PDA

View Full Version : No video for HDPVR, and Device Setup won't remember HD-PVR IR blaster

jeffdwskn
2010-07-25, 03:10 AM
I just bought an Hauppauge HD-PVR to supplement/replace my PVR500, and installed it with NPVR (i.e., I never used the HD-PVR with GBPVR). I can't seem to get it to show me video for live TV. I only get audio.
Following the advice from other threads, I've tried all of the video decoders (for MPEG2 Video and H.264 Video) that are on my system, and each of the Video Renderers, with no success. I got audio only after manually changing the Audio decoders. I have the Device Setup set to Component Video (the correct input).

I have the HDPVR and WinTV drivers and applications installed. ArcSoft's player can capture with both video and audio from the HDPVR, and if I save a .ts file from a NPVR livetv session, I can open it in ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre and I see the captured video. So it is not a capture problem, but a playback problem. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, applications, and NPVR, and also tried not uninstalling different sets of the Hauppauge software in case there was a conflict. I'm at a loss of what else to try. I'm running Windows XP. Is there a place other than the Hauppauge CDs that I should be installing a decoder from? It seems to have provided an MPEG2 Video decoder "Intervideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge" that doesn't seem to work, and doesn't provide an H.264 decoder, but I have a DivX H.264 Decoder on the system (that also doesn't seem to work).

As a separate issue, I cannot get the HDPVR IR blaster to work in NPVR. When I select it from the list in Device Setup as my Changer, that setting does not save upon hitting okay. It reverts back to whatever I had set previously. It only seems to save the Changer setting if I select Executable and choose a different Executable. (Is there an Executable for the HDPVR IR blaster?). I have run BlastCfg and it functions correctly.

My apologies for the long and rambling post -- I've been working at this for days with no success other than getting audio to work. If the blaster would work, then at least I could schedule recordings in the meantime.

I've attached my NPVR logs.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Jeff

P.S. sub, I've been a huge fan of GBPVR for years, and I love everything about NPVR so far aside from these troubles. -- Thanks!!

sub
2010-07-25, 03:33 AM
I have the HDPVR and WinTV drivers and applications installed. ArcSoft's player can capture with both video and audio from the HDPVR, and if I save a .ts file from a NPVR livetv session, I can open it in ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre and I see the captured video. So it is not a capture problem, but a playback problem. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, applications, and NPVR, and also tried not uninstalling different sets of the Hauppauge software in case there was a conflict. I'm at a loss of what else to try. I'm running Windows XP. Is there a place other than the Hauppauge CDs that I should be installing a decoder from? It seems to have provided an MPEG2 Video decoder "Intervideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge" that doesn't seem to work, and doesn't provide an H.264 decoder, but I have a DivX H.264 Decoder on the system (that also doesn't seem to work).
Most HDPVR users are using the ArcSoft Video Decoder for the H.264 decoder. This decoder comes with TME. Some versions of TME dont register the decoder for system wide use though, so you might have to manually register the .ax files in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\MPEG Engine' before it'll show up. The DivX H.264 decoder definitely wont work.

The "Intervideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge" decoder is for MPEG2 and not relevent to your HD-PVR.

I'd also set the AAC/HE-AAC decoder to disabled.

jeffdwskn
2010-07-25, 03:54 AM
Thanks! That works perfectly for the video. The ax files were in 'C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Extreme\Codec', and I registered a few of them with regsvr32.

Any advice on the IR blaster? I can't even set the Changer back to "None" -- the change has no effect and the current setting stays in effect.

-Jeff

sub
2010-07-25, 04:02 AM
Any advice on the IR blaster? I can't even set the Changer back to "None" -- the change has no effect and the current setting stays in effect. Nothing springs to mind, and unfortunately I cant test this here today to check.

jeffdwskn
2010-07-25, 04:09 AM
Okay, no rush. I'll be away from the dvr computer for the next 24-48 hours, but after that I can do more tests or provide additional information to help debug. Is this setting available manually in the registry or config.xml file?

jeffdwskn
2010-09-19, 02:50 AM
Hi sub, have you had a chance to test this bug for the IR blaster setup? I've just upgraded to 1.5.31 and it still doesn't work (won't let me save the setting for HD-PVR IR Blaster). I'd be happy with a work-around if there's a way to set it manually somewhere.

Thanks,

Jeff

Northpole
2010-09-20, 07:43 PM
Any advice on the IR blaster? I can't even set the Changer back to "None" -- the change has no effect and the current setting stays in effect.

-Jeff

I'm using Hip with a mce usb receiver. It's been working good for the most part. Definitely takes a little time to sort it all out. Let me know if you have questions.

jeffdwskn
2010-09-22, 03:31 AM
Northpole, that software looks like it is designed for MCE hardware. Do you know if it works with the HDPVR IR output? NPVR supports the driver, and I think/hope it is just a UI or configuration bug that's the problem.

Northpole
2010-09-22, 11:16 AM
Northpole, that software looks like it is designed for MCE hardware. Do you know if it works with the HDPVR IR output? NPVR supports the driver, and I think/hope it is just a UI or configuration bug that's the problem.

All I can tell you is that I tried to get the IR Blaster that came with the HDPVR to work with gbpvr/npvr but no luck. After a week or so of pulling my hair out, I tried the mce remote and got that working.

The only way I could get the IR Blaster that came with the HDPVR to work was with the Hauppauge blaster program. But when I tried to use that program as the changer in gbpvr, I didn't work.

After working on it for a while , it seemed to me that you had to have a separate usb remote receiver device to get it to work. I used HIP because it's free but I expect others would also work.

Bluethunder
2010-12-27, 04:28 AM
Pretty much having the exact same problems. The HDPVR IR Blaster setting will not stick. It will always revert to the last setting. I can't find the part of the config file that deals with the ir blaster settings.

jeffdwskn
2010-12-29, 04:22 AM
I've even tried uninstalling NPVR, deleting the npvr.db3 file and all of the Application Data/NPVR directory, and reinstalling (the latest version -- 1.5.36). It still won't let me choose the HD-PVR IR Blaster.

sub, any suggestions? I assume some people must have this working, right?

sub
2010-12-29, 04:31 AM
I havnt got time to test this today, but if you bump the thread later tomorrow, I'll check it out.

Bluethunder
2010-12-29, 06:26 PM
I havnt got time to test this today, but if you bump the thread later tomorrow, I'll check it out.

bump :-)

sub
2010-12-29, 06:41 PM
Do you have HaupBlast.exe in "c:\program files\npvr"?

When you select the 'HDPVR IR Blaster' option, it's supposed to just be a shortcut to selecting the 'Executable' channel changer option. ie, when you hit ok and go back in later, you should see the 'Executable' option selected, and the executable pointing to 'c:\program files\npvr\haupblast.exe', and the args set to '{channel}'.

Bluethunder
2010-12-29, 06:44 PM
I'm sure I don't, the NPVR, other than one patch, is as installed.

Can we included haupblast.exe in the distribution?

I'll give that a try.

sub
2010-12-29, 06:49 PM
Can we included haupblast.exe in the distribution?It should be already.

I've attached haupblast.exe. Place it in 'c:\program files\npvr'.

I've also attached a bug fix for the 'HDPVR IR Blaster' option not correctly setting the executable.

jeffdwskn
2010-12-30, 04:59 AM
I didn't have haupblast.exe in the distribution either. With haupblast and the new dll it works perfectly! Thanks so much sub!

By the way, I like the style of the updated theme in this version!

-Jeff

TonyUniopolis
2011-05-06, 02:50 AM
sub,
I am having this same problem after a fresh install of 2.0.3 (and patch set R1). I have put the haupblast.exe into the directory. I tried the dll listed above but it caused the application to crash. Is there anything else I can do? The HD-PVR does the majority of my recordings.

Thanks,
Bill

sub
2011-05-06, 10:32 AM
sub,
I am having this same problem after a fresh install of 2.0.3 (and patch set R1). I have put the haupblast.exe into the directory. I tried the dll listed above but it caused the application to crash. Is there anything else I can do? The HD-PVR does the majority of my recordings.

Thanks,
BillBump the thread in a couple of days (when I'm back in New Zealand) and I'll take a look.

TonyUniopolis
2011-05-10, 12:17 AM
Bump

TonyUniopolis
2011-05-12, 07:08 PM
sub,
Have you had a chance to look at this yet? I'm cannot get the blaster setting to save...either the HD-PVR blaster or for a separate executable.

When I go back into the setup for the HD-PVR, the blaster is set to 'None'

Thanks again,
Bill

jemmy
2011-05-13, 02:29 AM
I'm having the exact same problem with the latest version of npvr and patches.

sub
2011-05-13, 03:24 AM
Can you reproduce the problem and post the npvr.log/nrecord.log?

TonyUniopolis
2011-05-13, 12:49 PM
sub,
I have attached the logs. I went into the 'Devices' setup for the HD-PVR and set the blaster to the HD PVR blaster and selected 'OK'. I then Exited NPVR and went back in...the blaster was set to 'None'

Thanks for looking at this...
Bill

sub
2011-05-13, 04:38 PM
sub,
I have attached the logs. I went into the 'Devices' setup for the HD-PVR and set the blaster to the HD PVR blaster and selected 'OK'. I then Exited NPVR and went back in...the blaster was set to 'None'

Thanks for looking at this...
BillReplace your empty.db3 file with the one attached, then delete your npvr.db3 and restart the app, go to the Settings screen and setup your device again. It should store the blaster after this.

TonyUniopolis
2011-05-13, 05:31 PM
sub,
I don't see the empty.db3 file attachment...

Bill

sub
2011-05-13, 05:46 PM
Sorry - attached.

TonyUniopolis
2011-05-13, 06:37 PM
That did it! Thank you so much!

jemmy
2011-05-13, 10:09 PM
Same here. Thanks!