PDA

View Full Version : dvd to mpeg issue

pastro
2007-04-28, 04:13 AM
I tried to rip a DVD tonight and it never seemed to start so I used to ctrl enter to go to windowed mode and dvd decrypter had a dialog up about region protection being found. I selected the US and hit ok, in about 5 seconds gbpvr crashes, and the DVD ejects. Any ideas?
EDIT: Tried it again and it did the same thing. This time I noticed that the information screen from VA moved very quickly from step 1 to 3 after I set the region and then popped the menu to rip a DVD again, and about a second later GBPVR crashed.

groover km
2007-04-28, 04:27 AM
Without knowing the DVD it's hard to say, but this sounds like maybe the sony arcoss encoding. Try ripping it with DVD Fab Decrypter outside of gbpvr, or searching the videohelp.com forum.

pastro
2007-04-28, 04:40 AM
Without knowing the DVD it's hard to say, but this sounds like maybe the sony arcoss encoding. Try ripping it with DVD Fab Decrypter outside of gbpvr, or searching the videohelp.com forum.

Night at the museum. It's ripping ok outside of GBPVR.
I'm using version 3.5.4.0 of DVD decrypter

groover km
2007-04-28, 04:47 AM
Hmm. Doesn't VA invoke DVD Decrypter as a parameter line? May be that is the cause of the issue. To be honest, I have never had much success ripping DVDs through gbpvr and have always done this outside.

Sorry - not much help I'm afraid.

pastro
2007-04-28, 05:04 AM
Hmm. Doesn't VA invoke DVD Decrypter as a parameter line? May be that is the cause of the issue. To be honest, I have never had much success ripping DVDs through gbpvr and have always done this outside.

Sorry - not much help I'm afraid.

yes it does invoke through command line. I normally use DVD shrink but I was trying to rip to a single MPEG. Do you have a batch file to rip a DVD to mpeg?

pBS
2007-04-29, 04:14 AM
the command should be in the logs somewhere, try it outside and see if it works..
also, you may want to set the default region in decrypter so it won't ask you which one...[probably the source of crash]

pastro
2007-04-29, 05:05 AM
the command should be in the logs somewhere, try it outside and see if it works..
also, you may want to set the default region in decrypter so it won't ask you which one...[probably the source of crash]

It looks like I have region 1 set as the default region, but DVDDecrypter still asks. Can't look at it tonight since my daughter took it with her. I'll look at it further tomorrow.
Thanks.

Jeff
2007-04-29, 05:15 AM
Look in the Tools/Settings menu on the Gneral tab and make sure that you don;t have any of the items in the lower right in the "Other" group checked.

Jeff

pastro
2007-04-29, 05:34 AM
Look in the Tools/Settings menu on the Gneral tab and make sure that you don;t have any of the items in the lower right in the "Other" group checked.

Jeff

They were all set. I'll post back tomorrow once I get the DVD back. Thanks for the help.

pastro
2007-04-29, 07:19 PM
I unchecked all of the items on the right but I still get a GPF in GBPVR. The three steps are executed very fast, and the GPF pops up after that.
I've attached the portion of the log that showed the error.
If anyone has an ideas please let me know.

pastro
2007-04-30, 03:14 AM
This is the command line that runs dvddecrypter from VA but it only takes a few seconds to run and it closes. I get a GPF shortly after if I run from GBPVR.

C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDDecrypter.exe" /mode ifo /src D:\ /vts 1 /pgc 1 /demux 0xe0 0x80 0xa0 0x80 /dest "C:\Temp\" /split none /start /overwrite yes

The run creates four files in c:\temp

VTS_01 - Stream Information.txt 1kb
VTS_01_1 - 0x80 - Audio - AC3 - 2ch - 48kHz - DRC.AC3 0kb
VTS_01_1 - 0xE0 - Video - MPEG-2 - 720x480 (NTSC) - 16~9 - Pan-Scan.M2V 8kb
VTS_01_0.IFO 18kb

The files are all fairly small, so it can't be ripping correctly.
EDIT: THe command switch pgc /1 looks to be the trouble. There are 5 VTS_00 thru VTS_05. Each one has a PGC 1, but for some reason the pgc /1 switch only runs on VTS_00, How does VA determine which VTS to use?
EDIT AGAIN: Actually it appears the switch vts /1 is probably forcing it to read the wrong vts. Why does it pick only the first vts?
If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

elbryyan
2007-11-19, 03:47 PM
The actual movie may be on another VTS / PCG than the VTS1 /PCG1 I think that are set up in the config. I've had to change the command line parameters for a few movies that are set up this way before running the conversion process. In essence you might be ripping the 10 sec security warning or somthing to that nature. Open DVD decrypter manually and see if you can spot one that should be the correct length for the movie. If it is not the first one then you will have to change the parameters in the config utility.