PDA

View Full Version : UbuStream plugin - support

ubu
2006-11-01, 04:49 AM
Please use this thread for any support issues regarding UbuStream.

Other relevant threads can be found here (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=15555&highlight=ubustream) and here (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=17523&highlight=ubustream) and here (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=15552&highlight=ubustream) (or just do a search for "UbuStream").

Other useful info can be found on the UbuStream wiki page (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/UbuStream)

7ore
2006-11-06, 04:36 PM
I use Ubustream only for webradio, and it works fine. Exept for one little detail... I would like to keep the win media player out of focus at all times! It's a nuiscence, since I havn't found a way to close it with my MCE-remote!
As I understand it, wmp "takes over" the screen automattically as it starts. It would be nice with some script in the background that lets's GBpvr take back focus, if you know what I mean. (Or if there is one with a tip how to close the d*mn thing with the MCE-remote...)

ubu
2006-11-06, 09:05 PM
I use Ubustream only for webradio, and it works fine. Exept for one little detail... I would like to keep the win media player out of focus at all times! It's a nuiscence, since I havn't found a way to close it with my MCE-remote!
As I understand it, wmp "takes over" the screen automattically as it starts. It would be nice with some script in the background that lets's GBpvr take back focus, if you know what I mean. (Or if there is one with a tip how to close the d*mn thing with the MCE-remote...)If you can set one of the buttons on your remote to send the Alt-F4 keystroke combo, this will close the window that currently has focus. For most players you have to press the button twice - once to exit from fullscreen, once to close the app. (For Hauppauge remotes, for instance, I have the line "GRNPOWER={alt}{f4}" in the DEFAULT section of my irremote.ini file. Or, to confine it to a specific app, you can put it in the section for that media player. Using "GRNPOWER={sys(0xF060)}" also seems to work.). I haven't found a key combo to minimize the player. Microsoft thoughtfully provides one to minimize all windows, but that's not very helpful.

There is a setting in the UbuStream config that allows you to specify whether all streams should be run in fullscreen or in windowed mode. I'd like to add an option "Run audio in minimized mode" which would run the player in minimized mode, leaving the focus on the GB-PVR window. The problem is how you would then close the player (to stop the stream playing) since it no longer has focus. I was thinking of adding a "Stop" button to the UbuStream menu. What do you think?

stefan
2006-11-08, 11:33 AM
I The problem is how you would then close the player (to stop the stream playing) since it no longer has focus. I was thinking of adding a "Stop" button to the UbuStream menu. What do you think?
That would be so great. WAF would increase by tons. I have just started to try out this, and it's great! :) The only problem is to stop playing, like 7ore already said. I use the USB-UIRT as input to gbpvr, and hence cannot configure it to send alt-f4 :( A stop button would be great, if you could do that. And if you could in any way stop the previous stream when I click on another radio station to play it, so I don't have to listen to two at a time :)

ubu
2006-11-08, 10:22 PM
That would be so great. WAF would increase by tons. I have just started to try out this, and it's great! :) The only problem is to stop playing, like 7ore already said. I use the USB-UIRT as input to gbpvr, and hence cannot configure it to send alt-f4 :( A stop button would be great, if you could do that. And if you could in any way stop the previous stream when I click on another radio station to play it, so I don't have to listen to two at a time :)The new version of UbuStream (v2.0) now has a Stop button, a configuration option to play audio streams with the player minimized (the GB-PVR message line displays "Playing blah-blah station" so you know what's going on) and, yes, selecting a new station will close the player if it is currently playing a stream. I hope to make a beta version available soon (I trust I can sign you up for the beta test program :) ). Believe me, raising the WAF is my highest priority!

I'm not always rightDespite your signature line, I find you often are.

stefan
2006-11-09, 07:04 AM
The new version of UbuStream (v2.0) now has a Stop button, a configuration option to play audio streams with the player minimized (the GB-PVR message line displays "Playing blah-blah station" so you know what's going on) and, yes, selecting a new station will close the player if it is currently playing a stream.
You're great! Really looking forward to that. I spent some time yesterday figuring out how to find the *real* uri:s for my favorite radio stations. It was a bit tricky, but I found them.

I hope to make a beta version available soon (I trust I can sign you up for the beta test program :) ).
Absolutely. Since this requires no capture card, this is something I can test whereever (read: on my work computer ;) )

stefan
2006-11-09, 07:15 AM
I spent some time yesterday figuring out how to find the *real* uri:s for my favorite radio stations. It was a bit tricky, but I found them
If they prove to not change over time, I'll add them to world wide media project (http://www.worldwidemediaproject.com/).

ubu
2006-11-09, 10:28 AM
If they prove to not change over time, I'll add them to world wide media project (http://www.worldwidemediaproject.com/).As long as you keep them up to date on the Worldwide Media Project, you'll be able to keep them up to date in UbuStream automatically by using the new WMP AutoSynch option which will cause UbuStream to download your WMP favorite stations list and update your station database each time the plugin runs (yet another feature to be found in the forthcoming UbuStream v2.0 release :cool: ). And, anyway, Dinki will be pleased if you add yet more stations to WMP.

stefan
2006-11-09, 10:32 AM
Cool.... at first when I read this, I thought you meant WMP = Windows Media Player, but I guess you don't :)

ubu
2006-11-09, 11:00 AM
Cool.... at first when I read this, I thought you meant WMP = Windows Media Player, but I guess you don't :)I know - accronym hell! Actually, I just arbitrarily picked that one because I'm too lazy to type Worldwide Media Project all the time and, besides, it's too long to fit on the UbuStream config menus and buttons. Maybe I should have chosen WWMP instead. (BTW - Microsoft makes a media player now? I wouldn't know. I just use VLC for everything ;) ).

stefan
2006-11-09, 11:05 AM
:)
I've started my project of adding Swedish radio stations now. Let's see how far I get during lunch :)

7ore
2006-11-13, 09:14 PM
What's happened here?!?! Been busy for a couple of days and came back to get updated. What do I find. Not only has the thread been taken over by another swede, but one with the same name as myself.

Well, just as well that. I like the results and will try out the ß-version ASAP. So if you'd like you can sign me up to do some testing as i get back home.
(Can't do it right away, as I'm attending a course in exploratory testing right now...) :D

stefan
2006-11-14, 07:27 AM
Just so there are no misunderstandings - I have added all of the SR stations to the world wide media project (http://www.worldwidemediaproject.com/radiocountry.php?id=195&language=all&genre=all), but I have not started on a mini plugin yet. I don't know if I will. I would like to, but I need an example to start with, and a heap load of extra time :)

ubu
2006-11-14, 11:55 AM
Just so there are no misunderstandings - I have added all of the SR stations to the world wide media project (http://www.worldwidemediaproject.com/radiocountry.php?id=195&language=all&genre=all), but I have not started on a mini plugin yet. I don't know if I will. I would like to, but I need an example to start with, and a heap load of extra time :)That's great! Now you can download them all back into UbuStream using the WWMP interface in the new version (See my beta announcement (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?p=154156#post154156)). I'll be uploading the source for my "sample" Dynamic Source mini plugin apps, along with the dll that does most of the work, in the next few days. Then you'll only have "time" as an excuse. :)

n@boleo
2006-12-07, 08:18 PM
Got an error trying to import a classical m3u list : Null Schedule_URL not allowed ....

Joined the playlist for testing purpose... but i guess no one else except french people would be able to test streams after importation

ubu
2006-12-08, 12:50 AM
Got an error trying to import a classical m3u list : Null Schedule_URL not allowed ....

Joined the playlist for testing purpose... but i guess no one else except french people would be able to test streams after importationMy bad! I guess I was testing with the database constraints turned off. This should fix it: 8147 - just copy it into gbpvr\Plugins. (It even preserves l'accent egue, l'accent grave and l'accent circonflexe in the station names, I'm pleased to see.)

You're right, the stations won't play for me. Interestingly, WMP won't import the playlist but VLC imports it fine and tries valiantly to play the streams but is (of course) unable to resolve the rtsp addresses.

n@boleo
2006-12-08, 07:02 PM
This should fix it: 8147 - just copy it into gbpvr\Plugins. (It even preserves l'accent egue, l'accent grave and l'accent circonflexe in the station names, I'm pleased to see.)
Importation is working now, but i had a strange behavior then :
-Removed old ubustream.xml files
-Launched config.exe -> Misc -> Plugin -> Ubustream -> settings = crash
-Tried again and again, still crashing and no way to do importation...

So I directly launched GBPVR\Plugins\UbuStreamConfig.exe and importation went prefect, even accents (i did not tried if it allows ï (i tréma), à (a accent grave), ç (c cédille) or ô (o accent circonflexe) but I guess your plugin handles them the same way than others)

So i did another test
-Removed xml files again,
-Launches setting using config.exe
-Did not validate/close the error dialog box
-Changed a setting inside UbuStreamConfig app
-Exited UbuStreamConfig using save then quit menu
-Started config.exe again and no more crash !! Importation can be done and saved

You're right, the stations won't play for me. Interestingly, WMP won't import the playlist but VLC imports it fine and tries valiantly to play the streams but is (of course) unable to resolve the rtsp addresses.
That is the normal behavior, my ISP (www.free.fr) is providing TV over DSL streams with this playlist, but only specific hardware and lines/IP adresses can receive it. They even devellopped their own player called freeplayer, based on VLC. It does explain everything.

Will try more testing this week-end (can't find the plugin in gbpvr app yet but im not using the blue skin) and will provide feedback. Do you need any specific logs/files to identify the described crash ?

ubu
2006-12-09, 01:42 AM
-Launched config.exe -> Misc -> Plugin -> Ubustream -> settings = crashCan you define "crash" a bit more precisely. Did you get an error message dialog box? What did it say?

So I directly launched GBPVR\Plugins\UbuStreamConfig.exe and importation went prefect, even accents (i did not tried if it allows ï (i tréma), à (a accent grave), ç (c cédille) or ô (o accent circonflexe) but I guess your plugin handles them the same way than others)Should do.

Will try more testing this week-end (can't find the plugin in gbpvr app yet but im not using the blue skin) and will provide feedback. Do you need any specific logs/files to identify the described crash ?Not all skins will support the new version yet but, if the UbuStream skin file is not present, it should default to the Blue skin version. If you were using a previous version of UbuStream you should probably delete (or rename) the skin.xml file in the UbuStream folder for the skin you are using. If the plugin doesn't show up in the gbpvr main menu, look in the gbpvr.exe.log file for an error message that should explain the problem. If it doesn't make sense to you, post the log file on this thread and I'll take a look.

n@boleo
2006-12-09, 09:26 PM
Can you define "crash" a bit more precisely. Did you get an error message dialog box? What did it say?
Crash means application stop abruptly. This apply to both UbuStreamConfig.exe and config.exe processes.
Error dialog box is a generic one, only saying that gbpvr produce an error and must be closed. No more detail is provided. Furthermore, the only error I can identify inside logs is a little incompatibility between weather plugin and CommonGBPVRUtilities. Logs, xml and screenshots provided. Hope it helps.

Not all skins will support the new version yet but, if the UbuStream skin file is not present, it should default to the Blue skin version. If you were using a previous version of UbuStream you should probably delete (or rename) the skin.xml file in the UbuStream folder for the skin you are using. If the plugin doesn't show up in the gbpvr main menu, look in the gbpvr.exe.log file for an error message that should explain the problem. If it doesn't make sense to you, post the log file on this thread and I'll take a look.Switch to blue skin and menu is back...:)

ubu
2006-12-10, 08:50 AM
Error dialog box is a generic one, only saying that gbpvr produce an error and must be closed. No more detail is provided. Furthermore, the only error I can identify inside logs is a little incompatibility between weather plugin and CommonGBPVRUtilities. Logs, xml and screenshots provided. Hope it helps.The first gif you attached is simply the informational message UbuStream gives you when it creates default media players in the database (when you first run it). It is simply telling you that you the specified media players don't appear to be installed on your system and that you should install them if you want to play streams that use them. (In your case: RealPlayer, Winamp and QuickTime).

The second gif doesn't tell us much, I agree. The config.exe.log does seem to indicate that the Weather plugin is having a problem with the Common GBPVR Utilities library (an incorrect version?) but nothing indicating a problem with UbuStream. The UbuStream.xml file looks ok except that I notice it only loaded one of the Dynamic Source apps (YouTube) whereas I would expect to see all of them there. So, a bit of a mystery. Let me know if you come across any more "clues". Sounds like you're up and running now, in any case.

Switch to blue skin and menu is back...:)Well that's good. I was just pointing out that you should be able to use any skin with UbuStream since it defaults to using the Blue skin if it can't find a skin.xml file for the current skin. If, however, you have an old UbuStream skin.xml in the Ubustream directory of the current skin, it will cause problems, so you should delete it.

n@boleo
2006-12-10, 06:19 PM
The first gif you attached is simply the informational message UbuStream gives you when it creates default media players in the database (when you first run it). I was aware of that, i just made that screenshot to describe as much as possible what every steps your plugin is reaching.

Weather plugin is having a problem with the Common GBPVR Utilities library (an incorrect version?) Common GBPVR Utilities library version is 1.2.2046.32553, and weather one is 4.2.2442.30056, i'll verify later if they are all at the lastest level ;-) Weather plugin is working ok so at least it a minor problem.

So, a bit of a mystery. Let me know if you come across any more "clues".Double checked everything (including debug level for config.exe) and i'm still unable to produce any trace in log files. So if you can provide a "debug" version of your DLL or whatever, i'll be please to proceed more tests. Excluding this strange beahavior i did not notice any other problem.

If, however, you have an old UbuStream skin.xml in the Ubustream directory of the current skin, it will cause problems, so you should delete it. True, my skin.xml was one from the beta version. It's now ok.

ubu
2006-12-10, 09:13 PM
Double checked everything (including debug level for config.exe) and i'm still unable to produce any trace in log files. So if you can provide a "debug" version of your DLL or whatever, i'll be please to proceed more tests. Excluding this strange beahavior i did not notice any other problem.UbuStream's config app shouldn't really need a "debug" version. If it encounters an error that is anticipated, it will display a dialog box telling you what the problem is. If an unexpected error occurs, you will get a standard Windows error message (and if you click on "Details" that will tell you where the error occured and some diagnostics).

The error dialog you were getting (your 2nd gif file) was generated by GB-PVR, not by UbuStream, so I'd expect it to be related to something in the log file. Hopefully, if you resolve the Weather plugin dll mismatch problem, it will go away. :)

n@boleo
2006-12-10, 11:07 PM
The error dialog you were getting (your 2nd gif file) was generated by GB-PVR, not by UbuStream, so I'd expect it to be related to something in the log file. Hopefully, if you resolve the Weather plugin dll mismatch problem, it will go away. :)
DLL error is fixed ! Noticed that Common GBPVR Utilities library version (1.2.2046.32553) available into wiki (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Development/Utilities) is much more older than the one provided within weather plugin installer (witch is 3.0.2494.18399) !
Dad thing is that is does not solve the problem

ubu
2006-12-11, 12:03 AM
DLL error is fixed ! Noticed that Common GBPVR Utilities library version (1.2.2046.32553) available into wiki (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Development/Utilities) is much more older than the one provided within weather plugin installer (witch is 3.0.2494.18399) !
Dad thing is that is does not solve the problemI noticed that too. It would be nice if these things were kept in synch. (For instance, McBainUK "rushed" to publish the 0.5.5 release of the GbpvrUIElements library on the wiki because he knew the new version of UbuStream would be using it).

kean
2007-04-20, 02:45 PM
Hi am using you great plugin UbuStream.And I can't figure it out how to change correctly the automatic date replacement. For example: http://now.abs-cbn.com//ondemand/game/20070420-game-300.asx
then it will be.
http://now.abs-cbn.com/ondemand/game/{today:yymmdd}-game-300.asx
Is it correct?

ubu
2007-04-20, 09:06 PM
Hi am using you great plugin UbuStream.And I can't figure it out how to change correctly the automatic date replacement. For example: http://now.abs-cbn.com//ondemand/game/20070420-game-300.asx
then it will be.
http://now.abs-cbn.com/ondemand/game/{today:yymmdd}-game-300.asx
Is it correct?You're almost correct but you need to use {today:yyyymmdd} to get the full 4 digit year. The way you have it now will only use the last two digits of the year.

ie:

{today:yymmdd} will translate to 070420

{today:yyyymmdd} will translate to 20070420

Good to know that this feature is being used. I find it quite handy but I wasn't clear that anyone else was using it. :)

majorpayne
2007-07-03, 04:09 PM
Will this plugin also let me get my local radio stations that stream music from their website?

ubu
2007-07-03, 09:41 PM
Will this plugin also let me get my local radio stations that stream music from their website?Most audio streams can be played with UbuStream (or UbuRadio). All my local radio station streams work fine with both plugins. If you are having a problem playing a specific stream, post the URL of the stream here and I'll take a look.

Or are you just living up to your forum name? ;)

ACE1234
2007-07-03, 10:27 PM
How do I get just the stream from a radio station that is streaming? It looks to me like the Windows Media player is embedded into a web browser. The site I am looking at is: http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes# Your help would be greatly appreciated

ubu
2007-07-04, 12:50 AM
How do I get just the stream from a radio station that is streaming? It looks to me like the Windows Media player is embedded into a web browser. The site I am looking at is: http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes# Your help would be greatly appreciatedThe URL for that stream is:

mms://a1095.l2015011509.c20150.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1095/20150/v0001/reflector:11509?auth=caEcGdodNbkbpcacKa4bXcIdqaQbl aScBa1-bgITVN-4q-NO1Y9_1oqFAps1IBwlzuCp&aifp=1234&CPROG=SIMULCAST&MARKET=MILWAUKEE-WI&MNM=1&NG_FORMAT=newstalk&NG_ID=wisn1130am&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&RVN_TZ=-6&SERVER_NAME=wwwnewstalk1130com&SITE_ID=1176&STATION_ID=WISN-AMDon't ask! ;) (Hint: you need a sniffer.)

Usually you can just right click the player and select Properties to see the URL, but they have it wrapped in a bunch of php obfuscation. Maybe they're scared somebody will play the stream without having to visit their website first. :)

Just add a new station in the UbuStream config app and use this URL in the station URL field (or add the URL to your UbuRadioConfig.xml file, if you're using UbuRadio).

The station appears to play advertisements 90% of the time, or maybe I hit it at a bad moment.

2007-07-05, 07:14 PM
Hi
I get the following: Error: Skin file not found: .\skin\blue\Common Dialogs\Promt Box
skin.xml

The Promt Box skin.xml is present in the folder. dated 12.10.2005

This is from installing the lates beta. No previous version of Ubu installed before

What shall I do?

Looks intresting

ubu
2007-07-05, 09:34 PM
Hi
I get the following: Error: Skin file not found: .\skin\blue\Common Dialogs\Promt Box
skin.xml

The Promt Box skin.xml is present in the folder. dated 12.10.2005

This is from installing the lates beta. No previous version of Ubu installed before

What shall I do?

Looks intrestingI'm a bit confused by the message. The skin file is "Prompt Box skin.xml" not "Promt Box skin.xml". The prompt box is used by the CommonGBPVRUtilities library to display error and yes/no dialogs. The UbuStream installer should have upgraded that library if you were running an old version.

What version of GB-PVR are you running? What version of CommonGBPVRUtilities.dll is in your gbpvr folder? Can you include the exact error message you are getting in the gbpvr.exe.log file (or just attach the log file).

2007-07-06, 08:57 PM
Sorry, just me spelling wrong! Got it working now!

radioactive1
2007-12-06, 06:05 AM
Have been unsuccessful in running UBUStreamConfig.

Log file attached.

radioactive1

kimugv
2008-07-18, 08:15 PM
hi I am getting this error when ever trying to play ubustreams streams playing with all vlc player enabled station, any Idea? windows XP, ubu 2.2

cathrynm
2008-09-10, 07:44 PM
I just installed the latest version of pvrx2 I installed ubustream and I click on the button in pvrx2 and it just does nothing.

Does this plugin still work, or should I just move on for now? I'm not really clear if this is supposed to work at this time or not. (I haven't really dug into the problem yet, but I just want to make sure it's possible before I spend time on this.)

greg in kansas
2008-09-13, 02:42 AM
Just A blink for me also. I hope UBU can look at this.

galiman
2008-10-04, 02:55 AM
Ditto. This is one of the best plugins/features of GBPVR. All I get is a blink as well.

Edit: This is a skin issue. I downloaded Community Skin and blink is gone. It now displays correct list menu.

cathrynm
2008-10-12, 07:56 AM
That fixes it. Installing the community skin zip makes it work for me also. Thanks.

mvallevand
2008-10-12, 12:25 PM
For the blue screen you also need to install some old skins manually http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=296608&postcount=4

Martin

cathrynm
2008-10-13, 03:10 AM
Hmm, yeah, I seem to have this ubustream working now. And I've been able to put my Japanese TV channel streams in as menu items.

Something along the way killed NetFlix watchnow, and now that one just crashes when I click on it. But, oh well. I have the program doing most of what I need -- off the air recording and playing these few net streams, so I think I'm basically done tweaking it for now.

Verdelon
2008-10-26, 07:19 PM
hi, i have a problem whenever i try to watch smth via Ubustream it kills off my internet connection :( using the latest GBPVR and Ubustream
here's what i've done:
1. downloaded and unzipped the UbuStream_v2.2.zip and ran the setup
2. saw the config utility of Ubu
3. was particularly happy
4. tried the ChannelMode install as specified in the wiki
5. installed VLC, lauched PVRX2 and clicked LiveTV
6. got a black screan, after a few tries noticed that it also kills my internet
7. tried to open WEbStream menu in the main menu to no avail
8. found a fix for that on the previous page
9. opened the list mode clicked a VLC marked station
10. a black screan + dead internet
where did i go wrong? :(

Verdelon
2008-10-27, 05:51 AM
mmm strike that, it was the weather plugin which killed the internet and led to black screan in list mode...still getting a black screan in Live TV though

am2pgs
2009-03-26, 01:41 AM
I have been using GBPVR for about a week. Then I tried installing ubustream V2.2.The install went ok, but I kept getting an exception whenever ubustream configuration starts. Please see ubustream.config log file below.

I tried uninstalling GBPVR completely, deleting the whole GBPVR directory and re-installing ubustream. I still get the same exception when config first starts. Any Ideas?

################################################

26/03/2009 00:27:02 INFO [UbuStreamConfigForm_Load] UbuStreamConfig started at 26/03/2009 00:27:02
26/03/2009 00:27:07 ERROR [UbuStreamConfig.AddSampleRSSFeeds] Unhandled exception at : AddSampleRSSFeeds
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
UbuStreamPlugin
at UbuStreamPlugin.UbuStreamConfigForm.AddSampleRSSFe eds()
at UbuStreamPlugin.UbuStreamConfigForm.Tweak_For_Old_ DB_Versions()
at UbuStreamPlugin.UbuStreamConfigForm.UbuStreamConfi gForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

26/03/2009 00:27:32 INFO [UbuStreamConfigForm_FormClosing] UbuStreamConfig stopping at 26/03/2009 00:27:32