PDA

View Full Version : Hauppauge WinTV-Nexus-S

SpikeyMike
2004-10-10, 10:47 PM
Hi,

First off, like so many people, I would like to thank sub for making such a great program available free of charge, and the plugin developers for adding to the functionality.

On with the question... I am aware that Digial Satellite or Terrestrial capture cards are not currently supported by GBPVR, but something about the Nexus-S makes me think that it might be possible to use this card. Admittedly, what I know about TV capture cards is pretty limited, but it seems logical http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif. The Nexus-S contains a hardware MPEG encoder, so it would seem feasible that the MPEG stream is the same as that produced by the PVR 350. With this is mind, am I correct in thinking that what is stopping support from the Nexus is not the fact that it's a satellite broadcast, but that GBPVR does not know how to "control" this card, so to speak?

Incidentally, I have read the post on DVB TV, but thought that this deserved a new topic.

Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Spikey

sub
2004-10-10, 11:04 PM
Yes, the issue is really that GB-PVR doesn't know how to control this card. I do own one of these cards (thanks to the krome guys), so there is the chance it will be supported in the near future. You're more likely to see support for the lower end Nova-S first. (Yes, paul33 I'm also looking at BDA)

I havn't started specifically investigating the Nexus yet, but I have seen some negative comments indicating it is not possible to the raw MPEG stream from it's texas instruments chipset which may pose a few problems.

2004-10-11, 08:13 AM
sub, I guess it really would be a good idea to start supporting digital cards.
here in germany we will stop using analog TV completely end of this year...

SpikeyMike
2004-10-11, 11:22 AM
Hi sub,

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll get a PVR 2/350 for now, and then get a satellite reciever when it's supported (or slightly before if you need some extra testing done).

So many people say this would be the best PVR program if it had support for satellite and terestrial cards... I say it already is the best program, these would just be the icing on the cake! S**t, my jaw dropped when I saw it had built in support for the PVR 350 AND the XCard!

Thanks again,

Spikey