PDA

View Full Version : (no show details) in tv guide

the-warriners
2007-09-04, 05:36 PM
I am using latest version of PVRx2 and have an isse with my guide

Eveything displays as (no show details) apart from things that are due to record which show red and with the correct name.

Pending recordings seems to show the correct list.
The EPG reloads daily overnight.

I have got it to come right by rebooting the pc but it didnt last long and doesnt always fix it.

sub
2007-09-04, 07:34 PM
Have you checked you xmltv file has listings? It sounds like it doesnt.

the-warriners
2007-09-04, 07:53 PM
I just loaded the old gbpvr.exe and it was all fine. Going back to the new client and they were all ok again.
It seems quite intermittent.

sub
2007-09-04, 10:43 PM
Next time it happens, post the logs and I'll take a look.

I've not seen any other posts that make think there is a problem relating to this. It just looks like you've viewed the TV Guide at the wrong time (middle of EPG update, or immediately after 'Empty EPG').

pens18aj
2007-09-05, 12:09 AM
might not be the same issue as mine was, but when I change from Zap2it I got duplicate channels in my guide. It was showing the new ones at the top of the guide and showing no details but if I scrolled down the other ones did have the guide info. had to go into the config and clear out the duplicates.

found it here
under section
Channels Out of Order or Duplicated
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/YApi2XML

dvasco
2007-09-07, 12:18 AM
That happened to me too. I just deleted the tuner which then deleted the guide info, but also my recurring recordings. So now I have to do that all over again. After I redid the tuner and guide then the guide data showed up correctly, except for one thing which is in a different thread.

forzaKGB
2007-09-07, 08:52 AM
I have also noticed a similar behaviour, but the only time I get (no show details) is where there are no show details, i.e. there is no show at this time in the XMLTV file. I think it used to be blank and not saying (no show details).

I have not changed anything in my setup other than I have added another tuner card. I also cleared the DB (I did it by SQL and not via GBPVR) and that fixed another problem I had (where I could not view recordings other than using Video Archive, but that was probably me causing the problem while fiddling around in the DB renaming shows and clenaing up descriptions) but that did not fix this issue.

sub
2007-09-07, 07:26 PM
I have also noticed a similar behaviour, but the only time I get (no show details) is where there are no show details, i.e. there is no show at this time in the XMLTV file. I think it used to be blank and not saying (no show details).It is supposed to do this.