PDA

View Full Version : GB-PVR on PCH Black Screen

dragonlord76
2008-04-17, 05:15 PM
Hi guys, I am trying to setup GB-PVR on my PCH and I am able to Telnet to my computer successfully. But when I try to run GB-PVR, I get blank screen and seem like my PCH hang because I have to unplug power to get it working again. MY PCH currently has the latest firmware 01-15-080330-14-POP-402 and GB-PVR is 1.29. I also did apply the patch and added

<MAC-0006DC41DF9A>
<MVPClientType>PCH</MVPClientType>
<MVPWidth>1280</MVPWidth>
<MVPHeight>720</MVPHeight>
<MVPOffsetX>0</MVPOffsetX>
<MVPOffsetY>0</MVPOffsetY>
<MVPSendIncrementalUpdates>true</MVPSendIncrementalUpdates>
</MAC-0006DC41DF9A>

under section <MVPSpecificSettings> with MAC change.....(there are other stuff under that section as well, am I adding in the right place?).

Pretty much I follow the instructions at http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33790

but getting black screen...Please help!!! Thanks

sub
2008-04-17, 05:19 PM
Its probably worth trying to follow through these steps from another user that had the same problem: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=34736

Basically, we want to try manually running mvpmcx2 from telnet so we can see the output and any errors. I suspect you'll find one of those other command lines will get it running though, so try them first.

dragonlord76
2008-04-17, 05:37 PM
Its probably worth trying to follow through these steps from another user that had the same problem: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=34736

Basically, we want to try manually running mvpmcx2 from telnet so we can see the output and any errors. I suspect you'll find one of those other command lines will get it running though, so try them first.

I did read that thread, but I am confuse to where to apply those commnd -m 1080...etc. I know I need to telnet but within PCH or where?

sub
2008-04-17, 05:38 PM
I did read that thread, but I am confuse to where to apply those commnd -m 1080...etc. I know I need to telnet but within PCH or where?Basically you need to use a telnet client (like putty http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe) to connect to the PCH. When you start putty, set the connection type to 'telnet', then type in the ip address of your PCH, then press connect.

Change to the correct directory by typing:

cd /etc/mvpmv
Then try manually running each of the command lines you want to test. For example:

./mvpmcx2 -m 1080

dragonlord76
2008-04-17, 06:01 PM
I am at work right now, I will try when I get home. I hope I am not asking too much question, but I want to get all my questions answer and try them all when I get home so I don't have to wait for answer.

if the command -m 1080 works, do I have to add or change in the file?

sub
2008-04-17, 06:07 PM
I am at work right now, I will try when I get home. I hope I am not asking too much question, but I want to get all my questions answer and try them all when I get home so I don't have to wait for answer.No worries - I'm very aware that its complicated to get it running.

if the command -m 1080 works, do I have to add or change in the file?If it works, you'll end up editing the 'startmeup' file to set that as the default command line supplied to mvpmcx2.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

dragonlord76
2008-04-17, 06:32 PM
Thanks...assuming -m1080 works so....

startmeup from

#echo "Shell to mvpmcx2 "

#remove the # from most appropriate line

# Analog TV settings

#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m ntsc &
#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m pal &

# HDMI/DVI settings

#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m 720 &
#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m 720 --frequency 50 &

TO THIS

#echo "Shell to mvpmcx2 "

#remove the # from most appropriate line

# HDMI/DVI settings

/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m 1080 &

...since I only use on my Sony LCD HDTV, I remove the rest is that ok? and I have to successful telnet from PCH to my computer 1st before I run telnet command from my comp to PCH right?

sub
2008-04-17, 06:50 PM
Yep, something like that.

1st before I run telnet command from my comp to PCH right?Yes, though that can be simplified out of the equation later.

dragonlord76
2008-04-17, 06:57 PM
K, I will try when I get home and let you know. Thanks

dragonlord76
2008-04-18, 08:08 PM
Works great!!!...currently I am using -m 1080. One thing happen while I use photos slideshow, the GB-PVR completely shutdown and kick me back to PCH menu, I have to restart service and PCH but play movies over 3 hours with no problem at all. Any idea?

sub
2008-04-18, 08:14 PM
Works great!!!...currently I am using -m 1080. Great.

One thing happen while I use photos slideshow, the GB-PVR completely shutdown and kick me back to PCH menu, I have to restart service and PCH but play movies over 3 hours with no problem at all. Any idea?
Nothing springs to mind. You'd probably have to zip and attach the logs next time it happens.