PDA

View Full Version : Media MVP stuck on "contacting servers"

javalina
2004-12-04, 11:41 PM
I have got the gbpvr service running fine on my computer, I can record programs and view them from the computer. I cannot get GBPVR to come up on the Media MVP box on my tv though.

It gets stuck on the "contacting servers" phase of boot up. I do have GBPVR running as a service. I can get the Hauppauge software to come up on Media MVP and I can even watch shows that GBPVR has recorded on my TV though the Media MVP.

I am running windows xp service pack 2 with firewall disabled. How do I get the Media MVP to boot GBPVR?

I am running .227. I uninstalled .238 thinking that that might have been my problem.

I did a search of the forums for "contacting server" but that didn't get me any answers. How can I get it to boot?

Thanks,

Javalina

jquinlan
2004-12-05, 12:38 AM
When you disable the original MVP software you need to have a DHCP server so the MVP can get an IP address, the rest is handled by GBPVR. Most people use a cable/DSL router for thier DHCP services.

javalina
2004-12-05, 06:16 PM
I am able to ping the Media MVP device. It has been given 192.168.1.11 When I unplug the power from the device the pings time out. When I plugged the Media MVP back in I get "Contacting MediaMVP Bootserver" instead of "contacting server" What am I missing here?

I am guessing that the change in message is the MediaMVP trying to load a rom image. Am I shutting down too much of the Hauppauge software?

Thanks,

Javalina

sub
2004-12-05, 06:17 PM
moved...

lseats
2004-12-06, 02:05 AM
Go into the config program under playback and make sure you have the number of MVP servers to start set to 1 instead of 0.

2004-12-06, 06:23 PM
I am having the exact same issue. The MVP server to start is set to 1. I have a DHCP server on the network. But the MVP keeps saying "contacting bootserver", then "contacting DHCP server", then "contacting bootserver" ... forever.

As soon as I start the happauge software, it works. Then everything works afterwards as long as I don't reboot MVP.

2004-12-08, 01:07 AM
I'm having the same problem, but mine just started happening after installing the latest version (2.3.11). The last version didn't have this problem...

Lerxst

sub
2004-12-08, 01:11 AM
Stop the Hauppauge MVP software
Change the GB-PVR config to auto start 'zero' servers.
Click Start -> Program -> GB-PVR -> GB-PVR MediaMVP Server
Wait 30 seconds, then email c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\gbpvr.exe.log

jwells
2004-12-08, 04:28 PM
MVP works fine for a while for me but then switches to 'contacting servers' and never comes back. There isn't anything in particular that I'm doing that seems to cause it. I used to think that GBPVR interface running on the CPU at the same time had something to do with it so I tried the GBPVR server without it. Same thing. If I shut down the server and restart it it works again for a while. Resetting the recording service does nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

sub
2004-12-08, 04:43 PM
Reproduce the problem them email the log to me at support@devnz.com

javalina
2004-12-09, 12:45 AM
Ok, I got mine to work just by changing the servers number. I really don't remember changing it to begin with. Anyway everything is working great now. I appreciate all the help you guys have given me.

Thanks,

Javalina