PDA

View Full Version : 1.2.9 available

sub
2008-03-09, 01:57 AM
You can get the 1.2.9 release from http://www.gbpvr.com/GBPVR10209.msi.

The installer has caused problems for some users during testing, so I strongly recommend you backup your config.xml and gbpvr.db3 files if you're upgrading from a previous version. To minimise the risk of any problems, you should also stop the recording service before installing. You have been warned ;)

Vista users: its probably worth running the installer as administrator. A couple of users couldnt install it successfully on Vista until they ran it as administrator.

As with past releases, if you dont already have them, you need to have .net 2.0 installed, as well as the updated Microsoft runtime from http://www.gbpvr.com/vcredist_x86.zip.

This release doesnt include a lot of visible changes, but hopefully there will be something of interest to everyone.

This release requires a skin change, so you'll need to switch back to the default blue skin until any 3rd party skin you may be using is updated. So check for updates to Community Skin 3 etc soon.

Please post any support issues in the Support forum, not in this thread.

Changes in this release include:

2008-03-09 v1.2.9
- added improvements to H.264 support
- added Overlay renderer support to PVRX2
- disabled video inset when using EVR or Overlay video renderer.
- updated the included EWA to build 74.
- added support for DVB channels using AAC or AAC LATM audio like those in NZ, Norway, and a few more European destinations in the near future etc. You need a compatible AAC LATM audio decoder installed, like the free MONOGRAM AAC decoder. Google for it.
- added option to do BDA recordings "out of process", which works around the multidec limitation of one instance per process, allowing for multiple multidec recordings to occur at the same time.
- added support for Hauppauge HD-PVR.
- improved transport stream support, including ability to play in-progress recordings.
- currently playing song now shown in top right of Music Library
- fixed long standing bug where you'd get a SQLite error if you exited the app before the listings had finished loading in the background
- fixed a bug where current audio playlist could be wiped
- fixed a problem with recording pre-padding kicking in on the second of back to back recordings on the same tuner
- fixed a problem with DVD playback when using the EVR renderer
- fixed a problem with the music library "Play All" menu option.
- added a work around for a situation where the system would claim no VMR9 support after resuming from hibernation.
- fixed a problem with double clicking on menu items.
- fixed a problem where temporary files might be left behind after the DVB-EPG update if using the dvr-ms mux.
- fixed a bug where starting in fullscreen mode then switching to window mode could cause the app to resize to a very small window.
- <DVDAllowVideoInset> setting now obeyed in PVRX2
- In Music Library you can now press play with a directory selected and it'll auto queue and shuffle all the music files contained in that directory, or any nested directories it contains.
- fixed a bug with the selection index being reset while viewing the Recordings screen pending list while a recordings is recording padding.
- fixed a situation where comskip would not run at the end of recordings
- added current song name to the screen saver
- added 'dvr-ms to mpg' coversion option to video library transcode function
- mvp will now allow on the fly transcoding of mkv and mov files
- fixed a problem with initiating a recording from live tv
- pressing the 'Play' key with a recording highlighted in the Recordings screen will now start playback, without the need to view the details of the recording.
- added support for displaying panels on the main menu. This isnt backwards compatible with legacy plugin that provided old GBPVR.exe style panels implementing IPanel. New plugin wanting to add panels need to implment IUiPanel.
- currently playing song now shown in top right of Net Library and Music Library
- if <EnableRecordingsQuickDelete> is set to true in config.xml, then pressing the Record key with a recording highlighted in the Recordings screen will cancel/delete that recording. It will obey the <ConfirmDeleteInRecordings> setting though, so can give you a warning popup if set to true.
- music/video/picture library now list and follow directory shortcuts
- added logic to make sure the machine doesnt go to sleep when navigating the menus with a remote
- added DVB-S2 support for FireDTV and Hauppauge DVB-S2 devices. Unable to test, but should work.
- added ability to press Play on a recording in the Recordings screen and have it play without seeing the details.
- if multiple Music/Video/Picture Library directories are defined, then they are now shown in the order shown in the config app
- can now press 'record' button on remote in Search Guide to schedule a quick record without viewing the show details.
- added the ability to update a pending or in-progress recording from the TV Guide in the same way that is available from the recording, pending menu.
- fixed a bug that could cause an unexpected crash. Usually occurred in the config app, but could also happen in other places.
- added setting that can be used to force the app to do it's internal rendering at a resolution other than the current desktop resolution (useful for video card without enough video memory)
- added some logic to automatically detect BDA filter pin names rather than relying on definitions in bda.ini.
- fixed a bug that could cause channels with a dash in their name to have problems pulling in listings from DVB EPG source.
- fixed a bug that had stopped one particular user from being able to use two Nova-S Plus devices in the one machine. Its an uncommon problem, but may also affect others.
- in the same way '999' can be used to toggle comskip during file playback, '998' can now be used to delete the comskip file for the currently playing video. This is useful if comskip got it wrong and you dont want to use the comskip info for future attempts to play this file.
- added support for switching audio streams on AVI files with multiple audio streams (Ctrl-G or Green key on remotes with colour keys). You need to have the Morgan Stream Switcher filter installed for this to work.
- added support for switching audio streams on MKV files with multiple audio streams (Ctrl-G or Green key on remotes with colour keys).
- added ability to press Ctrl-O to see information about the current video stream (encoding, resolution etc).
- added a simple command line scheduler (Schedule.exe). Run it with no command line arguments to see some sample command lines.

UncleJohnsBand
2008-03-09, 03:23 AM
FYI.....EWA in this release is at the current Build 74 level.

TobyO
2008-03-09, 03:47 AM
Sub,

The install went smootly. I liked the updated config windows and PVRX2 seems to respond a little faster. I have no tried GBPVR.

Thanks for the new release
TobyO

sub
2008-03-09, 04:40 AM
FYI.....EWA in this release is at the current Build 74 level.Oops - sorry, I had meant to mention this, but forgot to add it to the change log. I've updated the list.

Torque
2008-03-09, 04:40 AM
Other than having to add the HDHomeRun information back into the bda.ini file, the upgrade went smooth on my office machine. Thanks Sub!

sub
2008-03-09, 04:43 AM
Other than having to add the HDHomeRun information back into the bda.ini fileSorry about that, but its probably going to happen every release. I wish they'd been like all other device manufacturers and had a specific set of names for the BDA drivers, rather than a different name on each and every machine.

Torque
2008-03-09, 04:43 AM
Also big thank you from my family for adding the Settings menu back... now we can switch aspect ratios for watching our HD recordings without having to pull out the keyboard for F7. :)

UncleJohnsBand
2008-03-09, 04:51 AM
Oops - sorry, I had meant to mention this, but forgot to add it to the change log. I've updated the list.

No problem...you had a 2yr old's birthday to go through.....great times.....enjoy them while you can.....mine is now 14.....seems like she was 2 just a couple of years ago.

Torque
2008-03-09, 04:53 AM
Sorry about that, but its probably going to happen every release. I wish they'd been like all other device manufacturers and had a specific set of names for the BDA drivers, rather than a different name on each and every machine.

No problem. Have a beer on me
http://www.junglefreakz.de/smileys/beerchug.gif

Ommina
2008-03-09, 06:48 AM
- added support for switching audio streams on MKV files with multiple audio streams (Ctrl-G or Green key on remotes with colour keys).
- added ability to press Ctrl-O to see information about the current video stream (encoding, resolution etc).

Holy cripes on toast with hot melted butter, I wasn't expecting to see something like this in, well, ever. I mean, I was thrilled to have the UIPanel again. A busy night awaits, thank you!

I'm presuming the MKV stream switching also requires the Morgan Stream Switcher? (Meh, will find out in a few minutes...)

7ore
2008-03-09, 06:50 AM
Special thanks for the improvements to the Music Library, much appreciated!
(I even noticed that the improvements was worth mentioning twice) :D

I was determined to wait a week or two before upgrading, but after reading that list I just can't wait...

Ommina
2008-03-09, 07:07 AM
The main menu animates smoother as well, items both zoom in and fade out. OK, hardly earth-shattering, but a nice touch.

pBS
2008-03-09, 07:32 AM
i didn't' see any mention of the new events thrown for playing files, are they in there?

pretty much no reason to keep gbpvr.exe around anymore...:)
thanx for overlay...should help it be usable on micro/silent machines..
and the panels are much appreciated...really missed those..

pBS
2008-03-09, 08:13 AM
oh and good timing...tonight's the Daylight Savings Time changover here in the U.S. :D [something always messes up, either locally or with the listings themselves] tho on second thought, you may get false problems because of it..

looking great so far...now almost all the features we'd gotten accustomed to with gbpvr.exe are back, it's too sweet..:)

elite
2008-03-09, 08:56 AM
Thanks Sub - Upgrade as painless as ever for me :D

Sheik Yerbouti
2008-03-09, 09:36 AM
- currently playing song now shown in top right of Music Library
- In Music Library you can now press play with a directory selected and it'll auto queue and shuffle all the music files contained in that directory, or any nested directories it contains.
- added current song name to the screen saver
Great improvements. These really make the default music player "mature". Thanks!

cakes
2008-03-09, 11:27 AM
upgrade went really smooth. Thanks for this new release !

soccerdad
2008-03-09, 02:28 PM
Flawless upgrade here. No issues. You have been working hard.

kayak4ever
2008-03-09, 02:42 PM
Thank you. I really like the fact that you can cancel the program from the task bar if it crashes and I think I am getting a better picture even though I didn't change from vmr9 exclusive fullscreen to overlay (I think I have an underpowered video card).

As I checked over the new options in the config panel, I notices the H264 playback. I checked a couple of webpages such as http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/H.264 but I am still left wondering if I have it or not. How do I tell if I have it, and should the users follow the same rule as for other renderers and decoders: that is, should it not be left on the system default?

DanielP
2008-03-09, 03:29 PM
Wonderful job! How on earth do you find time to do this stuff when you have a small kiddy around? I have a three year old and barely get time to breathe! Happy birthday to them, anyway!

The new version went on my Sempron system and removed every single niggle I have with it + improved performance.

However, it didn't get on with my main shuttle system (which is performing pretty much perfectly anyway). All looks fine + the main menu fires up beautifully, then I get (our old favourite) a black screen with the mouse pointer. Haven't got time to investigate at the mo- I had to revert back to a working system before the family noticed- but I will post some logs if I get time in the support forum.

Also- I noticed HD was working better (no tearing), but still choppy and still doesn't seem to be using hardware accel (this is on my ATI system). When I looked at the option to select H264 decoder, I only had the option of "use system default"- my Cyberlink H264 decoder wasn't listed. Is this right or is there something I need to do in order register it manually??

All the best.

Daniel

sub
2008-03-09, 03:52 PM
Holy cripes on toast with hot melted butter, I wasn't expecting to see something like this in, well, ever. I mean, I was thrilled to have the UIPanel again. A busy night awaits, thank you!

I'm presuming the MKV stream switching also requires the Morgan Stream Switcher? (Meh, will find out in a few minutes...)No, MKV stream switching doesnt need the Morgan Stream Switcher.

A world of warning though, the 'Morgan Stream Switcher' filter can cause all sorts of problems on machines. My WMP11 started crashing after installing this filter. As soon as I was finished implementing support for changing audio streams with this filter, I quickly uninstalled it from my machine.

sub
2008-03-09, 03:55 PM
pretty much no reason to keep gbpvr.exe around anymore...:)I was tempted to remove it from this release, but I thought I'd leave it in for one last release. (thats right folks, if you're still hanging onto the old GBPVR.exe, its time to start planning for the future)

sub
2008-03-09, 03:56 PM
oh and good timing...tonight's the Daylight Savings Time changover here in the U.S. :D [something always messes up, either locally or with the listings themselves] tho on second thought, you may get false problems because of it..Bugger, good point. It would have been nice to avoid this by a few days.

sub
2008-03-09, 04:00 PM
As I checked over the new options in the config panel, I notices the H264 playback. I checked a couple of webpages such as http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/H.264 but I am still left wondering if I have it or not. How do I tell if I have it, and should the users follow the same rule as for other renderers and decoders: that is, should it not be left on the system default?The reason for the H.264 stuff (aka "MPEG4 part 10") is because this is the type of video being used on high definition TV channels outside of North America or Australia (where they use MPEG2).

sub
2008-03-09, 04:03 PM
Also- I noticed HD was working better (no tearing), but still choppy and still doesn't seem to be using hardware accel (this is on my ATI system). When I looked at the option to select H264 decoder, I only had the option of "use system default"- my Cyberlink H264 decoder wasn't listed. Is this right or is there something I need to do in order register it manually??There hasnt really been anything change about playback, so it should be the about the same as previous releases.

It'll only list H.264 decoders if their names are exactly "CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD7.x)" or "CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (AzureWave)". What name is yours?

Shader
2008-03-09, 04:22 PM
Just updated to this latest version and rushed to the new improved music library...
but pvrx2 just crashes everytime I enter the library.
The directory list loads up, but then all comes to a halt.

Sub, am I missing some crusial software elements maybe ?

Shader
2008-03-09, 04:27 PM
Eeeehrm.... Should have used the default skin :-) Works fine now

nkh
2008-03-09, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the new release! always exciting :) So many updates, it'll take some time to try it all out!

- added support for switching audio streams on AVI files with multiple audio streams (Ctrl-G or Green key on remotes with colour keys). You need to have the Morgan Stream Switcher filter installed for this to work.
This just works beautifully! :)

Interesting, I've been hoping for something like this, but thought it would never be implemented :cool:

I don't know if these observations is for a support thread (if it is, I'll move it there), but when I view live tv (with a PVR-500 and a PVR-350 in the machine as the only tuner cards currently), it says:

Channel: TV2 DK (87)
Video Type: H.264
Video Resolution: 768x576
Audio Type: AAC LATM

Is this because I'm using encoder pass-through on live-tv?

When I view a video file from the harddrive (recording or something else) I only get "File" and "Video Resolution", and I don't seem to get any info DVDs.

sub
2008-03-09, 04:33 PM
Just updated to this latest version and rushed to the new improved music library...
but pvrx2 just crashes everytime I enter the library.
The directory list loads up, but then all comes to a halt.

Sub, am I missing some crusial software elements maybe ?Switch back to the default blue skin, or update your version of Community Skin3.

EDIT: sorry, I see you found that out yourself....

sub
2008-03-09, 04:36 PM
Interesting, I've been hoping for something like this, but thought it would never be implemented :cool:
I don't know if these observations is for a support thread (if it is, I'll move it there), but when I view live tv (with a PVR-500 and a PVR-350 in the machine as the only tuner cards currently), it says:

Channel: TV2 DK (87)
Video Type: H.264
Video Resolution: 768x576
Audio Type: AAC LATM
Is this because I'm using encoder pass-through on live-tv?
When I view a video file from the harddrive (recording or something else) I only get "File" and "Video Resolution", and I don't seem to get any info DVDs.
lol :D

I'm so focused on digital these days, I didnt even think to test it on an analog device. As soon as I saw your post I remembered I didnt implement analog side of this feature.

You'll get the real video and audio type listed with a digital device. I'll fix analog for 1.3.x.

nkh
2008-03-09, 04:41 PM
lol :D

I'm so focused on digital these days, I didnt even think to test it on an analog device. As soon as I saw your post I remembered I didnt implement analog side of this feature.

You'll get the real video and audio type listed with a digital device. I'll fix analog for 1.3.x.

Ah, nice :D I guess Hauppauge would have been pretty surprised if you had started doing dvb-c capturing with their analouge cards ;)

DanielP
2008-03-09, 05:15 PM
....will start a thread in support, so things don't get too claggy here!

Daniel

nia
2008-03-09, 06:52 PM
Just another 'no problems' upgrade post :D

Thanks for this new version. Looking forward to testing some of the new goodies.

ACTCMS
2008-03-09, 07:55 PM
1.2.9 installed on my test server and my client laptop without any problems - now I'm off to play with it...:)

JEF
2008-03-09, 07:58 PM
Thanks Sub it works great:):)

hasso
2008-03-09, 08:46 PM
You need a compatible AAC LATM audio decoder installed, like the free Monograph AAC decoder. Google for it.

I assume you meant "MONOGRAM AAC Decoder".

sub
2008-03-09, 08:47 PM
Yep, thats what I meant. I'll edit the post.

ShiningDragon
2008-03-09, 09:10 PM
Hi sub!

Can you please give a recommandation for a DVD decoder? All the last GB-PVR Versions had problems with playing back RC-2 DVDs... (some player without any problems, some didn't show the menus, some DVDs made a blackscreen within GB-PVR) while WMP could play all the DVDs without any problems.

I tried till now NVIDIA PureVideo (hardly outdated) and Cyberlink 6/7 decoders. None of them worked with all DVDs. oO

No, this is no Error-Posting ^^ Just want to know, which decoder you're using.

sub
2008-03-09, 09:12 PM
The Cyberlink 7 decoders seems to work pretty well for us with the pile of kids DVDs we own.

ShiningDragon
2008-03-09, 09:18 PM
The Cyberlink 7 decoders seems to work pretty well for us with the pile of kids DVDs we own.
Thank you, then i will checkout the 7 Series with this new release of GB-PVR again. =)

wtg
2008-03-09, 10:20 PM
Install went smooth here... no problems at all. I really look forward to trying the .TS enhancements. Your Music Library enhancement is just what I was looking for.

MVP's processes do seem to be taking up more memory than I remember - about 60 meg each - but my memory isn't that reliable anyway. Maybe that's what they always used. :)

indeo
2008-03-09, 10:20 PM
Also big thank you from my family for adding the Settings menu back... now we can switch aspect ratios for watching our HD recordings without having to pull out the keyboard for F7. :)

Even on old versions, I've always been able to change aspect ratio on the fly with my Hauppage PV-150 remote. I just mapped the key for aspect ratios (F7?) to the red button on the bottom left of the remote. Works with LiveTV, AVI, MKV, etc..

Wakalaka
2008-03-09, 10:27 PM
- pressing the 'Play' key with a recording highlighted in the Recordings screen will now start playback, without the need to view the details of the recording.

I have Prompt for Resume set to true. If you use the Play button on a recording, it doesn't prompt you for Resume or Restart -- it only does then when you select the show, then select the Play button. Is this by design?

Also when I'm in the TV Guide and select a show, the channel icon is in the upper right corner of the details. When the show name is long, the channel icon is written over the end of the show name text. Should the show name text wrap to the next line, or is this by design?

There is no gbpvrtray.exe any more. What happened to it? I use SlimmGBPVR anyway, and copy it and rename it to gbpvrtray.exe.

Install went fine over my 1.1.5, everything still seems to be working.

wtg
2008-03-09, 10:28 PM
Even on old versions, I've always been able to change aspect ratio on the fly with my Hauppage PV-150 remote. I just mapped the key for aspect ratios (F7?) to the red button on the bottom left of the remote. Works with LiveTV, AVI, MKV, etc..

I did the same on the 45-button remote, mapping F7 to the Picture button.

sub
2008-03-09, 10:34 PM
I have Prompt for Resume set to true. If you use the Play button on a recording, it doesn't prompt you for Resume or Restart -- it only does then when you select the show, then select the Play button. Is this by design?I dont use 'prompt for resume' myself, so you might be right. What is <UseMenuResumeButton> set to in your config app?

Also when I'm in the TV Guide and select a show, the channel icon is in the upper right corner of the details. When the show name is long, the channel icon is written over the end of the show name text. Should the show name text wrap to the next line, or is this by design?Its been like this since v1.0.x. I'll get around to adjusting the skin files one of these days to make the text field slightly shorter.

There is no gbpvrtray.exe any more. What happened to it? I use SlimmGBPVR anyway, and copy it and rename it to gbpvrtray.exe.Hmm, you should have it. Its definitely on my lounge PC. Do you see a shortcut to it in your startup folder?

bgowland
2008-03-10, 12:21 AM
I dont use 'prompt for resume' myself, so you might be right.I can confirm Wakalaka's observation (I think).

I have 'Prompt for resume' set. Normally I'd be using my MVP and select the show then Play or Resume from the popup menu so wouldn't expect a prompt.

I just tried Ctrl-P at the PC on a recording that had been previously viewed and it started from the beginning without prompting.

If I set <UseMenuResumeButton> to false I don't see the popup Resume button (as I'd expect) and I also don't get a prompt when using Ctrl-P.

Cheers,
Brian

dark_half
2008-03-10, 12:24 AM
- improved transport stream support, including ability to play in-progress recordings.

Does this mean it will work for timeshift and client? Hopefully I will get a chance to install the new version tommorrow.

sub
2008-03-10, 12:38 AM
Does this mean it will work for timeshift and client? Hopefully I will get a chance to install the new version tommorrow.I dont think it will. There hasnt been any changes or testing related to the client/server stuff in this release.

wtg
2008-03-10, 02:17 AM
Another note of thanks for this release.

Even though I had respectable performance with PVRX2 in FSE mode, I love being able to use Overlay mode instead. The CPU usage is much lower, thus leaving more time for comskip, transcodes, etc, all of which take much more CPU now that I'm recording a good bit of content of HD.

Additionally, FSE mode doesn't always play very nice. If things get hung up it's very hard to get out of since it by definition has complete control of the screen and even task manager can't overwrite it. I'm very happy to say goodbye to FSE.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Wakalaka
2008-03-10, 02:22 AM
I dont use 'prompt for resume' myself, so you might be right. What is <UseMenuResumeButton> set to in your config app?

false

Its been like this since v1.0.x. I'll get around to adjusting the skin files one of these days to make the text field slightly shorter.

Ok, wasn't sure if it was something new. What skin file should I modify? Should the text wrap to the next line if it's > some threshold length?

pBS
2008-03-10, 02:47 AM
i didn't' see any mention of the new events thrown for playing files, are they in there?

just wondering about the events cuz i'm making a lcd plugin and was waiting to see if they would change so i would have to rewrite.
[plus there was some odd behavior as it was]

sub
2008-03-10, 03:45 AM
Ok, wasn't sure if it was something new. What skin file should I modify? blue\Popups\ShowDetailsPopup.xml

sub
2008-03-10, 03:46 AM

just wondering about the events cuz i'm making a lcd plugin and was waiting to see if they would change so i would have to rewrite.
[plus there was some odd behavior as it was]
There ended up being no new events other than one to identify the EPG update had just completed.

sixeyes
2008-03-10, 06:41 AM
I was tempted to remove it from this release, but I thought I'd leave it in for one last release. (thats right folks, if you're still hanging onto the old GBPVR.exe, its time to start planning for the future)
Are you going to add command line options to position the window for PVRX2 that's in GBPVR?

And are you going to support more than two hours on the screen in the TV guide?

Zathras
2008-03-10, 06:46 AM
I tried to search the forums but could not easily answer the question;

Does 1.2.9 Still Contain GBPVR.EXE?

Thank you in advance for the response.

Regards, Kevin

sgilani
2008-03-10, 06:59 AM
I tried to search the forums but could not easily answer the question;

Does 1.2.9 Still Contain GBPVR.EXE?

Thank you in advance for the response.

Regards, Kevin

Yes, it does.

stustunz
2008-03-10, 07:02 AM
the good news for you guys still using gbpvr is that you can now run pvrx2 in overlay mode

scb147
2008-03-10, 01:26 PM
I'm sure this is probably covered somewhere on this forum, but what are the differences of VMR9 Overlay, VMR9 FSE, EVR, etc.? Is it in the wiki?

sub
2008-03-10, 03:30 PM
I've deleted a couple support posts from this thread. As I mentioned in the first post, please post support questions in the support forum. I'd rather have them there, and not clag up this thread.

Koenie
2008-03-10, 05:44 PM
Upgraded this morning, everything seems to be working perfectly.

I noticed that the whole program has become much more responsive in pritty much all areas - great work SUB -:p

User
2008-03-10, 11:39 PM
Thank you Sub! Looks like a great release. I had trouble with the first upgrade attempt where LiveTV was giving black screens on the PC and MVP, sorry logs were set to ERROR. I reverted back to the prior version and then attempted another upgrade and all is working now, looks great!

SuMo
2008-03-11, 08:54 AM
I was tempted to remove it from this release, but I thought I'd leave it in for one last release. (thats right folks, if you're still hanging onto the old GBPVR.exe, its time to start planning for the future)

thanx for keeping it for now, although I can't wait 'cause this is an impressive update !!! I'll be in serious trouble if I did since there is still no Radio in PVRX or did I miss something ?

sml42
2008-03-11, 11:34 AM
Update was clean and smooth, perfect work!
Thanks, sub!
sml42

Rory
2008-03-11, 12:22 PM
Flawless update, thanks

Rory

TerryOhr
2008-03-11, 02:40 PM
Hate to throw a damper on things, but I can't get the new release to install.

I'm running Windows Vista Business. I've turned off user security. When I run the MSI I get this message:

Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

All previous versions installed just fine.

nitrogen_widget
2008-03-11, 02:43 PM
Command line options have been added to PVRX2.
Thanks!

McBainUK
2008-03-11, 02:55 PM
Hate to throw a damper on things, but I can't get the new release to install.
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33736&highlight=Error+1721
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=27993&highlight=Error+1721

treads6464
2008-03-11, 05:22 PM
3rd Release I have been here for. 3rd time everything has installed beautifully. Thank you Sub!! Absolutely excellent!

McBainUK
2008-03-11, 05:50 PM
One thing that has changed but couldn't see it mention on the change log is a fix/addition of the ability to press back on a sub menu. Best new feature since PVRX2 IMHO :D

scb147
2008-03-11, 05:54 PM
The Cyberlink 7 decoders seems to work pretty well for us with the pile of kids DVDs we own.I thought the Cyberlink 7 decoders somehow got "locked" to outside applications? I've been using 6 because of this... is this not true?

sub
2008-03-11, 06:06 PM
The video decoder is definitely able to be used from other apps. I'm not sure about the audio decoder though.

JimF
2008-03-11, 06:37 PM
sub,

Shouldn't the suggestion by mcervi be included in the survival guide?
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33744

I finally got it to work. Something about the UI of the installer isn't working for me. I was able to get the install to run by running "GBPVR10209.msi /passive" which runs without user input.

martint123
2008-03-11, 09:47 PM
A nice, painless upgrade as usual. Server and three clients so far.
The clients seem to load the EPG much faster than before (something changed??)

thanks.

JuicyFruits
2008-03-11, 10:05 PM
Installation issue:

I get a prompt with the following text:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'GBPVR10016.MSI' in the box below.

Use Source
f:\firefox downloads\

OK Cancel Browse

Note, the version number is different to the installation version

Clare
2008-03-12, 12:09 AM
Fantastic update, everything is much smoother and soo quick.

One little problem though with the music library, when I skip a track it seems to skip two tracks instead of one (Almost like I held the button down for too long). I'm using an MCE remote, is there a setting or something I should change?

Thanks sub for all your work on GBPVR, it's totally awesome.

Clare.

sub
2008-03-12, 12:12 AM
Fantastic update, everything is much smoother and soo quick.

One little problem though with the music library, when I skip a track it seems to skip two tracks instead of one (Almost like I held the button down for too long). I'm using an MCE remote, is there a setting or something I should change?
Try the patch in this thread: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33752

JuicyFruits
2008-03-12, 12:42 AM
Ok, removed devnz directory, removed registry entried for gbpvr, then reran msi file with a log.

get this error:

Property(S): SourceDir = F:\FireFox Downloads\
Property(S): SourcedirProduct = {4C39136A-165C-4FFA-9621-5D0BE718C64D}
Property(S): ProductToBeRegistered = 1
Action ended 00:39:20: ExecuteAction. Return value 3.
Action 00:39:20: Fatal_Error.
Action start 00:39:20: Fatal_Error.
Action 00:39:20: Fatal_Error. Dialog created
Action ended 00:39:22: Fatal_Error. Return value 2.
Action ended 00:39:22: INSTALL. Return value 3.
Property(C): Language = C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Language\
Property(C): DiskPrompt = [ProductName] [1]

Any ideas ? GUI just gives a dialog box with Fatal error and rolls back the installation.

blackpaw
2008-03-12, 12:56 AM
Juciy fruit, Copy the installer to a local directory (C: drive) and run it from there.

sub
2008-03-12, 12:59 AM
Post support issues in the support forum please.

Clare
2008-03-12, 07:16 AM
Try the patch in this thread: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33752
Yet again, fantastic! That sorted the problem out and music playback is back to normal.

Thank you,
Clare.

fsnertz
2008-03-12, 01:49 PM
This system could only have been penned by a family man with a child and the holy WAF on the line. Bloody fantastic release! Easiest, fastest and best yet, and the best by far in its class (this comes from a long-time ex-Myth and ex-MediaPortal user).

I especially love the Music / Net Radio "Now Playing". I can't believe how helpful it is!

Thank you!!!

scb147
2008-03-12, 04:23 PM
Is it just me, or do the main menu items seem more cramped than before? Meaning they are closer together. My sub-menus don't do this, just the main one.

sub
2008-03-12, 04:42 PM
There are seven items on the main menu now instead of five. It seems to bother a few people so I might change it back to five for the 1.3.x release.

scb147
2008-03-12, 04:47 PM
Gotcha... I just have OCD and like things to be symmetrical :D

roy
2008-03-12, 05:04 PM
It seems to bother a few people so I might change it back
We are a picky bunch aren't we. :rolleyes: Of course we'll be bothered if you change it back too. :p All that really matters is if it bothers sub. :D

Clare
2008-03-12, 07:11 PM
Why not add an option of how many items to display on the main menu. Unless it's hard coded and awkward to change on the fly via config.

sub
2008-03-12, 07:20 PM
That sort of scheme doesnt fit in well with the way some skins design elements into the background image in relation to where the items will be, so its better to leave it as an option for the skin designer to decide how many items will be displayed.

Clare
2008-03-12, 08:19 PM
I am sure I typed this already:
<snip...>

sub
2008-03-12, 08:23 PM
I moved your last post to the support forum. As I asked a few times in this thread, please post problems in the support forums.

Clare
2008-03-12, 08:25 PM
I moved your last post to the support forum. As I asked a few times in this thread, please post problems in the support forums.

Sorry, I really should get acquainted with the rest of the forum.

Please accept my apology.

mdnttoker
2008-03-13, 03:49 AM
You can get the 1.2.9 release from http://www.gbpvr.com/GBPVR10209.msi.

Changes in this release include:
- added support for Hauppauge HD-PVR.

So are you in possession of one of these devices to test with??

sub
2008-03-13, 03:50 AM
Yes

mdnttoker
2008-03-13, 03:55 AM
Yes

Can you comment on this forum or another on the device, or are you under an NDA?

I am so looking fwd to it's release...

sub
2008-03-13, 03:58 AM
Sorry, I'm not able to say anything about it until its publically available.

erik
2008-03-13, 09:52 AM
Just wanted to feedback that I am very please with this release. Upgrade was easy and performance is good. (apart from the crash reported in the support thread)

2008-03-13, 01:37 PM
Anyone else notice with the upgrade that when you press the Prev Channel the data screen on the channel comes up rather than going to the Prev Channel?

2008-03-13, 02:11 PM
Anyone else notice with the upgrade that when you press the Prev Channel the data screen on the channel comes up rather than going to the Prev Channel?

nm, found the thread that explains how to fix it.

NumberFive
2008-03-13, 03:04 PM
Command Line Scheduler!! Nice one. Thanks sub. I'll definately get working on my "SMS to E-mail to GBPVR" solution again!

NumberFive
2008-03-14, 02:07 PM
Hi sub,

Thanks for adding the "Netradio automatically loads favourites if there are favourites defined" feature.

I got the Error 1721 installing this release. Turn out you need to reregister the Windows Installer service. See here for details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891985

willy
2008-03-14, 07:51 PM
Is it only me that have this problem?
I don't get the icon in the tray so there must be something wrong or what did I miss!?:confused:

willy
2008-03-14, 08:07 PM
Is it only me that have this problem?
I don't get the icon in the tray so there must be something wrong or what did I miss!?:confused:

Sorry, just checked the settings for my card and after the upgrade it was set to ASTRA instead of Thor, changed it and now all is ok, sorry again. :(

PTW96
2008-03-14, 09:17 PM
Take my advise, after about 3mths of trying another product, its just not worth it. There is nothing better than GBPVR and now this new version......

Simple to install, simple to configure, simple to use.

Thanks for all your hard work.

ptw96

sub
2008-03-14, 11:36 PM
Support post in the support forum please or they'll just be ignored....

Pilot
2008-03-17, 12:25 AM
- added Overlay renderer support to PVRX2

Thanks a ton for this, Sub. I almost started crying when I saw that you were getting rid of GBPVR.exe, and then I saw the above. I can put off upgrading the HTPC for a little while longer....just a little....

aiacel
2008-03-17, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry Sub, But I don't understand if FM-radio plays in PVRX2. If not. will it play in the future?
Thank you

sub
2008-03-17, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry Sub, But I don't understand if FM-radio plays in PVRX2. If not. will it play in the future?
Thank youThere is no FM Radio support in PVRX2. I hope to add it back in. All things analog are pretty low priority for me these days, so I havnt managed to get to it yet.

serafis
2008-03-19, 10:34 PM
Day off work today, so just installed 1.29.1. Uninstalled previous version first, and backed up config and gbpvr.db3. Installation went like a charm, took less than 5 mins to be back up and running, eveything works great, just love the changes to MusicLibrary, just what I neede to make it perfect, especially the Play All function.

Thanks again Sub, GBPVR beats every other product hands down.

Another small donation on its way.

bobisimo
2008-03-21, 01:19 AM
Got 1.2.9 and I love it, but apparently I'm the only one out there who actually had the problem alluded to by Sub in the testing (but I backed up the two files like he said!).

I first tried to do an upgrade, but that crashed (I got a pop-up warning telling me that the install failed). Then I double-clicked the install package and tried to do a repair and that gave me the same result. I then double-clicked again and did an uninstall with the same results. Finally, I used add/remove software to remove GB-PVR (which crashed, but seemed to successfully remove the install), and then did a fresh (ish - I didn't delete the folder or anything) install which worked fine and generated no errors. Happily!

Also, I had been using GBPVR (the older GUI - the newer one would not work for me in the prior release build) but switched to PVRX2 after this 1.2.9 release - and it's working beautifully.

I'm quite happy, thank you! :)

sub
2008-03-22, 12:28 AM
Bump (and 1.1.5 thread now closed)

mkenyon2
2008-03-27, 12:56 PM
Sub, awesome. I finally got to upgrade last night.

I did live TV with Time shifting on my MVP for the FIRST TIME!!! It's on a wireless connection, so not the greatest. But with whatever you did, it just worked!!! Yes, it's more responsive, yes it's smoother, but Live TV working with Time Shifting.

(I'm sure I could have gotten it working before, but never got around to tweaking whatever I needed. You did it with this release!!!)

pBS
2008-04-02, 09:22 PM
what is the transcode button in tvguide for/do? is it usable?
can't find any info on it at all..
thanks

sub
2008-04-02, 09:27 PM
It doesnt do anything at this stage. I hadnt meant to leave it in the release. Work in progress. Set <ShowTranscodeDuringSchedule>false</ShowTranscodeDuringSchedule> in config.xml and you wont see it again.

pBS
2008-04-02, 09:37 PM
bummer, now that would be a handy feature! :)

just ability to select transcode profiles/show beforehand would allow:
moving file to spare disk automatically..
shrinking hd down to sd for storage..
automatic hd conversions for mvp,etc..

assuming it would be included in season record screens as well...
sure hope it doesn't die as an idea..would make HD easier to deal with..
[and automate all sorts of other things]
thanx for the tip...the tease was driving me nuts..hehe

pvruser
2008-04-05, 05:18 PM
just upgraded from 0.99.12 to 1.2.9 - finally had the time for it! got a few of the ax fail to register errors but ran the re-register batch file. still testing it but it looks good for now. hoping that all my nice batch files are still working with it :D

great job sub! thanks!

Agent24
2008-04-12, 02:42 AM
I was a bit wary of upgrading, in case anything broke (it took me so long to get my new tuner card working for the first time)

But I took the chance and the upgrade went 100% perfectly anyway.. ;)

Thank you Sub for all your hard work :D

Loomy
2008-04-16, 09:43 AM
I was a bit wary of upgrading, in case anything broke (it took me so long to get my new tuner card working for the first time)

Sub is truly a hard working and talented individual. Thank you sub, and may your future sunrises bring you many daisies.

cableguy
2008-04-17, 06:34 PM
Did support for the Plextor 402 series capture devices get dropped? I was not able to locate this in the configuration menus. :(

The new version installed otherwise without a hitch... great job!

sub
2008-04-17, 06:58 PM
Did support for the Plextor 402 series capture devices get dropped? I was not able to locate this in the configuration menus. :(Yes, a long time ago.

For several releases its only show the 'GO7007SB Device Plugin' recording source for existing capture sources, and not presented as an option when setting up a new capture source.

stefan
2008-04-17, 07:39 PM
Finally got around to upgrading. Went smooth here :) Good job, Sub!

NI2O
2008-04-20, 10:59 AM

I upgraded both of my machines and the installed failed both times.

I had to rename my old gbpvr directory and then install the new code and then copy my xml and db files back into the new gbpvr folder.

All was going well until I noticed that both machines are no longer recording any shows. It seems that I don't have any EPG data. I have "refreshed" the EPG settings and it appears to download the data (I use CTListings) but it never appears on the TV Guide.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

NI2O
2008-04-20, 12:37 PM
OK how stupid do I feel?

Just saw this

<quote>CTPVR stopped providing listings on April 1st.</quote>

I changed to my Schedules Direct account and it all seems to be working now.

:D

Mark

sub
2008-04-20, 04:18 PM
Remember folks, post support questions in the support forum

sub
2008-05-12, 03:56 PM
Post support questions in the support forum.

cimarronok
2008-05-24, 03:15 PM
Every thing went great the first evening I installed, but next morning all kind of cryptic failures kept it from working... so I moved back to previous edition. No problem now.

n8isch
2008-07-23, 12:59 PM
Hi,

could you please add the needs of an d3d9 compatible graphic-card to the requirements section. i have an onboard S3 ProSavageDDR and i stuck for hours at that problem. just found out by installing gbpvr on another machine.

thx
n8isch

Deusxmachina
2008-08-04, 08:38 PM
"- added support for switching audio streams on MKV files with multiple audio streams (Ctrl-G or Green key on remotes with colour keys)."

Started watching some MKVs lately with multiple audio streams. I could always change the stream via VOBsub, but I had to do it at the computer. Pretty annoying when watching shows back-to-back from the couch. My remote didn't like using the Green key, but a quick HIP fix to send Ctrl-G to an unused button works great. Hurray!