PDA

View Full Version : 2.1.4 Searchlite crash

Nistrod
2011-07-07, 09:47 AM
Searchlite crashes when I go to one (and only one) of the found shows.

The crash error, and the screen at the time are attached, as are the logs.

I searched for "RPA", which returned four "RPA"s and one "RPA - Where are they now?". Selecting the base "RPA"s worked fine. Selecting the "RPA- Where are they now?" crashed.
Restarting NPVR has no effect - it crashed again.

The error in the log seems to be

2011-07-07 19:31:54.293 [DEBUG][1] Unexpected error in GetImage() callback (@previewImage): System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
at SearchLite.SearchLite.GetImage(Hashtable parameters, String name, Int32 width, Int32 height)

mvallevand
2011-07-07, 11:09 AM
Could you try deleting "Media\Shows\RPA - Where Are They Now.xml" and "Media\Shows\RPA - Where Are They Now.jpg" (in the DataDirectory) and see if that fixes the problem.

Martin

Nistrod
2011-07-07, 11:18 AM
There are no RPA - Where are They Now files of any kind.
There are RPA.jpg and RPA.xml.
Deleting them had no effect.

Sorry.

mvallevand
2011-07-07, 11:58 AM
Does this help?

Martin

Nistrod
2011-07-07, 12:07 PM
Yes. Its fine.

Thanks.

mvallevand
2011-07-07, 12:32 PM
Ok thanks for letting me know, that is basically just the version I was using. Effectively SearchLite is "Abandonware" now, I stopped posting updates a few months ago and won't be updating the wiki because I didn't think anyone was using it.

Martin

roy
2011-07-07, 12:49 PM
I've been using it just to grab covers

Nistrod
2011-07-08, 03:36 AM
Thats a pity! :(
If its not in general use - what do people use to do searches? NEWA?

Lao Pan
2011-07-08, 12:38 PM
Ok thanks for letting me know, that is basically just the version I was using. Effectively SearchLite is "Abandonware" now, I stopped posting updates a few months ago and won't be updating the wiki because I didn't think anyone was using it.

Sorry Martin - Ive been using it about once a week on average for about a year - Uk Freeview has had little to watch for the last 6 months- I would probably use it more. Anyway Searchlite has never miss behaved so I had not thought to post

(Also using Web Radio 3.6!)

Northpole
2011-07-17, 01:33 PM
Martin,

I can't believe I missed this the first time around. I've been using this plugin alot (except the last few weeks) and can imagine using npvr without it. The new built-in search screen that comes with npvr is nice but is limited. I really like using the "..." (three periods) to search for upcoming movies that I might be interested in recording. I helps weed through all the average content thats on TV these days. I'm shocked that only 15 people (before me) have download the update above. Come on Users, don't let this plugin die.

(I'm also using MB4 & Web Radio!)

mvallevand
2011-07-17, 03:47 PM
Thanks Guys for the positive words. I don't use SearchLite much myself but when I do want it I guess I want it to work. To turn on a search that is like the new Search window you can just use the left and right arrows.

Northpole I should thank you too, because the NextBlue skin uses my original design of showing the upcoming time in the list.

Martin

dljones8053
2012-01-08, 04:15 PM
Martin

I have a quick question, how do we grab the show info and the jpg image off of TVRage if we don't use searchlite?

dj

mvallevand
2012-01-08, 04:47 PM
ImageGrabLite will do it automatically when you schedule recordings, but it will prefer TheTVDB's information.

Martin

h00ch
2012-01-18, 06:06 PM
Just upgraded NPVR to the latest version and now my SearchLite doesn't work. When trying to search for something, I get an error message saying "NEWA may not be started" What does that mean? I tried installing the latest version of SearchLite (1.4 beta) but that does not help.

mvallevand
2012-01-18, 10:05 PM
Just upgraded NPVR to the latest version and now my SearchLite doesn't work. When trying to search for something, I get an error message saying "NEWA may not be started" What does that mean? I tried installing the latest version of SearchLite (1.4 beta) but that does not help.

Try a search and compress and upload your logs and I will have a look.

Martin

XJW
2012-01-20, 07:57 AM
I am seeing the same issue. My searches don't work post upgrade to 2.3.6 and latest SearchLite.

Searching with the Type = Title only succeeds if the title starts with the search string. As I recall this used to find any title that contained the search string. And it does not work at all if the search string has more than 2 characters.

I believe it is giving the "NEWA may not be started" message when it does not find a match.

I notice that the Type Changes from Title to List each time I run the search. I cant recall if that was normal.

Reading back through the thread I also want to add my note of support for this tool. I run the same saved searches a couple of times a week and would very much miss this tool if it was not there.

mvallevand
2012-01-20, 12:26 PM
I need your logs to debug this. Thanks for your support for SearchLite, with the changes sub made in 2.3.6 it has really helped NEWA and SearchLite for me and I don't plan on dropping it anytime soon.

Martin

mvallevand
2012-01-20, 01:09 PM
I had a quick look at the NPVR Setup program and it installs older files then you get on the NEWA link http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?51433-NEWA-Release-Build-1-23-Released-2012-01-16 If you have troubles try to install it first.

Martin

Petrovski
2012-01-20, 07:12 PM
I've installed NEWA as suggested. Latest Searchlite crashes when recalling saved search otherwise ok. Previous Searchlite does not crash.
Found this in nPVR.LOG
2012-01-20 20:07:54.459 [DEBUG][1] - SearchLite, Version=1.4.3.41225, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2012-01-20 20:07:54.459 [DEBUG][1] Looking for missing assembly(1): C:\Program Files\NPVR\Plugins\SearchLite\SearchLite.XmlSerial izers.dll
2012-01-20 20:07:54.459 [DEBUG][1] Looking for assembly in (2) C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\common\SearchLite.Xml Serializers.dll
2012-01-20 20:07:54.459 [DEBUG][1] Looking for assembly in (3) C:\Program Files\NPVR\Plugins\common\SearchLite.XmlSerializer s.dll

mvallevand
2012-01-20, 07:17 PM
Can I get all the logs please.

Martin

Petrovski
2012-01-20, 07:26 PM
Here they are, Martin

mvallevand
2012-01-20, 07:31 PM
Thanks , but I don't see a crash in there. Is there a popup with a details screen you could copy? Also could you compress and send your C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web-saved-searches.xml file I might be able to us it here

Martin

Petrovski
2012-01-20, 07:42 PM
Here's everything unless there's a crash log somewhere?

Grampz
2012-01-20, 08:37 PM
I am regularly using it also!

Greg

Sheik Yerbouti
2012-01-20, 08:42 PM
Hi Martin,

I've been using it for a few days now and it's a great app, thanks!

Chris

mvallevand
2012-01-20, 08:47 PM
Here's everything unless there's a crash log somewhere?

Your save file works here too. When that crash dialog comes up, before clicking continue, mouse into the text part, highlite the text (there is more not showing) and then copy it into a message and post it to me when you have time.

Martin

Petrovski
2012-01-20, 10:43 PM
Here's the crash popup dialog text

mvallevand
2012-01-21, 06:07 AM
Thanks, that helped a lot. I've updated the wiki with version 1.4.4 that should fix this.

Martin

whurlston
2012-01-21, 07:50 AM
I have to try to remember not to read the forums at 4 AM. Any idea how long it took me to wrap my head around the fact that you posted you "updated the wiki to 1.4.4" in a thread named "2.1.4"?

XJW
2012-01-21, 10:43 AM
Update works nicely. Selecting Saved Searches no longer crashes. Many thanks.

Petrovski
2012-01-21, 11:32 AM
Thanks Martin for update. Found another issue: crash if you search in exact mode with a multiple word string eg The Life and Times of Tim
I've attached crash output but I think you'll reproduce the problem easily enough.
Thanks

mvallevand
2012-01-21, 02:05 PM
I have to try to remember not to read the forums at 4 AM. Any idea how long it took me to wrap my head around the fact that you posted you "updated the wiki to 1.4.4" in a thread named "2.1.4"?

Yes, I noticed that too and it is grating but I am sort of stuck with the subject that users pick to accumulate their problems and the OP probably used the NPVR version. Now that I am using true versioning it does give me the opportunity to use my version number to make it clearer what version I am talking about.

Martin

mvallevand
2012-01-21, 02:09 PM
Thanks Martin for update. Found another issue: crash if you search in exact mode with a multiple word string eg The Life and Times of Tim

Yes, okay I posted a fix, but it isn't because of the length. In the Exact search if your database doesn't contain the EPG data for that show (as is the case for my database), it checks the online sources to see if it might be a valid show or movie. This might help in determining if you want to to add a NEWA saved search for it.

For the fix, I had some code started to extract the genres from the online sources that I never finished. I have taken it out but might clear it up one day.

Martin

h00ch
2012-02-07, 01:11 PM
I installed the latest version of SearchLite and that fixed my "NEWA may not be started" error, but now I get a new one. I typed "n" then pressed enter on the search bar, then selected "NASCAR Racing" from the list that appeared and received this pop-up error. I checked the folder in the error message and there is some XML and JPG files in there, but not very many and only for shows I have been recording.

mvallevand
2012-02-07, 04:37 PM
Yes, I fixed that dumb bug on the weekend, but I never got round to updating the wiki, I'll upload it after work, sorry about that.

Martin

h00ch
2012-02-07, 04:41 PM
Awesome. Thanks Martin for your continued support of this :)

mvallevand
2012-02-08, 12:19 PM
I installed the latest version of SearchLite and that fixed my "NEWA may not be started" error, but now I get a new one. I typed "n" then pressed enter on the search bar, then selected "NASCAR Racing" from the list that appeared and received this pop-up error. I checked the folder in the error message and there is some XML and JPG files in there, but not very many and only for shows I have been recording.

I updated the wiki with a version that hopefully corrects this problem.

Martin