PDA

View Full Version : Problem Setting Up GBPVR - EPG Error Starting LiveTV

ToughRowToHoe
2007-09-06, 03:57 AM
Hi, I am trying to install GBPVR 1.0.16 in Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a Hauppauge 1600 and I have tried to set up two capture sources. One is using the Direct Recording Plugin and the EPG is MceEpg2XmlTv. The other is using the BDA Recording Plugin with no EPG. I keep getting the following error:

"No channels have been set up. Please run the Configuration utility and Setup the EPG source. Use the 'Update EPG' button to force the system to import the latest set of channel and program information."

I have the EPG source set to the XML output file from the MceEpg2XmlTv folder. I have purged and updated the EPG file several times in the config utility. It pulls up the correct channel information each time. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you.

sub
2007-09-06, 04:26 AM
If you running on vista, it maybe Windows file protection getting in the way. Try deleting c:\users\<account name>\appdata\local\virtualstore\program files\devnz\gbpvr.db3.

'appdata' is a hidden subdirectory, but definitely there.

ToughRowToHoe
2007-09-06, 05:36 AM
Yup, rebooted and worked. Thanks.

I do have another small question. Can I run GBPVR full screen without the window frame? I have "Show in Window Mode" unchecked, but I am still getting the window frame. Thanks again.

sub
2007-09-06, 05:42 AM
Try pressing Alt-Enter to toggle between Window mode and fullscreen.

ToughRowToHoe
2007-09-06, 06:00 AM
No, that doesn't really work. It goes from a frame up top to a frame on all sides. I have to turn in. Thanks for the quick answers.

sub
2007-09-06, 06:34 AM
Are you running PVRX2.exe or GBPVR.exe?

ToughRowToHoe
2007-09-06, 02:23 PM
I believe I am running GBPVR.exe, but I will check later. I've been using the shortcut the installer placed on the desktop, which leads into the blue menu with the TV Guide, Recordings, Search Guide tabs, etc. I'm just pressing the LiveTV tab. I don't believe I've changed any of the defaults in the config utility but I will check the Task Manager to see what is running.

sub
2007-09-06, 08:05 PM
Some poeple had that problem with the old GBPVR.exe interface on the Vista. Try the new PVRX2.exe interface - I'm sure it'll fill the screen.

ToughRowToHoe
2007-09-06, 09:05 PM
I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

ToughRowToHoe
2007-09-07, 04:35 AM
It does seem to be working. It is running full screen, but I'm getting quite a bit of stutter in the video. I don't recall seeing it in GBPVR, but I haven't really checked. I think I'll have to work on the settings. Thank you.