PDA

View Full Version : XRecord - Converter3 error in logs



jksmurf
2007-12-22, 11:25 PM
fla,

This is an old thread (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?p=188547#post188547) pre your XSuite forum, so apologies for a new thread on an old subject.

In this thread (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=247734&postcount=89) Martin notes (about the converter3 error)


I'd say it is mostly harmless. It seems to turn off gbpvr logging.


As I try to help out Martin with logging for the mvpmc dongle, could I ask if you could have a go at getting this fixed?

Thanks!

k.

Fatman_do
2007-12-23, 02:51 AM
I don't know if it turns off logging. I have seen log entries after this line, but I don't have an MVP.

I am going through the xrecord skin.xml file for the latest updates this weekend and have seen this error in the middle of my log file with more data afterwards.

I know this post doesn't help, just pointing out an observation.

mvallevand
2007-12-23, 03:11 AM
I am not sure that the coverter3 error is the problem but something is turning off verbose logging as soon as the xrecord skins are loaded. INFO and ERROR items might still be logged.

Martin

fla
2007-12-23, 05:19 AM
Try this RecordingUtils.dll (unzip to the gbpvr directory replacing XSuite's old one) and let me know if it fixes the logging thing. If it does, I'll check in the change.

Edit: Removed attachement

jksmurf
2007-12-23, 10:42 AM
Try this RecordingUtils.dll (unzip to the gbpvr directory replacing XSuite's old one) and let me know if it fixes the logging thing. If it does, I'll check in the change.

It does seem to fix that converter error thanks! I don't know enough about Martin's observations to say whether it fixes the logging.

There are some skin errors in the logs, but they were there before, and I'm not sure if they are Xrecord related.

k.

fla
2007-12-23, 02:28 PM
The old recordingutils.dll was setting the logger to "error" level and the new one doesn't touch the level. I would expect more messages in the logs not less depending on your log level setting in the config app. If there are some messages in the logs that should be removed I can delete them from the code if you let me know which ones. The converter3 message is actually printed by sub's code as I explained here (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=188378&postcount=2).

mvallevand
2007-12-23, 03:16 PM
The old recordingutils.dll was setting the logger to "error" level and the new one doesn't touch the level. I would expect more messages in the logs not less depending on your log level setting in the config app. If there are some messages in the logs that should be removed I can delete them from the code if you let me know which ones. The converter3 message is actually printed by sub's code as I explained here (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=188378&postcount=2).

jksmurf's mvp logs look correct now and the converter3 error is still there. The log entry that probably comes up too much is "skipping background" but that might be sub's.

Martin

jksmurf
2007-12-24, 12:00 AM
jksmurf's mvp logs look correct now and the converter3 error is still there. The log entry that probably comes up too much is "skipping background" but that might be sub's.

Martin

Hmm... :o I don't know how I missed that, anyway, glad the logging is now OK, the error itself doesn't seem to affect anything I do.



2007-12-23 18:27:56.000 INFO [6] Reading path Converter3
2007-12-23 18:27:56.000 ERROR [6] Unable to find node: /settings/Custom/ConverterElement[@name="converter3"]

fla
2007-12-24, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I'll run a few tests before checking in this change. I'm sure that code was put in for a reason so I'll have to see how priorityrecordings.exe and rectracker.exe are affected.

Edit: Can't see any obvious side effects so I checked in the changes and uploaded the new version to the wiki.

fla
2007-12-24, 06:22 AM
The log entry that probably comes up too much is "skipping background" but that might be sub's.I can't find that logger message anywhere in XSuite.