PDA

View Full Version : LifeView FlyVideo 34FM doesn't work

normanr
2004-12-03, 11:45 PM
I have recently aquired a LifeView FlyTV 34FM :-)

Trying to get it to work with the GO plugin.

The GraphEdit Filters are:
LifeView TV Tuner
LifeView FlyVideo TV Audio
LifeView FlyVideo CrossBar
LifeView WDM Video Capture

I added "LifeView FlyVideo" to the go.ini, and renamed "LifeView WDM Video Capture" to "LifeView FlyVideo A/V Capture" in the registry. *It gets further but I think there's a bug in the GO code.

This is particularly because of these two VERBOSE errors:
ConnectPins: 'Video Decoder Out' to 'Analog Audio In'
Failed to connect Crossbar 'Video Decoder Out' to Capture 'Analog Video In'

Notice how it's trying to join Video to Audio, and then denies it :-)

contextual logs are attached.

sub
2004-12-03, 11:59 PM
I believe this is a software encoder card, so wont work with GB-PVR. GB-PVR was designed to work with cards like the Hauppauge PVR250 etc. Sorry.

normanr
2004-12-04, 11:47 AM
damn, looks like no luck there then.

i also tried the Direct Recording Plugin (with the apppriate editings to the direct.ini file), but GB-PVR hangs when LiveTV is selected. (~150mb is spooled by the service to the temp capture, then it stops thankfully)

(btw: the 'Video Decoder Out' to 'Analog Audio In' probably still needs double-checking.)

I have attached the logs from the Direct Recording Session, maybe you can figure out what is causing GB-PVR to hang?

sub
2004-12-04, 04:30 PM
Quote[/b] ]ConnectPins: 'Video Decoder Out' to 'Analog Audio In'
Failed to connect Crossbar 'Video Decoder Out' to Capture 'Analog Video In'
This is just because failing to find a pin on the Capture filter with the correct stream type, so its pretty much just listing the file input pin it finds.

Sorry, there is no way this card is going to work.

normanr
2004-12-05, 12:09 PM
damn, oh well. *I will just have to use the program that comes with the card. *

It has pausing of live tv built in (which is implemented as record the tv stream, and play it back at the same time - I assume, much live the way GB-PVR does it), as well as normal recording.

Just GB-PVR bundles this all in a pretty interface, with the extra plugins etc...

Maybe I should try and write a recording plugin for software based cards. (Assuming your pc is > 2ghz)

normanr
2004-12-15, 12:58 PM
Status update: I am almost finished with a recording plugin that does compression using avalible software encoders. This will allow GB-PVR to record any direct show capture device even if it doesn't spit out a mpeg2 stream. This includes the LiveView TV card, but I'm sure it extentends to most WebCams too.

I'll post the full code up here once it's complete, hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate it into the next version of GB-PVR (fully supporting the recorder plugin interface, right? *grin*)

sub
2004-12-15, 03:48 PM
Quote[/b] ](fully supporting the recorder plugin interface, right? *grin*)
Maybe, but I've got some other things I need to do first.

normanr
2004-12-17, 11:31 AM
First Pass at WDM Capture into Software Compressor with test framework: http://gbpvr.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=2756