sitcom<br> Original Air Date: 2011-10-18<br>(<a href="Credits2.aspx?id=2835538" onclick="EditPop2(this.href,'Add1');return false;">Credits</a>)</div>
</div></div>
</div>

cncb
2011-10-16, 10:49 PM
One thing I could look into would be to provide an html data response rather than RSS.....

Thanks for the offer, but I think XML or JSON with all the properties of all the scheduled recordings would be best since what is displayed for each recording can then be customized (as it is already setup to do).

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-16, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I think XML or JSON with all the properties of all the scheduled recordings would be best since what is displayed for each recording can then be customized (as it is already setup to do).

Not a problem....RSS is XML and I was trying to address your issue about parsing "Ideally I would create my own "feed" for the gadget to use instead of all the string parsing"......there is also a full web service already available which will return an XML document with the info in a serialized class structure.....it is secured so you would have to figure out how to log in from the gadget using the encryption format that is necessary.....I may be able to make a public web service available for this specific purpose.

Below is a single pending epgevent returned via the web service.....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<webServiceManage xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<webServiceManageListing>
<webServiceEPGEvent>
<webServiceEPGEventObjects>
<webServiceEPGEventObject>
<OID>2834333</OID>
<UniqueId>EP014198720005</UniqueId>
<ChannelOid>7166</ChannelOid>
<StartTime>2011-10-18T00:30:00Z</StartTime>
<EndTime>2011-10-18T01:00:00Z</EndTime>
<Title>2 Broke Girls</Title>
<Subtitle>And the '90s Horse Party</Subtitle>
<Desc>Max and Caroline throw a 1990s-theme party at the diner to raise funds for their cupcake business; Caroline is horrified when her affluent ex-boyfriend visits.</Desc>
<Rating>TV-14</Rating>
<HasSchedule>true</HasSchedule>
<ScheduleIsRecurring>true</ScheduleIsRecurring>
</webServiceEPGEventObject>
<webServiceScheduleObject>
<OID>7864</OID>
<Priority>0</Priority>
<Name>2 Broke Girls</Name>
<Quality>Best</Quality>
<Type>Multiple</Type>
<Day>Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday</Day>
<StartTime>2011-10-18T00:30:00Z</StartTime>
<EndTime>2011-10-18T01:00:00Z</EndTime>
<Status>Pending</Status>
<FailuerReason />
<PrePadding>0</PrePadding>
<PostPadding>0</PostPadding>
<MaxRecordings>0</MaxRecordings>
<DownloadURL />
</webServiceScheduleObject>
<webServiceRecurringObject>
<OID>120</OID>
<Priority>0</Priority>
<Name>2 Broke Girls</Name>
<Quality>Best</Quality>
<Day>Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday</Day>
<Rules>&lt;Rules&gt;
&lt;EPGTitle&gt;2 Broke Girls&lt;/EPGTitle&gt;
&lt;ChannelOID&gt;7166&lt;/ChannelOID&gt;
&lt;ChannelName&gt;72.1624-WHPDT&lt;/ChannelName&gt;
&lt;StartTime&gt;2011-09-20T01:31:00.0000000Z&lt;/StartTime&gt;
&lt;EndTime&gt;2011-09-20T02:00:00.0000000Z&lt;/EndTime&gt;
&lt;PrePadding&gt;0&lt;/PrePadding&gt;
&lt;PostPadding&gt;0&lt;/PostPadding&gt;
&lt;Quality&gt;3&lt;/Quality&gt;
&lt;Keep&gt;0&lt;/Keep&gt;
&lt;/Rules&gt;
</Rules>
<StartTime>2011-09-20T01:31:00Z</StartTime>
<EndTime>2011-09-20T02:00:00Z</EndTime>
<Type>Recurring</Type>
<PrePadding>0</PrePadding>
<PostPadding>0</PostPadding>
<MaxRecordings>0</MaxRecordings>
<allChannels>false</allChannels>
</webServiceRecurringObject>
<webServiceReturn>
<Error>false</Error>
<Message />
</webServiceReturn>
</webServiceEPGEventObjects>
</webServiceEPGEvent>
</webServiceManageListing>
</webServiceManage>

Reddwarf
2011-10-17, 12:30 AM
Evolution!!! One of natures' great processes and one of the best qualities of the cooperating members of npvr forums :):)

cncb
2011-10-17, 12:52 AM
Not a problem....RSS is XML and I was trying to address your issue about parsing

I know and I'm using the XML document. I was referring to the parsing of the strings within each element to get at the data: e.g. the 'Description' element which contains most of the properties separated by colons and breaks instead of in separate elements.

I may be able to make a public web service available for this specific purpose.

That would be great if you could make something public that lists the in-progress and pending recordings along with all their properties. Thanks.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-17, 02:31 AM
That would be great if you could make something public that lists the in-progress and pending recordings along with all their properties. Thanks.

I'll see what I can work up.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-17, 04:53 AM
Ok...here you go...see what you can get going with it......just load the patch to the web\appcode directory.

If you invoke a Post to
http://your-url:your-port/public/services/manageservice.asmx/getGadgetFeed should return an XML document with all pending and in-progress events sorted by status, date, channel and then title. Of course you can also access it via SOAP call as well.....

Attached is a sample returned xml document.

I can also set this up to take in a parameter to limit the number of returned results. Let me know if you would like that as well....works the same way....just allows you to say only bring back the first x results.

Cheers

UJB

cncb
2011-10-17, 07:02 PM
Thanks for putting something together so quickly. I am not able to access that URL for some reason. I keep getting this error: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/getGadgetFeed'. If I navigate to 'public/services/manageservice.asmx' in a browser it does show 'getGadgetFeed' as one of the possibilities but it doesn't like that full URL for some reason?

mvallevand
2011-10-17, 10:56 PM
This is an HTTP POST not a GET function.

Martin

cncb
2011-10-17, 11:07 PM
This is an HTTP POST not a GET function.

I know - I get the same error with either.

mvallevand
2011-10-17, 11:31 PM
I see yes the xml return is bad

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt;
&lt;webServiceManage xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
&lt;webServiceManageListing /&gt;
&lt;/webServiceManage&gt;</string>

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-17, 11:49 PM
I know - I get the same error with either.

What is in the NEWA web log....in the logs directory.....anything there?

cncb
2011-10-17, 11:58 PM
What is in the NEWA web log....in the logs directory.....anything there?

2011-10-17 18:47:03.324 [DEBUG][15] Got Web Request (192.168.1.3): /public/services/manageservice.asmx/getGadgetFeed
2011-10-17 18:47:03.324 [ERROR][15] System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/getGadgetFeed'.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFac tory.CoreGetHandler(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFac tory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)
at System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory.Ge tHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String pathTranslated)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep .System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute ()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-18, 02:03 AM
2011-10-17 18:47:03.324 [DEBUG][15] Got Web Request (192.168.1.3): /public/services/manageservice.asmx/getGadgetFeed
2011-10-17 18:47:03.324 [ERROR][15] System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/getGadgetFeed'.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFac tory.CoreGetHandler(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFac tory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)
at System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory.Ge tHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String pathTranslated)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep .System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute ()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Ok...on your server go to
http://server:port/public/services/manageservice.asmx, click on the getGadgetFeed method that will be listed on the page, then click the Invoke button. What happens? You must do this from the server and not on a client to have the option to test the service.

cncb
2011-10-18, 02:13 AM
Ok...on your server go to
http://server:port/public/services/manageservice.asmx, click on the getGadgetFeed method that will be listed on the page, then click the Invoke button. What happens? You must do this from the server and not on a client to have the option to test the service.

I see the XML data as expected.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-18, 02:41 AM
I see the XML data as expected.

Are you doing what this article (http://sandblogaspnet.blogspot.com/2010/03/calling-web-service-using-javascript.html) outlines for calling a .Net web service from JS?

mvallevand
2011-10-18, 02:41 AM
My source actually looks like I posted earlier, although it displays differently viewing from Invoke

Martin

cncb
2011-10-18, 03:10 AM
Are you doing what this article (http://sandblogaspnet.blogspot.com/2010/03/calling-web-service-using-javascript.html) outlines for calling a .Net web service from JS?

I was not setting the 'Content-Type' in the request header and it sounded like that might be the problem based on the article but unfortunately I still get the same error even when setting that appropriately. Would it be easy to append this XML data onto the end of 'InfoXML.aspx' (which I'm already reading) or would that be a pain?

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-19, 04:53 AM
I was not setting the 'Content-Type' in the request header and it sounded like that might be the problem based on the article but unfortunately I still get the same error even when setting that appropriately. Would it be easy to append this XML data onto the end of 'InfoXML.aspx' (which I'm already reading) or would that be a pain?

Learned that accessing web services via Javascript is inconsistent between browsers and because of Javascript security accessing web services outside of the host domain doesn't work.....so I took you lead and updated the services/infoxml.aspx page to handle the service call and write the result out in the reponse. To invoke just use infoxml.aspx?gadget=true and you will get the xml object for the pending and in-progress recordings.....leave off the parm and you get what you always did.

Cheers

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-20, 02:48 AM
Learned that accessing web services via Javascript is inconsistent between browsers and because of Javascript security accessing web services outside of the host domain doesn't work.....so I took you lead and updated the services/infoxml.aspx page to handle the service call and write the result out in the reponse. To invoke just use infoxml.aspx?gadget=true and you will get the xml object for the pending and in-progress recordings.....leave off the parm and you get what you always did.

Cheers

Ok...attached is the patch...just follow instructions above using the querystring ?gadget=true to get the pending and in-progress events.

cncb
2011-10-20, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure if some of my files might be out-of-sync due to previous patches but I'm getting the following error when trying to use the parameter:

Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Source Error:

Line 44: string URI = (String) Session["HostURI"];
Line 45: string url = URI + "/public/services/manageservice.asmx";
Line 46: mng.Url = url;
Line 47: string gadget = mng.getGadgetFeed();
Line 48:

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\services\InfoXML.a spx.cs Line: 46

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-21, 01:39 AM
I'm not sure if some of my files might be out-of-sync due to previous patches but I'm getting the following error when trying to use the parameter:

Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Source Error:

Line 44: string URI = (String) Session["HostURI"];
Line 45: string url = URI + "/public/services/manageservice.asmx";
Line 46: mng.Url = url;
Line 47: string gadget = mng.getGadgetFeed();
Line 48:

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\services\InfoXML.a spx.cs Line: 46

Ok...I think I know what it is......when trying to access it via NEWA.....go to a secured page first then go to the infoxml.aspx page.....let me know what happens then. I think I may be setting that session variable in the login pages.....so if you went straight to infoxml.aspx without hitting login page first you would get this error. Patch posted.....

cncb
2011-10-21, 03:57 AM
Ok...I think I know what it is......when trying to access it via NEWA.....go to a secured page first then go to the infoxml.aspx page.....let me know what happens then. I think I may be setting that session variable in the login pages.....so if you went straight to infoxml.aspx without hitting login page first you would get this error. Patch posted.....

Sorry, I'm still getting an error (different one, see below). However, if I do go to the NEWA home page (where I am logged in) and then try to access infoxml.aspx with the parameter it is successful so I think you are right on the money with your assessment.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Source Error:

Line 386: [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAt tribute("http://tempuri.org/getGadgetFeed", RequestNamespace="http://tempuri.org/", ResponseNamespace="http://tempuri.org/", Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse .Literal, ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapP arameterStyle.Wrapped)]
Line 387: public string getGadgetFeed() {
Line 388: object[] results = this.Invoke("getGadgetFeed", new object[0]);
Line 389: return ((string)(results[0]));
Line 390: }

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\root\0a635572\38fd2de4\App_WebReferences.0cy 53_9h.0.cs Line: 388

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-21, 04:21 AM
Sorry, I'm still getting an error (different one, see below). However, if I do go to the NEWA home page (where I am logged in) and then try to access infoxml.aspx with the parameter it is successful so I think you are right on the money with your assessment.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Source Error:

Line 386: [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAt tribute("http://tempuri.org/getGadgetFeed", RequestNamespace="http://tempuri.org/", ResponseNamespace="http://tempuri.org/", Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse .Literal, ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapP arameterStyle.Wrapped)]
Line 387: public string getGadgetFeed() {
Line 388: object[] results = this.Invoke("getGadgetFeed", new object[0]);
Line 389: return ((string)(results[0]));
Line 390: }

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\root\0a635572\38fd2de4\App_WebReferences.0cy 53_9h.0.cs Line: 388

Found problem....use this patch file.

cncb
2011-10-21, 09:28 PM
Found problem....use this patch file.

Success! Thanks for all your work on this.

cncb
2011-10-21, 10:36 PM
Success!

I spoke a little too soon. For some reason javascript doesn't like the XML returned by this (no document element). The XML text looks valid to me. The only difference I see between this and the regular infoxml is that this is UTF-16-encoded compared to UTF-8. I'm not sure if this is causing the problem but could you possibly switch it to UTF-8? Thanks.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-22, 03:07 AM
I spoke a little too soon. For some reason javascript doesn't like the XML returned by this (no document element). The XML text looks valid to me. The only difference I see between this and the regular infoxml is that this is UTF-16-encoded compared to UTF-8. I'm not sure if this is causing the problem but could you possibly switch it to UTF-8? Thanks.

Ok..attached patch now outputs the xml document in utf-8 encoding.

For web services you pass the doucment as a string and .Net holds strings as utf-16 so I had to take the response from the webservice (which is a string) load it to an xmldocument and than save that to the http response set to utf-8 encoding....seems to be working fine. :D

Let me know if it works.

cncb
2011-10-22, 04:09 AM
Ok..attached patch now outputs the xml document in utf-8 encoding.
Let me know if it works.

It works! We are really close now :). The only information that I need that is not available in the XML is the actual channel names and numbers (the IDs are supplied but I don't know anything else about the channels). Could the channel list be supplied somewhere in the XML or could the channel name and number be inserted next to the channel IDs? Thanks again.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-22, 05:33 AM
It works! We are really close now :). The only information that I need that is not available in the XML is the actual channel names and numbers (the IDs are supplied but I don't know anything else about the channels). Could the channel list be supplied somewhere in the XML or could the channel name and number be inserted next to the channel IDs? Thanks again.

yea...I should be able to do something.....I need to think about how I want to implement it.

The premise behind the web service architecture was that the calling app would use the serch web service to get a list of channels which has channel info on it and then join the epgevent channel oid to the oid on the channel from the channel info where you get the channel name and number.

Can you do something like (make a second call to get another xml doc of channel info) that..... or does the actual channel name and number need to be in the webServiceEPGEventObject segement itself without having to make a second call to get the channel info?

Another thing I could do would be to return both the webServiceManage xml document and right under that another xml document with the channel info with the single call.....you would still need to do a lookup between the two documents to get the info but you would have both documents with a single call.

Let me know.

cncb
2011-10-22, 02:47 PM
Can you do something like (make a second call to get another xml doc of channel info) that..... or does the actual channel name and number need to be in the webServiceEPGEventObject segement itself without having to make a second call to get the channel info?

If you were able to embed the channel name and number into the webServiceEPGEventObject that would be easier for me :) but a separate call/doc would be fine.

mvallevand
2011-10-22, 03:56 PM
UJB, since ccnb is going to need a new thread anyway, I have mentioned this before but I would love to see a the entire web service api opened up so that it doesn't use enterprise-grade authentication on the private LAN That way I can focus on Boxee/XBMC interfaces and not fight with the access to the api (which I prefer debugging with curl etc)

Martin.

cncb
2011-10-22, 04:38 PM
Another question: Is there a way to get the channel logos with the background transparency intact? If I use the URL that the NEWA pages seem to use ('public/download.ashx/-5,1?ChannelID') I get an image with a solid black background.

Reddwarf
2011-10-22, 05:06 PM
UJB, since ccnb is going to need a new thread anyway, I have mentioned this before but I would love to see a the entire web service api opened up so that it doesn't use enterprise-grade authentication on the private LAN That way I can focus on Boxee/XBMC interfaces and not fight with the access to the api (which I prefer debugging with curl etc)

Martin.that's something I noticed too, why should one need to enter user/password when you are on the same network segment?

mvallevand
2011-10-22, 05:15 PM
that's something I noticed too, why should one need to enter user/password when you are on the same network segment?

That's only part of it, user id and passwords are easy to use in API, NEWA web services use a much more sophisticated approach that is great when you are on the web, but not worth my time implementing in python.

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-22, 07:34 PM

Martin.

Yea...locking down to a particular segment will take some investigation but since IP addresses can be spoofed it really isn't secure. I'll look into it but no problems.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-22, 07:36 PM
Another question: Is there a way to get the channel logos with the background transparency intact? If I use the URL that the NEWA pages seem to use ('public/download.ashx/-5,1?ChannelID') I get an image with a solid black background.

I'll have to look into why that may be occuring....basically what is happening at the url is that the image is being streamed to the browser.....so you would want to use that url in your display and when the browser goes to render it the channel icon should render.

cncb
2011-10-22, 07:38 PM
so you would want to use that url in your display and when the browser goes to render it the channel icon should render.

To be clear I am getting the channel icon to display it's just that the background is black instead of transparent.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-22, 07:43 PM
that's something I noticed too, why should one need to enter user/password when you are on the same network segment?

That's only part of it, user id and passwords are easy to use in API, NEWA web services use a much more sophisticated approach that is great when you are on the web, but not worth my time implementing in python.

Martin

Yep since the web services allow full control of your npvr stuff you want strong security. I know it is a pain but I think it is necessary. I will look at a possible way to not need security if in-network but no guarantees since security is built into the whole web services infrastructure. Adding this public method for the gadget info which is non-modifiable info was easy. It still gives me the willies since anyone that finds your external url can access the link and could issue a denial of service attack against the npvr web server.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-22, 07:44 PM
If you were able to embed the channel name and number into the webServiceEPGEventObject that would be easier for me :) but a separate call/doc would be fine.

I'll see what I can do....if I add it to the epgeventobject it will require anyone using the web services interface where this object is returned would need to update their application.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-22, 11:07 PM
I'll see what I can do....if I add it to the epgeventobject it will require anyone using the web services interface where this object is returned would need to update their application.

Ok...give the attached a try. I was able to add the name and the number as attributes on the channelOID node of the EPGEventObject without changing the base web service....I simply took the doc that is returned from the service and spun through all the channeloid nodes with epgevent segments and using the oid value I used the Channel class of NPVR to add the attributes to the node.

<ChannelOid channelName="74.1629-WLYDT" channelNumber="515">7169</ChannelOid>

Let me know if this works for you.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-23, 01:20 AM

I'll have to look into why that may be occuring....basically what is happening at the url is that the image is being streamed to the browser.....so you would want to use that url in your display and when the browser goes to render it the channel icon should render.

Are you appending your host URI in front of that url.... i.e.
http:///your-target-newa:your-port/public/download.ashx/-5,1?ChannelID

cncb
2011-10-23, 03:43 AM
Let me know if this works for you.

Works great. Thanks.

cncb
2011-10-23, 03:55 AM
Are you appending your host URI in front of that url

Yes. The logo is displaying appropriately other than the black background behind the logo which would ideally be transparent as illustrated below:

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-23, 05:06 AM
Yes. The logo is displaying appropriately other than the black background behind the logo which would ideally be transparent as illustrated below:

How does it render within NEWA?

mvallevand
2011-10-23, 06:15 AM
The download.ashx.cs for the InternalFiles.ChannelIcon doesn't set the background of the Bitmap white so it will have a black background, setting it white works

Image img = new Bitmap(channel.Icon.Width,channel.Icon.Height);
Graphics g = Graphics.FromImage(img);
g.Clear(Color.White);
g.DrawImageUnscaled(channel.Icon, 0, 0);

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-23, 06:27 AM
The download.ashx.cs for the InternalFiles.ChannelIcon doesn't set the background of the Bitmap white so it will have a black background, setting it white works

Image img = new Bitmap(channel.Icon.Width,channel.Icon.Height);
Graphics g = Graphics.FromImage(img);
g.Clear(Color.White);
g.DrawImageUnscaled(channel.Icon, 0, 0);

Martin

Not using that logic.....the -5 indicates channel icon and the below code is executed. It may be that I am streaming it back as a .jpg........I am wondering if the channel icon was in jpg format with the transparent background if it would render correctly.

case (int)InternalFiles.ChannelIcon:
Channel channel = Channel.LoadByOID(Convert.ToInt32(path));
if (channel.Icon != null)
{
Image img = new Bitmap((channel.Icon));
Response.ContentType = "image/png";
img.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Jpeg);
Response.End();
img.Dispose();
}

mvallevand
2011-10-23, 06:35 AM
UJB, that is the code I modified (before Response.ContentType...) I tried .Png first but that gave a GDI+ error. Returning the byte[] for channel.Icon works too

ImageConverter converter = new ImageConverter();
Response.BinaryWrite((byte[])converter.ConvertTo(img, typeof(byte[])));

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-23, 07:05 AM
UJB, that is the code I modified (before Response.ContentType...) I tried .Png first but that gave a GDI+ error. Returning the byte[] for channel.Icon works too

Martin

I had to go with .jpeg due to browser versions....not sure if we are far enough out from windows 7 (I don' think it supported .png very well) to switch to that....I'll look into the last code you posted to see how/what exactly that is doing...the first code altered the image by clearing a color which I don't want to do......I just want to take whatever the image is and return it to the browser....unmodified. The last code you posted may do that......I'll check it out.

cncb
2011-10-23, 02:52 PM
How does it render within NEWA?

It is not transparent (black background) in NEWA as well.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-23, 03:00 PM
It is not transparent (black background) in NEWA as well.

At least it is consistent. :D

I will play around with Martin's suggestion later today.

In the meantime you could use Paint.Net (http://paint.net/) to save your .png logo as a .jpg and see if that resolves it temporarily.

mvallevand
2011-10-23, 05:37 PM
I will play around with Martin's suggestion later today.

If you edit web\App_Code\Download.aspx.cs starting at line 178 you can try the raw download

//img.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Jpeg);

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-23, 09:09 PM
Ok...attached is the latest patch that includes martin's update to write the channel icon as a byte array which appears to work fine without doing anything to the native image type.

cncb
2011-10-23, 09:46 PM
Ok...attached is the latest patch that includes martin's update to write the channel icon as a byte array which appears to work fine without doing anything to the native image type.

This has the same build/version number of the last patch (and doesn't seem to be working for me)?

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-23, 11:05 PM
This has the same build/version number of the last patch (and doesn't seem to be working for me)?

Sorry about that.....new patch is now posted... :)

cncb
2011-10-24, 03:36 AM
Sorry about that.....new patch is now posted... :)

It's working great. Thanks again.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-24, 04:08 AM
It's working great. Thanks again.

Great....let me know if you need anything else. Looking forward to the revised gadget. :)

Reddwarf
2011-10-24, 07:22 PM
ooking forward to the revised gadget. :)Mee too :). I'v been following this thread with great interest, I must say, I'm impressed!

cncb
2011-10-25, 12:01 AM
It's ready to go. I will post it in another thread once a new version of NEWA is released with the changes.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 02:23 AM
It's ready to go. I will post it in another thread once a new version of NEWA is released with the changes.

Did you want to beta it here before doing a full release? I can wrap up what I have for NEWA for a release but may be a good idea to test it out with a few people here in the thread since they can get the patch here (http://forums.gbpvr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32068&d=1319407511) if they want to try it out.

Let us know.

cncb
2011-10-25, 03:27 AM
Did you want to beta it here before doing a full release? I can wrap up what I have for NEWA for a release but may be a good idea to test it out with a few people here in the thread since they can get the patch here (http://forums.gbpvr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32068&d=1319407511) if they want to try it out.

Ok, attached is the new version if anyone wants to try it out. Other than the new way of obtaining the data the only things that were added are showing the padding in the times and channel logo display in the flyout both of which need to be enabled in the options. I think if it works for Reddwarf we will be good to go :).

mvallevand
2011-10-25, 03:59 AM
Accents and transparent icons are working here now.

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 05:12 AM
Seems to be working smoothly....

Any plans to include any of the info that is provided in the other gadget that whurlston created? Not sure if you can add another fly-out for it or perhaps a link to show the info??? All this other info comes from the standard infoxml.aspx access call.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9924/capture10242011115511pm.jpg

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 09:57 AM
Well, it works here if I connect to my testrig, which has only one scheduled recording. But if I try my main htpc if just says "NA - check network, connection and settings." I can access the NEWA TV-Guide from the client, and every other server/client function works fine, so there's nothing wrong with connection or firewall....

pcostanza
2011-10-25, 12:47 PM
Mine stayed blank continuously and now it just says "connecting..." This on the server which works fine when using the browser. The previous version worked fine for me.

cncb
2011-10-25, 01:34 PM
For those of you having trouble, did you install the NEWA patch in post #85 on your server and restart?

cncb
2011-10-25, 01:51 PM
Any plans to include any of the info that is provided in the other gadget that whurlston created? Not sure if you can add another fly-out for it or perhaps a link to show the info??? All this other info comes from the standard infoxml.aspx access call.

Maybe if I do another version. It could be shown in a flyout when you click the "Disk Space" area.

Edit: I could just change it to open the "Statistics" page instead of the "Guide" when you click on the logo and have it set to open NEWA. Would this be sufficient?

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 02:10 PM
Maybe if I do another version. It could be shown in a flyout when you click the "Disk Space" area.

Edit: I could just change it to open the "Statistics" page instead of the "Guide" when you click on the logo and have it set to open NEWA. Would this be sufficient?

I like the first option.....having the info at a single click quickly is better than waiting for my browser to load and I point my gadget to my external location so I have to log in to get to my statistics page.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 02:13 PM
Well, it works here if I connect to my testrig, which has only one scheduled recording. But if I try my main htpc if just says "NA - check network, connection and settings." I can access the NEWA TV-Guide from the client, and every other server/client function works fine, so there's nothing wrong with connection or firewall....

Mine stayed blank continuously and now it just says "connecting..." This on the server which works fine when using the browser. The previous version worked fine for me.

For those of you having trouble, did you install the NEWA patch in post #85 on your server and restart?

My guess is that cncb is correct here...... have you loaded the NEWA patch that is necessary for the updated gadget to work? You can get it here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32068&d=1319407511

Please report your findings.....before I roll this new gadget into the standard NEWA release as the official NEWA Gadget (sunsetting whurlston's) we need to make sure the gadget is working correctly.

Cheers

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 02:41 PM
For those of you having trouble, did you install the NEWA patch in post #85 on your server and restart?Naturally. But there seems to be some quirks in the gadget still. Anything I can do to help you debug? And free diskspace shows NA.

cncb
2011-10-25, 02:47 PM
Naturally. But there seems to be some quirks in the gadget still. Anything I can do to help you debug? And free diskspace shows NA.

There seems to be something peculiar with your server since you have never been able to connect the gadget there but your test rig seems to work. Can you post the xml you get from your server when you view the page at "http://SERVER:PORT/public/services//infoxml.aspx?gadget=true"?

cncb
2011-10-25, 02:49 PM
I like the first option.....having the info at a single click quickly is better than waiting for my browser to load and I point my gadget to my external location so I have to log in to get to my statistics page.

I should be able to add this soon before "release".

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 03:09 PM

Cool....thanks. Looks like we have a little debuging to do based on redwarf's feedback....let me know if there is anything I can help out with.

BrettB
2011-10-25, 03:09 PM

Great! I like this option the best, too.

pcostanza
2011-10-25, 03:10 PM
I did not use the patch from #85 but will try tonite when I'm back home. I wrongly assumed if 1.0 was working, I didn't need the patch for 1.1. My bad!
Thanks

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 05:20 PM
There seems to be something peculiar with your server since you have never been able to connect the gadget there but your test rig seems to work. Can you post the xml you get from your server when you view the page at "http://SERVER:PORT/public/services//infoxml.aspx?gadget=true"?If I type it like "http://Lyra:8866/public/services/infoxml.aspx?gadget=true" ( NOT services// but services/) I get the attached response in my browser. It basically says "Reference to invalid characher number".

cncb
2011-10-25, 05:53 PM
If I type it like "http://Lyra:8866/public/services/infoxml.aspx?gadget=true" ( NOT services// but services/) I get the attached response in my browser. It basically says "Reference to invalid characher number".

Sorry for the typo in the url. It looks like it may be a text encoding issue so hopefully UncleJohnsBand can help us figure it out.

cncb
2011-10-25, 07:03 PM
I have attached an updated version with the System Status info in the flyout when you click the "Free Disk Space" area. I also fixed it so that when you click on a scheduled recording in the flyout the NEWA page for that recording is opened in your browser.

By the way, I noticed that the tuner status for my HDHomerun devices doesn't seem to be quite right. It shows 2 current recordings under the same tuner instead of one under each tuner for each device (they are listed separately). I'm not sure if this is a general NPVR issue or NEWA.

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 07:49 PM
There's still no Free Disk Space info, but it may be because of the other problem.

BTW: Will it be helpful if I upload my NPVR.Db3 ?

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 07:52 PM
I have attached an updated version with the System Status info in the flyout when you click the "Free Disk Space" area. I also fixed it so that when you click on a scheduled recording in the flyout the NEWA page for that recording is opened in your browser.

By the way, I noticed that the tuner status for my HDHomerun devices doesn't seem to be quite right. It shows 2 current recordings under the same tuner instead of one under each tuner for each device (they are listed separately). I'm not sure if this is a general NPVR issue or NEWA.

Excellent....looks and works great!

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 07:53 PM
There's still no Free Disk Space info, but it may be because of the other problem.

BTW: Will it be helpful if I upload my NPVR.Db3 ?

Where are you located? We need to figure out how to best handle localization since I think that may be the issue. Also....post your web.log after you try accessing the infoxml.aspx?gadget=true

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 08:06 PM
My location is Norway, as it says in the upper right corner of my posts :)

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 08:14 PM
My location is Norway, as it says in the upper right corner of my posts :)

Thanks....I just pm'd you info for uploading your npvr.db3 file to my ftp server.

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 08:20 PM
Thanks....I just pm'd you info for uploading your npvr.db3 file to my ftp server.Will do in a moment.

BTW: I know there is a town called Norway in Maine - USA, but I'm in Norway - Europe :D

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 08:55 PM
Will do in a moment.

BTW: I know there is a town called Norway in Maine - USA, but I'm in Norway - Europe :D

Ok...it is crapping out on a bad value within your npvr.db3 file on a recurring recording that has some rules set for it. As you can see from below there is an illegal character (the little square at the start of the name) that is causing the browser to die when receiving the xml.

Open your npvr.db3 file with sqliteadmin or sqlitespy and open the recurring recordings table and remove that one bad character frm the name field and you should be fine. I did it using sqliteadmin and it seems to be working fine now.

Give it a go and report back your findings.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5407/capture1025201133821pm.jpg

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 09:12 PM
Excellent! I get the schedule now, but still no free disk space (complains about connection still). Funny with that extra character, I have no idea where it came from, and it has not influenced any of the Warehouse recordings :confused:. I removed it with SQLite Manager, and now the schedule shows up.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 09:23 PM
Excellent! I get the schedule now, but still no free disk space (complains about connection still). Funny with that extra character, I have no idea where it came from, and it has not influenced any of the Warehouse recordings :confused:. I removed it with SQLite Manager, and now the schedule shows up.

post the xml that is returned when you go to

http://your-server:your-port/public/services/infoxml.aspx

No ?gadget=true for this one....

Also post your web log after going to the above url on your system.

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 09:43 PM
post the xml that is returned when you go to

http://your-server:your-port/public/services/infoxml.aspx

No ?gadget=true for this one....

Also post your web log after going to the above url on your system.When I try that it says "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage", and it suggest I try diagnose connection problems. gadget=true still works, so nothing wrong with the connection

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 09:47 PM
When I try that it says "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage", and it suggest I try diagnose connection problems. gadget=true still works, so nothing wrong with the connectionGot it now!

cncb
2011-10-25, 09:55 PM
Got it now!

Is the disk space indicator still not working? If not, I think it might be javascript is not handling your decimal separator (comma) correctly.

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 10:00 PM
Is the disk space indicator still not working? If not, I think it might be javascript is not handling your decimal separator (comma) correctly.Maybe. That's the standard in this part of the world...

cncb
2011-10-25, 10:11 PM
Maybe. That's the standard in this part of the world...

Try this one.

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 10:47 PM
Try this one.Success!!

Thank you both for your hard work:)

cncb
2011-10-25, 10:51 PM
Success!!

Glad it's finally working for you!

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-25, 10:53 PM
I did not use the patch from #85 but will try tonite when I'm back home. I wrongly assumed if 1.0 was working, I didn't need the patch for 1.1. My bad!
Thanks

pcostanza....let us know how it goes....once we get the green light from you I think I can wrap this latest build of the gadget(includes the handling of the , as a decimal) into a NEWA release....

cncb...would you agree?

cncb
2011-10-25, 10:55 PM
cncb...would you agree?

Yes.

Reddwarf
2011-10-25, 10:55 PM
Glad it's finally working for you!That's very good, the client is actually running on my Franken-pc located in my batcave deep in the basement, so now I can keep an eye on what's going on on the server in the living room with just a glance while working on other things ;)

pcostanza
2011-10-26, 04:52 AM
pcostanza....let us know how it goes....once we get the green light from you I think I can wrap this latest build of the gadget(includes the handling of the , as a decimal) into a NEWA release....

cncb...would you agree?
I'm good. Had to get a reboot to get it to work though which I don't really understand. Only thing left to clean up is that I don't get any channel logos but I don't personally care about those.
Thanks for the help.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-26, 05:13 AM
I'm good. Had to get a reboot to get it to work though which I don't really understand. Only thing left to clean up is that I don't get any channel logos but I don't personally care about those.
Thanks for the help.

Do you have channel logo's in NPVR? Do you have channel logo's showing in NEWA?

mvallevand
2011-10-26, 12:42 PM
You also need to enable logos in the gadget setup.

Martin

pcostanza
2011-10-26, 12:49 PM
Do you have channel logo's in NPVR? Do you have channel logo's showing in NEWA?

You also need to enable logos in the gadget setup.

Martin
I have channel logos in NVPR but not in NEWA and it is enabled in the gadget. I see red x's in place of logos.
I decided to run the channel logo setup again and have almost all the channels working now. Still not sure why not all are working but I'm close enough for me.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-27, 10:39 PM
The gadget is now included with the latest NEWA release (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?51006-NEWA-Release-Build-1.21-Released-2011-10-27) which I just posted in the NEWA Support Forum.

Thanks to cncb for all his hard work on this excellent add-on to the NPVR toolset!!

cncb
2011-10-27, 11:48 PM
Thanks and thanks for all your work to provide support for the gadget in NEWA.

Unless there are any objections I probably will add an entry in the Wiki for the gadget and add a new support thread in the NEWA section of the forum.

Reddwarf
2011-10-28, 12:34 AM
Great work, thanks a lot :)

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-28, 01:27 AM
Thanks and thanks for all your work to provide support for the gadget in NEWA.

Unless there are any objections I probably will add an entry in the Wiki for the gadget and add a new support thread in the NEWA section of the forum.

That is probably a good idea....you could then update your gadget to have a link to the wiki within the setup pages. I can update what is in NEWA whenever you are ready.

Reddwarf
2011-10-28, 03:39 PM
I downloaded and installed the latest version of NEWA, but I can't find a link to download the latest gadget anywhere, it's supposed to be on the statistics page right?

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-28, 03:55 PM
I downloaded and installed the latest version of NEWA, but I can't find a link to download the latest gadget anywhere, it's supposed to be on the statistics page right?

Yes it is....should be a large area below the tuner status. This will only appear if you are running Vista or W7. Are you not seeing it?

Reddwarf
2011-10-28, 04:34 PM
Yes it is....should be a large area below the tuner status. This will only appear if you are running Vista or W7. Are you not seeing it?Nope, this is all I see both on client and server. Server is running W7x64Ultimate and client is running the x86 version of the same.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-28, 05:01 PM
Nope, this is all I see both on client and server. Server is running W7x64Ultimate and client is running the x86 version of the same.

Drop the attached in your web directory and then access info2.aspx and then post your web.log so I can see what is being detected as your OS. My be some international thing that I didn't account for.....

Reddwarf
2011-10-28, 05:26 PM
Here you go.

cncb
2011-10-28, 06:15 PM
That is probably a good idea....you could then update your gadget to have a link to the wiki within the setup pages. I can update what is in NEWA whenever you are ready.

I added a "Help" page in the Gadget options with a link to the future Wiki page so please add the updated gadget below to NEWA. Thanks.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-28, 08:42 PM
Here you go.

Ok...found the problem.....drop this in and go to info2.aspx you should be fine.

Let me know.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-28, 08:51 PM
I added a "Help" page in the Gadget options with a link to the future Wiki page so please add the updated gadget below to NEWA. Thanks.

Added the updated gadget and the fixed info & info2 .aspx pages to the current release and uploaded to the wiki.....anyone downloading after today will have the update. Prior to the update there were only 3 downloads.

cncb
2011-10-28, 09:44 PM
There is a new Wiki page (http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Utility.WindowsDesktopGadget) and a new support thread (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?51012) (since this one turned into more of a technical discussion).

You might want to see the Wiki page if you are interested in customizing what is shown for each schedule item in the gadget.

UncleJohnsBand
2011-10-28, 11:06 PM
There is a new Wiki page (http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Utility.WindowsDesktopGadget) and a new support thread (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?51012) (since this one turned into more of a technical discussion).

You might want to see the Wiki page if you are interested in customizing what is shown for each schedule item in the gadget.

I made the support thread sticky so it will stay at the top of the NEWA sub-forum.

Reddwarf
2011-10-29, 11:17 AM
Ok...found the problem.....drop this in and go to info2.aspx you should be fine.

Let me know.Yepp, the download button is there now. But it is so big that it covers part of my capture device list ;)