PDA

View Full Version : Live TV on PC but not on MVP

mbeechwood
2004-09-06, 08:41 PM
Dont know whats happened, but i've had live tv working fine on both tv and mvp, but now its suddenly stopped working on the mvp. if i go into live tv on the mvp i get the mini guide for a few seconds with the buffer indicator staying on 0% , and then it jumps back to the main menu, although a livetv-1.mpg buffer file is created. Equally oddly if i do this on the pc i can pause tv ok, but i cant find any livetv.mpg buffer file.

really confused!!

sub
2004-09-06, 08:56 PM
Try increasing the "MVP Pre-Play delay" setting to see if it corrects the problem.

mbeechwood
2004-09-06, 09:15 PM
had increased to 400ms, but will try something more substancial...thanks

sub
2004-09-06, 09:29 PM
Start high, then lower it...

mbeechwood
2004-09-06, 10:59 PM
have tried increasing to 1 sec, but still not working, and it was 500 ms when it used to work...

also reinstalled as well.

very strange.

colin
2004-09-07, 01:38 AM
You don't have the hauppage bits running? GBPVR MVP does not work well if hauppage bits are running at the same time.

Colin.

mbeechwood
2004-09-07, 03:42 PM
no, hauppage is stopped...been playin around and made the following observations...not much of a programmer so dont know how releven this is.

i have 3 livetv files that seem to be used in rotation. each time i try and watch livr tv from mpv 1 of these is rewritten to a size of arounf 5.7 mb (suspect this corresponds to the time GBPVR is 'trying' to buffer the live signal). the cpu is active for a second or 2 then drops ff to zero as it jumps back to main menu.
when tring to watch live tv on the pc a 6k livetv.sbe file is created and then deleted when i go back to main menu. if i untick the option to use SBE then this file is not created (obvious i know). in either case though, no buffer file appear s to be created, even after pausing, but live tv works fine

on a couple of occasions the following erro is generated:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object named "System.Net.Sockets.Socket".
Object name: "System.Net.Sockets.Socket".
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer)
at bu.a(Boolean A_0)
at bu.d(Image A_0)
at as.a()
at as.h()
at bu.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

??
thanks again

sub
2004-09-07, 06:42 PM
Can you reproduce the error then send your log files from c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr to me at support@devnz.com?

The exception above doesn't really give any clues, its just saying that GB-PVR had tried to send some data to the MVP, but it had already disconnected.

johnburton
2004-09-08, 12:47 AM
Colin

Could you expand on your comments re not running any Hauppauge bits please.
I posted several days a problem re PVR350 when running Live TV where it seems that it shows the same channel irrespective of what channel you change to with the remote. Am wondering if this could be caused by a conflict from the ir changer or something.
John

colin
2004-09-08, 03:03 AM
hey johnburton,

what i mean by the hauppauge bits is the Media server and gui services which need to be stopped. Look off All Programs| Hauppauge MediaMVP | Stop.

I never had a problem with the IR remote, but now i cannot get this working on my pc so it definately does not give me problems:)

Colin.

huckw
2004-09-15, 04:45 PM
I cannot believe how cool GBPVR is...fantastic work Sub!!! Has this issue been resolved? I too can watch live TV on the PC but via MVP it works for a minute or two, then freezes, then returns to menu? I have a WinTV250 card in a P3 900MHz running XP Pro w/ SP1, and an MVP at my TV connected into the network (not direct to the PC) running the beta MVP software, and GBPVR 0.19.

I have tried using VRM9 but told I don't have that option...even after I installed DirectX9. Is this even used with the MVP or only when viewing on the PC?

Again Sub...I am so very impressed...keep up the good work!!

sub
2004-09-15, 05:43 PM
Hi huckw. No, VMR/Overlay etc are not relevent when using the MVP.

I suspect you just need to bump up your 'MVP PrePlay delay' in the config app. Set it to a second, and see how you get on.

colin
2004-09-15, 05:49 PM
Hey huckw,

i would jump up to a newer release as stability from my point of view on the MVP is very good. Plus it has the GBPVR MVP service now, not need to start/stop hauppauge, etc.

Cheers,
Colin.

huckw
2004-09-15, 06:00 PM
Colin...thanks for the input! I'll bump up the delay when I get home (this working-for-a-living thing slows down my PVR progress!!).

Newer release of what? GBPVR? Or Hauppage MVP software?

sub
2004-09-15, 06:10 PM
Oh, yes didn't notice that. You definitely want to move to the most recent version of GB-PVR.

Uninstall your current version before installing the new one from http://www.gbpvr.com/GBPVR0214.msi

huckw
2004-09-15, 06:16 PM
Roger that!!

Sorry to ask a dumb question but how do I uninstall the current one? Add/Remove programs? Start->ProgramFiles->GBPVR->uninstall? Or is that an option when installing a new one?

Thanks you guys!!

colin
2004-09-15, 06:19 PM
Use the Control Panel| Add /Remove programmes.

From build 020 onwards it supports an upgrade approach,

Cheers,
Colin.