PDA

View Full Version : Kworld Cards

aulax
2004-10-12, 01:39 PM
Has anyone used these cards? Will GBPVR support them? I have been looking at the Kworld V-Stream Xpert TV PVR PCI Card (VS-TV878RF) NTSC w/ FM Radio. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sub
2004-10-12, 04:48 PM
No, sorry these cards wont work with GB-PVR.

2004-11-05, 09:55 AM
All K-World cards won't work? Or just the 878 one?

In a review I saw (http://www.gotapex.com/reviews.php?rev=videocards/kworld/p2.html), the screenshot shows the K-World 883 card as a Conexant 2388x device. Is that a Conexant Blackbird-based card?

I'm most interested to find out if the K-World's USB 2.0 capture device works with GB-PVR.

sub
2004-11-05, 02:54 PM
I dont really know much about the K-World cards, but basically GB-PVR will only work with cards with built in hardware MPEG2 encoders. If kworld have a clone of the Hauppauge PVR250, then it'll possibly work.

2004-11-06, 05:02 PM
Quote[/b] (sub @ Nov. 05 2004,10:54)]I dont really know much about the K-World cards, but basically GB-PVR will only work with cards with built in hardware MPEG2 encoders. If kworld have a clone of the Hauppauge PVR250, then it'll possibly work.
The Kworld 878 has a hardware encoder built-in... will we ever see support for this capture card with GB-PVR, or perhaps support for WDM cards?

sub
2004-11-06, 05:08 PM
If it's a clone of the PVR250 (like nearly all hardware encoder cards), it'll probably work today. If its not a clone, I dont have one of these cards, so probably wont support them.

BTW 878 is usually used as a part number of cards based on the BT878 chipset, which uses *software* encoding.

Huw
2004-11-06, 07:30 PM
it doesn't say anywhere on the kworld site that it has a hardware encoder

daviescr1
2006-12-01, 02:15 PM
I dont really know much about the K-World cards, but basically GB-PVR will only work with cards with built in hardware MPEG2 encoders. If kworld have a clone of the Hauppauge PVR250, then it'll possibly work.

Hi, Does the same apply for a K-World DVB-T Plus (355U) USB DVB-T Receiver?.
Amended bda.ini and gannot get one of these to work. Guess that this does not have a build-in hardware MPEG 2 decoder either.

Thank you :).

sub
2006-12-01, 02:43 PM
DVB cards are different than the analog cards discussed above.

If its got BDA drivers then it should work, but you'll need to add a section to bda.ini. If you've already done this but its not working, then I'm guessing your bda.ini updates are wrong. If you cant spot it, try to use the card, then zip and attach your logs and I'll take a look.

martint123
2006-12-01, 02:58 PM
I've recently installed a 300U and it works a treat using 'out of the box' GBPVR installation.

Martin

daviescr1
2006-12-01, 03:15 PM
DVB cards are different than the analog cards discussed above.

If its got BDA drivers then it should work, but you'll need to add a section to bda.ini. If you've already done this but its not working, then I'm guessing your bda.ini updates are wrong. If you cant spot it, try to use the card, then zip and attach your logs and I'll take a look.

Hi Sub,

Thank you for your reply. I'd entered the details that I'd found using GraphEdit. A full channel scan was done however no channels were found. Shall make sure the DVB-T Receiver works with the supplied software to ensure that I've not bought a d.o.a. DVB-T Receiver (would be just my luck) and attach zipped logs as requested if it's working using the supplied software as I'd like to add this DVB-T Tuner alongside a WinTV Nova-T-USB2 (that (thankfully) is working).

Kind Regards :).

daviescr1
2006-12-01, 04:18 PM
Hi Sub,

Please find attached zipped logs.

bda.ini entry (that I wasn't aware of initially :( ) reads correctly for the entries found in GraphEdit from what I've gathered so why my DVB-T Receiver isn't working I'm not sure :(

[KWorld DVB-T 355U]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=BDA 2870 TVTuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=USB 2870 Device
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

Kind Regards :).