PDA

View Full Version : HD Homerun Setup

ironcross
2010-06-13, 11:26 PM
NPVR sees the HD Homerun but when it scans it finds no channels. I am using my qam.ini file that I use in GB-PVR. As it scans it shows a signal strength. I've attached my npvr.log. I notice that it shows the following:
FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus

For each channel it also shows:
Unable to get IKsPropertySet interface

GSpanFan
2010-06-13, 11:44 PM
Edit: Not sure that my problem was the same as yours. Although I did have a problem with the channels showing strength, but not being added until I took the steps below.

I had this problem as well and I did the following:

1.) Go into HD Home Run Setup, change application to "Other:ATSC/QAM"
2.) Went into Windows Services and stopped "GB-PVR Recording Service"

After scanning again, NPVR found the channels. I'm not sure which change did it though. I'm just now making my first test recording with NPVR.

Hope this helps!

whurlston
2010-06-14, 12:02 AM
Make sure you have a firewall exception for NPVR.exe

You should be able to leave the application as "GB-PVR" in the HDHR Setup. I'll be putting together a guide tonight.

ironcross
2010-06-14, 01:41 AM
Thanks youse guys. Changing the Main Application type in HD Homerun Setup to Other ATSC/QAM did the trick for me.

IanSav
2010-06-14, 03:56 AM
Hi,

I use a HDHomeRun in Melbourne Australia and I also see a good signal strength but no channels are detected. The HDHomeRun config has been left as GB-PVR as suggested above. I added NPVR.EXE to the firewall exception list.

I am using a modified 0141-melb.ini file that adds the new Community TV and the 3D Trial channels. For the benefit of others here is my modified 0141-melb.ini file:
[TERTYPE]
1=Australia
2=Melbourne_Dandenong

[DVB]
;Position = Channelname,Frequency(KHz),Inversion(0,1),0,Bandwi dth (7MHz=1, 8MHz=2)
0=7

1=ABC,226500,0,0,7
2=Seven Network,177500,0,0,7
3=Nine Network,191625,0,0,7
4=Network Ten,219500,0,0,7
5=SBS,536625,0,0,7
6=Community TV,557500,0,0,7
7=3D Trial,578500,0,0,7
I have used this file on GB-PVR without issue.

Are there any suggestions on what I should try next?

Edit: I am new to GB-PVR and NPVR, are there any log or configuration files I can include to make assistance any easier?

Regards,
Ian.

whurlston
2010-06-14, 05:54 AM
You may also need to add a firewall exception for NRecord.exe

IanSav
2010-06-14, 06:17 AM
Hi Whurlston,

You may also need to add a firewall exception for NRecord.exe
Thank you for your post. In my thread asking about firwall requirements I found the NRecord.exe process and added the firewall rule for it. No change, I still don't detect any valid channels.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
2010-06-14, 11:35 AM
Hi,

Progress has been made. I used the HDHomeRun setup tool to select the main application as "Other: DVB-T/DVB-C" and then rebooted the PC. NPVR can now scan the available channels. None of the HD channels were shown as type MPEG2/HD (all the MPEG channels were shown as MPEG2/SD). The H.264 channel was correctly described.

My next problem is that the saved channel list does not match the standard LCNs as broadcast. The numbers assigned appear somewhat random and have duplicates. I am currently trying to find a way to renumber the channels.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
2010-06-14, 01:10 PM
Hi,

I used the Settings > Channels screen to edit the channel LCN numbers. On initial reaction I didn't think this was working as the channel list did not update after each edit. When I left the Channels screen and then returned I noted that all the edits had taken.

So far so good, I'm still learning and experimenting.

Regards,
Ian.

nia
2010-06-14, 08:13 PM
I have the same issue as the OP. I have made several rescans using different settings in the HDHomeRun config - both Other:ATSC/QAM and Other: DVB-T/DVB-C.

It seems like it finds the channels, it shows 100% signal, and I can see the LED on the HDHR blinking when it searches, but it never reports any channels in the application.

My scans for channels on FloppyDTV (DVB-C) and Terratec 2400i (DVB-T) was successful.

Any input is appreciated.

sub
2010-06-14, 08:21 PM
I have the same issue as the OP. I have made several rescans using different settings in the HDHomeRun config - both Other:ATSC/QAM and Other: DVB-T/DVB-C.

It seems like it finds the channels, it shows 100% signal, and I can see the LED on the HDHR blinking when it searches, but it never reports any channels in the application.

My scans for channels on FloppyDTV (DVB-C) and Terratec 2400i (DVB-T) was successful.

Any input is appreciated.I'm pretty sure your problem is firewall related. I can see it locking a signal, but it looks like its not delivering any data to NPVR, but was typically a firewall issue when we saw these symptoms in GB-PVR in the past.

nia
2010-06-14, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty sure your problem is firewall related. I can see it locking a signal, but it looks like its not delivering any data to NPVR, but was typically a firewall issue when we saw these symptoms in GB-PVR in the past.

And right you were :o I thought I had everything opened, but I completely disabled the firewall and now channels are popping up both SD HD and encrypted ones. Thanks. :)

sub
2010-06-14, 09:04 PM
Great.

EJCastellanos
2010-08-13, 04:16 PM
Was the guide ever written?

I have managed to get QAM working with my HVR1600 but the HDHomeRun is difficult to setup.

whurlston
2010-08-13, 08:43 PM
No sorry. I have to run some HDHomeRun OTA tests for tjb so I'll write it while I'm doing them.