PDA

View Full Version : TV Guide page feature?

SuperDave
2004-11-18, 12:26 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to page up/down using the remote in TV Guide mode? or is this a wishlist item?

Also, when I am in TV Guide mode, & other modes, I notice the images are off the screen on top & bottom. Does anyone know what I need to tweak to correct this?

I am using a PVR-250 with the MVP and the Hauppauge remote. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

sub
2004-11-18, 12:39 AM
There is no page up/down, but you can type a channel number and press enter. Also, the skip buttons jump forward or back a day.

You can adjust the MVP screen size/position in the config.xml.

SuperDave
2004-11-18, 02:00 AM
Hey thanks for the reply Sub!

Could you be a bit more specific as to which line I need to modify in the config file?

Thanks again!

Oh, and I was also wondering if there is a way to spell out the show name when searching the guide?

sub
2004-11-18, 02:06 AM
Quote[/b] ]Could you be a bit more specific as to which line I need to modify in the config file?

No, because I'm at work and dont have it in front of me. It was fairly obvious though, something lime MVPOffsetX/Y,MVPWidth,MVPHeight.

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and I was also wondering if there is a way to spell out the show name when searching the guide?
Nope

jquinlan
2004-11-18, 02:13 AM
For an NTSC picture I adjusted these value for my picture:

*<!-- MVP Settings -->
*<MVPServerAutostart>2</MVPServerAutostart>
*<MVPWidth>635</MVPWidth>
*<MVPHeight>430</MVPHeight>
*<MVPOffsetX>35</MVPOffsetX>
*<MVPOffsetY>20</MVPOffsetY>

They are located under the PVR350 settings, use notepad to edit and search easily. This adjusted things for my Pause/FF/RW icons used on the MVP screen. You will have to restart the GBPVR service which will restart your MVP server for the settings to take effect.

Lucas_24
2004-11-18, 01:22 PM
Sub,

a while back you said you'd look into these 2 wishlist items for an upcoming release. Wondering if you are still planning on implementing them?

Thread (http://gbpvr.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=284;hl=lucas_24)

1) You can scroll a page at a time on the PC, but with the MVP you can't. Really miss this option. I was wondering if the yellow and red buttons could be assigned to page up/down in the guide? I read a thresd that the only reason the MVP did not have this functionality was because of a lack of buttons on the remote. I really miss this and my wife won't use my new toy until she can scroll a page at a time.

3) This is a little more demanding since a lot of users are already used to the way the app works. On my satellite PVR, when I'm in the guide, if I hit enter on a program in progress, it automatically takes me to live TV. If I hit enter on an episode that hasn't started yet, I then get the prompt to record. If I want to record an episode in progress, I hit the record button, which brings up the recording options. I enjoy this behavior since I watch a lot of live TV, and this saves me a lot of remote activity when surfing. Maybe an option in the setup to allow the user to select the type of behavior.