PDA

View Full Version : ZProcess: Pre-conversion for MVP

guydot
2007-10-24, 02:21 PM
Z,

First I would like to thank you again for ZProcess. Without it, my MVP would have been a piece of junk :-) you rock!

I had to rebuild the computer, so I installed everything new, including ZProcess2. With 1, I used to run Dirmon and convert all AVI's to MPG using:

zprocess.exe [filename] transcode Trans2MVP auto

It does not seem to work now. What do I need to change?

Thanks,
Guydot

stu8080
2007-10-24, 06:06 PM
tough one.

pastro
2007-10-24, 06:19 PM
Z,

First I would like to thank you again for ZProcess. Without it, my MVP would have been a piece of junk :-) you rock!

I had to rebuild the computer, so I installed everything new, including ZProcess2. With 1, I used to run Dirmon and convert all AVI's to JPG using:

zprocess.exe [filename] transcode Trans2MVP auto

It does not seem to work now. What do I need to change?

Thanks,
Guydot
Did you install mencoder?

guydot
2007-10-24, 07:28 PM
in the original message I wrote "convert to jpg" instead of mpeg - sorry (now changed).
I did install MEncoder. I just remembered that another issue is that Dirmon uses forward slashes instead of back slashes in the file path. I can't understand why!

zehd
2007-10-25, 06:45 AM
Yep. I remember adding code to work with dirmon with version 1. I know that I have not added that code to version 2 yet.

It has to do with dirmon not passing quotes wrapped around the input filename. I had to come up with something in 1 that actually was quite a kludge. I wanted to avoid that in 2.

I think there must be a syntax in dirmon that would force wrapping the arguments in quotes. If you could find that syntax it would be better. Or, you could use nested folders that do not have spaces. ZProcess parses out the passed arguments looking for quotes first and then parses based on spaces next.

You would have a command like

zprocess.exe "[filename]" transcode Trans2MVP auto