PDA

View Full Version : Schedules Direct support??

Bluetick
2010-06-14, 02:20 PM
I do not see SD on the menus, will it be supported??
I also have a sat box setup and trying to get the mce ir blaster to work.
My pvr150 works after loading wintv7 on an XP sp3.
My 2250 worked without a hitch on a Vista Home sp2.

Thanks for your time and work on this!!!

pcostanza
2010-06-14, 02:24 PM
As it's a beta, some things will take a bit longer. So hopefully, we'll see support for Schedules Direct in a few weeks as the beta matures.

whurlston
2010-06-14, 02:57 PM
You can use XMLTV to download your listings from Schedules Direct in the meantime.

pcostanza
2010-06-14, 03:19 PM
And an easy GUI for xmltv and using SD is mc2xml. You can find it here. (http://mc2xml.110mb.com/)

Reddwarf
2010-06-14, 03:45 PM
BTW: Does anybody know of a program that can scan all my dvb-c/t frequencies for epg and produce an xmltv-file from that?

JonnyCam
2010-06-14, 09:24 PM
If you can't find aynthing like what you want, you could try getting your chnanel info etc, and use the below to extract the epg from the stream.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/

Reddwarf
2010-06-14, 10:50 PM
If you can't find aynthing like what you want, you could try getting your chnanel info etc, and use the below to extract the epg from the stream.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/

Seems to be just what I wanted, THANKS!

JimF
2010-07-08, 04:00 PM
And an easy GUI for xmltv and using SD is mc2xml. You can find it here. (http://mc2xml.110mb.com/)
I will bump this to say thanks. Mc2xml is easy to use for both Schedules Direct and Microsoft. I think more people should know about this.

johnsonx42
2010-07-08, 04:05 PM
Honestly now that MC2XML works with Schedules Direct, I'm not sure there's much need for Sub to provide explicit Schedules Direct support any more. Unless he can do something more with the SD data than MC2XML does.

I wonder if Sub could get the OK from the author of MC2XML to include it with NPVR, as he already does with FFMPEG.

pcostanza
2010-07-08, 04:52 PM
Honestly now that MC2XML works with Schedules Direct, I'm not sure there's much need for Sub to provide explicit Schedules Direct support any more. Unless he can do something more with the SD data than MC2XML does.

I wonder if Sub could get the OK from the author of MC2XML to include it with NPVR, as he already does with FFMPEG.

Yea, I tend to agree and it's fine for my use but it's going to be asked.
Might be a good idea when the wiki gets working to include some of this info. It's the new, less aware users who would benefit from direct SD support. I'm sure SD would like it as well since mc2xl users don't need to grab from SD when they can get it for free from MS. But, how long can one be guaranteed MS is not going to put an end to it? They aren't good with giving things away.

elbryyan
2010-07-08, 05:21 PM
Plus the free version of mc2xml does not get over the air listings unless you use SD, which you have to subscribe to anyway. If you donate I think you can get them with the updated microsoft listing but don't know as I don't have it.

ga_mueller
2010-07-08, 07:04 PM
Plus the free version of mc2xml does not get over the air listings unless you use SD

Not true. For mc2xml, digital terrestrial=OTA

elbryyan
2010-07-08, 07:12 PM
I did not know that, I stand corrected. I'll give it a try now as I didn't want to hassel with trying to map the correct channels with a cable lineup. Thanks.

johnsonx42
2010-07-09, 06:18 AM
Not true. For mc2xml, digital terrestrial=OTA

Yes, but last I checked the OTA listings from the old Microsoft "Legacy" service are pretty incomplete, and lacks listings for the digital sub channels. It's only the new Microsoft service that has full digital OTA listings, and that requires the premium version of MC2XML.

ga_mueller
2010-07-11, 07:53 AM
Yes, but last I checked the OTA listings from the old Microsoft "Legacy" service are pretty incomplete, and lacks listings for the digital sub channels.

Most, if not all, of the digital subchannels are junk. Foreign language shows, weight loss infomercials, local weather, male enhancement ads, investment experts, Cindy Crawford Meaningful Beauty makeup, various useless kitchen and bathroom cleaning aids, all in Standard Definition, of course.

Digital Terrestrial mc2xml contains 99% of the useful channels for OTA. I applaud their omission of the subchannels... :)

pcostanza
2010-07-11, 03:44 PM
Hey, don't pick on Cindy Crawford! She still looks great even on a digital subchannel.:D

johnsonx42
2010-07-11, 04:47 PM
Most, if not all, of the digital subchannels are junk.
True; most, but not all are junk. I have 8 subs for which I really do need guide data: Universal Sports, ThisTV, qubo, KCET-W, KCET-OC, KOCE-OC, KLCS-DT2, and KLCS-DT3. I have another small handful of subs mapped that I wouldn't really care if I didn't have data for.

TheShadow
2010-07-11, 07:52 PM
If you have two listings with SD, can you get mc2xml.exe to select the listing that you want.? I have tried appending the username with "username;ST######:X" but that did not seem to work.

Thanks

johnsonx42
2010-07-11, 08:01 PM
If you have two listings with SD, can you get mc2xml.exe to select the listing that you want.? I have tried appending the username with "username;ST######:X" but that did not seem to work.
http://mc2xml.110mb.com/

Nothing seems to be documented about how to do that, you might e-mail the MC2XML author for that info (e-mail is at the very bottom of the page).

chewy747
2010-07-14, 03:09 PM
so will there be intergrated schedules direct support before npvr goes out of beta?

johnsonx42
2010-07-14, 04:13 PM
sub recently said it's coming soon, along with "don't record duplicates" support.

chewy747
2010-07-14, 07:22 PM
sub recently said it's coming soon, along with "don't record duplicates" support.

cool! havent been keeping up on the forum

whurlston
2010-07-14, 07:39 PM

Thanks

http://mc2xml.110mb.com/

Nothing seems to be documented about how to do that, you might e-mail the MC2XML author for that info (e-mail is at the very bottom of the page).

You can use a .chl file for each lineup to limit the channels listed and then call each one seperately.

fering
2010-07-14, 08:08 PM
so will there be intergrated schedules direct support before npvr goes out of beta?

I have to admit this is what is stopping me from updating to the Beta at this point. I hope nobody is looking at NPVR usage and thinking that adoption is low, I fully intend to upgrade to NPVR, but just have to wait for all GBPVR functionality to be there to keep the WAF up.

soccerdad
2010-07-14, 10:57 PM
I have to admit this is what is stopping me from updating to the Beta at this point. I hope nobody is looking at NPVR usage and thinking that adoption is low, I fully intend to upgrade to NPVR, but just have to wait for all GBPVR functionality to be there to keep the WAF up.

The mc2xml is REALLY simple so I would not let that stop you. All of the directions are on the mc2xml site and lots of help is here too. It is as easy as downloading a file, dropping it in a directory (where ever you want), making a list of channels you want in a text file (only if you don't want the entire listing) and a small batch file for the program to call. Then you just run it once and select which data you want and that is it. You just point npvr at the xmltv file and you are good to go. If the batch file is a problem I would gladly share mine. Once you are up and running, it is just like the built in version.

4zm4r3d02
2010-08-01, 06:17 PM
...You just point npvr at the xmltv file and you are good to go. If the batch file is a problem I would gladly share mine. Once you are up and running, it is just like the built in version.
How do you point NPVR at the xmltv file for all of the channels? It looks like you have to go in and set each channel's epg source by hand in the channel mapping screen.

Can you share that batch file, please?

sgilani
2010-08-01, 08:19 PM
It seems you can't use more than one XMLTV file for listings (unlike GBPVR where each source could have it's own independent one), so I've created a little command-line app that merges multiple XMLTV files together. If anyone needs it, let me know and I'll polish it up for general use and put it up.

Reddwarf
2010-08-01, 08:24 PM
It seems you can't use more than one XMLTV file for listings (unlike GBPVR where each source could have it's own independent one), so I've created a little command-line app that merges multiple XMLTV files together. If anyone needs it, let me know and I'll polish it up for general use and put it up.

There are already at least two utilities to do that, xmltvmerge.exe and xmltv-merger.exe (found them by google) ;)

sgilani
2010-08-02, 06:59 AM
There are already at least two utilities to do that, xmltvmerge.exe and xmltv-merger.exe (found them by google) ;)

yep, I found one but it decided my source files were too big for it :p so had to cobble up something myself.

sgilani
2010-08-02, 07:00 AM

exactly, NPVR looks amazing but just a few things like Guide Searching and the mini-guide while watching TV are the reason I'm still puttering along on PVRX2 for now :)

Reddwarf
2010-08-02, 11:50 AM
yep, I found one but it decided my source files were too big for it :p so had to cobble up something myself.

My xmltv files are about 14 Meg, do you have much bigger files?

whurlston
2010-08-02, 05:33 PM

You can use multiple xmltv files with NPVR. In fact, you can use multiple files for channels within a single capture source. There are two ways that you can do it:

In the Settings->Channels screen, double click the channel (or select "Details") and assign the file and EPG channel.
While watching Live TV, right click and select "Set channel EPG source".

elbryyan
2010-08-02, 08:17 PM
The mc2xml is REALLY simple so I would not let that stop you. All of the directions are on the mc2xml site and lots of help is here too. It is as easy as downloading a file, dropping it in a directory (where ever you want), making a list of channels you want in a text file (only if you don't want the entire listing) and a small batch file for the program to call. Then you just run it once and select which data you want and that is it. You just point npvr at the xmltv file and you are good to go. If the batch file is a problem I would gladly share mine. Once you are up and running, it is just like the built in version.

If you are using schedules direct, you can configure your lineup to no include the channels you don't want from there by disabling them in you lineup. No need to configure the channel file for mc2xml.
I jus like the integrated functionality as there no need to set up another scheduled task to grab the guide data everynight as GBPVR automatically did it for me.

chewy747
2010-09-15, 12:59 PM
any news about upcoming release integrated with schedules direct? i was really hoping to not have to mess with another utillity to get the epg but if it is going to be quite a while I might just have to bite the bullet and mess around with it

sub
2010-09-15, 04:17 PM
any news about upcoming release integrated with schedules direct?Sorry no update on that front. I havnt looked into it yet.

chewy747
2010-09-15, 04:46 PM
Sorry no update on that front. I havnt looked into it yet.

rats its the one thing holding me back from npvr right now

mulletback
2010-09-15, 05:36 PM
I still use I-xmltv with GBPVR to get listings from SchedulesDirect and edit them to suit - when I set up my NPVR test rig I duplicated the I-xmltv setup so NPVR would call it to update the EPG and use the xmltv file. The only edits to the .bat files were the path strings. This gives me control over things like "first air date" and "episode number" etc.

chewy747
2010-09-15, 05:43 PM
I still use I-xmltv with GBPVR to get listings from SchedulesDirect and edit them to suit - when I set up my NPVR test rig I duplicated the I-xmltv setup so NPVR would call it to update the EPG and use the xmltv file. The only edits to the .bat files were the path strings. This gives me control over things like "first air date" and "episode number" etc.

are there any directions to getting this setup? the link in this thread is dead.

pcostanza
2010-09-15, 05:48 PM
See if this link gets you where you need to go.
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/I-xmltvForSD

Why not try mc2xml? (http://mc2xml.yourfreehosting.net/?h=4ny30y)
It's much easier IMO. The link seems to move often which makes me wonder if there is a problem with using it but it's working for me.

johnsonx42
2010-09-15, 10:19 PM
See the epg section of the npvr sticky (in my sig below) for a little more info, but basically:

1. download mc2xml
2. put it in a directory, like c:\epg
3. run mc2xml.exe
4. select schedules direct, put in use name and password
5. mc2xml creates xmltv.xml in the same directory
6. in NPVR channel list, point first channel to xmltv.xml, select matching channel
7. click "bulk map", match up each physical channel to epg channel
8. click update epg
9. create updateepg.bat in npvr\scripts directory:

cd \epg
mc2xml -d 360

(the -d 360 tells it to download 15 days' worth (24x15=360) of epg data, which is what I use... it defaults to 7 days if you don't specify)

dljones8053
2011-08-21, 04:43 PM
Guys I found if don't want to deal with a mc2xml.chl file as I did not want to deal with it removing over 30 channels, easy way is under device setup once you grab the xmltv.xml file just uncheck the channels you don't want to show up in your guide. Then run your update EPG go into TVGuide you will not see them. BTW I recommending clearing all channels under you EPG before doing the update. A habit I find make it easy when trying to make changes in the EPG.

dj