PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop display of subtitle/closed caption

yancym
2010-06-21, 07:21 PM
When playing DVD videos that I've copied to my video library folder, the video plays fine, but it shows the closed caption/subitle. I can't get rid of it.

These are DVD's that I copied the main movie files using a DVD copy program.

BigMoose
2010-06-21, 07:31 PM
I had the same issue with .mkv's that contained subtitles - gbpvr would play them without (it would listen to whatever config I set up in SAF to turn them on or off) but npvr ignored it and showed them all the time. I found a setting in ffdshow that was selected for subtitles, which I turned off and they went away...

yancym
2010-06-21, 09:34 PM
ffdshow doesn't work real well on my configuration, for some reason, so I use the Microsoft MPEG-2 decoder. I've tried to find some info on making the change BigMoose recommends for this decoder, but can't find any. Does anyone have any ideas?

BigMoose
2010-06-21, 10:02 PM
Do you even have ffdshow installed? As I think it gets loaded for subtitle handling in npvr regardless of the mpeg2 decoder. Download graphedit (if you've not got it) and play the thing in question and at the same time use graphedit to "connect to remote graph" (Sub, is it possible to get npvr to leave last graph file?) and see if ffdshow is in there somewhere. Clearly if you dont even have ffdshow installed none of this helps at all! :)

yancym
2010-06-22, 01:26 PM
Yes, ffdshow is still installed from my previous GBPVR install. I'll be out of town for the next several weeks, so I'll try your suggestions when I return. Thanks.

Asher
2010-07-19, 09:49 AM
look for a green arrow in your system tray when playing a subtitled movie - "vobSUB". On my system, this is what was driving the subtitles.
(Right-Click and choose 'Hide Subtitles')