PDA

View Full Version : MovieWiz v1.0.15.3 Released

JavaWiz
2008-04-16, 01:25 AM
Mostly a bug fix release, but there are a few new features.

03/15/2008 : 1.0.15.3 (WizUiHelper 1.0.15.4, WizWebHelper 1.0.5.3)

MovieWizManager - Gracefully handle missing directory in search combo box.
MovieWizManager - (Batch mode) Do not mark entries hidden where the drive or server is not available. (-SyncArchive option)
MovieWizManager - Fixed several bugs and UI tweaks
MovieWizManager - Added optional password for Delete Entry button. You must supply the password at runtime to delete the entry.
MovieWizManager - Hidden feature, dbl-click on Thumbnail source label to play item in WMP. Dbl-click again to switch back to Thumbnail view.
MovieWizManager - Add option for 'Prefer External Player'. Will default to ExtPlayer if in list, if item is eligible for external player, in detail popup, ExtPlayer will be 1st button, then play.
MovieWizManager - Add offline-id, for those movies with this field set, do NOT allow the play button.
MovieWizManager - WizWebHelper.DLL - Updated show name filter routine to remove leading _ and trailing - characters.
Plugin - Delete button on the Details screen will now physically delete the file from disk in addition to removing the entry.
Plugin - Delete button will delete ALL associated files (.jpg, .edl,...) for entry being deleted. It will also delete the directory if no files exist after file deletes.

jksmurf
2008-04-16, 01:36 AM

Plugin - Delete button will delete ALL associated files (.jpg, .edl,...) for entry being deleted. It will also delete the directory if no files exist after file deletes.

Awesome, thanks JW, really really appreciate this. Presumably the press enter to exit for for batch mode (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=266389&postcount=16) also been removed?

Cheers, really looking forward to having this run in scheduled batch mode-only now, yippee.

k.

JavaWiz
2008-04-16, 01:41 AM
Awesome, thanks JW, really really appreciate this. Presumably the press enter to exit for for batch mode (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=266389&postcount=16) also been removed?

Cheers, really looking forward to having this run in scheduled batch mode-only now, yippee.

k.
Yes. To force the Press Enter message, enter a -debug parameter, without the parameter, the message will NOT be displayed.

jksmurf
2008-04-16, 02:05 AM
Yes. To force the Press Enter message, enter a -debug parameter, without the parameter, the message will NOT be displayed.Excellent, thanks!

k.

jksmurf
2008-04-16, 05:19 AM
Arrgggghhhh sorry JW....

I get a System.MissingMethodException error running the batch mode.

My Batch (which I want to call from postprocessing eventually)

MovieWizManager.exe -Recordings -SyncArchived -SubDirs -Load:"E:\GBPVRVids;\\Theslug\disk 1\ArchivedMovies;\\Theslug\disk 2\ArchivedMovies;L:\ArchivedMovies"

I tried removing the missing dir \\Theslug\disk (file://\\Theslug\disk) 1\ArchivedMovies but it wasn't that.

btw you might want to correct two things in the readme

-Syncharchived option (i.e. add the d, just syntax)
You can only see help in batch mode when you type moviewizmanager -help -debug (otherwise it runs past you..)
Cheers,k.

JavaWiz
2008-04-16, 05:39 AM
Arrgggghhhh sorry JW....

I get a System.MissingMethodException error running the batch mode.

Should be fixed in the attached version.

-Syncharchived option (i.e. add the d, just syntax)
You can only see help in batch mode when you type moviewizmanager -help -debug (otherwise it runs past you..)
Cheers,k.
Done and done.

jksmurf
2008-04-16, 06:13 AM
Should be fixed in the attached version.

Done and done.

Works a Treat :-) Happy Camper...!

I even have a bunch of ignore shows, which works too, yippee!!
Thanks JW... :D

k.

iwan
2008-04-18, 07:57 PM

03/15/2008 : 1.0.15.3 (WizUiHelper 1.0.15.4, WizWebHelper 1.0.5.3)

MovieWizManager - Add option for 'Prefer External Player'. Will default to ExtPlayer if in list, if item is eligible for external player, in detail popup, ExtPlayer will be 1st button, then play.

HOORAY - Can't wait to try this out !

Thanks a lot, JW !

Jaggy
2008-04-23, 02:19 AM
I just tried out the new delete a recording & it pops up a box, could you tell me which popup skin file controls this as my large text is way to big for it?

JavaWiz
2008-04-23, 04:22 AM
I just tried out the new delete a recording & it pops up a box, could you tell me which popup skin file controls this as my large text is way to big for it?
PasswordPopup.xml

Jaggy
2008-04-23, 05:26 AM
PasswordPopup.xml

I don't have a password enabled for delete. This popup says "Are you sure you want to DELETE this entry" etc. & altering the PasswordPopup.xml doesn't seem to affect it. I have had a look at the other popup.xml but can't find this one??

JavaWiz
2008-04-23, 05:32 AM
I don't have a password enabled for delete. This popup says "Are you sure you want to DELETE this entry" etc. & altering the PasswordPopup.xml doesn't seem to affect it. I have had a look at the other popup.xml but can't find this one??

if (deletePwd != "")
nextPopup = new PasswordPopup(this,
"Are you sure you want to DELETE this entry?" +
Environment.NewLine + Environment.NewLine +
"The entry will also be physically deleted from disk.",
deletePwd,
"Delete Entry", "Cancel",
mSkinDirectory);
else
nextPopup = new PopupMessageBox(this, "Are you sure you want to DELETE this entry?" +
Environment.NewLine + Environment.NewLine +
"The entry will also be physically deleted from disk.", "Delete Entry", "Cancel");

If you have not set a password, then I use the generic message box that sub supplies. I believe its skin is located in skins2/blue/popup/MessageBoxPopup.xml.

Wakalaka
2008-04-23, 07:02 AM
On the History page for MovieWiz, you have 03/15/2008 as the release date for version 1.0.15.3 -- it should be 04/15/2008.

[EDIT (JW)]: Good catch, wiki updated.

Dan Soussi
2008-04-23, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I must be missing something, but I can't see the following new feature ...
MovieWizManager - Add offline-id, for those movies with this field set, do NOT allow the play button.

Can anyone guide me? Sounds useful.

Cheers,
Dan

JavaWiz
2008-04-23, 05:35 PM
Hi,

I must be missing something, but I can't see the following new feature ...

Can anyone guide me? Sounds useful.

Cheers,
Dan
At work, so from memory:

Add Content tab, there is a new button, something like Add Offline
Click on that, supply ID and Title
On the Manage Content tab, you can now maintain the details for this entry
When in the plugin, the Play feature will not be available, the offline ID is stored in the Location field, so if you have your DVD's cataloged some how, you can use that ID when loading.

Dan Soussi
2008-04-24, 01:32 AM
At work, so from memory:

Add Content tab, there is a new button, something like Add Offline
Click on that, supply ID and Title
On the Manage Content tab, you can now maintain the details for this entry
When in the plugin, the Play feature will not be available, the offline ID is stored in the Location field, so if you have your DVD's cataloged some how, you can use that ID when loading.

I see. Not quite what I was expecting.

How about an extension to this idea? A checkbox that allows you to mark a movie as no longer there - so no play button. In addition, a field that can be manually populated to hold the physical storage of the movie. e.g. Box 03-01 . This storage field would be applicable to all movies, not just those offline.

Thanks for a useful tool.

Cheers,
Dan

JavaWiz
2008-04-24, 05:36 AM
I see. Not quite what I was expecting.

How about an extension to this idea? A checkbox that allows you to mark a movie as no longer there - so no play button.

Right now, I detect that a movie is "no longer there" simply by looking at the location field, if the file does not exist, it is no longer there.

In addition, a field that can be manually populated to hold the physical storage of the movie. e.g. Box 03-01 . This storage field would be applicable to all movies, not just those offline.

For those that we are designating 'off-line', I was trying to populate the location field.

Maybe I'm missing something here. I get the idea that your movies are sometime 'online' and sometimes 'offline'. Is this because you've defined your DVD drive as the file location? Or, do you periodically copy the DVD to disk, then remove and copy a different DVD to disk?

Dan Soussi
2008-04-24, 09:40 AM
Right now, I detect that a movie is "no longer there" simply by looking at the location field, if the file does not exist, it is no longer there.

For those that we are designating 'off-line', I was trying to populate the location field.

Maybe I'm missing something here. I get the idea that your movies are sometime 'online' and sometimes 'offline'. Is this because you've defined your DVD drive as the file location? Or, do you periodically copy the DVD to disk, then remove and copy a different DVD to disk?

Hi,

My movie collection is a mixture of online and offline movies (AVI's and DVD images). My offline movies are populated via a dummy file, zero length. Needless to say, the offline movies should not be playable. They are extension ".offline". The online state of a movie is reasonably static.

I'd like to go even one step further and be able to manually edit the movie location field, too. :rolleyes:

Would the above approach cause you to deviate too much from your MovieWiz development goals?

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the MW experience. :D

Cheers,
Dan