PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to PCH - No Sound on TV1 or 2

mruane
2008-07-01, 10:28 AM
I have finally got my PCH to receive a stream from the latest version of GBPVR using the "TS MUX" option (from a DVB-S signal), however I cannot get any sound at all from TV1 or TV2. I get sound from TV3, C4 and the remaining channels and I get sound on all channels if I use the MPG Cyberlink mux.

There is nothing in the logs that I can see that indicates an error during the streaming so I am wondering if the issue that Sub referred to in another thread regarding TS audio streams being misidentified is the source of my problem also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Mike

mvallevand
2008-07-01, 12:25 PM
Hi the easy solution is to hit the audio key on the remote to see if there is another channel in the stream. If that doesn't work I would install these patches to 1.2.13 which might help with TS playing

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=283965&postcount=90
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=283203&postcount=12
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=284773&postcount=18
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=291821&postcount=9

If that doesn't work I'd suggest trying the program found "Transportstream for NetworkPlayer" TSNP http://www.hdd-player.de/syabas/showthread.php?tid=2285 which fixes TS files that are bad because they contain incorrect stream information.

Martin

mruane
2008-07-01, 09:27 PM
Thanks Martin, appreciate the help. I have tried the Audio key on the remote but none of the selections work. I will review the patches you linked to and see how I get on.

Oh and thanks for your excellent work on the NMT device Martin. The TV picture quality from GBPVR through the NMT is spot on.

Cheers Mike

mvallevand
2008-07-01, 09:49 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned picture quality, even on the NMT forums this gets overlooked way too much.

Martin

psycik
2008-07-01, 10:25 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned picture quality, even on the NMT forums this gets overlooked way too much.

Martin

I think so as well, I find the PQ much better on the PCH over my TV out. Admittedly my video card is not an expensive one, but then again neither is the PCH....

I have these same issues, so am watching mruane for resolution - being that we both have the same feed, and I think same capture cards.

mruane
2008-07-02, 05:50 AM
Martin,

I tried all of the patches you linked to but none of them corrected the problem. I have not tried the utility to correct the TS files - that isn't really what I am lookiing for.

So, I guess my question is this: does no-one who uses NMT use the TS-MUX for their DVB-S material? If not, then I am happy to use a Cyberlink mux, but if TS-MUX is working for others, perhaps I am missing something. Whats worse is that it works just fine for all but two of the channels I watch!

Cheers Mike

sub
2008-07-02, 06:06 AM
I'm a bit short on time to test it at the moment, but if you bump the thread in a couple of days I'll try the PCH+TSMux+FreeviewDVBS+TV1/TV2 combination to see what happens.

mvallevand
2008-07-02, 11:40 AM
The reason for asking you to check with TS4NP was to see of there was a correctable problem in the TS itself and it wasn't a permanent solution. The PCH is particular about the TS flags. In 1.2.9 I had a similar situation that was corrected in 1.2.13

Also could you compress and upload you GBPVRRecordingService.exe-native logs. I'm looking to see if the GB-PVR TS Mon filter is being used.

Martin

mruane
2008-07-03, 10:21 AM
Ah ok Martin. I will get the utility and try it out and let you know the outcome.

Sub: Thanks for the response.

Cheers Mike

mruane
2008-07-03, 10:38 AM
Martin,

I saved a small piece of "Wheel of Fortune" as a TS file then open that with TS4NP. It reported one MPEG2 Audio Stream #141 and one MPEG2 Video Stream #3.

After running TS4NP the audio appears on the NMT just fine. So remuxing is fixing the problem.

I have attached the requested log file - and I do see GB-PVR TS-Mon recorded (in addition to Cyberlink mux). Hope this helps (and that the file does get attached).

Check next page for the log file Martin...

After remuxing with TS4NP the contents where reported as MPEG2 Audio Stream # 0 and MPEG2 Video Stream # 17 and that was playable with audio on the NMT.

Cheers Mike

mruane
2008-07-03, 10:48 AM
Looks like the attachment failed - trying again...

mvallevand
2008-07-03, 11:45 AM
I am a bit confused because the capture files shows you recording a Cyberlink muxed file which you said worked anyway. Also this might be relevant

"FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: GB-PVR PSI Parser" you might need to run re-register filters

Martin

mruane
2008-07-03, 09:02 PM
Ok, reregistering the filters is worth a try. I have been swapping between the Cyberlink mux and TS-MUX lately, so that is probably why there are references to both in the log. The Cyberlink mux works just fine for all channels so I have been using that quite a bit - however I would prefer to use the TS mux option.

Let me try reregistering the filters and I will report progress.

PS Thanks for spending the time reviewing the log.

Cheers Mike

mruane
2008-07-04, 07:10 AM
Martin,

I tried reinstalling the filters but it did not fix the problem - alas. So there must be something "odd" about the TV1 and TV2 transport streams in so far as my setup is concerned - or the way GB handles them.

Hopefully Sub can get a chance to look at it when he surfaces for air :-)))

Cheers Mike

mruane
2008-07-06, 01:38 AM
I have done some further research. I am sure now that the inability to play audio from the TV1 and TV2 .TS files is actually in the NMT itself rather than the MVPMCX2 module or GBPVR.

I have created .TS recordings using GBPVR and another media system and the NMT will not play the audio from either - even using its own Popcorn Hour user interface or MyiHome Server. Once I have transcoded the file using TS4NP the files play correctly through GBPVR/MVPMCX2 and also the standard user interface, so I am sure I am looking at a native NMT issue.

So, other than trying to transcode on the fly, there is probably nothing that can be done here to resolve this.

Cheers Mike

stustunz
2008-07-06, 01:50 AM
i thought i read that the popcorn hour couldnt play aac audio
hence the reason tv1 and tv2 wont play but tv3 you can select ac3

oops i think i didnt read properly is this from dvb-t or dvb-s

mruane
2008-07-06, 02:31 AM
Sorry Stustunz, these recordings are all from DVB-S not DVB-T. So they are MPEG2 based.

Cheers Mike

mvallevand
2008-07-06, 02:38 AM
It's possible sub can find something when he has a chance to look (listen?). As I mentioned earlier I had the same problem with an ATSC stream that was fixed in 1.2.13.

Martin

mruane
2008-07-06, 10:31 AM
Thanks Martin.

Actually - not wanting to give up on this, I have just completed a recording of TV1 using DVBViewer (forgive the mention of a non GBPVR system) and that produced a TS recording that was playable on the NMT with audio. So there is hope yet. I can use that to capture the recordings and GB/MVPMCX2 to look after the playback.

That's a workable option in the interim.

Cheers Mike

sub
2008-07-06, 10:20 PM
Thanks Martin.

Actually - not wanting to give up on this, I have just completed a recording of TV1 using DVBViewer (forgive the mention of a non GBPVR system) and that produced a TS recording that was playable on the NMT with audio. So there is hope yet. I can use that to capture the recordings and GB/MVPMCX2 to look after the playback.

That's a workable option in the interim.

Cheers MikeIf you've got access toa webserver and can make available a short DVBViewer recording (5 or so seconds would be enough), then I'm happy to look into the difference for you.

mruane
2008-07-06, 10:55 PM
Sure sub, no problem. I will create a small TS file with DVBViewer and get in touch with you.

Cheers Mike

mruane
2008-07-07, 06:19 AM
Sub, just sent you a PM regarding a sample TS file.

Cheers Mike

psycik
2008-07-19, 11:51 PM
Hi sub/Martin.

I'm having the same problem as mruane. Here are some logs and I've got a 26mb recording I can make available as well.

So included is logs from before the patches martin mentioned in about post 3 or 4 of this thread. Then recording logs from afterwards. These recordings are from TV 2 - on the DVB-S Tuner of an HVR3000.

I get sound when in VLC, and on the server. When looking at the properties in vlc however i see Stream 0 is video, Stream 1 is subtitles (telx) and stream 2 is the Audio.

In the popcorn hitting the Audio button only gives the Mono left, mono right etc options, and there is only one MPEG2 audio track showing.

Let me know if you want the recording as well (the after recording) I'll I'll post link.

mvallevand
2008-07-20, 12:25 AM
psycik, I can't tell from your message but did TS4NP fix the problem?

There is also another one for the NMT TS-Doctor which produces a log of the changes which might be helpful

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/viewtopic.php?t=5890

The reason I am asking is I am look for TS samples that the utilities don't fix for Syabas, since the utilities solve most of the problems I have come across.

Martin

psycik
2008-07-20, 12:32 AM
Sorry, Martin, I didn't try with the ts4np. I'm guessing that if mruane had success then i would to, considering we have the same dvb-s streams and same cards.

Would be interesting to know if sub has the dvb-s going to the popcorn, although I don't know what dvb-s card (if any) he uses.

psycik
2008-07-20, 12:35 AM
And actually I couldn't get the ts-doctor to run, just starts then stops on this system.

psycik
2008-07-20, 12:43 AM
Ok, just ran the ts4np and yes it works. Looking at the file in VLC I can see the differences.

The Audio track moves from stream 2 to 0
Video tracks moves from 0 to 1
and the subtitle, telx track goes away completely.

sub
2008-07-20, 12:48 AM
Would be interesting to know if sub has the dvb-s going to the popcorn, although I don't know what dvb-s card (if any) he uses.I was able to reproduce the problem when I tried with the TS Mux. I normally use the Cyberlink mux though, which produces .mpg files, and hasnt been a problem.

I had a really good look at it at the time, but couldnt find the cause. I sent off a sample to Syabas, and they seemed to think it was to do with the stream reporting the audio as MPEG1 Layer2, but actually being MPEG2 audio (or the other way round - cant remember), and claimed it played it fine on the PCH when they forced it to treat it as MPEG2 audio. I havnt dont anything with that info though - I could try to rewrite the headers in the broadcast stream to correct the audio type, but it seemed like a lot of work and I didnt have the time available at the moment.

mruane
2008-07-20, 12:48 AM
Just to add to Pyscik's comments, TS4NP also worked for me with the same results. The streams get moved around as Pyscik indicates and the TS file is playable with audio in the PCH. However LiveTV does not play audio on TV1 or TV2. TV3 plays fine though.

Sub: The only reason that I do not use MPG in LiveTV is that though the PCH, I get frequent restarting of the timeshift mpg file which results in the re-playback of LiveTV. Its difficult to explain, but when watching live tv, after about four to five minutes, the segment just replays itself. So I was hoping that the TS MUX would be more stable.

Cheers Mike

psycik
2008-07-20, 12:53 AM
does sound like a bit of work, how does gbpvr sort is out those so it knows to grab the correct audio stream?

sub
2008-07-20, 12:59 AM
does sound like a bit of work, how does gbpvr sort is out those so it knows to grab the correct audio stream?Recording TS files GB-PVR records all the streams that are associated with that channel, including all the stream metadata which identifies which streams are there, and the type of content they carry. The way GB-PVR does this recording you end up with a bit for bit copy of the data that was in the original stream, including any misreported media types etc.

Playback isnt a problem in GB-PVR. The same audio decoders will happily take care of both types of audio. The PCH seems to be more picky on this front.

psycik
2008-07-20, 01:08 AM
ok, so it looks like mruane, needs to figure out why his cyberlink mux isn't working properly.... since I use that also with no issues.

sub
2008-07-20, 01:10 AM
No, I think he is also ok with the Cyberlink mux:

I get sound on all channels if I use the MPG Cyberlink mux.

mruane
2008-07-20, 01:30 AM
Pyscik, yes my Cyberlink mux works with audio - the problem is that playback is unstable using Cyberlink i.e. repeating segments.

As Sub indicates though, the TS Mux works fine with GBPVR NZ TV1 and TV2 on a PC just not in the PCH. I guess anyone using the PCH with the TS-MUX option would also have a problem with NZ TV1 and TV2 channels.

Frustrating because the picture quality on the PCH is outstanding!!!

Cheers Mike

mvallevand
2008-07-20, 02:37 AM
If Syabas provide me the information I need, I plan on using mvpmc's mpeg ts to ps mux while Syabas work this out.

Martin

mruane
2008-07-20, 06:25 AM
Ok, well lets hope that they come up with some answers for you (and us) Martin.

Best of luck...

Cheers Mike

mruane
2008-08-24, 09:32 AM
As a final update to this thread, I installed the 01-17-080812-15-POP-402 firmware update onto my PCH and I can now receive both audio and video on LiveTV for all channels (via DVB-S sources) with the TS-MUX option so the audio problems that I started the thread with now appear to be resolved.

Cheers Mike

mvallevand
2008-08-24, 02:37 PM
Excellent news, it shows the need for samples for others with the sound problems because the beta team has started gathering them.

Martin