PDA

View Full Version : wintv-pvr 150 wont change channels

sut
2008-12-21, 05:51 PM
Hi all I have a problem with my Hauppauge pvr 150 all I get is channel 7 (and its a poor picture) on all of the channels. In trying to fix this problem I went to their web sight and downloaded the newest drivers (hauppauge_cd_3.4d1) followed all of the instructions on installing them and still no other channels besides CH 7 (rescanned for the channels ) I checked the cable with a tv and it was able to get all of the channels real good.Any input would be appreciated Has the card up and died ? thx

sub
2008-12-21, 06:09 PM
If you run the tuning assistant, do you see your channels?

sut
2008-12-21, 09:12 PM
Nope just ch 7

sub
2008-12-21, 09:26 PM
Sounds like something screwy with your drivers or device then, rather than a GB-PVR configuration problem (Tuning Assistant is entirely separate from GB-PVR and uses none of its settings).

Sorry, I dont know what the cause would be.

sut
2008-12-21, 09:42 PM
Thx for the reply I am afraid its time for a new card any suggestions , I am using a P4 3.1 mzh with windows XP I would like to record multiple channels also

sub
2008-12-21, 09:47 PM
Given you're getting something out of the device, its probably not the device itself, but more like something screwy with your drivers or Windows install (tuning tables etc).

sut
2008-12-21, 10:38 PM
Yep something has gone amuck ! I have been using this card for sometime now without any trouble. I use it to record TV that I will watch when all the re runs start. I don't check on the recording status everyday in fact I wouldn't have noticed that Its only recording ch 7 no matter what channel I have it set to record, But I had recorded something that I wanted to watch today but it was not there just that CH 7 and that's not the channel set to record on I will do some more investigating and if I figure it out I will get back to you thx

sut
2008-12-22, 10:37 PM
Well its working again !! I called tech. today and told them what was going on and they said that they have not run into the problem . But as a suggestion he said to try taking out the card and leaving it out for a bit, he said the tuner might be stuck! Hum m!! and may be it would reset it's self ! Hum m so that's what I did and sure enough its back to working. (also I thumped the tuner a few times with my finger ) Now I had the card out yesterday and looked at the contacts, thinking it might be that but it didn't help. So your guess is as good as mine to what went wrong ! Thx again for the help