PDA

View Full Version : question on automatic updating of TVguide

stdim
2004-04-08, 07:42 AM
Hello,
I have come accross the following situation and I wonder if there is some idea as a workaround.
I have installed GBPVR v.15 on WinXP and WinTV on PVR-350(latest drivers)
It seams it works OK except from the following.
If I schedule a record at around 1:00 in the morning (using WinTV scheduler), it never starts.
( I am not in the position to tell you that I have search it a lot, because of Easter vacations - I have not checked your built-in recorder and it does not happen at other times of the day)...but I wonder...

I know that automatic updating of TVguide is done some time at night...but as I live in Greece I do not have this option(no xml here).

The question is:
1) do you think this "no recording" situation has something to do with automatic updating?
2) when updating is run?
3) Is it possible to disable it?
4) where can I find the command line options of GBPVR program?

Thanks in advance,
P.S. I wish you happy Easter.....

sub
2004-04-08, 07:12 PM
... and a happy easter back at you. I'm going to spend the next couple of days setting up my new Athlon64 computer so its good to have a few days off.

I cant see the EPG update is affecting the WinTV scheduler. It runs sometime between 3am and 4am, doesnt use the scheduler, and only does some simple text file processing.

If GB-PVR was recording a file, I can imagine this could stop the recording taking place. Another user did report that one night it recorded unexpectidly all night, but you should be able to spot this easily due to a full hard drive. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

stdim
2004-04-12, 07:32 PM
Hello,
*No that was not the case....no recording has happened.
*So the other questions were :

*Where can I find the command line options of the program?

*Can I disable automatic updating, because I cannot use them ( not available here ).

Thanks again.

sub
2004-04-12, 07:49 PM
The command line parameters are listed in the change.log

-TVGuide
-Recordings
-LiveTV
-EmptyEPG
-OnlyEmptyEPG
-UpdateEPG
-OnlyUpdateEPG
-mvpmode

There is no way to current diable the auto update. If you dont use xmltv, then no update is done.

stdim
2004-04-14, 02:09 PM
Hello,
I think I found the solution to my problem...at least a work-around.
I just do not use in Power option Properties of my PC : Turn Off Monitor (after 5 mins). If I do not use TurnOffMonitor option even if I use Screen Saver everything is OK in recording with WinTV.
Bye.

nhoj
2004-04-20, 03:14 PM
Does the EPG auto-update re-write the schedule or just extend what is cuurently there?

The reason I ask is last weekend there was a program change for one of my channels and my auto-update kept the old schedule for that day but did extend the days ahead.

Would I have to use the "EmptyEpg" and "UpdateEpg" command line parameters to do a clean update?

Great programme by the way.

JE