PDA

View Full Version : uburadio config

anneb
2007-02-11, 10:19 AM
Can someone give me a step by step walk through of configering uburadio.

I have the necessary utilities installed but its when I get to the gbpvr config screen my mind goers blanK!!

I have web radio in the plugin list but where do I go from there. I can get the plugin button screen up but I haven't a clue what to do then

I don't see anything in the gbpvr screen pointing to Web radio either

Thanks in advance

ubu
2007-02-12, 06:12 AM
Can someone give me a step by step walk through of configering uburadio.

I have the necessary utilities installed but its when I get to the gbpvr config screen my mind goers blanK!!

I have web radio in the plugin list but where do I go from there. I can get the plugin button screen up but I haven't a clue what to do then

I don't see anything in the gbpvr screen pointing to Web radio either

Thanks in advanceWell, I thought I'd done the "step by step" install guide on the wiki already. :)

You don't really need to do anything to configure UbuRadio unless you want to change one of the default settings. But, to get to the config screen, highlight "Web Radio" on the plugins tab of the GB-PVR config app, and then click the "Settings" button below it. This will bring up the UbuRadio config window. (Actually, that's how you configure any plugin. If the plugin doesn't have a config window, the "Settings" button will be grayed out.)

If you can see "Web Radio" on the plugins tab of the config app (and you press OK to save your config settings) then "Web Radio" should show up on the GB-PVR main menu and you can start using it.

If it still doesn't show up on the main menu, attach your gbpvr.exe.log and config.exe.log files and I'll take a look.

anneb
2007-02-12, 06:50 PM
Re installed GBPVR to make sure I hadn't messaed anything up. Extracted the required software into the GBPVR folder. ( utilities and elements) I have Vlc and real player intalled. Extracted UbuRadio into the devnz folder and moved the short cut for the controller onto the desktop. That is installed and started.
I have Web Radio showing on the Plugin list. But I get nothing in the main menu in GBPVR for web radio

anneb
2007-02-12, 07:11 PM
Trying to attach the log files you asked for but I'm getting invalid file when I try to attach them

Copy and paste makes the message far too big for the forum to accept it

ubu
2007-02-12, 08:03 PM
Re installed GBPVR to make sure I hadn't messaed anything up. Extracted the required software into the GBPVR folder. ( utilities and elements) I have Vlc and real player intalled. Extracted UbuRadio into the devnz folder and moved the short cut for the controller onto the desktop. That is installed and started.
I have Web Radio showing on the Plugin list. But I get nothing in the main menu in GBPVR for web radioIf you attach the logs, I'll take a look. Put the contents of your gbpvr/logs folder into a zip file (Send To->Compressed Folder) and attach it to your next post. You attach a file by clicking the little paper clip at the top of the message edit window and then following the prompts to upload the zip file.

EDIT: If you prefer, just put the gbpvr.exe.log and config.exe.log files in the compressed folder. But it must be a compressed folder (zip file) in order to attach it.

ubu
2007-02-12, 09:25 PM
...or, if you still have problems attaching the logs, try this:

Open gbpvr\logs\gbpvr.exe.log in Notepad.
Find "UbuRadio".
You should see a message that GB-PVR is trying to load the UbuRadio plugin.
Likely, there'll be an incomprehensible-looking error message right after it.
Cut and paste that section of the log into a post here.

anneb
2007-02-13, 07:38 AM
Here are the config and gbpvr logs zipped

ubu
2007-02-13, 08:21 AM
Here are the config and gbpvr logs zippedWell, I don't see anything wrong in your logs. I see the UbuRadio plugin being loaded when GB-PVR starts and I see Web Radio being added to the main menu (below Exit and above TV Guide).

I notice that you are running an MVP. Is Web Radio missing from the main menu on both your MVP display and on the regular GB-PVR display on your PC? Even if you scroll the menu down?

I'm a bit stumped by this one.

anneb
2007-02-13, 10:52 AM
OOPs I just realised the main menu was scrollable. Web Radio is on the main menu. Sorry about that.

BUT! When I click on Web radio I get an error message

Error Skin file not found: .\skin\blue\GBRUIElements\dialog.xml

I have the "blue" folder in the main GBPVR root dir. Should I move it to the skin folder?

ubu
2007-02-13, 11:28 AM
OOPs I just realised the main menu was scrollable. Web Radio is on the main menu. Sorry about that.Judging from your log file, you've also been missing out on using DVD, Net Radio, System and Exit as well.
Welcome to scrollable menus. :)

BUT! When I click on Web radio I get an error message

Error Skin file not found: .\skin\blue\GBRUIElements\dialog.xml

I have the "blue" folder in the main GBPVR root dir. Should I move it to the skin folder?Sounds like your GB-PVR installation is not quite right if what you say is correct. The gbpvr directory does not contain a "blue" folder. The dialog.xml file should be where GB-PVR is looking for it. You shouldn't need to copy any files.

You should have ..\gbpvr\skin\Blue with various folders below it, including UbuRadio and GBPVRUIElements. If you do have this folder and the GBPVRUIElements folder is missing, that means that you haven't correctly installed the current version of the GbpvrUiElements Library. This is one of the requirements for using UbuRadio (as per the wiki page).

anneb
2007-02-13, 11:34 AM
I have the Skin\blue folder that has all the subfolders in it but blue\elements was in the root folder. I copied GBPVRUIElements into the correct folder and its all working ok.

Thanks for your patience!!

next question :) Is it possible to record the web radio stations and if so how?

ubu
2007-02-13, 12:04 PM
I have the Skin\blue folder that has all the subfolders in it but blue\elements was in the root folder. I copied GBPVRUIElements into the correct folder and its all working ok.

Thanks for your patience!!Glad it's working. Now you can enjoy using it.

next question :) Is it possible to record the web radio stations and if so how?I'm the author of another plugin, UbuStream, which is a more fully featured web stream player (video and audio) for GB-PVR. I'll be releasing a new version in the near future that will include a Record button on the menu that will let you record audio and video streams.

However, in the meantime, if you want an "undocumented" way to record with UbuRadio, try this. When you play a station in Timeshift mode, UbuRadio is actually triggering a transcoding process that records the stream to an mp3 file. It puts the file in the GB-PVR cache directory (whichever folder you have specified in the config app for "Live TV Buffer Directory"). The file is deleted when you stop the stream (or if an error occurs). However, if you look in that folder while the station is still playing you'll see the file and you can simply copy it and paste it wherever you want it. Voila! You'll have an mp3 file with everything the station played until you made a copy of it.

EDIT: Actually, I could really automate that pretty easily. Maybe, for the next release of UbuRadio, I'll put a "Snapshot" button on the menu that would simply copy everything played so far into an mp3 file in a folder you specify in the config window. The "Record" feature in UbuStream is going to be slightly more sophisticated and will allow you to specify a time limit (for unattended recording).

anneb
2007-02-14, 08:19 AM
Sounds Great, Look forward to trying it.

Thanks for all your help

Gandalf
2007-03-05, 08:31 PM
Hey!
Cant get Uburadio to work due to missing files in the zip file at wikis

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Development/GbpvrUiElements?action=downloadman&upname=GBPVRUIElementsLibary.zip

Can someone pls send me a zip of GBPVRUIElementsLibary with skins inside?

Regards
Gandalf

ubu
2007-03-05, 09:26 PM
Hey!
Cant get Uburadio to work due to missing files in the zip file at wikis

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Development/GbpvrUiElements?action=downloadman&upname=GBPVRUIElementsLibary.zip

Can someone pls send me a zip of GBPVRUIElementsLibary with skins inside?

Regards
GandalfNot sure what you mean by "missing files". The wiki download for the GbpvrUiElements dll seems to be working OK.

Gandalf
2007-03-05, 09:33 PM
Am i missing something...i was hoping to have a skins directory in that zipfile?

When i try running it says it misses skin file Dialog.xml
file not found.....

From where should ive got that file?

Regards
Gandalf

ubu
2007-03-05, 11:04 PM
Am i missing something...i was hoping to have a skins directory in that zipfile?

When i try running it says it misses skin file Dialog.xml
file not found.....

From where should ive got that file?

Regards
GandalfI see what you mean. The skin files seem to be missing from the latest version of the zip. This is the v6.0 zip: 9797 Just copy the skin files into gbpvr\skin\BlueGbpvrUiElements.

Gandalf
2007-03-06, 12:37 PM
But now when i try to play a station gbpvr cant find any. Seems like a connection problem it tries a while and then just stop trying.

How do i know that your plugin finds my media player, vlc and ralplayer??

My Sweden path always starts c:\Program\etc
not c:\program files\etc

Can that be the problem?

(The built in netradio dont work either)

Gandalf
2007-03-06, 07:05 PM
Ill tried to start bothe netradio and webradio se the log

ubu
2007-03-06, 08:51 PM
Ill tried to start bothe netradio and webradio se the logThe log indicates you're having a problem with the WMP interop calls. (I can't read the Swedish error text, so I'm not sure exactly what the exact issue is). Since both UbuRadio and NetRadio use WMP interop, that would explain why you're having a problem with both plugins.

Check that you have Windows Media Player installed correctly (UbuRadio has been tested with v10 so, ideally, you'd have that version installed). Also check that both the WMP interop dlls are present in your gbpvr directory (they should have been installed byt the GB-PVR install).

Have you tried playing stations that use RealPlayer or VLC? Do you get the same messages in the log or different ones. (I'm trying to figure out if this is something specific to WMP or not).

My Sweden path always starts c:\Program\etc
not c:\program files\etc

Can that be the problem?From your log messages, that doesn't appear to be a problem. GB-PVR is finding components under C:\Program correctly.

Gandalf
2007-03-06, 09:11 PM
I think its a problem with my media player to

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.developer.winfx.avalon/browse_thread/thread/e1a58d28591f503e/015712f552903c7b

Got that error with firewall turned on, turned of gives me som other strange error

Im able to play all streams with "Add URL" in media player. Somehow i think mediaplayer refuses to listen to gbpvr (version 11 MP) at least

Ill try to downgrade to media player 10 and see if it helps

Tx

Gandalf
2007-03-06, 09:34 PM
Downgraded to media player 10 and netradio (subs) still doesnt work :(

If i put:
http://195.222.33.217:8030
in media player 10 no problem (but its a sucky station)

Open GBPVR
Try to run the first station in netradio
Close GBPVR

gave me the attached logfile

ubu
2007-03-06, 10:46 PM
Downgraded to media player 10 and netradio (subs) still doesnt work :(

If i put:
http://195.222.33.217:8030
in media player 10 no problem (but its a sucky station)

Open GBPVR
Try to run the first station in netradio
Close GBPVR

gave me the attached logfileI can't help you with NetRadio issues since I know very little about it. You can post those problems in the regular Support forum.

However, I am in a position to help with UbuRadio since I wrote it. But the log you attached only shows you using NetRadio so there's no additional info for me to look at. And you haven't answered the questions I asked:
Did you try playing a RealAudio or mp3 (VLC) streams? What happened?
Did you check that you have the two WMP Interop dlls in your gbpvr directory?You say that downgrading to WMP v10 didn't help with NetRadio. Does that mean it did help with playing UbuRadio WMP stations?

Gandalf
2007-03-06, 11:56 PM
No i havent got any netradio with either netradio or web radio.

Trying a VLC stream doesnt help at all exactly the same error message:
fel i tillämpningsprogrammet = fault in the accessorysoftware (or something like that)

Im trying to use your plugin in preview mode. Ive tried the other mode without success.

Did you check that you have the two WMP Interop dlls in your gbpvr directory?
Regarding the 2 dll:s i dont know the names of those is one:

Interop.WMPLib.dll ??? that file lies in the gbpvr directory
i dont know what the second dll should be

I attach the logfile when trying to start a vlc and wmp stream

Tx for helping me

ubu
2007-03-07, 01:36 AM
Trying a VLC stream doesnt help at all exactly the same error message:
fel i tillämpningsprogrammet = fault in the accessorysoftware (or something like that)So it looks like the problem isn't specific to WMP then. The error is occurring when the program is trying to create a system timer on a separate thread so it could be some issue with your .Net environment. What version(s) of .Net do you have installed? Do other GB-PVR functions work OK (Live TV, TV-Guide, Music Library, etc.)?

Im trying to use your plugin in preview mode. Ive tried the other mode without success.Might be interesting to see what error messages your log file shows when you try playing a station with Timeshift Play.
I need more clues. :)

Gandalf
2007-03-07, 01:45 PM
Hello again!
Now i tried to start with timeshift mode but it doesnt seem to help. The only difference was GBPVR stopped responding and i had to kill it.

I have net versions 1.1 and 2.0 installed

My comp is up to date with patches except for i only have media player 10

LiveTV
Works like charm. Had problem with soundblaster audigy...took it out and LiveTV is working great.....

Video
Works very good....sometime small issues with specific videos....can often be solved by pressing pause button

Music library
No problems at all

Net radio
Refuses to work, crash kill GBPVR

Web radio
Refuses to work, crash kill GBPVR

Tx for helping me

ubu
2007-03-07, 08:16 PM
Hello again!
Now i tried to start with timeshift mode but it doesnt seem to help. The only difference was GBPVR stopped responding and i had to kill it.

I have net versions 1.1 and 2.0 installed

My comp is up to date with patches except for i only have media player 10Well, Timeshift Play requires VLC to be installed. In any case, your log shows you trying to play a station with VLC in Preview mode, not Timeshift mode, so I see the same error message as before. Nonetheless, this does seem to eliminate WMP as the culprit.

The exception is getting thrown when a new system timer is being created. I have no idea why this should be. I have never encountered the problem before. The timer is part of the .Net infrastructure so I'm at a loss as to what the "fel i tillämpningsprogrammet = fault in the accessorysoftware" is referring to.

Since you appear to be experiencing a similar problem with NetRadio (don't see the same message in the log but it may handle the exception differently), I suggest you post the problem on the main Support forum. I imagine a lot more people read that forum (including sub :) ) and a lot of people use NetRadio (since it's part of GB-PVR). Maybe, if you can solve that problem, it may give us a clue to the UbuRadio problem.

Let me know if you get any new clues.

Gandalf
2007-03-08, 08:07 PM
But ive got myself another one

When i use direct access with hauppauge remote netradio and your radio wont work

With that turned off both works just fine.

Can i help you translating Ubu radio to Swedish??

Is it possible to autostop stream when selecting another stream? I can start 10 streams at a time

Regards
Gandalf

Gandalf
2007-03-08, 08:48 PM
Web radio stops reciveing after approx 1 minute in prewiev mode is this normal?

Havnt seen this on Netradio..

Can it be the buffer size??

Gandalf
2007-03-08, 09:21 PM
Seems like the problem only apply to non media player streams

ubu
2007-03-09, 07:05 AM
When i use direct access with hauppauge remote netradio and your radio wont work

With that turned off both works just fine.Strange. I wonder why? I guess not many people use the direct access feature. I seem to remember reading that it doesn't support the 45 button remote and is, therefore, "deprecated".

Can i help you translating Ubu radio to Swedish??I see you are working on the Swedish version of the Language Translation plugin. If there's something I should be doing in UbuRadio or UbuStream to facilitate this plugin, let me know.

Is it possible to autostop stream when selecting another stream? I can start 10 streams at a timeIt is supposed to "autostop" before starting the next station. For some reason, I omitted that feature in UbuRadio for Preview play. For Timeshift mode, it stops the player before starting a new station but not in Preview mode. I can't figure out how I missed it, because in the UbuStream plugin (which uses very similar code) it does the right thing for both players. Anyway, it will be fixed in the next release of UbuRadio (and already works correctly in UbuStream). For now, you have to use the Stop button on your remote (unless you like listening to several stations at once - sort of audio multi-tasking :) ).

Web radio stops reciveing after approx 1 minute in prewiev mode is this normal?

Havnt seen this on Netradio..

Can it be the buffer size??That wouldn't be normal, no. (Don't take "preview" too literally :D ). Netradio, as I think I've mentioned, is an entirely different plugin with an entirely different codebase so is unlikely to share bugs or "issues" with UbuRadio.

Seems like the problem only apply to non media player streamsIt would depend on which streams and which players. I can't guarantee that all the streams listed on the web site UbuRadio uses as its source are a) functional or b) reliable. Some streams do just stop after a short period. Often they will start again if you retry. Also some stream URLs are actually playlists which may contain a short leader followed by the actual radio stream so, if the server is having problems, you may only hear the leader.

In any case, if you attach your UbuRadioFavourites.xml file and let me know which stations are giving you grief, I'll try to duplicate the problem on my test system and see what I find.

Gandalf
2007-03-09, 07:53 AM
Not working streams
I found streams working on all of my favourite stations with your radio. Lets dont focus on those maybe corrupted streams from the provider. My problem are solved in this respect. Thank you

Direct access to Hauppauge kills web radio and netradio
I informed Sub of this problem. He was very confused how this could be. Direct access is nice cause i have a dual screen setup and i want my wife to be able to watch tv on one screen at the same time as im working on the other screen. If i use hauppauges IR.exe GBPVR needs to be in focus to be controlled. So i have to tell my wife that she must click with the mouse on GBPVR before she can control channelchanger with remote...very unnatural.
Anyway this is not your problem. I maybe have to buy another remote for this to work.

Translation of UbuRadio to Swedish
I think its nice to have software on your own language. There is no place like home :). Some of the headers are in Swedish and some are in English.
If you could update the attached Excelfile with UbuRadios phrases, i can take the discussion with the founder of the file and se if he can update hes file with translations for UbuRadio.

Se below the attached languagefile

ubu
2007-03-09, 08:42 AM
I found streams working on all of my favourite stations with your radio. Lets dont focus on those maybe corrupted streams from the provider. My problem are solved in this respect. Thank youStefan wrote a SverigesRadio DynamicSource app for UbuStream which has a huge list of Swedish radio stations (I even listen to some of them). You might want to check it out.

Direct access is nice cause i have a dual screen setup and i want my wife to be able to watch tv on one screen at the same time as im working on the other screen. If i use hauppauges IR.exe GBPVR needs to be in focus to be controlled. So i have to tell my wife that she must click with the mouse on GBPVR before she can control channelchanger with remote...very unnatural.
Anyway this is not your problem. I maybe have to buy another remote for this to work.Or maybe try a marriage guidance counselor. :D

I think its nice to have software on your own language. There is no place like home :). I know what you mean. As a Brit living in the US, I sometimes miss seeing things written in English. :)

Some of the headers are in Swedish and some are in English. Not sure what you mean by "headers". I don't have any control over the station names, descriptions, etc. since they come directly from the target site's web pages. If you mean the text my plugin is actualy generating, I can't understand why some would be in Swedish and some in English.

If you could update the attached Excelfile with UbuRadios phrases, i can take the discussion with the founder of the file and se if he can update hes file with translations for UbuRadio.We should be talking about both UbuRadio and UbuStream here, btw. It doesn't make sense to translate one and not the other.

I'm a bit unclear how this process works. What text elements can be translated and how is this accomplished? Is this an on-the-fly translation that ocurs "automagically" at run-time?

The text viewable on the plugin screens (button text, labels, etc.) is readily available to you already. I could give you the text of any error messages I'm displaying in dialog boxes, but how would those be intercepted at run time. And I imagine that the text on the config app panels (which is a fairly large piece of the UbuStream deliverable) could not be translated at all.

Gandalf
2007-03-09, 01:12 PM
Headers = The text viewable on the plugin screens :)
sry didnt know what those are called

"Or maybe try a marriage guidance counselor. "
There are also other things that needs to be in focus to be controlled;)

Ok shes in control of the remote BUT THE SPEAKERS ARE MINE
No i must have the best wife in the known world

Description in Ubu radio Translated to Swedish

Web Radio Internetradio**
Favoriter Favoriter
Find Stations Sök stationer**
Huvudmeny Huvudmeny
UbuRadio - web radio player UbuRadio - Internetradio**
UbuRadio - web radio station player UbuRadio - Internetradiospelare**

Spela upp Spela upp
Stoppa Stoppa
Web Site Webbsida**
Snapshot Inspelning**
Radera Radera
Prev Menu Bakåt
Select a station to start recieving its stream Välj en station att lyssna på**
Playing "station name" Spelar "station name"**
Preview Play Direktspelning**
Timeshift Play Hårddiskspelning**
Snapshot error Inspelningsfel**
Stream must be playing in Timeshift mode to use the Snapshot feature Du måste använda hårddiskspelning för inspelningsfunktionen**

Ok that was all i could find, as u can se some things is already translated using the excelfile, some aint marked with **

Ill try to edit my language.xml file and see what i get

Saw one things more.

I cant use my favourite channels in timeshift mode says "VLC Buffering" and
then throws a error message

Gandalf
2007-03-09, 01:59 PM
Hello!
Language in GBPVR was easy. It seems that GBPVR has a lookuptable and translate things on the fly. Check the language.xml attached in this post

There seems to be a small problem for the programmers to think of.

I wasnt able to translate

Playing Sveriges Radio P3 to Spelar Sveriges Radio P3

I guess the same is with buffering Sveriges Radio P3 = buffrar Sveriges Radio P3

Maybe its due to a string build up by a string "Playing" and a variable "Sveriges radio P3"??? What do u think?

Is it possible to handle description name "Playing" and station name separate in UbuRadio software?

I was even able to translate the error message in the xml file

It would be very nice if you could make your software able to be translated. Maybe your other plugin also?

If you can supply me with exact phrases used in your softwares i could translate them to Swedish and contact the guy handling the main excel file.

Who knows you maybe get a chance to learn Swedish at the same time ;)

ubu
2007-03-13, 12:22 AM
If you can supply me with exact phrases used in your softwares i could translate them to Swedish and contact the guy handling the main excel file.I'm going on a trip so will be unavailable for 3 weeks. I'll revisit this when I get back.

Who knows you maybe get a chance to learn Swedish at the same time ;)Stefan already tried to teach me:

For laughter, I *really* do recommend this:
http://www.slayradio.org/mastering_swedish.php
and do download the mp3's so you can listen to the lesson :) It's for fun, but everything they say is true... the sentences are, however, not used very often :)