PDA

View Full Version : mount mounting xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

hakras
2008-06-15, 06:48 AM
I am trying to get GBPVR on my PCH. When I attempt to run telnet from the PCH, I get a white screen that says "mount mounting xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". The x's are the ip address of my gateway. My gateway address is static .1, my gbpvr server is static .10, and my PCH is static .100. If I try to go back and try to run it again, I get "mkdir cannot create directory". I think that's because you can only run telnet once, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

wbree
2008-06-15, 10:42 AM
I've the same problem when I moved GB-PVR to another PC. I think It has something to do with permissions on that PC.
By the way the IP adres you mentioned is not of that of the gateway but should be the IP adres of the server.

hakras
2008-06-15, 12:54 PM
I was just thinking about the IP address. I think it is saying .1 because it only displays a certain number of characters and the 0 in .10 is cut off. So the mount mounting error is a permisssions issue?

mvallevand
2008-06-15, 03:18 PM
hakras, the message that you are missing would likely be

mount: mounting \\xx.xx.xx.xx\mvpmc on /etc/mvpmc failed

(the content-length is too short to show the rest and it could break before the zero)

Since you can log onto the share with the PCH to start the script the problem is probably the -o username=root,rw issue, (rw might need to be ro if that is how you configure the share)

You are right, the cannot mkdir is just because you are running it a second time.

Martin

hakras
2008-06-15, 08:53 PM
I got that part resolved. I went into AD and gave the Popcorn user account full rights to the share. I was able to get to it, but not modify :rolleyes:

Now, I can get into GBPVR. I have a problem. The screen is small and displaying 4:3. I tried to make it go to 16:9 in settings, but it won't let me select OK. It only lets me select Cancel. Do I need to reapply the HD patch? I did it before upgrading to the newest version of GBPVR. I guess it may have overwritten the change.

mvallevand
2008-06-15, 09:11 PM
Compress and upload your GBPVR logs and config.xml and I will have a look.

Note that aspect ratio is not controlled by mvpmcx2 or GBPVR however they both focus resolution.

Martin

hakras
2008-06-15, 10:24 PM
Everything is in the zip. Thanks

mvallevand
2008-06-15, 10:48 PM
Ok, GBPVR doesn't recognize that you are a PCH because <MAC-...> section
is not in the <MVPSpecificSettings> section. In thinking about this it isn't really "MVP Specific" anymore but that is historical.

Martin

hakras
2008-06-16, 02:55 AM
That did the trick. Thank you

Two quick questions:

1. Is there a way to hide some of the options on the PCH? I want to hide the settings, system, and probably some other items.

2. Once I'm in GBPVR, is there a way to get back to Source on the PCH?

mvallevand
2008-06-16, 02:59 AM
Yes,

1. Turn off some menu options in the config program on the plugins tab.

2. Power off will take you back to the PCH.

Martin

hakras
2008-06-16, 03:30 AM
Yes,

1. Turn off some menu options in the config program on the plugins tab.

2. Power off will take you back to the PCH.

Martin

Thanks for your help. I'll mess with the config and see if I can get some of that stuff off. Thanks