PDA

View Full Version : stupid question #1...

Caveman
2009-07-17, 04:10 PM
I am trying to figure out how to do some really basic things.
(I am converting from Myth)

I appologize if this question has been asked & answered already but I couldn't find the answer in the wiki or the forums using search.

with Myth, I was able to record a show like "South Park" and keep all NEW episodes, and then setup another recording to keep only 10 reruns.

with GBPVR, i can't seem to tell that any distinction is made at all between NEW and RERUN shows. (I have always used schedules direct).

How do I tell the program to record ONLY new shows?

thanks much!

imagn
2009-07-17, 04:18 PM
GBPVR it self does not have a way to differenciate listings as new or rerun through basic epg data. However (I am not a schedules direct users so this could be different) some epg sources allow a (*) to be place to indicate that its a new show, this setting should be selceted through your epg source ie if schedules direct has this option (I use mc2xml and can have the star added to new shows). Once this has taken place you basically make 2 reccuring recordings one for the star (keep all shows) then find the listings witout the star, make a new reccuring and keep only 10

other than that i am not sure how to do it

soccerdad
2009-07-17, 04:20 PM
That is exactly how I do it as well. I am also a mce2xml user.

pBS
2009-07-17, 08:54 PM
MC2XML also can read schedules direct data directly and add the star for new stuff..probably easiest way..
mc2xml option: " -T <user>:<pass> use schedules direct service"
http://mc2xml.110mb.com/

or you could use UltraXMLTV to add the star afterwards with schedules direct data and do the other stuff they said...:)
[it does work on the Schedules Direct service]