PDA

View Full Version : PowerDVD codec

ibweasel
2004-03-08, 08:06 PM
I am using the PowerDVD codec for playback in GBPVR. It will not work with VMR9 or VMR7, so I am using Overlay. When in overlay, it displays a black screen when the controls are being overlayed. When in PowerDVD, there are no overlay problems what so ever. What am I doing wrong?

sub
2004-03-09, 06:59 AM
From memory the PowerDVD "Cyberlink" decoder is not compatible with VMR. What type of video card are you using? If have you tried updated video card drivers?

Do you see the controls being overlaid with the rest of the screen black, or is the whole screen black (no controls visible)? GB-PVR effectively ask the video driver "what the color can I use to represent transparent?", then paint the background with that color - then add the bits that should be visible. It sounds like your video card is reporting a transparent color which isnt transparent. Sorry for the technical explanation, I dont have a work around.

ibweasel
2004-03-09, 08:24 PM
It's a Radeon 7000. I have the up to date drivers as well. It is displaying the controls with the rest of the picture being black.

I'd use the Hauppauge decoder (Intervideo), but the playback is jittery with the OSD.

PowerDVD and the ATI MultiMediaCenter do overlays just dandy, but it would be awesome to play back my recordings right in GBPVR.

Thanks,
Paul

sub
2004-03-09, 08:46 PM
Does the OSD work correctly when you do try the Intervideo decoder?

ibweasel
2004-03-11, 03:34 AM
When I use the Intervideo codec with overlay, the overlay is not displayed. Another side effect is that I cannot exit playing the video when using that configuration. I switch to VMR9 with the Intervideo codec and it works, but the OSD causes "jerky" motion in the video with the counter/timer increments.

Thanks,
Paul