PDA

View Full Version : Recordings2 - V2.1

psycik
2006-10-19, 08:38 AM
Thread for Version 2.1 issues

psycik
2006-10-19, 08:40 AM
i thin it would be good to seperate them according to program, to keep on topic and lessen the confusion and searching..

i've got a prob with new Recordings2...it's putting titles and descriptions into the dvd burn que....i can't use the que that way...i can get the title/desc./etc. on my own if there's nothing but the filename in the que... so won't work this way..
a seperate file would be ok, just not in burn-que cuz i rely on 1 line per show..
[being only the filename with path]
oh and to use with Recordings2,i have to use a seperate version not available on wiki yet..so i'll have to set up a new link for one to use special with recordings2...
what changes are in this version with respect to showburner?
[using status.txt etc?] where does info come from for display in Burndvd list?
after a few upgrades etc. i'm back on the job...:)

I thought you could take the description and title...

Ok, can remove those, I haven't seen the version of showburner with the status file in yet, so haven't coded for it.

I couldn't do a heap of testing of showburner, as my one still complains about can't find fmpeg....I'll get down your new version and see if that goes any better.

But I'd like to complete some changes to ML2 first...

pBS
2006-10-19, 09:58 AM
yea,currently it's already setup to do the titles and descriptions, so would be easier to just leave them out...[and compatibility with the other version of showburner]

and just display the filename [without path] in file burn list..
most of the shows have title as filename so that should be enough info plus the date etc. is at the end...[for burnlist dialog]

hmmm,that last batch file i sent you should have had the status.txt stuff in it..i could be wrong tho..:)
easy to test...just change the file's contents while in gbpvr, and if that works then should be no problem..i made a little status indicator and that worked nicely..

i've been using my current version for some time working out name bugs and it's been working flawlessly...no ffmpeg stuff needed..:) [only in 98.8+]
i'll package you up a new version, but make sure to uninstall the old one first...[and make sure ffmpeg works in transcoder section]

to uninstall old version:
copy \third party\ffmpeg\fmpeg.exe to ffmpeg.exe...[overwrite] [ffmpeg.exe should now be 2+ megs in size] or make sure the ffmpeg.exe you have is this size..
copy the default transcoder section of config-master.dont-edit-me.xml back into config.xml over modified ones..
remove the showburner dir..

new version for yours won't need the ffmpeg stuff,nor the profile mods..
[mucho simplified] so totally stand alone, and pretty much no installation except copy files...
please take the link off the wiki cuz that ver. won't work with this just yet..[may in the future tho]
i think a custom, simple version is the way to go here...
now that the forums are back up and jammin, can't wait to get the status stuff workin..:D
oh and put a inset window in the skins...:) i like to browse while watching..
[i just copy from blue skin]

pBS
2006-10-19, 10:55 AM
i'm going to try to upload it here...may be fixed in the new and improved forum software...:)
nope....lol
wiki updated with latest ver. that should also work with yours..:D
[includes status messages and no ffmpeg problems..]

Spartan
2006-10-23, 04:05 AM
Is the upload bad on the wiki? I see no items in my records2 list and the following errors in my gbpvr.log:

10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.781 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="ListingSelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.781 VERBOSE [1] Initializing skin helper for: .\skin\Blue\Recordings2\skin.xml
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.796 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="SelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.796 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="NoWatchSelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.796 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="ListingSelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.796 VERBOSE [1] Initializing skin helper for: .\skin\Blue\Recordings2\skin.xml
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.812 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="SelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.812 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="NoWatchSelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.812 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="ListingSelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.812 VERBOSE [1] Initializing skin helper for: .\skin\Blue\Recordings2\skin.xml
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.812 VERBOSE [1] Initializing skin helper for: .\skin\Blue\Recordings2\skin.xml
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.828 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="SelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.828 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="NoWatchSelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.828 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="ListingSelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.828 VERBOSE [1] Initializing skin helper for: .\skin\Blue\Recordings2\skin.xml
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.843 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="SelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.843 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="NoWatchSelectedListItemImage"]
10/22/2006 10:59:34 PM.843 ERROR [1] Unable to find named image: /settings/CompositeImages/CompositeImage[@name="ListingSelectedListItemImage"]

psycik
2006-10-23, 05:00 AM
While they shouldn't be there, and I'll have to fix it. I just installed on a clean gbpvr install (from a download) and I get the same messages but it all works.

Any other messages about why it can't see stuff? You running stuff from local drives, or network drives??

mila06
2006-11-20, 11:08 AM
Hi Psycik

Will Recording2 work with the new version of pBS's showburner? If not are you then considering upgrading Recordings2 with the new showburner?

psycik
2006-11-20, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure if it does work, and haven't downloaded the new version. It seems to have been seperated more with pBS writing his own plugin...I think....

mila06
2006-11-20, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure if it does work, and haven't downloaded the new version. It seems to have been seperated more with pBS writing his own plugin...I think....

I think you, more or less, only have to edit some paths in your recordings plugin. The burndvd.bat is placed in "Third Party". The functions are the same (dvdque etc.) :)
I just love your Recordingsplugin, and it seems a bit more smooth to burn the shows from your plugin, than using the transcode menu!!

pBS
2006-11-27, 12:31 AM
yea, the new gbpvr changed the exe/bat call so i could do it much easier and simpler...so should still work with your plugin,just changed the path of the .bat file...i'm still outputting status messages and everything..:)
new installer makes install much easier and should work fine with your setup now..[no more conflicts with ffmpeg!] i hardcode in full paths and even include burner program now! :D

the visual feedback is very nice to have, so would still love to see it available from your plugin as an option, basically just have it call the batch file with
[add "filename" ] to add files to que, and run the batch file without any params to do the actuall burn..[oh and "remove" as param to remove last file from que]
ability to select batch file would be better than selecting the dir, as my batch willl make sure it's in proper dir before doing anything..

it's working very stably now and havent had any problems with latest version..
now even has audible feedback.. :D [talks to ya!]

mpking
2006-12-31, 07:31 PM
On the wiki, you mentioned you cranked the font up really big on the Recordings2 for the MVP. How do you adjust this?

I have a normal TV, but two blind operators. (Me and the Wife)

We can never read the standard display on the default recordings.

One other thing, When I use the computer on the Recordings2, I can't click the buttons. I can only use the keyboard.

(Love Showburner, this is how I found the recordings2 plugin)

psycik
2006-12-31, 09:38 PM
Basically you find the skin file and edit these lines:

<TextStyles>
<TextStyle name="Testing" color="White" typeFace="Arial" size="17" style="plain"/>
<TextStyle name="ButtonSelectedText" color="White" typeFace="Arial" size="13" style="bold" align="left" />
<TextStyle name="GeneralText" color="Yellow" typeFace="Arial" size="14" style="plain" align="left" />
<TextStyle name="WatchedText" color="White" typeFace="Arial" size="14" style="plain" align="left" />
<TextStyle name="MissingText" color="Gray" typeFace="Arial" size="14" style="plain" align="left" />
<TextStyle name="MissingTextSelected" color="Blue" typeFace="Arial" size="14" style="plain" align="left" />
<TextStyle name="SelectedGeneralText" color="Yellow" typeFace="Arial" size="14" style="plain" align="left" />
<TextStyle name="TitleBarText" color="White" typeFace="Arial" size="15" style="bold"/>
<TextStyle name="DialogText" color="White" typeFace="Arial" size="14" style="plain"/>

<!-- Popup Dialog text styles -->
<TextStyle name="PopupTags" color="Yellow" typeFace="Arial" size="13" style="bold"/>
<TextStyle name="PopupText" color="White" typeFace="Arial" size="13" style="bold"/>

</TextStyles>

My one is attached, its for a variation on the BlueMCE skin - you may be able to take the text style sizes for any other skin.