PDA

View Full Version : CS4 Beta on MVP

pz1
2009-02-28, 10:54 AM
Just downloaded the beta. Installation went well. I tested via VNC console and MVP simultaneously.
Observed on MVP:
- In the main menu the GBPVR logo's are missing
- MVP restarts after selecting Musiclibrary 2 (8.05 backend)
- Net radio, but also other applications with 'button like' lists display had heavy flicker

Observed on VNC console:
- On selecting ML2 PVRX2 stops with an unhandled exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Logs attached

McBainUK
2009-02-28, 11:04 AM
- Which GB-PVR logo is this?
- I assume Music Library 2 runs ok on the PC?

pz1
2009-02-28, 11:18 AM
- Which GB-PVR logo is this?
This is the logo with the two circles. The big cicle holding small images of TV Guide etc.

- I assume Music Library 2 runs ok on the PC?
It does NOT run OK on PC with this release of CS, but it did before on both PC and MVP. I think I did update my post at the same time you prepared the answer. I also just included the most relevant logs in that post, but probably this is something for psycik to look in.
PS: As stated before I am happy to continue beta testing. I do have a special interest in ML2

pz1
2009-02-28, 11:21 AM
I should have started saying how much I appreciate this new release :eek: Looks realy good.

McBainUK
2009-02-28, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the logs, will look into the ML2 problem.
----
Ah, those logos are known as Task Images. I've just dusted off my own MVP and think it might be a little GB-PVR bug. I found that you only get Task Images if you explicitly set the Community Skin as the MVP skin in the config app (not just leave it as "Default").

pz1
2009-02-28, 11:51 AM
While playing with the thing I just learned it were the task images.
Indeed explicitly setting MVP skin solves the problem.

Off-topic: The skin plugin has become much more self explaining. Congrats

pz1
2009-02-28, 02:16 PM
Observed on MVP:
- MVP restarts after selecting Musiclibrary 2 (8.05 backend)

Observed on VNC console:
- On selecting ML2 PVRX2 stops with an unhandled exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Appears to be a problem with ML2. I did install the full ML3 now which does not crash. I'll do some limited testing with that version. Unfortunately ML3 is still in early beta stage and unusable from my perspective.

Pieter

Fatman_do
2009-02-28, 04:14 PM
The MusicLibrary2 skin files had been removed from the -SD and -HD folders in SVN apparently by mistake. Will see if I can recover them.

pz1
2009-02-28, 04:23 PM
The MusicLibrary2 skin files had been removed from the -SD and -HD folders in SVN apparently by mistake. Will see if I can recover them.
Yes I would appreciate that. I assume the old ML2 ones from my backups are not compatible with this version of CS4? ( I intend to keep CS4 because it is already pretty good.)
Pieter

Fatman_do
2009-02-28, 05:25 PM
I had to go off an older version, so hopefully everything is just as you expected.

For some reason my local SVN never was uploaded? Lost what I had when I deleted the folder and cleaned hard drive and re-downloaded.

Attachment is a test of the incremental update install method.

Fatman_do
2009-02-28, 06:02 PM
I am going to lock this thread, please post follow up posts and bug reports in the Beta sticky. It will be easier to track bugs and fixes in just one thread for now.