PDA

View Full Version : New starter!

Blood
2004-03-11, 11:22 AM
A few weeks ago I began looking into playing with PVR stuff. So I went out and bought a fair amount of equipment and built a new pc for myself! I have put a Hauppauge PVR350 card in there as well as a decent 128mb graphics card.

I d/loaded GB-PVR last night and tried it out for 30 mins before I went to bed. Oh man am I impressed! At present I can do everything with it except watch live tv. I live in the UK and have a Freeview digital box linked into the tv and pc. Therefore upto now I can only record the channel the box is set to (or so it seems!) when I use the WinTV software. However is there any way with gb pvr to set up a way of the box channel being changed when scheduled?? Also what would be the best setting in the configuration in order to watch live tv (at the moment i have a fuzzy tv screen!) Sorry to be a pain but I am really getting into this PVR lark! I am also extremely new to all this.

Cheers and hope to experiment further...

Simon Blood. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

sub
2004-03-11, 04:14 PM
Hi Blood.

There is a few mechanisms you can use to change channels on an external turner. They all involve setting the "Channel Changer" in the configuration for the capture source you've setup.

You can use either USB-UIRT or Actisys IR200L, as IR Blasters to change the channels. Alternatively you can use Girder to change your channels - this will allow you to use other mechanisms like serial cable etc.

Just try a higher quality setting for the fuzziness.