PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Multidec and MDplugins to work

7ore
2010-06-17, 04:16 AM
I have a dvb-t and I can see the free channels, but not the rest.
Am I missing something obvious here?

* It does work in Gbpvr.
* The ffdecsa.dll is placed in "program files (x86)\NPVR"
* I have copied the content in "..gbpvr\MDplugins" (acamd) to c:\users\public\MDplugins\[card] folder (except mdapifilter.ax).
* The device is set to Multidec.

But the screen stays black and there is no connection with the server at all.
The recording log have a lot of epg info but nothing that is different from the working channels.

What have I missed?

Last, little on the side, I have two small cosmetic bugs to report.
* The progress popup-dialog for scanning dvb-t is not adapted for large dpi.
* When you start to scan, the OK button is enabled and work as Cancel.

sub
2010-06-17, 04:28 AM
I have a dvb-t and I can see the free channels, but not the rest.
Am I missing something obvious here?

* It does work in Gbpvr.
* The ffdecsa.dll is placed in "program files (x86)\NPVR"
* I have copied the content in "..gbpvr\MDplugins" (acamd) to c:\users\public\MDplugins\[card] folder (except mdapifilter.ax).
* The device is set to Multidec.

Above you said " c:\users\public\MDplugins\[card]", I assume you meant " c:\users\public\NPVR\MDplugins\[card]"?

Try watching live tv, then post your npvr.log and nrecord.log and I'll take a look.

7ore
2010-06-17, 06:37 AM
Thanks!
Yea thats right. Forgot the "NPVR" part.

Here is the logs. First I try with an encoded channel and then I switch to a free.
(the epg is a bit chatty isn't it?)

sub
2010-06-17, 06:43 AM
Thanks!
Yea thats right. Forgot the "NPVR" part.

Here is the logs. First I try with an encoded channel and then I switch to a free.I'm away from my development machine for the night now, but bump the thread tomorrow and I'll add some logging for you.

(the epg is a bit chatty isn't it?)I'll remove some of that stuff later. Its useful for now.

griffy
2010-06-17, 07:00 AM
Using Acamd 0.6.1.8 fine with GBPVR but problems with nPVR

[...startup]
2010-06-17 17:47:06.103 [DEBUG][1] Version: 1.5.19
2010-06-17 17:47:06.103 [DEBUG][1] SingleInstance()
2010-06-17 17:47:06.243 [INFO][1] About to connect to remote recording service
2010-06-17 17:47:06.259 [DEBUG][1] About to look for plugin directories in: C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\
2010-06-17 17:47:06.259 [DEBUG][1] About to check for plugin interfaces in: C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\acamd\ACamd.dll
2010-06-17 17:47:06.274 [ERROR][1] Unexpected error loading plugins: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '847360 bytes loaded from NUtility, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: '847360 bytes loaded from NUtility, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection)
at System.AppDomain.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)
at NUtility.PluginRegistry.LoadPluginsFromRoot(String pluginDirectoryBase)

2010-06-17 17:47:06.274 [DEBUG][1] Skipping non-existant plugin directory: C:\NPVR\Plugins\

sub
2010-06-17, 07:23 AM
Using Acamd 0.6.1.8 fine with GBPVR but problems with nPVRYours is in the wrong place. You put in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\, but it needs to be in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\MDPlugins\<cardname-instance>

griffy
2010-06-17, 09:02 AM
ok, thank you, will try after the wife finishes watching her program :)

so what is <cardname-instance> is that just say a folder called 'Acamd' with the unzipped files inside? or is it just like GBPVR with the unzipped files (ie. Acamd.dll) in the MDPlugins folder?

I did originally try that yesterday but of course I was unable to get the Satellite tuner working, then thought MDPlugins was being replaced by just plugins only in nPVR.

One thing I have found is that if a tuner gets stuck with GBPVR I could release it by loading config and pressing OK to reset the recording service, with nPVR I have to restart the computer to release the tuner. My tuner gets stuck if an encrypted channel is started and say Acamd is not setup correctly, so trial and error means continous restarts, is there an easier was to reset a sticking tuner?

Reddwarf
2010-06-17, 09:55 AM
ok, thank you, will try after the wife finishes watching her program :)

so what is <cardname-instance> is that just say a folder called 'Acamd' with the unzipped files inside? or is it just like GBPVR with the unzipped files (ie. Acamd.dll) in the MDPlugins folder?

I did originally try that yesterday but of course I was unable to get the Satellite tuner working, then thought MDPlugins was being replaced by just plugins only in nPVR.

One thing I have found is that if a tuner gets stuck with GBPVR I could release it by loading config and pressing OK to reset the recording service, with nPVR I have to restart the computer to release the tuner. My tuner gets stuck if an encrypted channel is started and say Acamd is not setup correctly, so trial and error means continous restarts, is there an easier was to reset a sticking tuner?

It should work going into Services.msc and restart NPVRRecordingService.

tmrt
2010-06-17, 10:34 AM
It should work going into Services.msc and restart NPVRRecordingService.

Did not work in my case. It could be a bug in NPVR. I could only release the tuner by replugging it (USB tuner). Enable/disable the tuner in Device Manager or use devcon (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272) to reset the tuner driver without reboot.

7ore
2010-06-17, 11:48 AM
Did not work in my case. It could be a bug in NPVR. I could only release the tuner by replugging it (USB tuner).
That can be the answer to why I couldn't delete the nrecord.log file, even if I stopped the npvr record service first.

griffy
2010-06-17, 12:10 PM
all working here (Acamd plugin), run services with admin rights via control panel to restart tuner

sub
2010-06-17, 05:58 PM
all working here (Acamd plugin)Great.

griffy
2010-06-18, 04:59 AM
yeah the card reader needed a com port swap, then I could swap it back (go figure) and everything clicked into place.

I can change channels (GBPVR didn't do this in timeshift mode, only in Live), but the tuner seems to only work in either DVB-S or DVB-T, which ever you start viewing with (HVR4000). I usually set TV1/2/3 etc to freeview for the better signal.

How does the tuner priority work, I remember in GBPVR it was recording top and viewing bottom, can I move tuners up/down?

sub
2010-06-18, 05:02 AM
I can change channels (GBPVR didn't do this in timeshift mode, only in Live), but the tuner seems to only work in either DVB-S or DVB-T, which ever you start viewing with (HVR4000). I usually set TV1/2/3 etc to freeview for the better signal.I can definitely switch between DVB-S and DVB-T on my HVR-4000.

How does the tuner priority work, I remember in GBPVR it was recording top and viewing bottom, can I move tuners up/down?At the moment its not adjustable, but its top down in the devices list.

griffy
2010-06-18, 05:20 AM
I can definitely switch between DVB-S and DVB-T on my HVR-4000.

ok working here now, kept saying device unavailable last night but all good today.

I am getting random stutters with Acamd that I don't get with GBPVR and MDAPI.

sub
2010-06-18, 05:23 AM
ok working here now, kept saying device unavailable last night but all good today.Next time it happens, post the logs and I'll see if anything stands out.

I am getting random stutters with Acamd that I don't get with GBPVR and MDAPI.Maybe try a different decoder.

griffy
2010-06-18, 05:27 AM
Maybe try a different decoder.

SoftCam or Mpeg2 ? Using PDVD7.3 Decoders, last usable versions.

sub
2010-06-18, 05:31 AM
I meant video decoder.

What are you decrypting, Sky or TCL?

griffy
2010-06-18, 05:40 AM
Sky

Was using NewCS but every now and then I got a dropped DCW, meaning 10 seconds of lost video and a time-line stuff up. Started using Acamd Card-reader and perfect ever since.
The glitches are not the 10 second thing, they seem really random, and Acamd is getting DCW in time as per normal.
Wouldn't have thought PDVD codecs would be a problem but I'll try some others.

sub
2010-06-18, 05:45 AM
Unfortunately I'm not really familar with the Sky side of things. I'm on TCL.

If you press Ctrl-LeftArrow after starting live tv (to drop out of live mode by skipping back a second or two), does it play any better?

griffy
2010-06-18, 05:59 AM
No better, tried about 5 different Mpeg2 decoders and watched Acamd key timing, it is the dreaded 10sec glitch. Once the glitch occurs it is recorded. Some decoders give a little stutter whilst others give a 'wholesale blocking' image. Key times according to Acamd (which is also the card reader) were around 0.400 and I get problems usually around 0.900.

sub
2010-06-18, 06:04 AM
Sorry, I dont really know what you'd have to do for that. Its kind of outside of the NPVR side of things.

I thought I remember reading something about newcs being quicker at processing the ECMs though, which helped Sky glitching?

griffy
2010-06-18, 06:11 AM
for me both are about the same, within 0.050 of a ms
the problem was that I always got random (none to once every 5 minutes, or even 15mins just so random) bad transfers between NewCS server and Acamd, so using Acamd's card server gave perfect results
does nPVR have some sort of internal MDAPI plugin?

I have the 'fast card' from Sky so that's not a factor

sub
2010-06-18, 07:07 AM
does nPVR have some sort of internal MDAPI plugin?No, it just supports multidec plugins - so you still always need something like Acamd etc.

7ore
2010-06-19, 06:58 AM
It's a good sign that Griffy got it working.
Is there anything in the logs that point a direction on where to look?

In Gbpvr, I can launch a acamd status dialog with various the settings. I do not get that in Npvr.
Is that a indication that I have some errors early in the chain?
Or is this due to npvr beta status?

griffy
2010-06-19, 02:15 PM
Once you have enabled multidec, then place the Acamd file in the 'newly self' created folder that appears in your previously created MDPlugins folder under C:\Users\Public\NPVR\MDPlugins...
Depending on how you read your 'smart card' you may need to tweak it, I had to remove my USB plug then replace it, then go to 'enable' COM port 3 (in my case) and let Acamd re-initiate the card. All good.
Well I have now uninstalled nPVR as I have problem with nPVR and GB-PVR competing for my tuner...and the All Black are playing so I need things to work at the moment. (Sorry SUB nothing personal)
I guess my problem is that everything works perfect for me in GB-PVR and I can't even crash it at all !!! So testing with nPVR is just for fun at the moment.

griffy
2010-06-19, 02:19 PM
It's a good sign that Griffy got it working.
Is there anything in the logs that point a direction on where to look?

In Gbpvr, I can launch a acamd status dialog with various the settings. I do not get that in Npvr.

Launch the 'AcamdMonitor.exe' before starting nPVR as the other icon only happens with LiveTV and that is no longer available with nPVR.
If you get details in monitor then try 'enabling' or 're-enabling' your COM port.
Good luck.

7ore
2010-06-20, 02:21 PM
Thanks!
I finally got it to work! I began from the beginning, made sure all settings were correct and then I had to restart the NPVR service to get the AcamdMonitor to show some info.

Earlier I had a newcs server on another server, but now I have moved the card to the media comp and lets the Acamd do all the work.
If I install another card I will have to use an external server. But until then this setup works fine.

I can't get the mpg4 channels to work though, but I suspect that thats a different ball game...

sub
2010-06-20, 05:56 PM
Thanks!
I finally got it to work! I began from the beginning, made sure all settings were correct and then I had to restart the NPVR service to get the AcamdMonitor to show some info.Great.

I can't get the mpg4 channels to work though, but I suspect that thats a different ball game...This may just come down to the decoders you've selected.

griffy
2010-07-09, 05:55 AM
ok I've had another go with the latest beta version

results seem strange

Sky Sport 1 stutters but not every 10 seconds like Acamd would ask for the key, so maybe this is something to do with gaining the EPG as both SkySport 2 and 3 do not stutter at all.
Using PDVD7.3 MPEG2 decoders. EPG was empty before veiwing and was filling during viewing.
Further testing needed I think...

update:
filled EPG, problem still there
disabled EPG, problem still there

seems to be specific only to Sky Sport 1