PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with sound and maintaing settings

TheShadow
2010-06-25, 04:00 AM
It has been spotty, but I cannot get sound to work with any decoder. The eAAC setting always reverts to disabled. What am i missing? Currently, sound doesnt work with recordings or on live tv.

sub
2010-06-25, 04:16 AM
Are these analog recordings from your PVR150?

What MPEG1 Layer 2 audio decoders have you tried?

TheShadow
2010-06-25, 11:05 PM
I have build a new computer that I plan to use in the living room. It has a HVR-2250 card in it. I have a few HD channels set up and have not figured out how to set up the xml thing for the analog channels just yet. My real issue has been getting good video and sound to work. I think that I have tried every decoder/mux combo there is. Last week I bought a an ASUS video card hoping to offload some of the cpu loading ( very little success with that idea as it only dropped cpu loading to ~80%). While I am getting smooth video, the sound has gone away. I had sound and choppy picture before, I am not sure what I broke.

Are there only 2 logs files? I found this in the NPVR log.. I dont know where the AC3 decoder is either.....

2010-06-25 18:53:20.028 [DEBUG][1] Frame Render Rate=67.1211318969727
2010-06-25 18:53:27.291 [DEBUG][1] Adding system LATM AAC decoder
2010-06-25 18:53:27.291 [ERROR][1] Unable to find named decoder
2010-06-25 18:53:27.292 [DEBUG][1] Adding system AC3 decoder
2010-06-25 18:53:27.292 [DEBUG][1] about to load decoder

sub
2010-06-26, 01:01 AM
I had seen a couple of people comment about their AAC decoder selection not sticking. It shouldnt matter for though, since there are no broadcasts using AAC in that part of the world.

My real issue has been getting good video and sound to work. I think that I have tried every decoder/mux combo there isWhat MPEG2 video decoders are available on that machine? What AC3 decoder are available?

TheShadow
2010-06-26, 02:40 AM
For MPEG2:
CyberLink Video/SP (PDVD8)
MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video
MPC - MPEG-2 Video(Gabest)
Microsoft DTV-DVD Video
CBVA DMO wrapper Filter
CyberLink Video/SP (HomeNetwork)
For AC3:
AC3 Filter
MPC (babgvant)
MainConcept (HCW) Layer II
MainConcept (HCW) Dolby Digital
Microsoft DTV-DVD
CyberLink Audio Wizard
CyberLink Audio (PDVD8)
CyberLink Audio (PDVD8 UPnP)

jksmurf
2010-06-26, 04:52 AM
I had seen a couple of people comment about their AAC decoder selection not sticking. It shouldnt matter for though, since there are no broadcasts using AAC in that part of the world.

What MPEG2 video decoders are available on that machine? What AC3 decoder are available?

I believe I have the same (non-sticking codec) problem on MPG files (not ts files) and I definitely have no audio on these. I think we might be using AAC. Decoders as shown.

k.

sub
2010-06-26, 06:06 AM
I believe I have the same (non-sticking codec) problem on MPG files (not ts files) and I definitely have no audio on these. I think we might be using AAC. Decoders as shown.They dont use HE-AAC for broadcast television, not AAC. The only place a NPVR user would encounter AAC (not HE-AAC) is from an HDPVR recording with an old firmware version.

You'd also only get HE-AAC or AAC in a .ts file. In a .mpg file it'll be either MPEG1 Layer 2 audio, or AC3 audio.

Your lack of audio is probably because you've got MPEG1 Layer 2 audio, and you've selected the Monogram AAC decoder for this type of audio. It is not capable of decoding MPEG1 Layer 2 audio, even though it incorrectly reports itself to directshow as being capable of this type of audio.

sub
2010-06-26, 06:08 AM
For MPEG2:
CyberLink Video/SP (PDVD8)
MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video
MPC - MPEG-2 Video(Gabest)
Microsoft DTV-DVD Video
CBVA DMO wrapper Filter
CyberLink Video/SP (HomeNetwork)
For AC3:
AC3 Filter
MPC (babgvant)
MainConcept (HCW) Layer II
MainConcept (HCW) Dolby Digital
Microsoft DTV-DVD
CyberLink Audio Wizard
CyberLink Audio (PDVD8)
CyberLink Audio (PDVD8 UPnP)Try setting:

MPEG2 video to 'MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video Decoder'
MPEG1 Layer2 audio to 'MainConcept (HCW) Layer II'
AC3 to 'MainConcept (HCW) Dolby Digital'

If these decoders dont wont for you, reproduce the problem then post the npvr.log and I'll take a look.

jksmurf
2010-06-26, 08:09 AM
In a .mpg file it'll be either MPEG1 Layer 2 audio, or AC3 audio. Your lack of audio is probably because you've got MPEG1 Layer 2 audio, and you've selected the Monogram AAC decoder for this type of audio.

Right you are. ffdshow selected for MPEG1 works. Neither MPEG Audio Decoder nor Monogram worked. The filr cam from a Cable box whi9ch send MPEG2 Video and MPEG1 Audio. btw the AAC still isn't sticky. but I don't know if it presents me with an issue, referring to an old post of mines, our broadcast OTA streams are http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?33480-Hauppauge-WinTV-DMB-T-released-in-Hong-Kong "MPEG-1 Audio Layer II (MP2) for stereo audio tracks, and Dolby AC-3 for surround sound audio tracks. "

TheShadow
2010-06-26, 05:20 PM
MPEG2 video to 'MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video Decoder'
MPEG1 Layer2 audio to 'MainConcept (HCW) Layer II'
AC3 to 'MainConcept (HCW) Dolby Digital'

These settings helped. I got sound for about 3 minutes the it crackled and died. I am attaching logs. Thanks for your help.

sub
2010-06-26, 05:43 PM
These settings helped. I got sound for about 3 minutes the it crackled and died. I am attaching logs. Thanks for your help.Try a different MPEG1 Layer 2 audio decoder then.

sub
2010-06-26, 05:48 PM
Right you are. ffdshow selected for MPEG1 works. Neither MPEG Audio Decoder nor Monogram worked. The filr cam from a Cable box whi9ch send MPEG2 Video and MPEG1 Audio. btw the AAC still isn't sticky.I've fixed the problem for the next build.

but I don't know if it presents me with an issue, referring to an old post of mines, our broadcast OTA streams are http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?33480-Hauppauge-WinTV-DMB-T-released-in-Hong-Kong "MPEG-1 Audio Layer II (MP2) for stereo audio tracks, and Dolby AC-3 for surround sound audio tracks. "No, it doesnt affect you. You only needs the MPEG1 Layer 2 and AC3 audio decoders. The others can be set to 'disabled'.

jksmurf
2010-06-26, 11:58 PM
I've fixed the problem for the next build.

No, it doesnt affect you. You only needs the MPEG1 Layer 2 and AC3 audio decoders. The others can be set to 'disabled'.

Awesome thanks. With the exception of USB-UIRT support I am really really pleased with NPVR to the point that I ready to switch as soon as I can find a way to blast channels on my Cable Box. It's been so easy to set up, really well done. It must be satsifying to have pared it all down, although I dare say a number of requests will tend to inflate it's capabilties but also complexity, again.

sub
2010-06-27, 01:55 AM
It's been so easy to set up, really well done. It must be satsifying to have pared it all down, although I dare say a number of requests will tend to inflate it's capabilties but also complexity, again.Yeah - at stage its a much easier app to user/understand/maintain. I have no doubt it'll become complicated when I start to add additional features, but the starting point is much better than GB-PVR was, so we'll definitely be better off in the long run.