PDA

View Full Version : 1.3.11 available

sub
2009-01-16, 12:15 AM
You can download 1.3.11 from http://www.gbpvr.com/GBPVR10311.msi

As with past releases, if you dont already have them, you need to have .net 2.0 or higher installed, as well as the updated Microsoft runtime from http://www.gbpvr.com/vcredist_x86.zip.

If you're upgrading from a previous release, I recommend you backup your gbpvr.db3 and config.xml files just in case anything goes wrong. Post any problem reports in the Support forum.

From the change log

- fixed a couple of problem with multi-record (recordings that could continue recording after they were supposed to stop, and recordings that could try to record on the wrong frequency when there was a back-to-back recording with only a padding overlap)
- fixed a problem with .ts playback on files over 4GB
- fixed a problem that could cause slow half speed audio
- added logic to only try multi-record when no encrypted channels were being recorded with the device
- fixed a problem with metadata or cover art not updating in some situations
- fixed a bug where multiple video/music library directories are defined, and folder.jpg wouldnt be shown in icon view for the top level
- MENU_EJECT_CD key working again
- added popup to warn if no dvd was in the drive
- added new events to let plugins know when startup is complete, and when the app is about to shutdown. This is useful for plugins that own external limited resourses, like LCD displays etc
- fixed problem where .ts file duration reported during playback would vary widely until a good average bitrate could be determined (timeline OSD jumping all over the place until a good way into the file)
- improved .ts playback compatibility with certain audio decoder (MPA, ffdshow etc).
- updated the 'check for renamed recordings' to handle .ts files
- failed recordings are now listed in the 'whats new' section of the Recordings screen. Previously they were only listed in the 'ready' section.
- fixed a PsiParser bug that could cause occasional crashes
- fixed a bug with DVB EPG parsing which could access violation crashes.
- extended the current selection remembering to work with the top level selection when multiple video/music/photo directories have been specified.
- no longer showing the tray icon options to restart the recording service on Vista machines, since permissions wouldnt allow it anyway
- tray icon tuner status popup now compatible with Windows desktops using large fonts
- should no longer need the various "BDASubmitTuningRequestTwicexxxx" config.xml settings set to true. Live preview channel changes are slightly quicker with the
- if you delete the last recording in a group in the recording ready screen, it now returns to the group list, with previous item selected (instead of returning to top of list)
- fixed a problem that could cause some channels to not be found during a channel scan
- fixed a jitter problem that could occur in the last build on the MVP and PCH.
- added a few minor tweaks to slick skin to avoid some text clipping, and to make text more readable
- updated EWA build

mpking
2009-01-16, 03:18 AM

Is there a thread that describes this problem? I've been having some live playback problems on the MVP, and I just haven't gotten around to trying to figure it out.

sub
2009-01-16, 03:19 AM
Is there a thread that describes this problem? I've been having some live playback problems on the MVP, and I just haven't gotten around to trying to figure it out.This related to how the menu items were drawn, not video playback.

gunterhausfrau
2009-01-17, 01:45 AM
I just got a digital TV card (2250) and have been working on adding the stations. In Config/capture sources/edit there is an option to add a station. I try to add one of the subchannels i.e. 10.3 it crashes. If I put in an integer (11) seems to be ok. Not a big deal, but thought you might want to know.

sub
2009-01-17, 01:48 AM
You shouldnt be keying in numbers like that. With a digital capture source, to add channel 10.3, you'd need to hit the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button so that it scans for channels.

johnsonx42
2009-01-17, 05:48 AM
Do backup your config.xml file. My upgrade from 1.3.7 went fine, but my custom aspect ratios got hosed. Fortunately I did backup the config, so copying them back in was a simple matter.

Just a heads up for anyone with non-standard settings in their config.

SLR_65
2009-01-17, 03:13 PM
- if you delete the last recording in a group in the recording ready screen, it now returns to the group list, with previous item selected (instead of returning to top of list)

Thank You Sub!!!! :)

Can't wait to get home and load up the build!

/Steve

ralphy
2009-01-18, 01:43 AM
added new events to let plugins know when startup is complete, and when the app is about to shutdown. This is useful for plugins that own external limited resourses, like LCD displays etc

Thanks sub - looks like there's some updates ahead for ExternalDisplay

mobiusnz
2009-01-19, 06:55 AM
Just to say Sub - nice release - personally my H264 NZ HD is running really smoothly. I was getting stuttering in recordings which "seems" to have gone away with this release (although I'll wait on that as I'm not recording multiple channels often at present). Playback is all running really smoothly - been finding it as reliable as I used to be on Analogue!

Thanks again!

User
2009-01-19, 09:02 AM

Thanks Sub, it was a minor thing on the MVP's but nice to have it fixed.
As always, I appreciate your hard work, great release THANK YOU!

feilh
2009-01-19, 02:27 PM
Does this release fix any incompatibility problems with Vista TV Pack?

sub
2009-01-19, 03:36 PM
Does this release fix any incompatibility problems with Vista TV Pack?No, its not something I've looked into yet.

crlorentzen
2009-01-20, 03:10 AM
sub, Thanks as always for a kick as program.

kirschey
2009-01-20, 08:04 PM
Great release, thanks!

elite
2009-01-20, 09:53 PM
Thanks sub - painless as ever

billss
2009-01-21, 06:48 PM
I just upgraded from 1.3.7, and it went well right away. I didn't even need to restore any settings. Thanks!

jim08127
2009-01-21, 11:48 PM
Just a minor upgrade issue for consideration. It seems that when doing an upgrade installation the custom1 capture settings are overwritten for existing capture devices. Maybe there is a good reason for that I haven't considered? :)

philly_phenom
2009-01-23, 06:38 PM
Awesome!

Thanks sub - just in the nick of time - I recorded "The Perfect Season" which recaps the Phillies World Series run, but couldn't watch it on the PCH - couldn't figure out why, but the upgrade to 1.3.11 fixed it straight up!!

akiller
2009-01-24, 09:18 PM
As always, thanks for the update, it's working great.

no longer showing the tray icon options to restart the recording service on Vista machines, since permissions wouldnt allow it anyway

Is there any chance this can be added back, or made an option? It's probably because I have UAC disabled but it's always worked for me.

sub
2009-01-24, 11:47 PM
no longer showing the tray icon options to restart the recording service on Vista machines, since permissions wouldnt allow it anyway
Is there any chance this can be added back, or made an option? It's probably because I have UAC disabled but it's always worked for me.
Attached is an updated version of the version of GBPVRTray.exe that'll show these options if you add
<HideTrayServiceRestartOnVista>false</HideTrayServiceRestartOnVista> to config.xml.

akiller
2009-01-25, 04:50 PM
Thanks, that works :).

erik
2009-01-26, 03:17 PM
Is the direct.ini still overwritten when installing a new GBPVR version?
I had to add localized pin names for my TV card and recordings will fail if they are removed.

sub
2009-01-26, 03:35 PM
Is the direct.ini still overwritten when installing a new GBPVR version?Yes. GB-PVR makes no attempt to backup any changes you might have made to this file. It only backs up config.xml and gbpvr.db3.

erik
2009-01-26, 04:06 PM
If you're upgrading from a previous release, I recommend you backup your gbpvr.db3 and config.xml files just in case anything goes wrong.

May I suggest you add direct.ini to the list of files to consider for backup :)

sub
2009-01-26, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately I like that file to updated during the release so that users get updated definitions of the capture devices - in case they later add a new device to their machine (generating more support post for card not being recognised).

Its a pity nvidia chose to localise their pin names. I think they're only manufacturer that did this. This makes it hard to justify the time to come up with some elaborate "backup and merge differences" type scheme for this file. There is probably only 2 or 3 users with these nvidia capture cards, and I'm forever short of time. Sorry.

ajst2duk
2009-01-28, 01:03 AM
Thanks sub - must be time to kick some more money in the tin, as again, this is the most used piece of software at home behind itunes and explorer. Great work, really appreciate your efforts.

ajst2duk
2009-01-29, 10:48 PM
Update went smoothly - nice

dakz
2009-01-31, 08:06 PM
Hey guys , i got cable tv , i wanted to see it on my pc so i installed the drivers vor my tv card and downloaded GB-PVR to watch tv on my pc , but when i click the button watch tv nothing is happening!?

sub
2009-01-31, 09:05 PM
Hey guys , i got cable tv , i wanted to see it on my pc so i installed the drivers vor my tv card and downloaded GB-PVR to watch tv on my pc , but when i click the button watch tv nothing is happening!?Thats lacking the detail we'd need to help you out. Its also posted in the wrong place.

Post again in the support forums, with more detail about the capture device you using, and the capture source you setup in the config app, and someone will help you out.

somms
2009-02-02, 08:52 PM
XP NET framework to v3.5 update, Vista TV Pack, Vista SP2, and Windows 7 are all preventing use of GB-PVR it now seems. Is this becoming a doomed app and should I be looking for an alternative since I don't really be stuck running XP w/o updates just to be able to use GB-PVR...

erik
2009-02-02, 09:10 PM
Is this becoming a doomed app and should I be looking for an alternative since I don't really be stuck running XP w/o updates just to be able to use GB-PVR...

This is a VERY good free application and you complain?
You have free choice not to use it.

mikeneron
2009-02-02, 09:14 PM
This is a VERY good free application and you complain?
You have free choice not to use it.

x2

sub
2009-02-02, 09:41 PM
XP NET framework to v3.5 update, Vista TV Pack, Vista SP2, and Windows 7 are all preventing use of GB-PVR it now seems. Is this becoming a doomed app and should I be looking for an alternative since I don't really be stuck running XP w/o updates just to be able to use GB-PVR...I dont understand why you think its a doomed product.

I have the .NET 3.5 updates on this machine without any issues. Neither Vista SP2 or Windows7 are released products. I'll make sure GB-PVR supports them prior to them being offically released.

whurlston
2009-02-02, 11:23 PM
I dont understand why you think its a doomed product.

I have the .NET 3.5 updates on this machine without any issues. Neither Vista SP2 or Windows7 are released products. I'll make sure GB-PVR supports them prior to them being offically released.Not to mention that the TV Pack was never officially released to the public. 1.3.7 is working great on all 3 of my copies of Vista with all the official updates.

mvallevand
2009-02-03, 12:30 AM
I just checked and dotnet 3.5 SP1 has been installed on my Vista machine since last August, and I have had no issues.

Martin

stustunz
2009-02-03, 12:34 AM
when and where is the public stoning taking place
I have just been out and collected my stones
im ready :)

do you think we have scared him off yet

somms
2009-02-03, 08:29 AM
My bad for complaining...understand I really shouldn't but it just seems that GB-PVR doesn't play well with the latest updates.

Just recently hosed my XP machine with the 3.5 net hotfix that automatically downloaded: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=40516

Also, had to reinstall Vista earlier after installing SP2...yeah this was a beta so hopefully it works w/final...

Don't really experience these problems on other apps...seems like latest hotfixes are just bad news for GB-PVR. To the point now where I have currently shut off automatic updates...hopefully things just settle down and they leave GB-PVR functionality alone. Thanks For the Wonderful HDTV viewer!:D

pBS
2009-02-03, 10:56 PM
To the point now where I have currently shut off automatic updates...

good move...hotfixes aren't tested against eachother, or even w/service packs..
i find usually best to just hand pick the updates you need, rather than take them all..
if it ain't broke, don't fix it...:D

feniks
2009-02-05, 04:58 AM
thanks sub!

it seem this new version will fix at least 2 bugs for me (both OS/vista related).
I have a question though. when upgrading with former versions I recall using option like "upgrade" that was installing over (upgrading) all the stuff quite easily, however with this new one I see options like "modify/repair/uninstall" when performing upgrade from 1.3.7
Which option should I choose to make it most seamless? or perhaps i should first uninstall and then install fresh one, just copy config.xml?

mpking
2009-02-05, 04:36 PM
You'd want more than your config.xml. You'd want your database as well.

I'm going to wait for sub to chime in on this one, but you shouldn't be getting the "modify/repair/unistall" page.

That is only when Windows Installer detects the program is already installed.

sub
2009-02-05, 04:40 PM
I have a question though. when upgrading with former versions I recall using option like "upgrade" that was installing over (upgrading) all the stuff quite easily, however with this new one I see options like "modify/repair/uninstall" when performing upgrade from 1.3.7That sounds like you're trying to run the same version installer as you've already got installed.

feniks
2009-02-06, 01:47 AM
ok, guys you were right. I AM running 1.3.11 (that's what config says now), but to my honest surprise I have truly never installed that one. Last upgrade I performed was only 1.3.7 some time ago lol. perhaps i'm going crazy, or my machine is playing some dirty tricks on me... should i reinstall it you think?

feniks
2009-02-06, 01:53 AM
ok, i feel so dumb now.
i found the installer of 1.3.11 already on my hdd in another folder, so i had to upgrade to it some time earlier lol, just didn't remember it...
sorry for trouble, it means i'm going crazy lol...

feniks
2009-02-06, 01:58 AM
the reason i wanted to upgrade again was this:
- no longer showing the tray icon options to restart the recording service on Vista machines, since permissions wouldnt allow it anyway

apparently i'm running 1.3.11, but i still got no option to restart recording service in tray (i had it with some older version though).

sub
2009-02-06, 02:37 AM
the reason i wanted to upgrade again was this:

apparently i'm running 1.3.11, but i still got no option to restart recording service in tray (i had it with some older version though).Re-read it carefully, thats what its saying - no longer showing the option to restart the recording service.

feniks
2009-02-06, 02:51 AM
huh, now it's clear lol. well it was working fine for me on previous versions (Vista UAC turned off). anyways thanks man for helping me out.

on the side i have to say this 1.3.11 version runs much better for me than 1.3.7, keep up the good work sub! GB-PVR is my favorite PVR. I'm glad one dude long time ago pointed me out to in this direction. have a good nigh (or day whatever the time is in your time zone).

cheers.

mian
2009-02-08, 05:20 PM
FYI, on the Digital Channel Mapping window when it's scanning for channels, it says "Please be patient -- scanning for digital channels. This can take while." Unless that's some example of the Queen's (or the Kiwi's) English that yanks abandoned, it should read "This can take a while."

I don't care, but I thought you might like to know in case it was a typo.

sub
2009-02-08, 05:30 PM
FYI, on the Digital Channel Mapping window when it's scanning for channels, it says "Please be patient -- scanning for digital channels. This can take while." Unless that's some example of the Queen's (or the Kiwi's) English that yanks abandoned, it should read "This can take a while."

I don't care, but I thought you might like to know in case it was a typo.lol :D

I'll fix it for the next release.

JohnInSJ
2009-03-01, 03:18 PM
Just my usual month late to the party report that upgrading to 1.3.11 went smooth as silk for me, applying the patches in the support thread, and with a little fiddling with configs looks like the multi-ts record mojo is working as well. This is very handy as Comcast in my area recently moved their basic tier digitals to clear qam. That, plus my recent move to the 52" 1080p lcd, and its all *very* good.

XP/core2 duo shuttle/2gb/1tb/HD-PVR1600

Thanks a bazillion times over for GBPVR. I use boxee (interesting, but not a PVR), I've tried and given up on tivo, and don't even get me started on the comcast PVRs. There is noting like GBPVR.

philly_phenom
2009-03-04, 01:47 PM
This is very handy as Comcast in my area recently moved their basic tier digitals to clear qam.

Wow - where do you live? I only get the locals in clear QAM here.

JohnInSJ
2009-03-10, 02:31 PM
Actually, I have to amend my post. I had to back off 1.3.11, every recording failed. I was not able to use the digital channel mapping tool, it too crashed. I think that's why.

*every* comcast market where they are dropping their analogs and giving away DTAs will end up with most of the basics in the clear it seems. I'm pretty sure they're trying to move everyone there as it frees up a ton of bandwidth for HD channels.

San Jose just had this happen in the last month or so.

sub
2009-03-10, 04:24 PM
Actually, I have to amend my post. I had to back off 1.3.11, every recording failed. I was not able to use the digital channel mapping tool, it too crashed. I think that's why.Reproduce the problem and post the logs in the support forum and I'll take a look.

kiwsa
2009-03-11, 04:39 PM
- MENU_EJECT_CD key working again

Thanks Sub the one on my drive doesn't work so it's nice to get this back for those AVI filled dvdr disks and of course my DVD collection!

JohnInSJ
2009-03-22, 04:43 PM
Reproduce the problem and post the logs in the support forum and I'll take a look.

Yeah... if only I had the time. Next time I try it, I'll send in logs.

scrnmker42
2009-03-26, 09:21 AM
I keep getting a temporary internet file error and I have deleted the file but it keeps coming up when I try to install or repair.

Dave

JavaWiz
2009-05-02, 01:52 AM
Activating thread so it shows up in forum list...

lamiral
2009-05-02, 11:05 AM
I've installed GBPVR for the first time. Installation went fine, but whenI try to start PVRX2, I get an error message from Microsoft .NET Framework (an exception has occured...)
I've installed .NET Framework 3.5, but still the same issue. I've also tried to remove prior versions of .NET, no sucess.
Any suggestion where I should look at?

sub
2009-05-02, 11:20 AM
Create a new post in the support forum, and zip and atach the logs directory.

infomercialscam
2009-05-07, 10:05 AM
Hello Friends,

I got a digital TV card and have been working on adding the stations. In Config/capture sources/edit there is an option to add a station. I try to add one of the subchannels i.e. 10.3 it crashes. If I put in an integer (11) seems to be ok. Not a big deal, but thought you might want to know.
You should not be keying in numbers like that. With a digital capture source, to add channel 10.3, you'd need to hit the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button so that it scans for channels.

@ndres
2009-05-18, 01:13 PM
This software crash/block my system!!!

My PC:

MainBoard: Intel Desktop Board DG965WH
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40 GHz
CPU Heatsink: Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Black Edition
RAM Memory: 4 GB Kingston DDR2 PC2-5300 @ 667 MHz
Hard Disk Drive: [(3 x 160 GB) + (250 GB) + (2 x 500 GB)] SerialATA
TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 MCK
Optical Drive: LG GSA-H55L (DVD-DL + LightScribe + SecurDisc)
PSU: Thermaltake PurePower 600W
Cooling: (3 x Thermaltake Highest Performance Fan 120 mm) + (5 x Thermaltake ThunderBlade Fan 120 mm)
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 940BW LCD 19" WideScreen
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 v5.10 Build 3300
VMware: Windows XP SP3 + Linux CentOS 5.2 + Unix Solaris 10 + Apple Mac OS X 10.52 Leopard

McBainUK
2009-05-18, 01:23 PM
Going to need more info than that! When installing, run running?

@ndres
2009-05-18, 01:32 PM
Going to need more info than that! When installing, run running?

Hello... After installation, I ran TuningAssistant.exe and then I chose TV Card + Country + Cable..... And then PC crashed!!!

Thank you for your help!!!

sub
2009-05-18, 05:49 PM
Sounds like buggy drivers for whatever device you're using.

Dont continue this discussion here though. If you want to follow up, create a new thread in the support forum.

mmatheny
2009-06-04, 07:30 PM
Wow - where do you live? I only get the locals in clear QAM here.
Houston also has the analogs in clear QAM also, but only the locals in HD clear QAM.

keith_leitch
2009-06-13, 11:52 PM
You can download 1.3.11 from http://www.gbpvr.com/GBPVR10311.msi

From the change log

- added popup to warn if no dvd was in the drive

[/SIZE]

Is there any way for users to send their own text through to add their own such popups?

sub
2009-06-14, 02:11 AM
Is there any way for users to send their own text through to add their own such popups?Sorry, no there isnt.

mvallevand
2009-08-01, 01:59 PM
Bumped, to make it easier to find.

Martin