PDA

View Full Version : High Priority Recording Service

Northpole
2010-06-27, 03:51 PM
Any chance that this might be added to npvr...

<ForceHighPriorityRecordingService>true</ForceHighPriorityRecordingService>

I previously had a couple of HDPVR issues with the older gbpvr software. When I changed this to true, it seemed to solve them. Now I seem to be having a few similar issues with npvr.

Also, I haven't been able to get the manual record option to work.

Thanks.

sub
2010-06-27, 04:36 PM
Any chance that this might be added to npvr...

<ForceHighPriorityRecordingService>true</ForceHighPriorityRecordingService>

I previously had a couple of HDPVR issues with the older gbpvr software. When I changed this to true, it seemed to solve them. Now I seem to be having a few similar issues with npvr.I've added a setting like this for the next build. Personally I dont think you should need increase the priority though (it'll lead to other issues) - what problem were you seeing?

Also, I haven't been able to get the manual record option to work.This isnt implimented yet.

Northpole
2010-06-27, 05:10 PM
I'm running video compressions most of the time so my cpu is generally always up at 90%. Within the last couple of days, I've had two recording that didn't stop after the show ended. I had to stop them manually. Just now, while recording a show, I started my video editor program to cut out the commercial on a mpeg video. The HDPVR stopped recording sometime during my editing process. I had this same problem with v.1.2.9 and when I set the recording service up, the problem went way.