PDA

View Full Version : Asus DigiMatrix

Starseed6
2004-06-17, 04:12 PM
I have an Asus DigiMatrix box that would make a PERFECT PVR, except for the fact that all the hardware is onboard and non-upgradeable. *http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif I bought it to try with MythTV - which is a bear to set up on non-standard hardware. Just on the off chance, I decided to try some of the Windows based software packages. Snapstream works, but I am very interested in the GB-PVR project, as it seems that ultimately it will be a GREAT piece of software. The capture card in the DigiMatrix is a LifeView 3000, as far as I can tell (software encoding, yech) - and thoughts on supporting this type of hardware? The box is nice because it is so compact and looks like a stereo component. (too bad they didn't put better components in it!) What are your thoughts regarding supporting WDM drivers?

Keep up the good work!!!

sub
2004-06-17, 05:24 PM
I'm unlikely to support this type of video capture device for a long time (if ever). Sorry.

Its a nice looking machine, but unfortunately that capture device lets it down.

nkh
2004-06-17, 09:33 PM
How about using the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2 through one of the 8(!) USB ports?

jerry2
2005-04-19, 07:39 PM
This works, but I can not get the LIVE sound watching TV only the showshifted sound (recorded sound). What could be wrong?