PDA

View Full Version : usb-uirt from MVP server

henrib
2004-09-13, 05:03 PM
I'm a newbie so my apologies if this is an obvious question;
Just wanted to check if the MVP server can actually "relay" to a usb-uirt?
The goal being to drive channel changes on an external cable tuner from the MVP itself (and feed a PVR250).
If so, any way of making the MVP react to more buttons from its IR (shortcuts to channel changes for instance)? Would that be possible through a plug-in?

Many thanks

btw: this is a very impressive piece of software - congratulations.

sub
2004-09-13, 06:13 PM
Quote[/b] ]Just wanted to check if the MVP server can actually "relay" to a usb-uirt?
The goal being to drive channel changes on an external cable tuner from the MVP itself (and feed a PVR250)."Relay" isnt the right word, but yes - when you're watching tv via the MVP it will send channel change IR codes to external cable tuner when required.

Quote[/b] ]If so, any way of making the MVP react to more buttons from its IR (shortcuts to channel changes for instance)? Would that be possible through a plug-in?
I dont understand what you're after here...

henrib
2004-09-21, 06:37 PM
I'm sorry my question was confusing.

The first part is covered (ie usb-uirt); thanks for the answer.

The second part was about grasping some of the plug-in capabilites before looking at sample code.
What I'm really after is a way to play DVDs on the MVP by transcoding (AC3 audio) on the fly using Videolan's VLC or MPlayer/MEncoder. (Could even do DivX transcode with enough CPU power on the server).

The plug-in would in effect drive another transcoding/server process.
Is this achievable or am I missing a simpler solution?