PDA

View Full Version : Unchecked 'Right button context menu' now can't get into Settings

TimA-C
2010-06-26, 12:36 PM
Was playing with the new toy from Sub (your hard work is always appreciated, Sub), and I found an option in the settings to turn off the right-button context menu option and return to the more familiar right-click 'go back' option. Of course now I can't get back into the settings as there doesn't seem to be a 'Settings' option in the main menu. Am I being blind and/or stupid? Is there any way of reversing this or do I have to go ploughing my way through the xml configuration file (assuming there is one in this version)?

Help! :o

martint123
2010-06-26, 01:43 PM
Rightclick the 'npvr' icon in the top left of the window and discover "settings" ;) . I like the old method as I have got used to righclicking to backup a step.

TimA-C
2010-07-10, 11:28 AM
Hi Martin,

thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't appear to have an nprv icon anywhere on the window.

Sub, if you see this PLEASE put a SETTINGS option back in the main menu. There are still loads of people out there who never use the right mouse button and would never find the settings option. Besides, I always thought that the right mouse button was supposed to be a shortcut to the common options relating to whatever the mouse cursor was pointing at rather than replacing those options in the normal menu structure.

sub
2010-07-10, 06:35 PM
Just click in the upper left corner of the window and you'll see rhe applications system menu, with items like 'move' 'size' 'minimize' maximize' etc. At the end of these you'll also see an option to view the Settings screen. Alternatively you can right click on the process in the Windows Taskbar to see it's system menu.

Besides, I always thought that the right mouse button was supposed to be a shortcut to the common options relating to whatever the mouse cursor was pointing at rather than replacing those options in the normal menu structure. No, thats not correct. NPVR's use is consistent with lots of applications.