PDA

View Full Version : only shows encrypted shows

mchipser
2009-04-29, 03:49 PM
Ok so i am following the guide here (http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5449) and when i scan for channels it only is showing the encrypted channels.. I can use VLC to watch the shows but i want to be able to record shows.. is there any logs i need to post?

GB-PVR does detect about 25 channels (give or take a few) I tried to watch these but all said they are encrypted.

and of course this is using a HDhomerun

sub
2009-04-29, 11:54 PM
GB-PVR does detect about 25 channels (give or take a few) I tried to watch these but all said they are encrypted.
Reproduce the problem and post the pvrx2.exe.log and pvrx2.exe-native.log and I'll take a look.

mchipser
2009-04-30, 05:04 AM
I dont see those 2 logs in the "logs" directory

Here are the logs in there

config.exe-1.log
config.exe-3.log
config.exe-native-1.log
config.exe-native-2.log
config.exe-native-3.log
config.exe-native.log
config.exe.log
GBPVRRecordingService.exe-1.log
GBPVRRecordingService.exe-2.log
GBPVRRecordingService.exe-native-1.log
GBPVRRecordingService.exe-native-2.log
GBPVRRecordingService.exe-native.log
GBPVRRecordingService.exe.log
GBPVRTray.exe-1.log
GBPVRTray.exe.log
pending.log

sub
2009-04-30, 02:13 PM
GB-PVR does detect about 25 channels (give or take a few) I tried to watch these but all said they are encrypted.When you tried this, were you trying to use the live tv button in PVRX2, or something else?

mchipser
2009-04-30, 06:05 PM
When you tried this, were you trying to use the live tv button in PVRX2, or something else?

the first time was in the live TV section.. this time was just in the scan for channels section.. I will go into the live TV section and see if the logs appear.. Do I need to try and view all the channels or just one channels will be ok..

I also tried (last night) MythTV and it found all the same channels but it also found the unencrypted channels and automatically changed the names (IE: KXXV 25.1) or whatever.. but GB-PVR doesn't rename any of the channels so do they not see those good channels..

mchipser
2009-05-01, 12:07 AM
ok for some reason it keeps freezing when scanning for channels at 12 of 90.. not sure why..

Edit: it is actually freezing at 17 of 90 not 12..

mchipser
2009-05-01, 02:43 AM
very odd.. I ran "Qam.ini Manager.exe" and changed the center channel i was using and now it seems to be running fine..

here are logs you requested.. Thanks for the help..

sub
2009-05-01, 10:32 AM
very odd.. I ran "Qam.ini Manager.exe" and changed the center channel i was using and now it seems to be running Great.

mchipser
2009-05-01, 01:07 PM
Great.

so any word on why it only shows the encrypted channels?

mchipser
2009-05-02, 10:49 PM
any reason why i cant get the unencrypted shows?

sub
2009-05-03, 02:30 AM
I suspect these are not encrypted channels, but something (possibly firewall) is stopping the data from getting from the HDHR to PVRX2.exe. No data is also reported as encrypted when you attempt to view live tv. I'd see if your firewall is allowing PVRX2.exe to have network access

sub
2009-05-03, 02:32 AM
I've checked a couple of other things in the logs, and it definitely looks like you werent trying to watch an encrypted channel, we re-enforces my comments above.

mchipser
2009-05-04, 04:18 PM
there is a screen that pops up and says it is encrypted... Also the channels that MythTV and MediaPortal do show do not show in GB-PVR. These are also the shows that are available in the HDhr manager..

sub
2009-05-04, 11:21 PM
there is a screen that pops up and says it is encrypted... As I said in my post above, getting no data also causes it to give this encrypted message popup.