PDA

View Full Version : Music Panel PlugIn

saintalan
2005-02-20, 12:31 PM
I just saw this and downloaded it and placed in Plug In Directory and see nothing.

Also does this work with My Music plug in?

Thanks

Alan

saintalan
2005-02-20, 03:44 PM
Just using plain ole Blue as standard. So what skins does it work with. I tried the example.

Also I have now noticed a My Panel but no download unless its the same one.

Thanks

Alan

saintalan
2005-02-20, 09:23 PM
Tipstir thanks but I am a bit of a newbie to GBPVR, no problem there but I do struggle a bit with PlugIns and skins.

I have managed to get all the 'My series' working but am totally lost on the Panel!! I tried a skin you suggested but nothing happens, I am not sure of what I should be doing and what I should be putting where!

All instructions on this site are fine if you know what you are doing in the first place, it's a bit of a circle for newbies...

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-02-20, 09:28 PM
the panel i uploaded is mostly just for skin developers, the only skin that supports the music panel is "gbpvr media experience" there are a few skins that are using a older one that i only released with the original "gbpvr media experience", so if you arent using "gbpvr media experience" it wont work (unless you manually add support for it to what ever skin you are using).

saintalan
2005-02-21, 08:03 AM
Thanks guys, I downloaded the ME skin and I get the Panel on the main menu.

Only problem is (one that I had before) is that when I go to the main menu any selection/playlist finishes after the current song. Somehow it must invoke STOP as the SQUARE sign flashes at the end of song.

Also I thought that it included a screen saver?

Regards

Alan

reven
2005-02-21, 08:16 AM
Quote[/b] ]Only problem is (one that I had before) is that when I go to the main menu any selection/playlist finishes after the current song. Somehow it must invoke STOP as the SQUARE sign flashes at the end of song.
huh?

Quote[/b] ]Also I thought that it included a screen saver?
no there is no screen savers in gbpvr yet.

saintalan
2005-02-21, 08:45 AM
Reven thanks, yes I have tried getting to the menu several ways and it just stops after the current song.

RE screen saver, Noted. It would be great if there was something even if it defaulted to the MVP original, as I have a plasma and concerned over image retention/burn.

Mostly my MVP use woill be for Music.

THanks again for prompt responeses.

Alan

saintalan
2005-02-21, 01:42 PM
Quote[/b] (tipstir @ Feb. 21 2005,14:34)]reven and Alan the screen saver is coming from MVP not from GBPVR
Tipster thanks but not quite sure what you mean.

I use GBPVR and cant have a saver however I would like ANY saver. I was just saying even the MVP one would be fine.

Alan

saintalan
2005-02-21, 10:00 PM
Quote[/b] (tipstir @ Feb. 21 2005,16:02)]...did you buy a Plasma TV/Monitor/PC/Monitor/Digital and you run GBPVR on it or not?...
Yes I have a Hitachi 42pd5200, I currently am using the MVP thru an RGB input. I may try the Component later when I have resolved all other MVP/GBPVR issues.

Thanks

Alan

reven
2005-02-21, 11:23 PM
a screensaver for gbpvr is on subs to do list.

tkgafs
2005-02-21, 11:46 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 22 2005,00:23)]a screensaver for gbpvr is on subs to do list.
there is a screensaver on the mvp make sure you have the latest version of the hauppauge software installed for the mvp and run that.

On the setupscreen there is a bit for screensaver I think it may be on a 2nd page of the config options

there is also seems to be a bug with either the mvp or gbpvr when its sending to the mvp that stops playing music at the end of the current track even if there is music queued up to play in a playlist. if you exit from a music playing program and then go to something like the comics or the weather.

if you go back to the music plugin before the track ends it seems to carry on as if nothing had happened

its very odd

tkgafs

saintalan
2005-02-22, 08:16 AM
Quote[/b] (tkgafs @ Feb. 22 2005,00:46)]
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 22 2005,00:23)]a screensaver for gbpvr is on subs to do list.
there is a screensaver on the mvp make sure you have the latest version of the hauppauge software installed for the mvp and run that....

...if you go back to the music plugin before the track ends it seems to carry on as if nothing had happened
How do I make the MVP screen saver work if I am running GBPVR?

Re 2nd point, yes it's wierd, also whatever track position you are in, it starts there every time even if you shuffle again!

Alan

saintalan
2005-02-24, 05:34 PM
Quote[/b] (saintalan @ Feb. 22 2005,09:16)]
Quote[/b] (tkgafs @ Feb. 22 2005,00:46)]
there is a screensaver on the mvp make sure you have the latest version of the hauppauge software installed for the mvp and run that....

...if you go back to the music plugin before the track ends it seems to carry on as if nothing had happened
How do I make the MVP screen saver work if I am running GBPVR?

Re 2nd point, yes it's wierd, also whatever track position you are in, it starts there every time even if you shuffle again!

Alan
My apologies to those who could not understand what I was on about!

I have my main server for MVP in my attic, however for convenience I was testing on my notebook in my lounge next to my TV and on that machine had only GBPVR loaded and NOT MVP, which incidentally proves that it works http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif however, of course, the screen saver could not activate as there was no MVP!

The downside is that, in my case, the screen saver only activates when in the main menu and not any listings page, which sort of defeats the intention as in Main menu, My Music stops after the current track.

One other thing noted, may help other newbies is that you must set the Screen Ratio in MVP settings for it to work in GBPVR. I have a 16:9 screen and thought I could only have 4:3 in GBPVR. Sorry if thats ovbious to others. All I have to do now is figure how I can get the skin to cover the whole screen as I get a small rim around the edges probably due to my plasmas resolution or needing a UK size skin.

Comment and help welcome.

Cheers

Alan