View Full Version : How does it decide if a title is a match with IMDB?

2008-09-02, 11:29 PM
I've been playing with the plugin a little and trying to rename files so as I get a better hit ratio with IMDB. It seems that the look up is case sensitive, with "casino royale (2006)" not getting a hit but "Casino Royale (2006)" getting one. Strangely I can never get a hit with "The Matrix (1999)" even though it seems to be an exact match for the first alternative.

I'll change my files so they are correctly capitalised, but does it need to be this strict? could "casino royale (2006)" not be a match. Please :).

Also I am getting the crash when either I am importing or when looking up images manually the exception is below. I continued. logs attached.


See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.. ---> System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods.OSSOCK.recv(IntP tr socketHandle, Byte* pinnedBuffer, Int32 len, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, SocketError& errorCode)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd()
at WizUtilities.WizWebHelper.HttpImageGrabber.Process HttpRequest(String targetURL)
at WizUtilities.WizWebHelper.HttpImageGrabber.process YahooRequest(String targetURL, String title)
at WizUtilities.WizWebHelper.HttpImageGrabber.process TitleRequest(ImageSource target, String title)
at WizUtilities.WizWebHelper.WizThumbnail.getShowImag eHandle(String videoLoc, String title, ImageSource src)
at WizUtilities.WizWebHelper.WizThumbnail.getShowImag eHandle(String videoLoc, String title, String imageSourceDescription)
at WizUtilities.WizWebHelper.WizThumbnail.getShowImag eHandle(String videoLoc, String title, String[] sources)
at WizPlugin.MovieWizConfigForm.tsbLookupImage_Click( Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(Event Args e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2008-09-03, 03:20 AM
If you attempt to lookup on IMDB directly (www.imdb.com (http://www.imdb.com)), you will see that 'casino royale (2006)' does in fact return different results than 'Casino Royale (2006)'.

That said, I've made a version that attempts to ignore case if an exact match is not made. Try copying the attached WizWebHelper.DLL to Plugins/common directory. You will have to shutdown PVRX2 AND the Recording Service to successfully make the switch.

I'm hesitant to release this version until further testing is done in case there are side-effects to this change that are not readily apparent.

As to your crash on the image lookup, I cannot seem to recreate. Please provide information as to exactly what you are doing (ie what title, what function,...) when it crashes, and provide the log files so I can attempt to determine the cause.

2008-09-03, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the update JavaWiz.

If there are actually differences from the search with and without capitalisation then maybe changing the library isn't the way forward. I'll change my code tonight so that the generated titles are capitalised in the expected way. I'll test with the new version if you like, but if you are not comfortable with the changes and are concerned about the knock ons, then maybe its not a great idea. I'll test a little tonight and give you some feedback. If the changes to the capitalisation of the titles gives me as good results then the changes are probably not worth it.

As for the crash, I did attach logs and it is not consistently reproducible but happened quite regularly when trying to redo a full import or when trying to do
image lookup for missing images after changing the title after an import. It happend a few time trying to look up the image for 'The Matrix (1999)' yesterday, but seems ok on that today. Not very helpful I know. If there are other logs that you need let me know and I'll attach them. If I clicked continue on the exception notice then cancel on the import form, I am able to click import again and it seems to carry on from where it was.

Thanks for you time.