PDA

View Full Version : webradio/webstreams on pch question

ryanmc
2008-05-14, 11:24 PM
i dont know if you use a popcorn hour but il ask anyway. i was using webstreams on pc and mvp no problem now i have a popcorn hour and if i use nmt gui webstreams plays fine, if i use no nmt gui playback stops after some seconds. webradio plays fine with no nmt gui im thinking maybe they play fine because the timers set in webradio i have are at 15000 and webstreams can only go as high as 10000 if this is the trouble is there anyway i can set webstreams to 15000? im happy just using webradio if i cant get webstreams working but if i can only do it with webradio is there a way to set the favorites view to icons ? a little confusing i know

mvallevand
2008-05-14, 11:32 PM
ryanmc, do you mean the --no-nmt-gui command line option? If so the fact that audio cuts out over HDMI is a know limitation.

Martin

ryanmc
2008-05-14, 11:45 PM
yes i do but it doesnt stop with web radio only with web streams its odd and the only thing i see different is the buffer settings webradio being able to go up to 15000 and webstreams only can go to 10000. also i have same trouble if i use composite and analog with no hdmi

mvallevand
2008-05-14, 11:52 PM
Are you using HDMI audio though?

Martin

ryanmc
2008-05-14, 11:56 PM
Are you using HDMI audio though?

Martin

i do leave it on hdmi audio but i did try both though and just tried again turned off hdmi audio usd composite video and analog audio and web streams stopped after few seconds

mvallevand
2008-05-15, 12:05 AM
You've probably just been lucky on web radio. The problem isn't the buffers the NMT is going to buffer at least 500 Kb no matter what I've tried.

Martin.

ryanmc
2008-05-15, 12:18 AM
i dont really know much about web streams or web radio but i think the buffers are for the incoming stream thats being fed to vlc and then the stream/file that vlc feeds to mvp/pch their 15000 ms though not size(i think). anyway im just happy to be able to listen to sirius on the pch. i really appreciate all the work youve done for the mvp and the pch very nice.thanks