PDA

View Full Version : My Music

reven
2004-12-14, 11:04 PM
ok ive written the third in the "My" series. (yeah i called it a series :P). *anyway this is an alpha release, so much so, i will take it offline once 10 people have downloaded it, if you want it after then, you'll have to pm me.

im trying to get the interface right, and i dont want people just downloading it willy nilly. *only people that use mp3s etc hardcore please download this. *the interface needs a lot of work (wasnt an easy port like my pictures). that said, no skinners, no people that are just curious etc, please dont get this yet. *and if you're not comfortable with editing the config.xml file, dont get this (same editing as in "my pics"/"my vids" since i might add a few more features).

ok the warning/complaining/whatever is over with heres what it does
Rips CD audio to mp3 (with id3 tags) (aint it just cool!, well i think so)
Loads M3U, WPL (windows media playlists)/
Saves M3U playlists (no onscreen keyboard yet, so it saves the file from the system clock, xxxx number of milliseconds from 1973 (or whatever) .m3u so never will have the same name).
Shuffles (yes i said shuffles, whoohoo!) a playlist.
Plays mp3s (dah)
4 Different views (heres where i need help, people please give hardcore feedback).

Im going to add more features, just have to wait for the next release for sub to add a couple of methods to gbpvr. *So you can browse thru the playlist and choose a song to start from. also allowing to loop a playlist at the moment you cant, bugger.

oh yeah its an attachment so i know how many people have downloaded it :P

skinners its the same interface as my pics/my vids, so just skin those for now if you wish, nothing new in here.

You must download dbpowerAMP from www.dbpoweramp.com first (which rips the cd audio to mp3).

also pm me when you get this, if you want to see what im planning on doing with gbpvr (well want im trying to get it to do, you'll like it trust me http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif).

oh for some reason i forgot to credit you in the readme.txt tell me and ill fix it.

enjoy

ah crap i cant delete an attachment. bugger

sub
2004-12-14, 11:53 PM
What, no screen shot?

reven
2004-12-15, 12:20 AM
nah :P same interface just imagine it with a music graphic instead of video graphic.

i have to work on the interface, so thats the main reason. ive never seen a music interface i liked, xmbc, mediaportal etc i feel never got this right. hence the hardcore warning.

sub
2004-12-15, 12:21 AM
lol - fair enough...

reven
2004-12-15, 12:39 AM
just for sub
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~john.a/images/myvideos/mymusic.jpg
the ( ) around the tracknumber isnt the default i was just making sure it was configurable. by default it does tracknumber. song
also the graphics are quite crap, ill fix them later on.

hehe it says "My Pictures" didnt notice that, oh well.

Lucas_24
2004-12-15, 01:43 AM
I have a couple of RIO players in my house. If anyone doesn't know what they are, they're basically MVP that only play music, and have a tiny LCD screen. I use third party software on these and They created what I thought was a great interface, I'll try to explaing.

Menu 1:
-By Artist
-By Album
-By Genre

Select By artist:
-[Select All] { This selects all tracks from all artists }
-Artist1
-Artist2
-Artist3

Select Artist3:
-[Select all tracks] { This selects all tracks from this artist }
-[Album1]
-[Album2]
-[Album3]
-Track1 { These are all tracks from all the albums for this artist}
-Track2
-Track3

Select Album1:
-Track1 { These are the tracks from album1}
-Track3

from Menu1 if I selected by genre:
-[Select All]
-Rock
-Classic Rock
-Christmas

Select Christmas:
-[Select All]
-[ChristmasAlbum1]
-[ChristmasAlbum2]
-Track2
-Track4

Select ChristmasAlbum1:
-[Select All]
-Track2

Anyway you get the point, I'm not a big fan of playlists, And I thought this was a great way to navigate music. Anytime you select a track or group of tracks it just adds those tracks to the Q.

My 2 cents,
enjoy.

Edit, wanted to add the link to the software I use for these players in case someone was interested I did not understand what I was talking about

TRIO Front End (http://triot.sourceforge.net)

reven
2004-12-15, 02:01 AM
i dont really want to build a database thou, ive never thought these really work, xbmc has tried this, i hate it. i like the musicfolder\artist\album\songs structure, which is a basic file structure. i love playlists, i listen to the same playlist every night when i goto sleep (changes everyonce in a while).
so i doubt i will be doing anything with a database, which if you want to sort by genre, a database would be required. cause then you would have to build the database, and rebuild every time you add music, thats just is annoying (sure maybe one button, but it would take awhile, and its annoying, i hate it).

things i am going to add, just forgot about it, or wanted feedback, or something:
click play on a folder, plays every single song in that folder (in order, in case of sub folders, it will do a recursive search on em)
click add to playlist on folder (currently red button, but planning on making this configurable) same deal, but will add them to existing playlist.
will search for an mp3 with id3 tags in a folder and get the album/artist info from that and assume that this is correct. so if you have a folder called metallica/...and justice for all/one.mp3 it will get that id3 tag and in details view for the folder ..and justice for all display Artist : Metallica, Album: One, Year: 1989 (i think it came out then) Genre: Pop (:P).

just have to fiddle around with that, and see if people like that idea, or hate it (id3 tag info i mean, last to do list item)

if you hate it please say so. need feedback here, my brain is running out of ideas.

reven
2004-12-15, 02:49 AM
oh can you also report back to me the average time it takes to rip an audio cd to mp3. on one of my machines (celeron 2.4) it took about 20mins, and on another (celereon d 330) it took only 6 minutes. and theres only a really difference of around 600mhz between em. so just curious. oh and heres how it gets the info, kinda backwards but i had to do it this way for a few reason
step 1. rip cd to mp3
step 2. search freedb for cd info, if found step 4
step 3. search cd for cd text, if found step 4, if failed step 6.
step 4. rename mp3 with id3 info and update the id3 tags.
step 5. move the files and delete the temp path made.
step 6. eject the disc and finish.

i had to rip it first to ensure gbpvr regain focus after it ripped, theres no way of telling how long the freedb.org lookup, so using thread sleep then regain focus, didnt always work. and i couldnt do it at the same time, since the disc was being used.

but 6-20 mins for a complete cd to mp3s is a good time i feel. its using the lame encoder aswell.

nkh
2004-12-15, 03:11 AM
hmm, this may seam a bit random, but I hope you can see what I mean http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Red button on the hauppauge remote doesn't add songs to the playlist, only Ctrl+R. It would make more sense (for me) to use OK to add songs to the playlist, though it's good that it doesn't delete the playlist you just made.

In the (gbpvr-)playlist view it would be nice to sort by "original", if I make a play list I usualy pick the songs in the order I like so it would be nice to be able to return to that order. It would also be cool to be able to 'unshuffle' the playlist (sort of like depressing the shuffle button on a cd player).

It would also be nice is it could use files named default.jpg as folder images like the rest of GBpvr ;) and use the album image for the songs in the Icons/Big Icons/Details views if there isn't an image for that particular song (this would be really neat if you could use thoes views in the playlist too).

I know you want it to match your other My* plugins and that it would take a bit of time to read the info, but it would make more sense to have the track time on the right instead of the file size (file, list view).

Oh, I just ripped a cd (had dbpoweramp installed already), a great feature! works beautifully! There's only one small thing... I have my dvd drive behind a 'door' in my computer... so, could the 'eject cd after ripping' function be made optional? http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif Also, if you can get some information from dbpoweramp about the progress of the rip it would be nice to see it on the screen (like, 12%...).

The playlist in My Music doesn't transfer to the rest of GBpvr, if I select some songs in My Music and then goes to the main menu I can only stop the current song (not skip/play), and if I go to the Jukebox plugin it just starts playing a new song while gbpvr is still playing the song I selected in My Music. I do like that My Music remembers the playlist even if you press stop (I like it very much in fact), it just needs to be a bit more global in GBpvr http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

When I use GBpvr I like to listen to music when I'm in the menus/looking through the tv guide ect., so I like that the playlist doesn't get deleted when you press stop. If you watch a video and return to the menu the normal GBpvr playlist is gone, so it's great that the My Music playlist is still there, could you make it resume where you left when you return to the menus (automaticaly, but I guess that's something sub has to make possible)?

okay, I think that's about it for now, this textbox is getting way too small ;)

reven
2004-12-15, 03:26 AM
Quote[/b] (nkh @ Dec. 15 2004,16:11)]Oh, I just ripped a cd (had dbpoweramp installed already), a great feature! works beautifully! There's only one small thing... I have my dvd drive behind a 'door' in my computer... so, could the 'eject cd after ripping' function be made optional? http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif Also, if you can get some information from dbpoweramp about the progress of the rip it would be nice to see it on the screen (like, 12%...).
hehe i yeah i didnt think of that, ill add a "eject cd on rip" checkbox. * and theres absolutely no way of getting the progress information, dbpoweramp has no methods for getting this info, otherwise i would have included it. *if your cd rom is spinning its ripping when it stops spinning its getting the cd info from freedb.org, when it ejects its done. *thats about the best i can do, sorry.

um i have no idea why the playlist isnt getting transfered, im using the pluginhelper.getpluginhelper().addaudiotracktoplay list(filename) (or whatever the exact method is), so it should be global. *also you can save the playlist once you got it the way you like it, then shuffle it. but i might add the functionality to just randomly play a playlist, just have to figure the UI for that. i dont want to add any more buttons on the side, thats about the max i believe i could go.

length on the side instead of filesize, makes sense, ill look into it (not sure how to get this info is all, i dont know if UltraID3 can get this info. *maybe the length is in the file somewhere (in the header i mean) or there maybe a visual studio function to get this, but yeah i will do this. just got to figure it out.)

at the moment it looks for folder.jpg/folder.png for the folder images, not default. ive never heard of any program using default (just found out gbpvr uses default). ok ill add this to every plugin aswell but heres the order. *folder.jpg/folder.png/default.jpg/default.png/moviename.jpg (used in my videos when you grab the info from imdb.com)

sub you got any ideas what going wrong with the playlist? or anyone else got any ideas?

reven
2004-12-15, 04:24 AM
and bugger, i forgot to add the playlist directory to the config form. ill do another build today or tomorrow with the "eject cd" and "playlist dir" in the options, and hopefully have the mm:ss instead of filesize displayed. also ill do the default.jpg. and ill add the recursive stuff.

reven
2004-12-15, 12:24 PM
ive added all the features i posted so far. checkboxs for eject, duration instead of file size, red button on folder = add folder and all its contents to playlist (recursive search), play on folder same as add but wipes the playlist first. added the playlist dir to the config app, will look for default.jpg/png if folder.jpg/png arent found. you will have to edit the config.xml file once again to include the ejectcd, playlist tags. but hey thats your own fault for using an alpha release :P

ill upload the newer version tomorrow, well today, its 1.22am here (im tired). i just want anyone to think of how to display the folder info in details view, any thoughts ideas. all the info that will be displayed along side it will have to come from the id3 tags of mp3s found in its directory (only the first mp3 found will contribute to this info, otherwise it would take to long, and will only search that path, not its subdirs).

so thinking something like folder.jpg/default on left as usually, artist up the top left, album underneath it. then i dont konw. anyone got any ideas? if you do can you like draw an image and scan it in or make a little .jpg file or something and pm me it, or attach it here. ill give you credit and all.

this is one UI i really want to get right, as i said before, ive never seen a music ui ive liked.

oh and jorm how much code does your onscreen keyboard require? thinking of using it, just dont want to have to add lots of code to implement it.

ok tired now.

jorm
2004-12-15, 02:17 PM
It requires a fairly small amount of code.

Download the source for fast find from wiki. In the zip there are 3 files of interest.

FastFindTask (shows you how to use it)
KeyboardWidget
KeyboardListener

On the widget you call things like
keyboardWidget.OnDoubleClick(location)
keyboardWidget.Clear(); // to clear the current text
keyboardWidget.OnKeyDown(e)
keyboardWidget.render(g, currentGroupSelection == ControlGroupSelection.Keyboard); // the second param tells if focus is on the keyboard or not.

The listener interface requires the following callback methods.
public void enterSelected(string currentValue, bool completed)
public void keyboardCleared()

One tells you when the user has finished entering, the second when the user cleared the selection.

nkh
2004-12-15, 05:38 PM
Your changes sounds great http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif did you fix the 'red button' thing where the red button on the hauppauge remote doesn't add tracks to the playlist (I can only get Ctrl+r to do that)?

I just tried the cd I ripped last night in winamp, and it turns out that the tracks hadn't got any id3 tags... The files and dir's are named right though so My Music did get the info, it just never made it to the mp3 files. (If it makes any diffirence it's this cd I ripped "Psyched Up Janis - Enter The Super Peppermint Lounge", and non of the track names contains funny danish letters).

Quote[/b] ]i just want anyone to think of how to display the folder info in details view, any thoughts ideas.I like the large album cover at the left, then all the text on the right of it with something like:
--
Artist
Album name
Year - Genre
Total number of tracks - Total time of tracks (if it's not too time consuming to get that info)
--
(I think there's room for about 5 lines next to the album cover in the details view, so maybe you could (skinning people) show the Artist and Album name in a larger font than the rest. Or maybe show a line with bitrate info)

I'd also like an option to turn that info off on some dir's ('cos I have some dir's with various artists/albums).

I have expirimentet a bit more with the playlist isue. If I make a playlist in My Music and then goes to the main menu I can change tracks, but if I go to the jukebox plugin it starts to play another track (doesn't stop the track my music is playing, and it doesn't show the My Music playlist), I press Stop to stop both songs, then goes back to My Music and starts the playlist again, then goes to the main menu and press Skip I get this message "Error: Object reference not set to an instance og an object", the track I'm listening to continues to play, but the next track in the playlist doesn't play after this. If I then go back to My Music I can start the play list again, but if I troggle between Playlist and File List view the playlist is gone.

If I start in the jukebox plugin and makes a playlist, then goes to My Music, the playlist is there, I can change tracks, and the playlist is still there when I return to the jukebox plugin. I can even add tracks in My Music and the tracks are still there when I see the playlist in Jukebox. Though, if I select a specific track in the playlist in My Music, then goes to Jukebox it'll show the id3 info from the previous track and it'll also be the one that's highlighted, if I now change the track it'll take the next one after the highlighted one, not the one after the song I choose to listen to in My Music.

I'm not sure if that cleared anything up for you, but it seams like there's a problem if I start creating a playlist in My Music, I don't get errors if I add the first tracks somewhere else (I don't remember any problems like this with the Music Library+Jukebox plugin).

Also, a little request to the playlist view, could you highlight the track that's currently playing? Maybe also show Artist + Track name on the top of the screen next to the plugin name (My Pictures http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif ).

reven
2004-12-15, 10:41 PM
red button = ctrl-r
it works fine on my remote, using the new and old hauppauge remote. perhaps its not adding if there is not playlist already made (not sure, ill have to check later.)

total time would take to long (i think, ill do some tests, but it has to load the id3 tag editor to get the length, so perhaps it will be to long, perhaps i can load all that info and save it as a text file and then just read it from there, so only slow the first time)

not sure about turning it off, well not sure how this would be implemented. im a strong believer in good file structures, and if its a rip from a various artist cd, usually the id3 tags calls the artist various artist. so it *should* be alright.

everytime you goto playlist view, it grabs the playlist from gbpvr, so if its gone, it seems like it got wiped some how.

selecting a track in a playlist is perfect yet, i have to wait for sub to add a few methods to gbpvr first. so that bug i wont look into until these methods are there.

i dont think i can highlight the current playlist item until the methods are added aswell.

im going to make a panel for this aswell, so info like cdripping, playing blah blah blah can be displayed on the main menu. ill also add (well try, look into it anyway) a display to show which song is playing in "my music"

and ill fiddle around with the playlist bug.

keep up the comments, there're very useful. you think of stuff i wouldnt have, well i might have eventually.

oh and the id3 tag info, do you have (wait course you would can you just double check) the UltraID3Lib.dll in your gbpvr directory. ive ripped a few cds on two machines and the id3 tags are there. they are added before the files are renamed/moved (they start in a folder named the number of milliseconds after 1973 or something eg C:\cds\127473578644062500\ and all the files are called track01.mp3 track02.mp3 then id3 tags are done, then moved). so i have no idea why this isnt working, can you try a few cds, maybe its just a certain one, but ill look into it.

nkh
2004-12-16, 01:12 AM
I just tried ripping another cd, and this time it got the id3 tags so it was probably a one off problem the first time http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

The red button still doesn't work for me, I'm using the direct access if that makes any diffirence?

The jukebox plugin knows which song it's playing (even if you go out in the gbpvr menus and do something else), so maybe you can take the highlight current track from that?

Other than that (and the playlist issues http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif ) it looks great!

reven
2004-12-16, 10:30 AM
someone posted about the red button not working and they changed their batteries in the remote and that fixed the problem. try that. the red button (if you havent changed the irremote.ini file) should be sending ctrl-r to gbpvr. so its just the same as hitting ctrl-r on the keyboard. try using "my pictures" and see if the red button sorts the files. also try to see if there are any other places you could test your red button. its working perfect for me, so i cant fix a bug i cant see.

i havent gotten around to uploading the new version, since i went to the movies. i saw "saw" it was alright. and all day i was trying to get my 150 working with my 350 (nothing but headaches, at least one of them is going now. ill try and upload a newer version tonight, but err i dont know. i want to add a few more things to it before i upload it, get the details view going (ill just hardcode it and put the stuff in the skin once i got it right, also i want to use more composite images in the skin).

nkh
2004-12-16, 05:02 PM
I'm not using the Hauppauge IR software, I use the 'Direct access to Hauppauge remote' in GBpvr. But I just tried the Hauppauge IR software, and it works. So maybe it's a problem in GBpvr?

Hehe, you don't have to hurry, I have an exam tomorrow and a christmas lunch the day after, so I don't think I'll be able to test a new version before monday anyway http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

reven
2004-12-16, 11:05 PM
i just like releasing updates daily, well when i make them. i had to stop using direct access, it doesnt seem to work with the new remote and sensor (new sensor can work with both remotes). so old and new remote with direct access and new sensor = nothing happens. and there is some speed increases when not using direct access. just focus is a pain.

nkh are you a programmer? cause you could edit a simple plugin and edit the onkeypress and make it spit out a messagebox showing you the key code, when you press a button. to figure out what the red button is when using direct access. i cant test this anymore since it no longer works.

today ive decided to try and finish my updates to the weather plugin, get that out of the way.

nkh
2004-12-17, 01:53 AM
Ah, okay, that explains it!

I'm not much of a programmer, I have read the first chapters in C# for dummies but the last time I made a program was on a C64 in basic http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif I have been looking at some of the source codes for the plugins in SharpDevelop though, so I might give it a go next week if I have time.

DeanB
2004-12-17, 08:36 PM
Downloaded via the attachement so i guess this is the first release.

Love the layout and the flexibility of the lists/icons/big icons etc.

Wish list:-

Can we have a play button for none remote users, will be fine on my MVP, but on PC i like to use it for MP3 playback etc. and dont have a remote...

Also one of the problems i find with other plugins, and Hauppauge's own MVP software, when you look into a folder, when you come back to the main list, can you come back in the same place, i.e.

Look in the The Offsping folder, come back onto main list at the Offspring rather then 4 Hero.

I've got 258 objects and its a pain to go back up and down each time i drill down.

Also it seems to take around 15sec from the main GB-PVR screen to enter the My Music screen ?

Thanks

Dean.

reven
2004-12-18, 12:02 AM
when you come back, you are in the same place. theres only a bug if you double click on it then you dont come back to the same place, but with remote you do.

if you're not using a remote ctrl=p = play, ctrl-r = addtoplaylist

if its taking that long, either you've got a slow machine, or you should rethink you're file structure. ill try and tweak this, it searches for a folder.jpg/png/default.jpg/png for each folder to be displayed when you enter a directory and load these images, and well with 258 objects that would take awhile.

reven
2004-12-18, 03:45 AM
ok ive done a new build, fixed a few bugs
build #1.0.1813.34296 (http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/uploads/Plugin/mymusic.zip)
you'll have to edit the config.xml for some of the new features, eject cd, playlist dir etc.
DeanB can you check how long it takes to load now, it starts a new thread to get the directory images so the program should be able to run whilst its still loading.

it also displays an album image for the playing song, the song title, and the current time of the song. *it displays the length, i think i fixed a few more playlist bugs, but not 100% on this. *i probably fixed a few other bugs that i just forgot about. try it and see. *ill add the details view in the next release, i forgot about it in this one.

if the thread thing works well, ill implement the same feature in "My Pictures" when loading the thumbnails.

oh and i also updating the skin.xml to use more composite images. also i have to find a "defaultalbum art image" to display if no album art is found (have to google this). *at the moment it just uses an empty image. (i had one but i thought a few people would get their knickers in a twist if i released it :P)

find any bugs, have any bright ideas, just say so.

enjoy.

update: it now looks for a mp3 in a dir and gets the tag info for that for the folder (seperate thread so should run ok). gets artist,album,genre,year and displays that in Details view.

reven
2004-12-20, 06:22 AM
ive uploaded a new version to the wiki, i changed the "play" button to play a folder to "ctrl-o" which is the unnamed button on the original hauppauge remote. also the currently playing song in the playlist is selected (in the skin.xml file it looks for a composite image, so you can easily change it, presently its just a red selector, which is painted over the normal selector).

also shortcut keys now work, so if you press "g" it will jump to a folder/file begining with g eg "Green Day". to use this via the remote, go into the gbpvr configuration and select the checkbox (forget the name of it), its the one that lets you using the numbers like on a mobile phone and texting. i havent tried this, but i assume it works.

reven
2004-12-20, 01:45 PM
i uploaded a new version again, fixes some issues with saved playlists. when you now load a playlist and if there is a playlist in memory, that one is cleared and the new one loaded (stupid bug i didnt see before).

also fixed a shuffle bug, now when you shuffle the playlist, the current playing song is stopped, and the playlist is then shuffled, if the music wasnt stopped the currently playing song information was wrong.

im working on a "MusicPanel" it will be independent of "my music" so will, in theory, work with any music plugin. i just have to finish skinning it, but should be out in a day or two. will have #ARTIST# #SONGTITLE# #ALBUM# #TRACKNUMBER# tags, the current position of the song (2:38 mins into i mean), and also it will display an album image if found (or default one if none are found, this will be a composite image, so it can be blank if you wish).

it will get the currently playing song via the playlist in gbpvr. if anyone is interested.

DeanB
2004-12-20, 07:38 PM
Reven

First load of MyMusic now takes about 4/5 seconds, icons then load as your scroll or wait a couple of secs, the long pauses i am suffering from when viewing the playlist seem to relate to when it shows a playlist made up from a folder holding further folders i.e.

Root directory -
Al Jarreau -
Anastacia -
Anita Baker -
Duran Duran -
Folder containing - Album - Rio
Folder containing - Album - Duran Duran
Folder containing - Album - Seven and the Ragged Tiger

This causes GB-PVR to freeze for over 30secs and does the same each time you go from list view back to playlist.

Also coming out of a folder back to main list managed to get:-

"Error: Index was outside bounds of an array"

The double click out of a folder bug is still there always taking you back to start of list.

Mem Usage is consistantly 370,000k and start up of My Music has CPU usage around 85%. When playing music files it seemed to release mem usage back to around 90,000 but now stays in the high 300's making machine fairly unresponsive.

My Machine is an Athlon something with 512Meg ram, Music folder resides on network share.

Last odd thing is i have a m3u in a particular folder this has about 10 tracks in it, i have set this as the playlists folder in the config.

Keep up the good work !!

Dean.

mikedee
2004-12-20, 11:01 PM
Thanks a lot, Reven. This is the best audio plugin yet! Got it to play my .ape files which is great. Was wondering if it's possible with a new .dll to read my APEv2 tags. Apparently, IDE3s are the only ones that are read and it doesn't look as spiffy on MyMusic as it could.

No biggy. I'm more than satisfied the way it is, but if it's possible..... http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Thanks again,
Mike

reven
2004-12-21, 12:49 AM
mikedee, ive never heard of .ape files, but ill look into it a little later.

DeanB

Quote[/b] ]Last odd thing is i have a m3u in a particular folder this has about 10 tracks in it, i have set this as the playlists folder in the
whats the odd thing?

when you say

Quote[/b] ] the long pauses i am suffering from when viewing the playlist seem to relate to when it shows a playlist made up from a folder holding further folders i.e.
do you mean it takes a while to build the playlist from the folders? or when you have already built the playlist, and then you go a view it? how many items is it adding?

type "dxdiag" in run (off the start menu, or press the startbutton+r to popup the run box). it should show you what your processor is there.

can you recreate the "out of bounds" error, and send me your gbpvr.exe.log file.

DeanB
2004-12-21, 08:24 AM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Dec. 20 2004,19:49)]mikedee, ive never heard of .ape files, but ill look into it a little later.

DeanB

Quote[/b] ]Last odd thing is i have a m3u in a particular folder this has about 10 tracks in it, i have set this as the *playlists folder in the
whats the odd thing?

when you say

Quote[/b] ] the long pauses i am suffering from when viewing the playlist seem to relate to when it shows a playlist made up from a folder holding further folders i.e.
do you mean it takes a while to build the playlist from the folders? or when you have already built the playlist, and then you go a view it? how many items is it adding?

type "dxdiag" in run (off the start menu, or press the startbutton+r to popup the run box). it should show you what your processor is there.

can you recreate the "out of bounds" error, and send me your gbpvr.exe.log file.
Hi Reven

My odd thing with the m3u was long pauses to display the playlists, but that seems to have gone away. When i realised that i went to delete what i had typed and forgot http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

After i select the folder play ctrl-o - the audio starts within a couple of seconds, i then click on playlist to see what has been added, when i click on playlist the audio keeps going the gb-pvr freezes, and then 30 secs later the playlist screen appears. This was with about 40 objects displayed in the playlist.

What i havent tried is waiting before i press playlist, i shall try that tonight to see if that makes a difference.

thanks for the dxdiag tip -good way of gleaming system info. Its an Athlon XP 2800+

I'll try to create the out of bounds again tonight.

Dean.

reven
2004-12-21, 09:14 AM
the playlist has to scan every file for the id3 info, so this can take awhile, it should be much quicker on your machine, ill see if i can tweak this. ill add an option to display the actual file name in the playlist (minus the extension) since playlists can get quite large, and scanning the id3 tags would take awhile.

saintalan
2005-02-17, 11:06 PM
Excuse me I am new to the MediaPVR and have readily ditched the software in favour of GBPVR and indeed MY Music. Looks great.

However I am not clear on a couple of issues.
1 Do I have to have dbpoweramp if I dont want to rip from it?
2 I would prefer to use my iTunes but only get 00 showing as track info.

Many THanks

Alan

reven
2005-02-17, 11:20 PM
1. try to use my music without it and see if it works (i havent done this, not sure if you need it to for it to work, sorry).
2. if the track is showing up as 00 then the tag information (in the files header) is incorrect (or the tag reader in my music isnt perfect, smeghead wrote the tag info for ogg,ape and wma, we tested it and no one has said they have had an error with it, so chances are the file header is incorrect, download a program called "music tagger" from download.com to correct the header (the header info isnt read from the itunes file, just the playlists)).

saintalan
2005-02-18, 09:49 AM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 17 2005,18:20)]1. try to use my music without it and see if it works (i havent done this, not sure if you need it to for it to work, sorry).
2. if the track is showing up as 00 then the tag information (in the files header) is incorrect (or the tag reader in my music isnt perfect, smeghead wrote the tag info for ogg,ape and wma, we tested it and no one has said they have had an error with it, so chances are the file header is incorrect, download a program called "music tagger" from download.com to correct the header (the header info isnt read from the itunes file, just the playlists)).
Thanks Reven for the swift response. I am impressed with your project and your support. Thanks.

I can confirm that all seems to be fine NOT using dbpoweramp (I am not ripping via MM)

I agree about the tags. It appears if you Rip via iTunes (PC) they appear as 00. I have ripped via EAC/LAME to MP3 and then copy to iTunes Directory structure and so far appears fine in My Music. I will try out if they still work OK then in Playlist although I have not played with these much as yet.

A further ?...in the wiki it says "Unnamed Button Ctrl-O Play a file/Play every mp3 in the selected directory" I have an MVP and can not seem to find it, or does it mean NO button?

Thanks again

Alan

reven
2005-02-18, 10:35 AM
the "no named button" is on the silver 34 button remote (next to "mute" and "full" and above "play"), this is the only remote where this button appears (i think, it may be on the really old black remote, ive never seen one of these, just heard of em). "no" button? not on silver 34, and not on silver 45 button remote, never heard of it. ill add a button for the 45 button remote so it will work.

saintalan
2005-02-18, 11:53 AM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 18 2005,05:35)]the "no named button" is on the silver 34 button remote (next to "mute" and "full" and above "play"), this is the only remote where this button appears (i think, it may be on the really old black remote, ive never seen one of these, just heard of em). *"no" button? not on silver 34, and not on silver 45 button remote, never heard of it. * ill add a button for the 45 button remote so it will work.
Thanks again. Can't believe I couldn't see it!

Sorry to confuse I didn't mean there was a NO button, just meant 'perhaps there was not a button.'

Thanks again

Alan

Daks
2005-02-24, 02:42 PM
I'm having a few issues that have me wondering if they're known or just something odd on my end. *I downloaded from the Wiki last night, so that's the version I'm using.

1. When I save a playlist, it doesn't show up in My Music until I close GBPVR and re-open it. *This also happens if I save a playlist from another application to the configured directory.

2. When saving a playlist, it seems a lot of keys are unresponsive on the pop-up keyboard and those same keys aren't recognized when pressed on the keyboard. *I usually save my playlists as "Artist - Album" but the hyphen isn't accepted by My Music. *I hit the "Shift" key and try adding the hyphen from there, but it just ignores the key press. *Further, some characters seem to cause the "Done" button to not function. *For example, I used an underscore instead of a hyphen and hitting Done or just Enter did nothing. *I had to remove special characters to get it to save.

3. CD Ripping. *I've got dbPowerAmp installed, but selecting the Rip option with a CD in the drive doesn't get anywhere. *I've set the drive, rip options, and directories in config, but still get nothing. *The button changes to "Cancel Rip", but no files are showing up in the directory I set up in config.

saintalan
2005-02-24, 06:03 PM
A continuation of a newbies musings!

I am using My Music genrerally pretty well and building a library (via careful Folder/File use & iTunes for ease of browsing/playlist-creation/maintenance etc) at the same time.

As such I have a few observations.

1 As mentioned before, if exiting to Main Menu whilst playing a playlist, the current track becomes the last.

2 Because I have an .m3u in my folder I get a nice icon (extra item) at the end of the album tracks which if I select becomes a playlist for that album (which is great), however if I hit the SELECT R/C button, the screen flashes 2/3 times and then the STOP ICON flashes twice and then the track stops and I have to use SELECT again to start. NOTE the PLAY R/C button does NOT functioin.

3 If in 2 above I hit the STOP R/C button the system reboots and searches for servers again. Of course it may be I am making use of a feature that does not exist! However it is/would be a great feature.

Thanks for the MyMusic and the support!

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-02-25, 12:19 AM
daks:

Quote[/b] ]1. When I save a playlist, it doesn't show up in My Music until I close GBPVR and re-open it. This also happens if I save a playlist from another application to the configured directory.
ill fix this so it refreshs the playlists when you click the save playlist or playlists button.

Quote[/b] ]2. When saving a playlist, it seems a lot of keys are unresponsive on the pop-up keyboard and those same keys aren't recognized when pressed on the keyboard. I usually save my playlists as "Artist - Album" but the hyphen isn't accepted by My Music. I hit the "Shift" key and try adding the hyphen from there, but it just ignores the key press. Further, some characters seem to cause the "Done" button to not function. For example, I used an underscore instead of a hyphen and hitting Done or just Enter did nothing. I had to remove special characters to get it to save.
i kept getting funny bugs when trying to use speical keys with the keyboard, eg ( gave me a smiley face instead of "(" etc, so i just stuck to the letters, its designed to work best with a remote.

Quote[/b] ]3. CD Ripping. I've got dbPowerAmp installed, but selecting the Rip option with a CD in the drive doesn't get anywhere. I've set the drive, rip options, and directories in config, but still get nothing. The button changes to "Cancel Rip", but no files are showing up in the directory I set up in config.
you need to put the dll "dMCScripting.dll" into gbpvr root directory, it should be in the dbpoweramp directory(most likely "C:\program files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\dMCScripting.dll").

saintalan

Quote[/b] ]1 As mentioned before, if exiting to Main Menu whilst playing a playlist, the current track becomes the last
this doesnt happen on my end, try it on the pc and not on the mvp and see if you get the same result.

Quote[/b] ]2 Because I have an .m3u in my folder I get a nice icon (extra item) at the end of the album tracks which if I select becomes a playlist for that album (which is great), however if I hit the SELECT R/C button, the screen flashes 2/3 times and then the STOP ICON flashes twice and then the track stops and I have to use SELECT again to start. NOTE the PLAY R/C button does NOT functioin.
it could be a timeout thing on the mvp, go into the configuration app, and for the playlist mask in my music change it to "%FILENAME%" this way the playlist will just display the filename, and it wont have to look up the music tag information (this is a lot quicker).

saintalan
2005-02-25, 08:31 AM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 25 2005,00:19)]saintalan

Quote[/b] ]1 As mentioned before, if exiting to Main Menu whilst playing a playlist, the current track becomes the last
this doesnt happen on my end, try it on the pc and not on the mvp and see if you get the same result.
[/quote]

OK, it works on the PC, but what does that mean?

Also how do you STOP on the PC, I cant find any key!

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-02-25, 08:53 AM
on pc
stop = {ctrl}s
play = {ctrl}p
pause = {ctrl}q

Quote[/b] ]OK, it works on the PC, but what does that mean?
it means i dont have a MVP, i can only test it on a pc. the MVP does have some strange bugs to it, which i will never be able to test and try and fix; i think its a gbpvr issue with the mvp, since it works fine on th PC.

ro76
2005-02-25, 11:33 AM
Just a quick question:

Is it possible to change the remote key mapping? I am using a universal remote with my MVP, and would like to change the skip and noname button to another key.

Thanks,

Ro

reven
2005-02-25, 11:39 AM
im not sure if its possible with a MVP, i know you can on a pc with the hauppauge remote, but no idea if you can for the MVP, sorry.

ro76
2005-02-25, 11:45 AM
Thanks. That was a lightening fast reply!

How is it done on the PC? I might give it a try.

Ronan

reven
2005-02-25, 11:50 AM
in the windows directory there is a file called "irremote.ini" and in that file (near the bottom) there is a "[gb-pvr]" section, just change the mappings in there, eg for play it is {ctrl}p.

this is for the irremote software, so im pretty sure it wont work the same way with the mvp.

saintalan
2005-02-25, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Quote ]OK, it works on the PC, but what does that mean?.

Quote[/b] ]
it means i dont have a MVP, i can only test it on a pc. *the MVP does have some strange bugs to it, which i will never be able to test and try and fix; i think its a gbpvr issue with the mvp, since it works fine on th PC.

Thanks Reven

Is there anything that can be done, does anybody else have any ideas, or workarounds?

This is great software but my sole aim is to use the MVP via the TV with a remote control, but I cant use stop and play buttons.

I really like the customised filelists/layouts etc.

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-02-26, 07:07 AM
there isnt a lot i can do, unless someone wants to buy me a MVP, i need someone to try and figure out the problem and see if i can actually do anything to fix it; sub may know the answer.

saintalan
2005-02-26, 06:46 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 26 2005,07:07)]there isnt a lot i can do, unless someone wants to buy me a MVP, i need someone to try and figure out the problem and see if i can actually do anything to fix it; sub may know the answer.
Reven, I am really keen this works as it has the hallmark of a great product. I have a technical backround but (probably) not educated in the tools you use BUT I am happy to do any learning and do testing & feedback, if this would help.

BTW what part of the world are you in? I am UK.

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-02-26, 11:53 PM
im in NZ, quite a few of here are from nz, go figure.

darrin75
2005-02-27, 01:18 AM
Cool, lord of the rings was filmed there awesome, love to visit...

saintalan
2005-02-27, 09:23 AM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 26 2005,23:53)]im in NZ, quite a few of here are from nz, go figure.
REven

No problem, so can I help?

Alan

reven
2005-02-27, 10:10 AM
nah not much you can do, other than test if it acts similar with all the music plugins.

saintalan
2005-02-27, 07:36 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 27 2005,10:10)]nah not much you can do, other than test if it acts similar with all the music plugins.
OK Reven when I get a chance I will compare with others.

Meanwhile Iget around the STOP not working by keyong OK to STOP & again to START.

Re the Playlists can you help explain.

My Playlist looks exactly the same as the FILE list, only difference is selecting OK does not do anything.

Thanks

Alan

saintalan
2005-03-01, 11:48 AM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Feb. 27 2005,10:10)]nah not much you can do, other than test if it acts similar with all the music plugins.
Reven Hi, I spent yesterday having a good look at My Music (MyM) compared to the basic GBPVR Music library (ML). I also spent some time understanding Playlists and how they interact with iTunes. This in itself although not to do with My Music can get confusing.

All my testing is NOT via PC but using the MVP with a TV (Plasma)

Function:PLAY ALL
- ML Only by Album (via Menu only)
- MyM All Dirictories (via Unamed Button on RC)

Function:STOP via RC
-ML Flashes x3 and stops
-MyM Flashes x3 and stops or reboots 50/50

Function:SELECT to PLAY another track during PLAY
-ML Perfect
-MyM STOPS track sometimes reboots and key again to PLAY

Function:PLAYLIST
-ML None
-MyM Good (works with M3U in File Dir & XML in iTunes Dir)

Function:SCREENSAVER
-ML Perfect
-MyM Only from Main menu but when in main menu any playlist will STOP at the end of the current track

This really is the best of the bunch regarding File & Folder customisation, for any level, any item youcan choose one of 4 styles.

My major problem is with NO SCREENSAVER as I have to be wary of Screen Retention/Burn In with a Plasma.

Really appreciate the plug in and your support.

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-03-01, 12:02 PM
there wont be any screen saver, since the screen is constantly being redrawn to show the counter. i presume this would also be the case ifyou used the "music panel". did you test if loading a playlist with ML and then going to the main menu if it continued to play?

saintalan
2005-03-01, 12:11 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 01 2005,12:02)]there wont be any screen saver, since the screen is constantly being redrawn to show the counter. *i presume this would also be the case ifyou used the "music panel". *did you test if loading a playlist with ML and then going to the main menu if it continued to play?
Yes ML main menu continues to play the list.

Would it be possible to have the counter/screensaver as an option?

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-03-01, 12:17 PM
hmm weird, i assume my music and music lib plays the music exactly the same way (since both using gbpvr to play the music). nah it wouldnt be possible to have counter/screensaver option, you'll probably just have to wait for sub to add the screensaver to gbpvr, or sub said hes doing a major upgrade to music lib, and just use the newer version of that.

saintalan
2005-03-01, 12:21 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 01 2005,12:17)]...and just use the newer version of that.
Are you saying go back to using musiclib instead of mydatabase?

reven
2005-03-01, 12:39 PM
im saying chances are i wont be able to fix the problem, i cant test to see whats causing the problem, i may fix the problem (but i have no idea when that will be). sub can test music lib with the mvp since he has one.

i assume you mean mymusic and not mydatabase.

reven
2005-03-01, 12:47 PM
there is one more thing you could try, my pictures has the ability to load and play a m3u playlist. load a playlist with my music, save it. point the my picture playlists directory to the same one my music uses. then load the playlist with my pictures return to the main menu and see if it continues to play.

saintalan
2005-03-01, 12:50 PM
More MVP/TV testing

When using the PLAY ALL function or a PLAYLIST...if you switch to another selection it will, from there on, start each subsequent selection on the 2nd item.

Thanks

Alan

saintalan
2005-03-01, 12:52 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 01 2005,12:02)]there wont be any screen saver, since the screen is constantly being redrawn to show the counter...
I'm confused here Reven, I dont have any counters showing, the dispays are static.

Alan

reven
2005-03-01, 01:28 PM
there should be a counter that displays the current track position in my music eg "2:02" "2:03" "2:04" ...

saintalan
2005-03-01, 01:36 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 01 2005,12:47)]there is one more thing you could try, my pictures has the ability to load and play a m3u playlist. *load a playlist with my music, save it. *point the my picture playlists directory to the same one my music uses. * then load the playlist with my pictures return to the main menu and see if it continues to play.
Good News/Bad News & Interesting News!

Good News - The playlist from MyPictures activates Screensaver and plays the next track WITHOUT going to Main Menu

Bad News - Going to Main Menu stops at the current track but you do get the screensaver http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Interesting News - Selecting the M3U in MyP starts the selection without going to the LOAD PLAYLIST sub menu

I did not realise that selecting and saving a XML playlist and renaming it gives you a simple M3U with full dir path http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Cheers

Alan

saintalan
2005-03-01, 01:47 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 01 2005,13:28)]there should be a counter that displays the current track position in my music eg "2:02" "2:03" "2:04" ...
Nope.the first track (sometimes) seems to set to ZERO and the rest remain at their starting length throughout. In single or multiplay, no difference.

reven
2005-03-01, 01:47 PM
Quote[/b] ]Interesting News - Selecting the M3U in MyP starts the selection without going to the LOAD PLAYLIST sub menu
i wrote my pictures and added the playlist support to it before i began working on my music. and well the only real option is to "play" every other option should be kept in my music (seems silly to burn a audio cd from a pictures plugin).

Quote[/b] ]I did not realise that selecting and saving a XML playlist and renaming it gives you a simple M3U with full dir path
once the playlist is in memory, and you save it, my music will save it as a basic m3u version 1 playlist (ie a simple text file with a absolute filename printed on each line). if you save all your itunes playlists this way, loading them will be much quicker (well you wont have to wait the initial 10 seconds or so it takes you when you open up a itunes playlist, you can thank the poor itunes xml schema for this).

Quote[/b] ]Good News - The playlist from MyPictures activates Screensaver and plays the next track WITHOUT going to Main Menu
well they are both using a really basic method of playing the files (addAudioFileToQueue()) which is just the basic way of playing a music file, i havent heard of your problem from anyone else, so it maybe unique to your machine, if its not can someone else please verify they are having the same issue, if they are ill talk to sub and see if he knows whats going on.

also try the "musicalbum" plugin (or a new one called "music" found on the wiki, the author never posted a post telling anyone about thou, i just found it by accidently clicking on the link) and see if that has the same main menu issue.

saintalan
2005-03-01, 01:56 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 01 2005,13:47)]
Quote[/b] ]Good News - The playlist from MyPictures activates Screensaver and plays the next track WITHOUT going to Main Menu
well they are both using a really basic method of playing the files (addAudioFileToQueue()) which is just the basic way of playing a music file, i havent heard of your problem from anyone else, so it maybe unique to your machine, if its not can someone else please verify they are having the same issue, if they are ill talk to sub and see if he knows whats going on.

also try the "musicalbum" plugin (or a new one called "music" found on the wiki, the author never posted a post telling anyone about thou, i just found it by accidently clicking on the link) and see if that has the same main menu issue.
Just to confirm, that screensaver does activate in My Music but only when a selection has finished.

appreciate your support

Alan

reven
2005-03-01, 05:15 PM
to make up for me being a prick towards my music requests, i fix this for you (well i made it so the current time/album art/song title can be turned off so the screensaver will work when your in my music).

if this by chance doesnt work, well bugger. but in theory it should work. download from the wiki. that was the only change (oh by default it is displayed, so you'll have to configure it in the config app).

Daks
2005-03-02, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the responses, Reven.

The rip problem is resolved. And I can dig the playlist thing. I've got an easy enough work around.

As for the refresh issue, would that refresh the music directories as well? They're not updating without a restart of GBPVR either.

Great plugin, despite these minor issues.

reven
2005-03-02, 11:39 AM
Quote[/b] ]As for the refresh issue, would that refresh the music directories as well

the only place that mightnt refresh is the virtual root (or the root if you are only using one folder) but every folder off of that should be updated each time you enter it.

saintalan
2005-03-02, 12:19 PM
I have now added a few album covers using folder.jpg etc, works fine however on my first dir level its fine but on the next the icons do not show the pics unless you scroll then they all appear.

Is there any way to include your own icon for a playlist?

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-03-02, 12:24 PM
Quote[/b] ]Is there any way to include your own icon for a playlist?
nope.

Quote[/b] ]I have now added a few album covers using folder.jpg etc, works fine however on my first dir level its fine but on the next the icons do not show the pics unless you scroll then they all appear.

the album art/album info is on a seperate thread, once the thread is complete it will refresh the screen and all the album info will be shown, scrolling forces a refresh, and displays the info for the information that has already been found. i had to put it on another thread, incase if you had say 200different albums, it could take around 20secs to do the entire scan, and thus you would be waiting about 20seconds for the directory to change.

saintalan
2005-03-02, 01:16 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 02 2005,12:24)]the album art/album info is on a seperate thread, once the thread is complete it will refresh the screen and all the album info will be shown...
Thanks Reven,

When does the thread complete, with 10 items the screensaver sets in before any dispay, so at least 1 minute.

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-03-02, 01:25 PM
the thread finishes once its scanned every folder (not subfolders) for a music file (either mp3/wma/ogg/ape, the first one found) and a folder.jpg/png default.jpg/png to display the info. if no images/music files are found, it just continues. on my machine with about 50 folders it takes about 5 -10seconds to complete the thread.

saintalan
2005-03-02, 02:14 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 02 2005,13:25)]the thread finishes once its scanned every folder (not subfolders) for a music file (either mp3/wma/ogg/ape, the first one found) and a folder.jpg/png default.jpg/png to display the info. *if no images/music files are found, it just continues. *on my machine with about 50 folders it takes about 5 -10seconds to complete the thread.
Ah! so if I have 3 levels and no mp3 files until the 3rd level, the are you saying the 2nd level will not show folder.jpg unless you scroll?

Under my root dir I have Artist/Album/mp3

The Artist icon shows immediately the Album does not show until I scroll.

Daks
2005-03-02, 02:32 PM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 02 2005,06:39)]the only place that mightnt refresh is the virtual root (or the root if you are only using one folder) but every folder off of that should be updated each time you enter it.
I can live with that. Thanks, Reven.

reven
2005-03-02, 02:40 PM
Quote[/b] ]Ah! so if I have 3 levels and no mp3 files until the 3rd level, the are you saying the 2nd level will not show folder.jpg unless you scroll?

Under my root dir I have Artist/Album/mp3

The Artist icon shows immediately the Album does not show until I scroll.

if you have no image/music file in music/Artist then nothign should show up eg
D:\music\artist\song.mp3 not D:\music\artist\album\song.mp3, it has to be directly in that folder.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (reven @ Mar. 02 2005,06:39)
the only place that mightnt refresh is the virtual root (or the root if you are only using one folder) but every folder off of that should be updated each time you enter it.

I can live with that. Thanks, Reven.
cool, i love it when i dont have to do anything.

saintalan
2005-03-03, 10:14 AM
Quote[/b] (reven @ Mar. 02 2005,14:40)]if you have no image/music file in music/Artist then nothign should show up eg
D:\music\artist\song.mp3 not D:\music\artist\album\song.mp3, it has to be directly in that folder.
Reven Hi, more on this folder.jpg refresh. As you say it works for you (on the PC) but not for me on the MVP.

Here's the situation:

Folder Structure

Root
Artist
Album
Song

Each artist folder contains a jpg and displays fine without scrolling.

Each Album within an Artist has a jpg, these do not show at all without scrolling UNLESS you place an mp3 in the Artist folder and then it will show the first album jpg but not the rest.

Thanks

Alan

OscarL
2005-03-03, 02:41 PM
Hi,
I have my music arranged as
Root
-Artist
-- Album

I have noticed that if I first sort the Artist list alphabetically and then go down one level into a Artist directory and then back up again the sorting order have changed. It is no longer in alphabetical order.
I haven't seen anyone else reporting this so maybe it's a setup thing. But I don't understand how to set it up.
This appears both on the pC as well as on my MVP

Regards
Oscar

saintalan
2005-03-03, 03:55 PM
Quote[/b] (OscarL @ Mar. 03 2005,14:41)]...I have noticed that if I first sort the Artist list alphabetically and then go down one level into a Artist directory and then back up again the sorting order have changed. It is no longer in alphabetical order...
Oscar Hi

Well I just tried on my PC (the wife's occupying the TV http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif ) and can't help much as I tried the sort on all levels and only on track size or date did it change anything.

By default, isnt it Alpha anyway as its the order of the File Directory you have. Of course this means artists are in order of first name unless you switch them around but then it looks funny when viewing! Not quite decided what do do yet.

Because I have 400+ albums I am trying a drill down structure eg
12 items on the first level, such as 2/3 fave artists for me and the wife plus an A-Z etc and then similar themes at sub levels, this does mean more drilling to get where you want for non frequent albums/tracks etc but I think that is still preferable to going through lots of pages.

Testing so far has thrown up no problems other than the Folder.jpg refresh issue. My Music does compliment this because you can choose the view of each folder and subs etc

Cheers

Alan

reven
2005-03-03, 08:47 PM
Quote[/b] ]Each Album within an Artist has a jpg, these do not show at all without scrolling UNLESS you place an mp3 in the Artist folder and then it will show the first album jpg but not the rest.

wasnt aware of this, but ill look into it.