PDA

View Full Version : "Initializing" TV Channels

eurojojo
2003-12-17, 01:24 PM
In installed version 005 and it works more or less smoothly now. I will report small issues in a separate report.

"Big" issue is that I can not get LiveTV working. I only get a freezing screen with "Initializing TV Channel".

I investigated this more closely. Important to know is that WinTVCap works perfectly. I use a separate scheduler with WinTVCap and it has been recording shows for two weeks now without problems.

I noticed that when selecting the first channel in my list the small WinTVCap icon in the status bar hints that it is recording from channel 67. When I select the third channel, the icon says it is recording from channel 69.

All available channels are in position 1-35. With the WinTVCap command -c they are always selected without problems. I guess GBTVR does not use that, or wrong. In WinTVCap's ini file I have an empty "Preset" section.

In the GBPVR.MDB file I found the following tables:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">oid name channelID channel_number
45 Nederland 1 1
46 Nederland 2 2
47 Nederland 3 3[/QUOTE]

And:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">oid channel_oid capture_source_oid source_channel_number enabled
65 45 5 1 Y
66 46 5 2 Y
67 47 5 3 Y[/QUOTE]

In other words: when I want to watch &quot;Nederland 1&quot; WinTVCap tries to record from &quot;67&quot;, and &quot;Nederland 3&quot; goes to &quot;69&quot;. Which is quite weird. The &quot;recording&quot;, I suppose, is for time-shifting, nothing I worry about.

I must say that I re-configured the default Capture source a couple of times, maybe that caused complications which are too much for this version.
http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

sub
2003-12-17, 04:04 PM
Cheers - I&#39;ve located (and fixed) why the incorrect channel was being selected for WinTVCap.

Are you having the same problem as the other guys? Is video playing back, or do you also get the error message about VMR?

Also, have you tried this with your MediaMVP?