PDA

View Full Version : Request for help with CI/CAM wiki page

McBainUK
2011-01-20, 01:00 PM
Can anyone help write the Common Interface, CI/CAM and Instances sections on the Digital Device Setup page on the wiki (http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Configuration.DigitalDeviceSetupDialo g)?

McBainUK
2011-01-24, 03:11 PM
anyone?

martint123
2011-01-24, 05:15 PM
Sorry, no, but avidly watching in hope ;)

steeb
2011-01-24, 05:43 PM
Sorry, no, but avidly watching in hope ;)

Me too watching in hope. Personally I've always wanted to fully get my head fully around this stuff. Perhaps if McBainUK just asks 'anyone' every 24 hours that at least will keep bumping it up on the what's new...... :D

sub
2011-01-24, 05:51 PM
There is probably only a very small handful of users here doing CI or Multidec. If no one else provides the updates in the next few days, then I'll find some time to do it.

agerdin
2011-01-24, 06:02 PM
Ive actually used both CI and Multidec and I will try to get some time to write this up. However, for CI there isnt so much setting and configuration to do as it only requires you to have the Happuage CI module installed and functioning. For Multidec however the configuration is quite cumbersome and requires a complete setup of card server and card client outside of NPVR. There are also several options on which 3rd party apps to use. I guess the wiki part only should cover the NPVR setting?

It looks like I need a new wiki account as my old one from GBPVRWiki wont allow me to log in.

\\Agerdin

steeb
2011-01-24, 06:11 PM
Ive actually used both CI and Multidec and I will try to get some time to write this up. However, for CI there isnt so much setting and configuration to do as it only requires you to have the Happuage CI module installed and functioning. For Multidec however the configuration is quite cumbersome and requires a complete setup of card server and card client outside of NPVR. There are also several options on which 3rd party apps to use. I guess the wiki part only should cover the NPVR setting?

It looks like I need a new wiki account as my old one from GBPVRWiki wont allow me to log in.

\\Agerdin

Great stuff, I'm sure McBainUK will be most happy :D

Sending you a PM about wiki access.

cheers

steeb