PDA

View Full Version : Quality Profile Setting Not Staying Set

UncleJohnsBand
2005-02-20, 06:10 PM
I installed 2 PVR-150's and everything seems to be working fine. The only problem thus far has been the Quality Profile setting in the Direct Recording settings. When you open it up when you are adding a new Capture Source it is defaulted to Medium.

I change it to High and close out....the recording service restarts. If I set something to record it defualts to medium. If I go back into the congicuration of for the card it shows medium.

Any ideas?

I am running the .90.10 maintenance release.

Networker
2005-02-20, 06:14 PM
That apparently is normal, I experienced the same thing. Medium is actually considered Default. What I did was change the settings for Medium/default to that of a higher quality, that way I would not need to remember to set the quality when setting up recordings.

My settings are 6500 avg and 8000 max VBR.

John

mikaelgu
2005-02-20, 06:16 PM
It'd be nice to be able to set the default value though...

UncleJohnsBand
2005-02-20, 06:30 PM
Thanks d3cypher...hadn't thought of that before...that will work.

I do agree with mikaelgu....you should be able to set your default and it should stick.

sub
2005-02-20, 06:41 PM
Get over it people, that not the way it works. I should have called medium "default record settings" in hightsight as it would have caused less confusion.

sub
2005-02-20, 06:42 PM
Quote[/b] ]It'd be nice to be able to set the default value though...
You can set the default value. Just click the 'edit' button next to the medium/default profile and edit the bitrate/resolution/etc to be whatever you prefer.