PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Web Admin

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

KingArgyle
2005-10-17, 12:41 PM
If I download the link in the m3u file, I can download the file. A minor annoyance having to open the file up directly. A simple config option in the Web Admin would be nice to control the behavior of the available recordings. Either download or play with an m3u playlist or even an ASX file for WM9.

I personally use and prefer using ZoomPlayer for my media playing and movie watching.

johnburton
2005-10-19, 10:14 AM
One thing I would like to see added is an option to either download the programs through the web admin, or through a program like VLC. The problem for me is that I have never been able to get VLC to work while streaming, it acts likes it's going to play but no video or audio shows up and the counter just moves. However, playing it directly (accessing the file directly throught the network) VLC will play the exact same file.

It's strange it never used to work for me either, but recently I've downloaded version 0.8.1 and it works seemlessly within EWA, just the way I would expect.

David
2005-10-23, 02:17 AM
May I suggest adding the build number to one of the pages, perhaps the config page or statistics. It would be helpful to know if the most current version is installed.

UncleJohnsBand
2005-10-23, 03:09 AM
May I suggest adding the build number to one of the pages, perhaps the config page or statistics. It would be helpful to know if the most current version is installed.

Simply hover your mouse over the GB-PVR logo in the upper left hand corner of the pages when you are logged into the web admin.....you should see a box appear showing the build number.

CurtisMinBC
2005-10-23, 04:42 AM
Hello again,

Never did get a response regarding whether or not someone would be willing to make Web Admin compatible with Pocket Internet Explorer?

It would be be greatly appreciated.

RGDS & TIA

Curtis M.

sub
2005-10-23, 05:37 AM
Never did get a response regarding whether or not someone would be willing to make Web Admin compatible with Pocket Internet Explorer?I'd say no respones means nobody is currently keen on taking on the task. Its definitely doable, but just requires someone that has the skills/time/interest to do the project.

normanr
2005-10-23, 08:35 AM
CurtisMinBC: it should already be, what functionality is broken?

CurtisMinBC
2005-10-23, 06:58 PM
CurtisMinBC: it should already be, what functionality is broken?

Well I notice that it does do recording correctly however when I am in the Program Information screen and then choose "Record" it takes me back to the Program Information screen instead of the listings like it would if I was on my PC.

On the flipside if I choose Cancel instead of Record it takes me back to the login screen and if I login back again I am returned to the Program Information screen so it is sort of an endless loop.

Your help is appreciated.

RGDS & TIA

Curtis M.

normanr
2005-10-23, 08:07 PM
mmm, this is because it expects to be able to popup a window, so it's doing a close & update previous window. With a bit of work it might be possible to make it work seamlessly for PocketPC, but it's difficult to test without one :p

CurtisMinBC
2005-10-23, 08:12 PM
normanr,

I don't mind guinea pigging it or you can get the emulator whichever you prefer.

Jams6502
2005-10-23, 08:22 PM
Hi

Is is possible to limit the maximum height of a row in the TV Guide part of Enhanced Web Admin ? I'm thinking of when a program takes up a small amount of horizontal space and so the text description runs to maybe 18 rows.

Is there a way of putting an upper limit on the length of the description, or limit the max number of lines for a row ?

Thanks
Jimmy

SFX Group
2005-10-25, 09:52 AM
Hi,

Says "since b14 you can choose autologin", where is the "autologin" settings?

Many Thanks
Ashley

normanr
2005-10-25, 10:16 AM
"Since Build 14 you can choose ‘autologin’ as your username"

SFX Group
2005-10-25, 11:09 AM
Found it and working...

Under "manual recordings" there is a "play program" button, is there a way to change this link, i have my PVR behind a firewall and NAT running, this means i need this link to refer to a new location that will proxy over to the PVR box for me....

Many Thanks
Ashley

normanr
2005-10-25, 11:39 AM
the link should autodetect the current location and use that.

SFX Group
2005-10-25, 04:04 PM
Well see when you use a "proxy" its on a machine on the same network, then it forwards it to you, so it detects it as a local machine requesting the info.

Problem is its sending out a local IP address through a firewall so your never get the file as you cant connect to a local address, it needs to be public. Problem is the mahcine will NEVER work this out unless you are doing client side processing, but even that isnt working as its not going back through the proxy server, its going direct.

I have a feeling it would be easier to allow a "template" URL structure to be used instead, set it to "inteligent" then for use who need to change it for firewalls we can???

Many Thanks
Ashley

normanr
2005-10-25, 05:07 PM
This should have been fixed since at least build 28. The download should generate a playlist as the _client_ expects it.

i.e. if you load http://some.host.here:7647/gbpvr/Guide.aspx then the playlist url's should always be http://some.host.here:7647/gbpvr/public/download.aspx?.....

superdad
2005-10-28, 06:41 PM
Silly question time, is there a complete-ish change log available for the Enhanced Web admin? I looked at the wiki page and I couldn't find one.

UncleJohnsBand
2005-10-28, 07:43 PM
Silly question time, is there a complete-ish change log available for the Enhanced Web admin? I looked at the wiki page and I couldn't find one.
Sure.....it's this thread.....;)

Probably not a bad idea to start one....it would make it a little easier to track the what's new/fixed for the releases.

normanr and I are working on some enhancements now that will be out in a couple of weeks. I'll talked to him and see if we can come up with something for this release.

In the meantime....here is a roundup from the thread:

03-26-2005 Build 10:
- Adjusted size of pop-up window for show details.

04-02-2005 Build 11:
- New play / watch / download link to access recorded programs across http. (open the url with VLC, don't let you browser download the mpeg file).
- New filter for manage recordings lets you filter on recording status.
- New search by channel option.
- Some fixes to make the guide more viewable on a low res screen.

04-04-2005 Build 12:
- Play / watch / download link now generates a playlist file (.m3u) that browsers can happily completely download. The playlist has a single item that points to the large recording.

04-17-2005 Build 14:
- secure url for playback, also you can now watch recording programs, but VLC does get confused, so be careful. I need to debug this more.
- repeat the time and back/next buttons headers.
- build version shows as tooltip when you hover over the main gb-pvr graphic
- if you change the username to 'autologin' (in the config tool) then you will not be asked for the password. just know that you're asking for trouble if you do this, anyone will be able to access your system without a password, make sure you have a firewall installed.

04-22-2005 Build 14b:
- The only change is that it's got the white tags removed as wake requested and I was going to update the wiki to reflect build 14, and figured since i had made the fix locally i could upload it too.

04-26-2005 Build 15:
- preview of how tabs are going to work, and how themes will be done. I plan to move all buttons etc, into template based style-sheets just like the 'Sliding Doors of CSS' menu.
- added erik's hide zero length fix.
- new logoff button for those who might need it
- new admin button that doesn't do anything yet :-)

04-27-2005 Build 16:
- some more attempts in getting buttons (now links) to be css only (more stuff based on 'Sliding Doors of CSS').
- you can configure some settings in config-recorders.xml
- favicon included in theme

05-08-2005 Build 17:
- load culture from browser request
- title and length info in the downloaded m3u file
- settings load better when the config-recorders file is missing
- added overlapping programs fix provided by erik
- removed some of the unused images

05-21-2005 Build 18:
- multiple overlapping programs fix
- fix for downloading recordings bigger than 2gb
- new deleted recording type in manage recording screen (not shown by default)
- cleaned up the login/logout/admin tab for stable release

05-30-2005 Build 19:
- There is a 0.91 and a 0.92 build: They both have the new Config tab, that read & writes the config-web.xml file (no more hidden options).
- Additionally the 0.92 build supports the display of 'deleted' scheduled recording correctly. Don't ask how you undelete them, I'm not quite sure. (sub may have added an API to do it, but I haven't looked)

07-08-2005 Build 20:
- Adds support for ZapTools information.

07-14-2005 Build 21:
- Adds more support for ZapTools information (Manage Recordings Page).

07-23-2005 Build 22:
- Fixes NullReference Exception Problem.

08-06-2005 Build 23:
- It has a fairly simple statistics page that includes: disk space reporting, scheduled recording status, capture source status, and a log file link.

08-07-2005 Build 24:
- Patch from UncleJohnsBand for default recording quality.
- Added space used by GB-PVR files in statistics.
- Added double-check when loading Config settings (this might fix the css bug)

08-09-2005 Build 25:
- Patch from UncleJohnsBand for ZapTool AO Rating.
- Fail gracefully if statistics fail to load.

08-21-2005 Build 26:
- Fixes trace bug.

09-28-2005 Build 27:
- Fixes Capture Source status for new version of GB-PVR (thanks to sub)
- Adds EPG Remaining indicator (thanks to UncleJohnsBand)

10-05-2005 Build 28:
- Manage recordings page now sorts (thanks to UncleJohnsBand)
- Added Video and Music Library (with album art)
- Added Transcoding status (thanks to cubsfan)
- You can now watch Timeshifted LiveTV via the web interface

rob_z11
2005-10-29, 02:58 PM
I finally got webadmin to work for my installation, and it is really really sharp interface.

I would like to know if there is any actual work is being done to stream your recordings or may be live tv, so I can select different quality level.

I have friend who has MythTV installed in one of the Linux distribution, he can select the different frame-rate and bits/sec, so he can stream recorded tv to his PC at work from home. Typically upload bandwidth on broadband connections are not that high to support boradcast quality video streaming from home.

If you are on home LAN, you can select higher quality rate on your laptop or computer in other room to view the recordings.

Any ideas on how to accomplish that.

Keep up the good work.

Rob

UncleJohnsBand
2005-10-29, 06:05 PM
I finally got webadmin to work for my installation, and it is really really sharp interface.

I would like to know if there is any actual work is being done to stream your recordings or may be live tv, so I can select different quality level.

I have friend who has MythTV installed in one of the Linux distribution, he can select the different frame-rate and bits/sec, so he can stream recorded tv to his PC at work from home. Typically upload bandwidth on broadband connections are not that high to support boradcast quality video streaming from home.

If you are on home LAN, you can select higher quality rate on your laptop or computer in other room to view the recordings.

Any ideas on how to accomplish that.

Keep up the good work.

Rob

Rob....if you are referring to actual streaming as in a streaming server nothing is being developed to my knowledge.

If you are just wondering about being able to view your recorded shows you should be able to just click on the Play Program button under the Manage Recordings Tab. Please note....you must use VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) as your player....Windows Media player will not allow a partial stream....VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) does. You are correct....viewing from outside your LAN is conditional on you broadband upload speed.

You could setup VLC on your GBPVR server and use VLC as the stream server. Not sure what all is involved in that but I am sure you could find what you need to do on the VLC website. (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/)

gEd
2005-10-29, 09:12 PM
I periodically use VLC to stream (push) a recording over to my laptop. You have to run VLC on the server and select wizard option, browse for the recording, enter destination IP and TTL and then run VLC client on your client and open http network stream.

All a bit of a hassle really but (even now that I am on wireless g) many of my recording stutter if I simply select "play" from webadmin.

The ideal solution would be if selecting "play" kicks off some server-side code to tell VLC to stream the recording.

KingArgyle
2005-10-29, 09:23 PM
Not exactly integrated, but possibly could be. There is a free Streaming Media server called Unreal Media Server.

http://www.umediaserver.net/

rob_z11
2005-10-30, 01:26 PM
I was thinking about more integrated with Web Admin.

Ideally, it will have tab for streaming with several options such as frame rate, TTL, and different bit rate, and it will envoke VLC on the background to stream all your recorded program anywhere on the planet that you have access to your webserver.

Anyway, Enhanced Web Admin is really sharp interface. Great work.

Rob

ThomasM
2005-10-30, 07:51 PM
The first post in this thread should point to http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/EnhancedWebAdmin not the old Wiki - I don't know if this can this be updated? I just did a round about trip to get to the right page..Just my 2c.

Thanks for an excellent extension to GBPVR. I have a suggestion: can you add a link to the music library Album view - play that can send a m3u playlist (Probably need to set a configurable string to pre-pend each entry. eg //jukebox/music/artist/album/xxx.mp3 for unc and z:/music/artist/album/xxx.mp3 for a mapped drive or even add streaming prefix...) So I can browse to an album and then play or enqueue it?

Another thought: the album art is only viewable from the track level. I would like if possible to see it from the directory above ie at Album name level. My mp3 library is sorted on disk as genre/artist/album/tracks, I think this is a fairly common way to store mp3's

This project can replace the MVP emulators out there! Much more portable than an emulator too, will run on Linux, Mac - anything with a half decent multimedia enabled browser...Did I say phone?

Thomas

superdad
2005-10-30, 08:56 PM
ahh, yes. I found it now. I'll have to look and see how/if there's an interface to do it.

Hi Norman, Your quote above was in response to soemone asking for you to look into adding a feature to select the 'number of refordings to keep' just like is available in the gbpvr gui.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=2030&page=32

Have you had a chance to look into this for release 29? If not would you mind if I had a shot at adding it?

Thanks for your time.

UncleJohnsBand
2005-10-31, 12:15 AM
Hi Norman, Your quote above was in response to soemone asking for you to look into adding a feature to select the 'number of refordings to keep' just like is available in the gbpvr gui.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=2030&page=32

Have you had a chance to look into this for release 29? If not would you mind if I had a shot at adding it?

Thanks for your time.

FYI....normanr will need to get back to you on this....he is on holiday this week. :)

psycik
2005-10-31, 03:40 AM
Hi

Just install Ehanced Web Admin build 28. Like the Music Library and video library. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to handle network drives. Although I wonder if this is an XP quirk, as in I doubt the user account that GBPVR is running under would have access to network resources.

Also a little while back I asked about getting mouseover description boxes. Is this something likely to be looked at, or has it been discarded?

David
2005-10-31, 03:59 AM
If you change the account for the GBPVR service to one with network access, it will work for you.

UncleJohnsBand
2005-10-31, 10:02 AM
Hi

Just install Ehanced Web Admin build 28. Like the Music Library and video library. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to handle network drives. Although I wonder if this is an XP quirk, as in I doubt the user account that GBPVR is running under would have access to network resources.

Also a little while back I asked about getting mouseover description boxes. Is this something likely to be looked at, or has it been discarded?

You need to enter the network drive UNC directly into the config.xml since GBPVR won't let you enter it via the congig interface.

slx
2005-10-31, 04:41 PM
I want to change alittle in Download.aspx.cs
private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

but nothing happens
more exactly I want to send a .wpl file instead:
code:

Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "video/x-ms-wmp");
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" + Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileName) + ".wpl\"");
// Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "audio/mpegurl");
// Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" + Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileName) + ".m3u\"");
// Response.Write("#EXTM3U\r\n");
// Response.Write("#EXTINF:" + seconds + "," + Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileName) + "\r\n");

//mintest
Response.Write("<?wpl version=\"1.0\"?>\r\n");
Response.Write("<smil>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <head>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <meta name=\"Generator\" content=\"Microsoft Windows Media Player -- 10.0.0.3802\"/>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <author/>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <title>"+Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileName)+"</title>\r\n");
Response.Write(" </head>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <body>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <seq>\r\n");

string url = Request.Url.ToString().Replace(
Request.Url.Scheme + Uri.SchemeDelimiter + Request.Url.Authority,
Request.Url.Scheme + Uri.SchemeDelimiter + Request.Headers["Host"]);
Response.Write(url + "&mode=1\r\n");
//mintest
Response.Write(" <media src=\""+ url +"/>\r\n");
Response.Write(" </seq>\r\n");
Response.Write(" </body>\r\n");
Response.Write("</smil>\r\n");

but it still sends m3u files, do I have to somehow compile the .cs file before it is used? I couldnt open the csproj file in VS.net it said something about it cant find the server or something.. but I can view the webmin in IE ...
Please help!

UncleJohnsBand
2005-10-31, 09:38 PM
I want to change alittle in Download.aspx.cs
private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

but nothing happens
more exactly I want to send a .wpl file instead:
code:

Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "video/x-ms-wmp");
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" + Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileName) + ".wpl\"");
// Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "audio/mpegurl");
// Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" + Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileName) + ".m3u\"");
// Response.Write("#EXTM3U\r\n");
// Response.Write("#EXTINF:" + seconds + "," + Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileName) + "\r\n");

//mintest
Response.Write("<?wpl version=\"1.0\"?>\r\n");
Response.Write("<smil>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <head>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <meta name=\"Generator\" content=\"Microsoft Windows Media Player -- 10.0.0.3802\"/>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <author/>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <title>"+Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileName)+"</title>\r\n");
Response.Write(" </head>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <body>\r\n");
Response.Write(" <seq>\r\n");

string url = Request.Url.ToString().Replace(
Request.Url.Scheme + Uri.SchemeDelimiter + Request.Url.Authority,
Request.Url.Scheme + Uri.SchemeDelimiter + Request.Headers["Host"]);
Response.Write(url + "&mode=1\r\n");
//mintest
Response.Write(" <media src=\""+ url +"/>\r\n");
Response.Write(" </seq>\r\n");
Response.Write(" </body>\r\n");
Response.Write("</smil>\r\n");

but it still sends m3u files, do I have to somehow compile the .cs file before it is used? I couldnt open the csproj file in VS.net it said something about it cant find the server or something.. but I can view the webmin in IE ...
Please help!
Yep....you must comple the .cs file for that change to take effect. Do yo have IIS installed on you PC? You will need IIS installed to open the csproj file. When you click on that file it opens a session for the gbpvr web within IIS so that Visual Studio can work on the Web Project.

Any reason you want to change the file extension? If you want windows media to open the file just set the .m3u file type to windows media player.

I know one drawback in changing the association to Windows Media player will be video playback. It should be fine for MP3/WMA playback but video will not stream correctly. You must use VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) to stream the video. It allows playback as the data is streamed. Thus far all other players require the file you are looking to stream to be completly downloaded prior to playback starting. I believe that the MP3/WMA playback will also require a complete download prior to playing as well....but since the files are smaller it isn't as anoying.

superdad
2005-11-01, 12:46 AM
Note: For some reason it appears that it will only come up correcty in IE when hosted via IIS....not sure why.

I got it running through Apache and AFAIK everything is showing correctly.

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/SetupApacheCLI

UncleJohnsBand
2005-11-01, 01:02 AM

Can you edit/debug the project when it is hosted on Apache?

cubsfan
2005-11-03, 01:51 AM
Any idea when the Web Admin Util will support all the Season recording options?

UncleJohnsBand
2005-11-03, 08:16 PM
Any idea when the Web Admin Util will support all the Season recording options?

sub hasn't added the methods to the public API....he was hoping to do it with the next release but he is running behind. We could look at doing a direct code of the process in the web admin but I hate to duplicate code and then have to either modify it to the API later or make changes to the exteranl routines so that they match what is offered in the API.

We just need to be patient.....I am sure it won't be too much longer. ;)

goelectric
2005-11-06, 10:04 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the great tip on how to get it running with Apache. It works fine if I delete the NativeUtilities.dll from the web/bin directory - but every time I run the GB-PVR config utility or re-start the recording service the NativeUtilities.dll file gets re-copied to the web/bin directory and the Apache web interface breaks unitl I manually delete the file again.

Is there a way of stopping the recording service re-start doing this?

Thanks

PS. On Windows XP with GB-PVR 0.94.13 and Apache2

Steve.

normanr
2005-11-06, 12:46 PM
The easiest is to probably copy what works into another folder, this way GB-PVR can do what it wants, but it doesn't affect the copy that you're running. You just need to remember to upgrade it manually when you upgrade the rest of GB-PVR.

goelectric
2005-11-06, 01:22 PM
The easiest is to probably copy what works into another folder, this way GB-PVR can do what it wants, but it doesn't affect the copy that you're running. You just need to remember to upgrade it manually when you upgrade the rest of GB-PVR.

Fantastic - thanks for the quick solution. :)

In case its not obvious to others - here's what I did.

I copied my working
"C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpcr\web" folder (e.g without the NativeUtilities.dll in) to another directory ( in my case "D:\Program Files\devnz\gbpcr\web") then edited my httpd.conf to use the new copied folder instead of the original and it works great.

So here are the changed lines in my httpd.conf :-

AspNetMount /gbpvr "d:/Program Files/devnz/gbpvr/web"

Alias /gbpvr "d:/Program Files/devnz/gbpvr/web"

<Directory "d:/Program Files/devnz/gbpvr/web/bin">
Options FollowSymlinks
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory "d:/Program Files/devnz/gbpvr/web">
Options FollowSymlinks Indexes Includes ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
DirectoryIndex login.aspx index.aspx default.htm default.aspx
</Directory>

kelloggz
2005-11-16, 09:18 PM
Hi. Is it possible to change the time-format to 24hr european one? i don't find something like this under configure.Thanks for answer.

betlit
2005-11-17, 10:57 AM
i guess you are using firefox.

go to 'tools --> preferences --> general --> languages' and add your language/country (e.g. german/switzerland).

then you'll get the 24 hour clock.

kelloggz
2005-11-17, 06:12 PM
i guess you are using firefox.

go to 'tools --> preferences --> general --> languages' and add your language/country (e.g. german/switzerland).

then you'll get the 24 hour clock.

Thanks, that fixed it. But wouldn't it be nicer when you can change that via the configure point? (just my 2 cents ;) )

normanr
2005-11-17, 07:48 PM
Nope, I think it's far cooler to have it automatically detect what the viewer's regional settings are and use that.

BTW: The 'tools --> preferences --> general --> languages' holds true for both IE and Firefox, and I wouldn't be surprised if Opera had the same settings.

drugstore_cowboy
2005-11-18, 05:20 AM
Hey Normanr or UncleJohnsBand,

I have another computer that is running the built in XP IIS 5.1 web server and I had the Enhanced Web Admin working by copying the web folder over etc... changed the config.xml file to list the full \\server name\path for the recordings dir etc. then one day I had problems and no more joy... So I decided to keep the files on the HTPC and just point to the share (IIS allows you to virtual directory to a share on another computer). Only problem is I keep getting the NativeUtilities.dll error ?? I tried turning off the initegrated web server within GBPVR, then deleting all the files in the web\bin folder, restarting the web server to generate a new copy of the deleted files, and finally turning off the integrated web server again. I would think that now everything is in its place and all should be well since my IIS server is now pointing to the GBPVR web folder as a virtual directory and all the files are present??

I assume that this is a permissions thing so I gave the "Everyone" account full permissions on GBPVR's web folder and still the same error... Any ideas? I have included a zipped copy of the error I am getting

psycik
2005-11-18, 07:23 AM
If i want to have a toodle around with Enhanced web admin
What do i need running on my machine - i.e I have Visual Studio, and a copy of GBPVR (not my main one) do i need IIS on here as well??

IF not, when i old it says it can't open or create the web project at http://localhost/gbpvr blah blah.

So I started up the config.exe, turned on the gbpvr webserver, then jumped in the gbpvr.sln file and changed the localhost to localhost:7467

No I get The webserver is not running ASP.Net 1.1

Is this the way to do it, or should I just install IIS?

UncleJohnsBand
2005-11-19, 12:27 AM
If i want to have a toodle around with Enhanced web admin
What do i need running on my machine - i.e I have Visual Studio, and a copy of GBPVR (not my main one) do i need IIS on here as well??

IF not, when i old it says it can't open or create the web project at http://localhost/gbpvr blah blah.

So I started up the config.exe, turned on the gbpvr webserver, then jumped in the gbpvr.sln file and changed the localhost to localhost:7467

No I get The webserver is not running ASP.Net 1.1

Is this the way to do it, or should I just install IIS?

You need IIS installed on your machine. Then you need to setup a virtual directory in IIS that points to the Web folder. Then name of the virtual directory should be gbweb.

Then if you double click the gbweb.csproj it should open in Visual Studio.

UncleJohnsBand
2005-11-19, 12:35 AM
Hey Normanr or UncleJohnsBand,

I have another computer that is running the built in XP IIS 5.1 web server and I had the Enhanced Web Admin working by copying the web folder over etc... changed the config.xml file to list the full \\server name\path for the recordings dir etc. then one day I had problems and no more joy... So I decided to keep the files on the HTPC and just point to the share (IIS allows you to virtual directory to a share on another computer). Only problem is I keep getting the NativeUtilities.dll error ?? I tried turning off the initegrated web server within GBPVR, then deleting all the files in the web\bin folder, restarting the web server to generate a new copy of the deleted files, and finally turning off the integrated web server again. I would think that now everything is in its place and all should be well since my IIS server is now pointing to the GBPVR web folder as a virtual directory and all the files are present??

I assume that this is a permissions thing so I gave the "Everyone" account full permissions on GBPVR's web folder and still the same error... Any ideas? I have included a zipped copy of the error I am getting

Do you have all of these files in the Bin directory:

drugstore_cowboy
2005-11-19, 01:59 AM

Hey UncleJohnsBand... no I only have the following:

UncleJohnsBand
2005-11-19, 03:52 AM
Hey UncleJohnsBand... no I only have the following:

Ok...let me recap what I think you are trying to run.....you have the Web Admin files sitting on a PC on your network. You are running IIS on another machine and have setup the folder for the web admin on the other machine as a Virtual directory.

Is that correct?

drugstore_cowboy
2005-11-19, 03:59 AM
Ok...let me recap what I think you are trying to run.....you have the Web Admin files sitting on a PC on your network. You are running IIS on another machine and have setup the folder for the web admin on the other machine as a Virtual directory.

Is that correct?

Yes you are correct "Computer 1" on the network is running GBPVR and "Computer 2" on the same network is running IIS. I have created a virtual directory that points to "Computer 1's" Enhanced Web Admin web folder - no joy as I keep getting the Native Utilitites error :( I even set the Web folder so that the Everyone account has full access

Any ideas?

superdad
2005-11-19, 04:51 AM

It's been my experience that if you have nativeutilities.dll in the /bin folder then you get that error. Remove the .dll and you're good to go. Sounds Whacky, but it works for me.

drugstore_cowboy
2005-11-19, 07:39 AM
It's been my experience that if you have nativeutilities.dll in the /bin folder then you get that error. Remove the .dll and you're good to go. Sounds Whacky, but it works for me.

Well I guess that was the push I needed to update to the latest version of GBPVR :) I thought that I would try deleting just the NativeUtilities.dll and then fire up Config to enable the internal web server... clicked "Ok" to save and restart the recording service..... *BOOM* a quick flash of blue screen followed directly by a reboot sent my blood pressure up to the top. After the "automatic reboot" I tried to fire up GBPVR - .NET errors and a corrupted database.

On the bright side I noticed some nice enhancements that I can't wait to try out but on a bad note I am still having issues wit the Enhanced Web Admin.... and I am a little gun shy about deleting the Native Utilities again :)

UncleJohnsBand
2005-11-19, 03:49 PM
Yes you are correct "Computer 1" on the network is running GBPVR and "Computer 2" on the same network is running IIS. I have created a virtual directory that points to "Computer 1's" Enhanced Web Admin web folder - no joy as I keep getting the Native Utilitites error :( I even set the Web folder so that the Everyone account has full access

Any ideas?

I'll need to dig through the forumns but if I recall correctly this configuration will not work....I know that there was a discussion surrounding this configuration and I belive it had something to do with GBPVR/Web Admin being on a different PC than IIS and GBPVR itself and the version of IIS that comes with XP Pro not being as robust as IIS that comes with a Windows Server edition. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

drugstore_cowboy
2005-11-19, 05:16 PM
I'll need to dig through the forums....I know that there was a discussion surrounding this configuration...

Not sure if this is the discussion you are talking about but I had this working previously with a similar configuration - difference here being that I had actually pulled the "web" folder from GBPVR and dropped it on my IIS Web server, created a registry entry on the IIS Web server HKLM\Software\Devnz\ to point to the GBPVR machine installation, changed the config.xml paths to reflect UNC paths and everything was kind of working except for Statistics etc. Then for whatever reason it stopped working.

Discussion 1 (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=49761&postcount=317)
Discussion cont'd (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=49914&postcount=321)

UncleJohnsBand
2005-11-19, 08:20 PM
Not sure if this is the discussion you are talking about but I had this working previously with a similar configuration - difference here being that I had actually pulled the "web" folder from GBPVR and dropped it on my IIS Web server, created a registry entry on the IIS Web server HKLM\Software\Devnz\ to point to the GBPVR machine installation, changed the config.xml paths to reflect UNC paths and everything was kind of working except for Statistics etc. Then for whatever reason it stopped working.

Discussion 1 (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=49761&postcount=317)
Discussion cont'd (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=49914&postcount=321)

Yep....I believe you need to have the Web Admin running on the same machine as IIS.

gkreis
2005-12-01, 07:21 PM
If you use the web interface to cancel a recording, while it is in progress, it stops it and leaves it for viewing - this is what I'd expect. But if you use Cancel, in the web interface, on a completed recording it removes it from the list of recordings (in the web interface and in GBPVR's PC client), but the recording is still left in the folder on the drive. This can lead to lost space and no indication in the recordings listings that you have anything to rid.

Perhaps the web interface 'cancel' should obey the rules of the config setting and either delete it or ask to confirm if you want to delete (based on the settings). It might be helpful to change the wording from 'Cancel' to 'Delete' if the recording has already completed.

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-01, 10:12 PM
If you use the web interface to cancel a recording, while it is in progress, it stops it and leaves it for viewing - this is what I'd expect. But if you use Cancel, in the web interface, on a completed recording it removes it from the list of recordings (in the web interface and in GBPVR's PC client), but the recording is still left in the folder on the drive. This can lead to lost space and no indication in the recordings listings that you have anything to rid.

Perhaps the web interface 'cancel' should obey the rules of the config setting and either delete it or ask to confirm if you want to delete (based on the settings). It might be helpful to change the wording from 'Cancel' to 'Delete' if the recording has already completed.

In the upcomming release (coming soon....honest ;)) when you are in Manage Recordings or Tv Guide and select the titile of the show that is already recorded your button options are now Delete Recording and Close - Take No Action.

j3flight
2005-12-02, 05:20 AM
In the upcomming release (coming soon....honest ;)) when you are in Manage Recordings or Tv Guide and select the titile of the show that is already recorded your button options are now Delete Recording and Close - Take No Action.

Yay!!! Thanks!
Did sub add the external API hooks for the "keep number of recordings" feature in this latest release?

sub
2005-12-02, 05:30 AM
Did sub add the external API hooks for the "keep number of recordings" feature in this latest release?No, I didnt get time. I also havnt yet made the changes to the scheduler, which was the original reason for me to put off making this extra API.

I'll make an effort to do it for the next release (v0.96).

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-03, 01:29 AM
No, I didnt get time. I also havnt yet made the changes to the scheduler, which was the original reason for me to put off making this extra API.

I'll make an effort to do it for the next release (v0.96).

Thanks Sub.

j3flight
2005-12-03, 04:21 AM
That's fine, thanks sub!

CurtisMinBC
2005-12-04, 05:43 AM
Anyone happen to have a chance to make the web admin to "fix" the issue when using a PDA device as I'd be so indebted to you if you would get that to work.

RGDS

jasjol
2005-12-05, 07:26 AM
Hi

I have got a problem starting a few weeks ago (when using GBPVR version 94.) still present on version 95.14.

Everything works in webadmin except "manage recording" I get the following error: (sorry it is in Swedish - trying also to translate in red with ENG: at beginning of translation)

In the error text it states: "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Manage.aspx.cs:506"

I do have my GBPVR in C:\Program\devnz\gbpvr\ but this worked before - Do I need to set an extra path or something?

Below is the error text:
Serverfel i tillämpningsprogrammet /gbpvr.

ENG: server error in application /GBpvr

Objektet måste vara av typen Int32.

ENG: object needs to be of type Int32

Beskrivning: Ett undantag som inte kunde hanteras inträffade när den aktuella webbegäran kördes. Mer information om felet och var i koden det uppstod finns i stackspårningen.
ENG: Description: An exception that could not be handled occured when the actual webbrequest was made. More info about the error and where in the code it occured is noted in "stacktrace"

Undantagsinformation: System.ArgumentException: Objektet måste vara av typen Int32.
ENG: Exception information: System.ArgumentException: object needs to be of type Int32

Källfel:
Ett undantag som inte hanteras genererades vid körningen av den aktuella webbegäran. Information om undantagets ursprung och plats kan identifieras med undantagsstackspårningen nedan.
ENG: sourceerror: (same as description above)
Stackspårning:
"stacktrace"

[ArgumentException: Objektet måste vara av typen Int32. ENG: object needs to be of type Int32]
System.Int32.CompareTo(Object value) +136
gbweb.RecordingComparer.Compare(Object x, Object y) in C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Manage.aspx.cs:506
System.SorterObjectArray.QuickSort(Int32 left, Int32 right) +137

[InvalidOperationException: Ett undantagsfel inträffade för angiven IComparer. ENG: An exception error occured for "below" IComparer]
System.SorterObjectArray.QuickSort(Int32 left, Int32 right) +288
System.SorterObjectArray.QuickSort(Int32 left, Int32 right) +480
System.Array.Sort(Array keys, Array items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer comparer) +387
System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer comparer) +43
System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(IComparer comparer) +29
gbweb.Manage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Manage.aspx.cs:155
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +55
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +27
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Versionsinformation: Microsoft .NET Framework-version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET-version:1.1.4322.2032

normanr
2005-12-05, 07:46 AM
I think the issue is around missing channels (and a bug in the code that is exposed if channels are missing). The bug is easy to fix, the missing channels you will have to look into.

jasjol
2005-12-05, 10:17 AM
I think the issue is around missing channels (and a bug in the code that is exposed if channels are missing). The bug is easy to fix, the missing channels you will have to look into.

With missing channels do you mean the fact that I have channels in my channels list without EPG data?

Or does missing channels refer to something else?

I do have channels without EPG data - to be able to watch them in Live TV and to be able to create manual recordings from those channels
- but maybe I have configured something wrong?

normanr
2005-12-05, 10:25 AM
Basically scheduleHelper.GetChannelByOID() needs to succeed for it not to throw an exception at the moment. It's made worse if there are two programs scheduled for exactly the same time. I think this typically happens if there's a season recording or something. The breakage is easy to fix, so lets atack that first.

Btw: if you want to 'make it work' at the moment, you could set your sortOrder cookie to exclude the channel field, (or move it later), but I think this might be a very technical workaround.

systemshark
2005-12-06, 08:50 AM
Hi NormanR,

I've going to write a PPC web admin application, Do you object if I use your graphics, to present a common - look - and feel between the websites ?

Regards
Richard

KingArgyle
2005-12-06, 09:59 PM
Any possibility of getting a Drop down box to allow an additional level of filtering to the Manage Recordings. Many times, I'm just curious of what is scheduled for a particular day of the week. It would be nice to be able to filter the pending recordings by day of Week.

b00sfuk
2005-12-07, 06:13 PM
Any possibility of getting a Drop down box to allow an additional level of filtering to the Manage Recordings. Many times, I'm just curious of what is scheduled for a particular day of the week. It would be nice to be able to filter the pending recordings by day of Week.
Agree, I would like to also see the day of the week (e.g. Thu, Fri) in the air date column of the recordings page (and maybe todays highlighted). Would make it clearer when recordings are for.

Another minor wish would be to be able to use actual channel numbers (rather than the ones from the channel config page) in the channel column of both the guide and recordings page. The annoyance for me currently is that is shows the arbritrary ones that I assign to get the channels sorted in the way I perfer rather than the assigned ones from the provider.

Love the product though! Thanks

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-10, 12:29 AM

Agree, I would like to also see the day of the week (e.g. Thu, Fri) in the air date column of the recordings page (and maybe todays highlighted). Would make it clearer when recordings are for.

Another minor wish would be to be able to use actual channel numbers (rather than the ones from the channel config page) in the channel column of both the guide and recordings page. The annoyance for me currently is that is shows the arbritrary ones that I assign to get the channels sorted in the way I perfer rather than the assigned ones from the provider.

Love the product though! Thanks
Attached is a screen shot of the upcoming release of the web admin(using one of the new avaialable themes). There is now a sort for each of the columns....you can sort on Status, Air Date, Channel or show....couple that with the filtering boxes you should be able to mange things effectivley.

I will have to look into the channel number thing...since most of all the info is pulled via the API my guess is we would need to code it nativley in the web admin to get the originating channel number.

Let normanr and I know if these upcomming changes provide what you are looking for (other than the channel number thing).

KingArgyle
2005-12-10, 04:13 AM
I like the theme skinning option. Still would like a drop down box to filter just to a particular day. I.e. List only those pending recordings that happen on Tuesday, December 21.

The reason is that I have on average about 60 some pending recordings waiting to happen, and when I'm trying to check out conflicts when scheduling one time recordigs, it makes it much easier if I can filter down to just a particular day instead of having to scroll through all the recordings.

libop
2005-12-11, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry if the problem has already been discussed here but after having searched the forum, I didn't see someone having the issue I have.

I try to remotely watch recorded tv shows or divx videos thanks to the enhanced webadmin. I use VLC to watch the videos and it works for only 1 second, I mean I see only the first second of the video. The problem occurs on LAN and Internet tries and Avi or mpg, same issue. even if i let the video being dowload longer, the video don't go further.

Does anyone knows what could i do to make it works great ?

Thanks.

normanr
2005-12-11, 07:41 PM
Can VLC play the files if you access them directly? If you pause the video before the first second has elapsed, wait a short while, then hit play does it work for longer? There's a built in limit of about 5mb/s, if you exceed that then the video probably won't play.

libop
2005-12-11, 07:48 PM
Can VLC play the files if you access them directly?

Yes it does: on another PC (the one where the videos are) ! I'll try when i'm home with the portable I'm using now.

If you pause the video before the first second has elapsed, wait a short while, then hit play does it work for longer?

When I hit pause, the stream stops (I see the network dl rate going to 0kbs)

Thank you for your help :)

libop
2005-12-11, 07:54 PM
To be more precise about the issue, for each file, it always stops at the same frame...

86atc250r
2005-12-11, 09:47 PM
Sub suggested I post this over here - so here it goes (Userid & pwd not working anymore):

My username and/or password isn't working in webadmin.

I set, reset, and reset my userid and password in the config app -- but when I try to log into the web admin, it keeps telling me that I'm using an invalid user or password. It has worked in the past, unsure if this is a problem since I've upgraded to .16 or if it broke while I was down with a little HDD trouble (only my media storage hdd, not my OS or installation hdd --- interesting problem, by the way...)

Anyone have any quick things to check or the location of these items so I can manually check and/or reset them?

Thanks in advance

vanda
2005-12-12, 12:22 AM
Hi,

When I stream via the internet (and VLC) from the same machine back to the same machine via a dyndns type IP address, it freezes after 1 second. Streaming to the local address (192.168.1.*) is perfectly fine. It sounds like a few people have had the same problem, but I've yet to see any solutions?

Is it possible to add into the enhanced admin the ability to download videos files (as opposed to streaming files?)

Also - PLEASE break this thread up! a FAQ would be incredibly useful, or at least break this thread up into usable chunks! just my $.02...

thanks!

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-12, 01:24 AM
Hi,

When I stream via the internet (and VLC) from the same machine back to the same machine via a dyndns type IP address, it freezes after 1 second. Streaming to the local address (192.168.1.*) is perfectly fine. It sounds like a few people have had the same problem, but I've yet to see any solutions?

Is it possible to add into the enhanced admin the ability to download videos files (as opposed to streaming files?)

Also - PLEASE break this thread up! a FAQ would be incredibly useful, or at least break this thread up into usable chunks! just my $.02...

thanks!

I have to ask....you are forwarding the port that the web admin is running on in your router to the PC running GBPVR...correct?

86atc250r
2005-12-12, 03:39 AM
Never mind on the problem I posted - it appears to be a client side problem. More troubleshooting later.

libop
2005-12-12, 06:51 AM
I have to ask....you are forwarding the port that the web admin is running on in your router to the PC running GBPVR...correct?

As I exactly have the same problem than vanda, i would answer for him :) : yes I am.

ejeffers
2005-12-12, 07:36 PM
In the next realease, can a button be added benath the 'Play Program' button that will download the video file, called 'Download Program', because often times, streaming just isnt practical for use over the internet. Just a request.
- E. Jeffers

psycik
2005-12-12, 08:10 PM
Has anyone figured out how to pass the video file to an external transcoder ( vlc, orb, microsoft encoder) from the web admin so it can be streamed at a lower bitrate suitable for internet streaming??

normanr
2005-12-12, 08:15 PM
nope, we haven't even tried. If you want to attempt to figure it out, and send us a patch we'll incorporate it!

normanr
2005-12-12, 09:46 PM
Hey guys, sorry that I've been unresponsive. It's been a conbintaion of very busy, and I haven't been getting email notification of update in this thread for some odd reason.

I've going to write a PPC web admin application, Do you object if I use your graphics, to present a common - look - and feel between the websites?They're not my graphics, they're GB-PVR's. You have to check with sub what the licencing restrictions are on the web-siote graphics. I'd guess that it might be okay. PPC? (power-pc?). What are you going to write it in? Does gb-pvr web-admin work under Mono?

In the upcomming release (coming soon....honest ;)) when you are in Manage Recordings or Tv Guide and select the titile of the show that is already recorded your button options are now Delete Recording and Close - Take No Action.That's not to say that it does anything different :) It still calls (and can only call) scheduleHelper.CancelScheduledRecording, which is the only API exposed to 'cancel/delete' a recording.

And so, with no further ado:

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-12, 09:47 PM
Has anyone figured out how to pass the video file to an external transcoder ( vlc, orb, microsoft encoder) from the web admin so it can be streamed at a lower bitrate suitable for internet streaming??
For alternative streaming of recordings I think KingArgyle had the best recomendation.....although this is not integrated into the Web Admin it does prrovide you with alternatives for streaming that are beyond the current capabilities of the GBPVR Web Admin.

Not exactly integrated, but possibly could be. There is a free Streaming Media server called Unreal Media Server.

http://www.umediaserver.net/

normanr
2005-12-12, 09:52 PM
and now that UncleJohnsBand has broken my two consecutive posts:

build 29 (http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/tv/gbweb-enhanced.v29.3.zip) is out:

- Added several new themes. (UncleJohnsBand and NormanR)
- Added ability for ZapTool users to view show credits. (UncleJohnsBand)
- Added ability to play entire Album in Music Library via single-click. (UncleJohnsBand)
- Added ability to view Web Admin Change Log from Statistics tab. (UncleJohnsBand)
- Fixed sorting on Manage page, if channel information was missing. (NormanR)
- Added download links to the manage recordings page and the library. (NormanR)
- The web admin now has a Change Log under statistics (hover over an item to find out who contributed). (UncleJohnsBand and NormanR)

party time!

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-12, 09:59 PM
In the next realease, can a button be added benath the 'Play Program' button that will download the video file, called 'Download Program', because often times, streaming just isnt practical for use over the internet. Just a request.
- E. Jeffers
Although this could be done I can't imagine why you would want to download the file over the internet rather than stream it. You are limited in your download speed by whatever upload speed is available on the GBPVR server....in most cases this is anywhere from 128K to 384k. I would hate to download a 2GB (1hour show in high quality) file with that type of throughput.

If you are interested in downloading files from the server I would recomend using FTP....it is the appropriate protocol for downloading files rather than HTTP based transfers. There is an excellent FTP server for Windows that is free for Personal use. I have used it for a few years...and can recommend it.

Cerberus FTP Server (http://www.cerberusftp.com/)

ejeffers
2005-12-13, 12:56 AM
Well my Internet provider just bumbed our speeds, and I get 9mbps download, and 1mbps upload, so it would upload at ~124 KBps. That FTP server looks pretty good though, thanks.

j3flight
2005-12-13, 12:56 AM
Anyone else having problems getting this installed?
I've done this 1000 times before, but this time, when I copy over the web folder and restart the service, GBPVR goes through its "setup routine" again.

When I try to access the web interface, I get a horrific white page with all kinda layout problems. Obviously a style sheet or themeing issue.

Something missing?

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-13, 01:13 AM
Anyone else having problems getting this installed?
I've done this 1000 times before, but this time, when I copy over the web folder and restart the service, GBPVR goes through its "setup routine" again.

When I try to access the web interface, I get a horrific white page with all kinda layout problems. Obviously a style sheet or themeing issue.

Something missing?

Yep....it is the dreaded CSS bug....normanr will have to address when he reads his e-mail....the dreaded white is just the site without a theme.....not sure why this isn't working it worked fine when we were testing.

normanr
2005-12-13, 07:57 AM
give it a day, and it'll all start working magically.

wannabepvr
2005-12-13, 09:13 PM
I am trying to set up web access to GBPVR. (Hope I am posting in the right area?)

Everything works across my LAN but I can't get in from outside. I suspect it is a firewall problem.

I am using Sygate software firewall and have opened access to my work's firewall IP address to all ports. (apparently unsuccessfully.)

My ISP has provided a fixed IP address.

I am trying to use; http://IP.IP.IP.IP : port/gbpvr/index.aspx

Any idea's appreciated.

Murdock
2005-12-13, 09:45 PM
Do you have a router..?
If so you will have to setup port forwarding in your router.

wannabepvr
2005-12-13, 10:32 PM
No router, USB (ADSL) modem
LAN is via crossover ethernet

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-14, 01:05 AM
No router, USB (ADSL) modem
LAN is via crossover ethernet
You may still need to forward the port....I know when I setup remote desktop access for my neighbor and cousin I had to forward the port in the DSL Modem.

Even though it is a modem it also contains a router and it defaults the security settings to block most ports.

Who is your ISP?

They probably have info on their website for setting up port forwarding for things such as FTP and Remote Desktop. You can just follow those instuctions and replace the port number with the port number you are using on the web admin.

Also...you should be accessing with http://###.###.###:PORT/gbpvr/login.aspx

j3flight
2005-12-15, 12:58 AM
A couple requests:

For some reason, the back button in the channel column is really hosing up the works! Take a look at the attachments. IE and Firefox seem to be both broken. In IE, the double height title row really messes with the vertical breaks in the timeline as well.

To solve this, can you just remove the word "Channel" and then left-align the button? The text isn't necessary, and left-aligning the button would make it symmetrical with the right side. There's really no need for a title in that column, the numbers and call letters are pretty self explanatory... :D

VERY MINOR:
Also, the login button seems to have gotten out of whack somehow. It works, obviously, but the edges are not smooth like the other buttons. Looks like it got scaled up or smooshed out of its usual aspect ratio or something.

Thanks, I really really like the new features you've added... I appreciate your work. Just wanted to point out a few asthetics that I noticed...

Jason

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-15, 01:31 AM
A couple requests:

For some reason, the back button in the channel column is really hosing up the works! Take a look at the attachments. IE and Firefox seem to be both broken. In IE, the double height title row really messes with the vertical breaks in the timeline as well.

To solve this, can you just remove the word "Channel" and then left-align the button? The text isn't necessary, and left-aligning the button would make it symmetrical with the right side. There's really no need for a title in that column, the numbers and call letters are pretty self explanatory... :D

VERY MINOR:
Also, the login button seems to have gotten out of whack somehow. It works, obviously, but the edges are not smooth like the other buttons. Looks like it got scaled up or smooshed out of its usual aspect ratio or something.

Thanks, I really really like the new features you've added... I appreciate your work. Just wanted to point out a few asthetics that I noticed...

Jason

Are you seeing the same behavoir in the other themes...such as the Blue or Gray theme?

j3flight
2005-12-15, 01:54 AM
Yep, exactly the same (just tried it, using both browsers, gray and blue themes). Are you guys NOT seeing this?

Possible cause:
I had to do a copy "over top" of an existing web folder because some of the components seemed to be missing from the most recent zip. When I would drop in a fresh copy of the new release, GBPVR would launch the setup when started and add-to or replace a bunch of files in the web folder. I've never had that happen, usually I could erase the web folder and replace it with the new release. This was a fresh GBPVR install from a couple days before too...

Is it because the images structure changed and the .msi saw stuff was missing? I HATE that feature! =)

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-15, 02:00 AM
Yep, exactly the same (just tried it, using both browsers, gray and blue themes). Are you guys NOT seeing this?

Possible cause:
I had to do a copy "over top" of an existing web folder because some of the components seemed to be missing from the most recent zip. When I would drop in a fresh copy of the new release, GBPVR would launch the setup when started and add-to or replace a bunch of files in the web folder. I've never had that happen, usually I could erase the web folder and replace it with the new release. This was a fresh GBPVR install from a couple days before too...

Is it because the images structure changed and the .msi saw stuff was missing? I HATE that feature! =)
Yeah....I am seeing it as well....I just got used to seeing it and forgot it was there....we'll have to fix that.

As for the other item on the setup starting.....I think this is ocuring becuase the latest release of the Web Admin moved all the images into the individual themes....the image folder is now defunct. So if you do what I do and delete just about everything out the Web folder and then apply the new Web Admin release at some point (reboot or service restart) GBPVR senses that it is missing something in the Web folder and does a repair....this causes you to have to reinstall the new Web Admin since it overlays a bunch of files with older versions.

We will be sure to align sub's next release with one of these newer Web Admin release so that stops.

j3flight
2005-12-15, 02:34 AM
As for the other item on the setup starting.....I think this is ocuring becuase the latest release of the Web Admin moved all the images into the individual themes....the image folder is now defunct. So if you do what I do and delete just about everything out the Web folder and then apply the new Web Admin release at some point (reboot or service restart) GBPVR senses that it is missing something in the Web folder and does a repair....this causes you to have to reinstall the new Web Admin since it overlays a bunch of files with older versions.

We will be sure to align sub's next release with one of these newer Web Admin release so that stops.

I figured that's what was happening.

So, I guess the only way to install a new web admin (at least until sub includes the new structure into an official release) is to drop the new web folder over top of the old one. In other words - DON'T replace it.

(Or, you might consider including the images folder - even though its useless - so people don't keep breaking their installations... until you can get sub to include your new structure.)

Thanks for looking into these for me...

jigster99
2005-12-17, 03:12 AM
Hello...
I would like to request an enhancement (if possible)... :)

I am currently using another machine on my network for storing recordings. The web admin you build still works fine, but when I go into the statistics page, to view how much disk space I have left, I dont see the diskspace graphic, but rather "Could not load info for ZeusVideo". Now - Zeus is my server that the recordings are on and Video is the share name. The xml for my recordings directory in the gbpvr config file looks like this:

<RecordingsDirectory>\\Zeus\Video\</RecordingsDirectory>

(The recordings directory location above works correctly with GBPVR so far - playback is good, but still have to test recording to that server share...)

Is there any way you could update the webadmin to be able to look at other servers for the recordings and LiveTV directories? (I think it is getting confused by the double slashes before the server name)?

Thanks,
Jigster

normanr
2005-12-17, 07:14 AM
Does it say: "Could not load share info for" or "Could not load disk info for"? Please attach the log file (get to it from the same page) so that I can see the detailed error message.

I did put a bunch of code in to detect disk space usage, but might be choking on the last backslash, so try '\\Zeus\Video'. (Now that I look at the code, the directory can only be in that format, so I'll fix that too)

Update: I actually went and checked this code, and it is working 100% correctly. I suggest you check that the user that GB-PVR is running under has access to the management objects on Zeus. (Try admin access to see if you can get anything working).

jigster99
2005-12-17, 10:00 PM
It says "Could not load disk info for ZeusVideo" when my config for the recordings directory is this...

<RecordingsDirectory>\\Zeus\Video\gbpvr</RecordingsDirectory>

Admin access does not solve the issue. I changed the gbpvr service to run as the admin id, which has full access, but still get the same error...

Log file is attached... let me know if you need any config changes to give more detail...

Thanks for the help on this...
Jigster

jsteele
2005-12-18, 02:26 AM
jigster

I was reading your post and it got me thinking. There are a number of low cost (~ USD 60.00-80.00) Network Strorage system available these days that accept very large drives and support full network services using a web based admin interface.

I got to thinking about taking the recording storage out of my GBPVR machine and putting it on on of these strorage machines. Are you able to view recordings on your strorage machines using GBPVR?

jigster99
2005-12-18, 03:50 AM
jsteele,
That is the reason I am trying this out as well... I plan on building or buying a NAS box to hold my media. I use a Media MVP for playback, and so far, I can play recorded video just fine over my 100 Mb network with the network only about 10% saturated. I still have to test recording to network storage through the gbpvr... Eventually, I would like to post a sticky thread in the forums here with the results of my experiments with networked recording and playback once I am all done...

BTW - where did you see network storage devices like that for only $60-$80 ???

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-18, 04:02 AM
jsteele,
That is the reason I am trying this out as well... I plan on building or buying a NAS box to hold my media. I use a Media MVP for playback, and so far, I can play recorded video just fine over my 100 Mb network with the network only about 10% saturated. I still have to test recording to network storage through the gbpvr... Eventually, I would like to post a sticky thread in the forums here with the results of my experiments with networked recording and playback once I am all done...

A little off topic but if you want you can use an old PC 400MhZ or better as a NAS using NasLite (http://www.serverelements.com/)......I have been running mine with a couple of 100GB drives in it with no problems.

Includes web status and Telnet maintenace.

jigster99
2005-12-18, 04:16 AM
Yeah, I have NAS Lite running and I have tested playing back recordings from there as well, but the lack of security and redundancy concerns me... Ultimately, it would be nice to have a nice NAS machine with RAID 5 so the data is protected...

jsteele
2005-12-18, 03:57 PM
jsteele,

Try eBay search for "Network Storage". This week there were some of the Linksys NSLU2 units cheap as well as some nice looking disk enclosures with the NAS logic built in for about 60.00 less the disk of course

fb_de
2005-12-19, 02:27 PM
Hi,

I'm thrilled about the web scheduling functionality of gbpvr. It works great and looks good, too.
The ultimate feature though would be if I was able to access the web scheduling via my blackberry with it's built-in browser.
The problem is, that I can access the login screen, but the actual login doesnt work. It always returns to the login page after a login attempt (and yes, I'm dead sure I'm using the correct un/pw combination). Any clue on what the issue might be?

thanks,
Frank

marker6789
2005-12-20, 06:57 PM
I am having trouble with the download.aspx file.....Any time I click on the link to "play program" or choose a music or video file from my library, i get an error. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it? THX ~Mark

Server Error in '/gbpvr' Application.
Method not found: System.String[] GBPVR.Backend.Common.IRecordingService.getTunerSta tus().
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: System.String[] GBPVR.Backend.Common.IRecordingService.getTunerSta tus().

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: System.String[] GBPVR.Backend.Common.IRecordingService.getTunerSta tus().]
gbweb.Download.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +55
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +27
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

normanr
2005-12-21, 08:51 AM
jigster99: What version of the web admin are you using? I suspect you have an old copy. (The log file you attached could only have generated "Could not load info for", the newer version which generates "Could not load disk info for" could not have created that log file - the line numbers are out of place)

marker6789: What version of GB-PVR are you using? The IRecordingService interface has either changed in a new version, or you have an older version installed.

marker6789
2005-12-21, 01:03 PM
marker6789: What version of GB-PVR are you using? The IRecordingService interface has either changed in a new version, or you have an older version installed.

I am using version 0.93.10 of gbpvr and build 28 of the enhanced web admin.
Thanks,
Mark

normanr
2005-12-21, 01:39 PM
The GB-PVR interface was changed between 0.93 and 0.94 to implement the 'currently recording' functionality. You need to install a newer version of GB-PVR (hopefully 0.95 works without hassles). The alternative would be to use an older version of the Web Admin - your call.

marker6789
2005-12-24, 04:41 AM
The GB-PVR interface was changed between 0.93 and 0.94 to implement the 'currently recording' functionality. You need to install a newer version of GB-PVR (hopefully 0.95 works without hassles). The alternative would be to use an older version of the Web Admin - your call.

Thanks,
That worked out....I had to a FRESH install of GBPVR, but upgrading to 0.95.16 worked, i only miss having my recordings listed...oh well!
Thanks again,
~Mark:D

markw
2005-12-27, 04:15 PM
I would like to be able to click the channel number in the program guide and see the next 24 hours of programming for that channel. How hard would that be? Thanks.

psycik
2005-12-27, 06:03 PM
Or a suggestion, use the search episode, just choose the single channel. It doesn't just show 24 hours though but everything for that channel.

markw
2005-12-28, 01:02 AM
Or a suggestion, use the search episode, just choose the single channel. It doesn't just show 24 hours though but everything for that channel.

Great idea! That hadn't occurred to me. I'd still like to be able to get there from the program guides though.

dreed47
2005-12-28, 08:04 PM
First, I really like the enhanced web admin. It really makes the whole PVR experience much nicer. There are a couple of enhancements that I think would make it even better. I appologize if these have been suggested before.

1. In "manage Recordings" When I click the show name of a previously recorded show I get options to "cancel recording" and do nothing. This was confusing as the show was already recorded so how could I cancel the recording? I then realized that clicking the button actually deleted the show, cool, that's what I wanted to do but shouldn't the button say delete instead of cancel?

2. It would be nice if there were checkboxes on the Manage Recordings page that would allow you to select multiple recorded shows and delete them with one action.

3. I don't know if the TV guide data supports it but it would be really cool if you could do an Episode Search based on show type (ie movie, news, sitcom, etc)

4. You can't watch live TV through the interface but you can start a recording from the TV Guide and then start to watch the show. This works well as a poormans "Live TV" through the web interface but the only drawback is that the show is recorded and now must be deleted. Could an option be added to watch a live show and then delete the recording behind the scenes?

Thanks for the great software!

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-28, 09:43 PM
First, I really like the enhanced web admin. It really makes the whole PVR experience much nicer. There are a couple of enhancements that I think would make it even better. I appologize if these have been suggested before.

1. In "manage Recordings" When I click the show name of a previously recorded show I get options to "cancel recording" and do nothing. This was confusing as the show was already recorded so how could I cancel the recording? I then realized that clicking the button actually deleted the show, cool, that's what I wanted to do but shouldn't the button say delete instead of cancel?
What version of the Web Admin are you using...the most current is 29.3 (http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/tv/gbweb-enhanced.v29.3.zip). I do not see this behavoir happening in this version.

2. It would be nice if there were checkboxes on the Manage Recordings page that would allow you to select multiple recorded shows and delete them with one action.
I am sure this could be done....but then you would need to have a delete button either at the top of the page or at the bottom....and for someone like me that has 20 or 30 pending recordings plus everything that is already recorded checking and scrolling to the bottom or the top of the screen is more of a hassle than picking and choosing.

3. I don't know if the TV guide data supports it but it would be really cool if you could do an Episode Search based on show type (ie movie, news, sitcom, etc)
This would only be available to Zap2it users since I belive that is the only EPG that carries the Genre information. I can look into what it would take to add an additional search box for Genre if the person is using the Zap2it EPG.

4. You can't watch live TV through the interface but you can start a recording from the TV Guide and then start to watch the show. This works well as a poormans "Live TV" through the web interface but the only drawback is that the show is recorded and now must be deleted. Could an option be added to watch a live show and then delete the recording behind the scenes?
This one has been discussed in the past....the Web Admin is just that....an interface for administering the recordings within GBPVR. The functionality that you mention above is the closest you will get for streaming with the Web Admin. KingArgyle recommended (and I belive it is a good option for those looking for streaming capabilities) to use the Open Source streaming pacakge Unreal Media Server (http://www.umediaserver.net/).

Thanks for the great software!
It is the community involvement and participation that make this such great software. ;)

cubsfan
2005-12-28, 10:21 PM
Anyone have any ideas why I am receiving the following errors in my logs?

dreed47
2005-12-28, 10:40 PM
What version of the Web Admin are you using...the most current is 29.3 (http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/tv/gbweb-enhanced.v29.3.zip). I do not see this behavoir happening in this version.

Thanks UncleJohnsBand. You're right, I was running an older version. Would there be a way to show the version number through the web interface? Also showing the version number for GB-PVR itself would be really usefull.

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-28, 10:45 PM
Thanks UncleJohnsBand. You're right, I was running an older version. Would there be a way to show the version number through the web interface? Also showing the version number for GB-PVR itself would be really usefull.

If you hover your mouse over the GBPVR logo in the upper left corner of the pages you should see the version info appear.

dreed47
2005-12-28, 11:02 PM
awsome!....Thanks!

UncleJohnsBand
2005-12-29, 01:13 AM
Great idea! That hadn't occurred to me. I'd still like to be able to get there from the program guides though.
The ability to click on a channel in the guide and transfer auto-magically to search page with a completed search for the selected channel has been added for the next release. :D

stu8080
2006-01-02, 01:58 PM
I have another small request for the web admin.

Sometimes i use this as a music player when at a friends house as streaming music works perfectly through Windows Media Player. If they want some of my tracks i have to download each individually, would it be possible to add a button to 'download album' as well as play?

Im sure theres loads more potential with music as it can be streamed anywhere and i like the idea of being able to play and access my whole music collection fom anywhere.

normanr
2006-01-02, 02:14 PM
4. You can't watch live TV through the interface but you can start a recording from the TV Guide and then start to watch the show. This works well as a poormans "Live TV" through the web interface but the only drawback is that the show is recorded and now must be deleted. Could an option be added to watch a live show and then delete the recording behind the scenes?This one has been discussed in the past....the Web Admin is just that....an interface for administering the recordings within GBPVR. The functionality that you mention above is the closest you will get for streaming with the Web Admin. KingArgyle recommended (and I belive it is a good option for those looking for streaming capabilities) to use the Open Source streaming pacakge Unreal Media Server (http://www.umediaserver.net/).If someone else is already watching timeshifted TV then you can piggy back on top of it by clicking the entry on the statistics page, but there's no way to start of change what's going on because there's no API for it. Also there's no seeking because the file keeps growing in size, and vlc stops at the end of the file. (so it's either seek or keep watching)

Sometimes i use this as a music player when at a friends house as streaming music works perfectly through Windows Media Player. If they want some of my tracks i have to download each individually, would it be possible to add a button to 'download album' as well as play?

Im sure theres loads more potential with music as it can be streamed anywhere and i like the idea of being able to play and access my whole music collection fom anywhere.As what? A zip file?

stu8080
2006-01-02, 07:16 PM
Could be a zip file (can mp3's be compressed much more?), could be simply one track after another to the specified directory. I dont know what complications there are in implementing this?

I was very surprised how well this worked, and was impressed with 75kb/s download speed given my awful wireless internet connection.

normanr
2006-01-02, 07:22 PM
mmm, you basically want an easy way to 'string' a bunch of files together so you can download them in one go? The only way I can think of doing this is by zipping or tarring them. I'm sure it's possible to set zip to store and not bother to compress the files.

stu8080
2006-01-02, 07:30 PM
If its straight forward i think it could be handy.

nasty_b
2006-01-05, 03:32 AM
I'm getting errors when I try to use an updated version of this plugin. Currently, the version im using is (when hoving over the image) build for 0.95 version 1.28.2161.17849 My version of GBPVR is 0.95.16. Here is the error i receive:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'LoginButton', but its type (System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton).

Source Error:

Line 75: <br>
Line 76: <br>
Line 77: <asp:ImageButton id="LoginButton" runat="server" ImageUrl="images/login_btn_login.jpg"></asp:ImageButton><br>
Line 78: <br>
Line 79: </form>

Source File: C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Login.aspx Line: 77

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

I get this error for all pages. Wonder whats wrong?

normanr
2006-01-05, 07:52 AM
The aspx pages versions don't match the dll's version. I suggest you stop the recording service, reinstall the web admin, and then restart the recording service. FYI: If the windows installer tries to reinstall components, then it'll put the wrong files back.

nasty_b
2006-01-05, 06:11 PM
Yeah the windows installer DOES try to reinstall components....but I don't know how to stop that. When I updated the web folder I made sure everything was stopped before changing the folder

n@boleo
2006-01-05, 06:39 PM
I have a strange error message with lastest version
05/01/2006 19:39:07.334 ERROR [10] [-2]: OutputStream.Write Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Une connexion existante a d&#195;&#187; &#195;&#170;tre ferm&#195;&#169;e par l'h&#195;&#180;te distant
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at xbde30302059b0f67.x4c7b16547f6813c5.xe851103c6cdd3 289(Byte[] x75381418ec342259, Int32 x0849bae34e5d8c09, Int32 xa91708beab5e1e03)
at xbde30302059b0f67.x54043f9854585ee5.FlushResponse( Boolean x358231d6356effcf)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush(Boolean finalFlush)
at System.Web.HttpWriter.WriteFromStream(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Web.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at gbweb.Download.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\web\public\download.aspx.cs:line 236
05/01/2006 19:39:10.358 ERROR [10] [-2]: OutputStream.Write Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Une connexion existante a d&#195;&#187; &#195;&#170;tre ferm&#195;&#169;e par l'h&#195;&#180;te distant
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at xbde30302059b0f67.x4c7b16547f6813c5.xe851103c6cdd3 289(Byte[] x75381418ec342259, Int32 x0849bae34e5d8c09, Int32 xa91708beab5e1e03)
at xbde30302059b0f67.x54043f9854585ee5.FlushResponse( Boolean x358231d6356effcf)
at System.Web.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at gbweb.Download.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\web\public\download.aspx.cs:line 236
05/01/2006 19:39:17.408 ERROR [10] [-2]: OutputStream.Write Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Une connexion existante a d&#195;&#187; &#195;&#170;tre ferm&#195;&#169;e par l'h&#195;&#180;te distant
05/01/2006 20:33:34.171 VERBOSE [10] RecordingFactory.loadSchedule()
05/01/2006 20:33:34.191 VERBOSE [10] getValue cached value: /settings/AutoRemoveMissingRecordings : true
05/01/2006 20:33:40.851 VERBOSE [61] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcept ionForHR(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.Get()
at gbweb.Info.GetDiskInformation(String nodeName, Label lblStatus, HtmlImage imgUsedSystem, HtmlImage imgUsedGBPVR, HtmlImage imgFree) in C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Info.aspx.cs:line 146
05/01/2006 20:33:40.911 VERBOSE [61] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcept ionForHR(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.Get()
at gbweb.Info.GetDiskInformation(String nodeName, Label lblStatus, HtmlImage imgUsedSystem, HtmlImage imgUsedGBPVR, HtmlImage imgFree) in C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Info.aspx.cs:line 146
05/01/2006 20:33:40.911 VERBOSE [61] RecordingFactory.loadSchedule()
05/01/2006 20:33:40.911 VERBOSE [61] getValue cached value: /settings/AutoRemoveMissingRecordings : true
I'm not sure what is really going on but directory "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\" does not exists in my setup : all files are located in "C:\gbpvr\web\" directory so it seems normal those debug lines appears... Shouldn't the root directory automaticaly detected ?

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-05, 09:04 PM
Yeah the windows installer DOES try to reinstall components....but I don't know how to stop that. When I updated the web folder I made sure everything was stopped before changing the folder
I have found that if you leave the images folder in the Web directory the installer will not kick off automatically......with the last Web Admin update we moved all the images into the individual Theme directories so the image directory is no longer needed....so it was removed from the last web admin update......however if you delete the images directory the GBPVR installer detects a change and "fixes" it.

normanr will make sure sub has the new version for his next build so that the installer and web admin will be in sync and should get rid of this nusance.

nasty_b
2006-01-06, 03:44 AM
Ok I copied the image folder from the original web folder into the new web folder. The site seems to work now, except when I hover over the GBPVR logo, it says that the web version is for build 0.94 and its version 1.29.129. Is that a mistake? because my GBPVR is build 0.95 . are there going to be any problems using the web scheduling?

Also, this isnt a big deal, but in the tv guide on the web some of the vertical lines dont appear between some of the shows....is this a common thing or just mine?

normanr
2006-01-06, 07:23 AM
The 0.94 is 'correct' because that's the version of GB-PVR that it was built for - It works fine in 0.95.

There's a rendering 'bug' in IE that causes some of the lines to not appear, you can change the "Minute Slice" value under the config tab to a large value (try 15 or 30), and it should cause then to come back.

j3flight
2006-01-06, 02:56 PM
I don't want to push, I'm just curious...
When is the next build planned and what changes will be included?

jsteele
2006-01-07, 08:00 PM
The web interface links the video file using ".m3u" file extention, which is also used by Winamp for audio playlist. So when clicking on the video on my notebook, it tries to open in Winamp rather than VLC.

I've tried changing winamp to not use ".m3u" but now my music playlists don't play. Is there anyway to change the web intereface file extention to something else? ".vlc" perhaps?

normanr
2006-01-08, 10:39 AM
Hmm, If the file extention (there's also mime-type to worry about) is changed, then it won't work out-of-the-box.... This could become a config setting, would that work?

jsteele
2006-01-08, 01:05 PM
Hmm, If the file extention (there's also mime-type to worry about) is changed, then it won't work out-of-the-box.... This could become a config setting, would that work?
I think a config option would be the ideal solution --- accomodates other conflicts as well.

psycik
2006-01-08, 09:59 PM
A thirty second request (hopefully).

Could we have a config option to hide descriptions from the main guide page.

I've done it here, but permanently and so the only time I get a description is when I click on an entry and get the popup box.

Makes the guide page nice and small.

normanr
2006-01-09, 08:13 AM
I've added these requests to the Wiki page, let me know if there's anything else missing.

goelectric
2006-01-09, 04:46 PM
I've added these requests to the Wiki page, let me know if there's anything else missing.

Hi,

How easy would it be to add a link with the current Program/Film name to launch a new web page with lookup fo the title on imdb (Internet Movie Database)? Is this something I could help with?

Best regards

Steve.

normanr
2006-01-09, 08:45 PM
build 30 (http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/tv/gbweb-enhanced.v30.zip) is out:

- Moved the pulling of the show Rating from ZapTools to the GBPVR Native database. (UJB)
- Corrected malformed file name when trying to play complete album. (UJB)
- Added ability to view all shows for a single channel via the Search utility by simply clicking on channel number on the Guide. (UJB)
- Added ability to download entire album as an uncompressed zip file. (Nurm)
- Added ability to link directly to IMDB from Guide. (Nurm)

(If you upgrade in the next 24 hours and get a white background with no images, plase wait 24 hours and then hit refresh - this is an issue in the .net framework when I'm too lazy to backdate css changes. You could always backdate the css files for me :))

normanr
2006-01-09, 08:56 PM
How easy would it be to add a link with the current Program/Film name to launch a new web page with lookup fo the title on imdb (Internet Movie Database)?Oddly enough, I was thinking about this yesterday :D, hence why it's in build 30.

bhays
2006-01-10, 01:05 AM
I am trying to use web admin for the first time and when I try to login, I get this error below. Any suggestions?

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'LoginButton', but its type (System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton).

Source Error:

Line 75: <br>
Line 76: <br>
Line 77: <asp:ImageButton id="LoginButton" runat="server" ImageUrl="images/login_btn_login.jpg"></asp:ImageButton><br>
Line 78: <br>
Line 79: </form>

Source File: C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\login.aspx Line: 77

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

normanr
2006-01-10, 07:25 AM
Same as #613 (/showpost.php?p=78173&postcount=613) and #633 (/showpost.php?p=81301&postcount=633). For now please copy the new files over the old ones, instead of removing the old files first. Either that or don't use the start menu icons to use GB-PVR, because they make the windows installer re-install the old files.

bhays
2006-01-10, 12:40 PM
Thanks. I wondered why the installer kept running, I thought it was related to slimmgbpvr that I installed at the same time.

I will copy the new files over the old and see if that resolves the issue.

xjaydpnoyx
2006-01-12, 05:08 AM
I installed build 30 over my previous build (unsure of what number it was). I keep on getting an error:

File or assembly name GBPVRBackendCommon, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name GBPVRBackendCommon, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 30: private static bool __initialized = false;
Line 31:
Line 32: public Global_asax() {
Line 33: if ((ASP.Global_asax.__initialized == false)) {
Line 34: ASP.Global_asax.__initialized = true;

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempo rary ASP.NET Files\gbpvr\9aacd6ab\ecd5f8fa\acovd65j.0.cs Line: 32

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'GBPVRBackendCommon' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = GBPVRBackendCommon, Version=1.0.2161.11532, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : gbweb, Version=1.28.2161.17849, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Private path hint found in configuration file: plugins.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: GBPVRBackendCommon, Version=1.0.2161.11532, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/gbpvr/9aacd6ab/ecd5f8fa/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/gbpvr/9aacd6ab/ecd5f8fa/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/bin/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/bin/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/plugins/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/plugins/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/gbpvr/9aacd6ab/ecd5f8fa/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/gbpvr/9aacd6ab/ecd5f8fa/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/bin/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/bin/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/plugins/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/plugins/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name GBPVRBackendCommon, or one of its dependencies, was not found.]
gbweb.Global..ctor() +0
ASP.Global_asax..ctor() in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempo rary ASP.NET Files\gbpvr\9aacd6ab\ecd5f8fa\acovd65j.0.cs:32

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly) +0
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +664
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +200
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplica tionInstance(HttpContext context) +157
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationIn stance(HttpContext context) +229
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(Http WorkerRequest wr) +414

Please help me...

drugstore_cowboy
2006-01-12, 06:35 AM
Please help me...

Okay xjaydpnoyx Here is what I think is going on...

when you installed over the previous version you must have kept some/all of the files in your ..\web\bin folder and therefore some of the files did not get created after restarting the recordingservice.

Here is what you have to do...

1. Stop your recording service
2. Rename your current web folder to web_old (or something of your choice)
3. Extract the new web folder to the GBPVR directory
4. Make sure you have an images folder in the web dir (Chances are you don't so you can copy the one from your web_old folder
5. You should currently have three files in the ...\web\bin folder (gbweb.dll, gbweb.pdb, ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll)
6. Restart the recordingservice and then try the EWA again
7. You should now have seven files in the ...\web\bin folder (one of which is the GBPVRBackendCommon.dll which is the cause of your problem at the moment).
8. You should now be working - if not you will have to wait for UncleJohnsBand or Normanr to respond

normanr
2006-01-12, 08:24 AM
I checked, and just having an images folder is not enough. I suggest for now you copy the new version directly over the old one, and delete all the .dlls except for: gbweb.dll, gbweb.pdb, ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll.

rsadix
2006-01-12, 08:25 AM
Awesome Drugstore Cowboy !!

That works.

However I did just run services.msc to restart gbpvr instead of using the start>programs>gbpvr>restart recording service to try and avoid the windows installer thing.

b00sfuk
2006-01-12, 09:08 AM
I have a problem with scheduling reoccuring recordings (e.g. weekly, this timeslot) via the web interface. The reoccuring & pending entries are created OK in GBPVR but if I try to edit them via GBPVR then they appear to be show as "record all showings" manual entries. If I then try to update them there I get an object reference error. One-off recordings are fine.
Is this working as designed or do I have a problem - I can't find anything comparable via search. Thanks.

pantson
2006-01-12, 09:15 AM
Hi
I've moved this over from a separte thread
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=12403
As I have a home network behind router and firewall I was wondering if it is possible to have the WEBadmin only ask you for a password if the request comes from outside my network (via default gateway). This would mean I wouldn't have to sign on, when accessing the system form my laptop or PDA at home.
cheers, Rich

djtaylor
2006-01-12, 10:22 AM
I dutifully stopped the recording service, renamed web to oldweb, copied over the new web from the zip file, restarted the recording service and now have

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

djtaylor
2006-01-12, 02:20 PM
Fixed, by just copying the folder instead of following the instructions which cause the installer to run again thus installing old files again.

David
2006-01-12, 02:29 PM
As a feature request, it would be great if the statistics page also displayed the next scheduled EPG update. I understand that Sub has programmed a randomizing feature so the the EPG update occurs plus or minus xx minutes from the scheduled time. The actual plus or minus period could be displayed for informational purposes.

I have connected to the web interface from work and noticed I am a day short on EPG data, but can't recall what time I set the update. Now I am not sure if the update is pending or if it failed.

And it would be wonderful if the Web Admin could initiate a manual EPG update as well, if that could be done.

Gordonx42
2006-01-12, 04:24 PM
I don't know if this has been requested, but it would be nice to be able to use the Record Season (all in in this weekly timeslot, this channel) option for the webinterface. Also, to be able to set the amount of episodes to keep as well.

n@boleo
2006-01-12, 08:13 PM
I have troubles downlaoding the v.30 ... I keep getting a corrupted zip file :
Firefox with or without DL manager receive file but corrupted
IE too,
and getright is stunk at 97% ...
Am I doing wrong ? Does anybody succeed (I guess so as I saw reply about this build)? Anybody got a mirror ?

thx

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-13, 01:09 AM
I don't know if this has been requested, but it would be nice to be able to use the Record Season (all in this weekly timeslot, this channel) option for the webinterface. Also, to be able to set the amount of episodes to keep as well.

normanr and I are waiting paitiently for sub to add those new methods to the public API....rumor has it they will be available in the next release and then we can add the calls to the web admin. This is a highly desirable option that we have had many requests for.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-13, 01:25 AM
I have troubles downlaoding the v.30 ... I keep getting a corrupted zip file :
Firefox with or without DL manager receive file but corrupted
IE too,
and getright is stunk at 97% ...
Am I doing wrong ? Does anybody succeed (I guess so as I saw reply about this build)? Anybody got a mirror ?

thx

Added file to wiki as well....download here (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/uploads/Utility/gbweb-enhanced.v30.zip).

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-13, 01:27 AM
I have a problem with scheduling reoccuring recordings (e.g. weekly, this timeslot) via the web interface. The reoccuring & pending entries are created OK in GBPVR but if I try to edit them via GBPVR then they appear to be show as "record all showings" manual entries. If I then try to update them there I get an object reference error. One-off recordings are fine.
Is this working as designed or do I have a problem - I can't find anything comparable via search. Thanks.

The recording options available in the web interface are the older version of options. sub is to be adding the new versions to the public API and then the Web Admin will be migrated to use the same methods that are used in GBPVR native.

xjaydpnoyx
2006-01-13, 02:54 AM
1) I tried installing the newest build using the instructions from the wiki. I haven't been able to get the web interface to work since.

2) I then followed Drugstore_Cowboy's instructions as to installing it - post #653 (I used the images folder from where I installed gbpvr - web site is on another drive).

3) I finally tried following normanr's instructions (installing over the previous version - again I used the web folderfrom where I installed gbpvr).

After all of this, I still have the runtime error! Please help me.

File or assembly name GBPVRBackendCommon, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name GBPVRBackendCommon, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 30: private static bool __initialized = false;
Line 31:
Line 32: public Global_asax() {
Line 33: if ((ASP.Global_asax.__initialized == false)) {
Line 34: ASP.Global_asax.__initialized = true;

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempo rary ASP.NET Files\gbpvr\9aacd6ab\ecd5f8fa\h3k9mj3h.0.cs Line: 32

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'GBPVRBackendCommon' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = GBPVRBackendCommon, Version=1.0.2161.11532, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : gbweb, Version=1.28.2161.17849, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Private path hint found in configuration file: plugins.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: GBPVRBackendCommon, Version=1.0.2161.11532, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/gbpvr/9aacd6ab/ecd5f8fa/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/gbpvr/9aacd6ab/ecd5f8fa/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/bin/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/bin/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/plugins/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/plugins/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/gbpvr/9aacd6ab/ecd5f8fa/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/gbpvr/9aacd6ab/ecd5f8fa/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/bin/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/bin/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/plugins/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Program Files/devnz/GBPVR/web/plugins/GBPVRBackendCommon/GBPVRBackendCommon.EXE.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name GBPVRBackendCommon, or one of its dependencies, was not found.]
gbweb.Global..ctor() +0
ASP.Global_asax..ctor() in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempo rary ASP.NET Files\gbpvr\9aacd6ab\ecd5f8fa\h3k9mj3h.0.cs:32

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly) +0
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +664
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +200
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplica tionInstance(HttpContext context) +157
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationIn stance(HttpContext context) +229
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(Http WorkerRequest wr) +414

EDIT: I can get the web interface to work with the box checked in Config and the Apache service stopped, but I can't get it to work with the Apache service running and the box unchecked in Config.

xjaydpnoyx
2006-01-13, 03:15 AM
After seeing that it worked after stopping the Apache service and checking the box in Config, I deleted the web folder from my D: drive and replaced it with the one in my C: drive. Deleted NativeUtilities.dll and restarted the Apache service.

EVERYTHING IS WORKING NOW!!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Can someone tell me why it wasn't working before, thgough? I'm quite confused about that.

n@boleo
2006-01-13, 06:48 AM
Added file to wiki as well....download here (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/uploads/Utility/gbweb-enhanced.v30.zip).
It works now, thanks

pantson
2006-01-13, 01:29 PM
I've just upgraded my enechanced web to the lastest version and now I can log in, but then
my browser shows...

This type of page is not served.
Description: The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden. The extension '.asp' may be incorrect. Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /gbpvr/index.asp
----
previously I have seen the manage page after logging in but not after a clean install.

I have followed drugstore_cowboys method for upgrade with no luck.
any ideas?

pantson
2006-01-13, 05:15 PM
Hi, turns out the problem was me.
I was looking for a page called index.asp. that page doesn't exists... index.aspx does (tut)

the clues in the error ;-)
cheers anyhows, Rich

JohnInSJ
2006-01-13, 11:02 PM
Hi, turns out the problem was me.
I was looking for a page called index.asp. that page doesn't exists... index.aspx does (tut)

the clues in the error ;-)
cheers anyhows, Rich

Er, along those lines tho, is it possible to (at least in the case of not running under apache) to map the root request to the proper url?

say my pvr is pvr.something.com and the webmin is running on port 80
it would be nice if I could just hit http://pvr.something.com and have it do the right thing (redirect to pvr.something.com/gbpvr/index.aspx - man that's a mouthful!)

normanr
2006-01-14, 12:18 PM
I just use a tiny asp script (I'm sure you could use a php script, or an apache rewrite):

<%
Response.Redirect("http://" & Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST") & ":7647/gbpvr/login.aspx")
%>

al1suarez
2006-01-14, 03:04 PM
After I installed GB-PVR I then installed latest Enhanced Web Admin. Now everytime I initiate anything in GB-PVR I get the Windows Installer Window. Then GB-PVR will halt until I close the Window Installer window.

How do I get rid of the Windows Installer window now?

Should I have started a new thread? Sorry. :confused:

Thanks guys!

j3flight
2006-01-14, 04:22 PM
After I installed GB-PVR I then installed latest Enhanced Web Admin. Now everytime I initiate anything in GB-PVR I get the Windows Installer Window. Then GB-PVR will halt until I close the Window Installer window.

How do I get rid of the Windows Installer window now?

Should I have started a new thread? Sorry. :confused:

Thanks guys!

Just read back a few posts, man...
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=82578&postcount=650
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=81436&postcount=637

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-15, 01:33 AM
As a feature request, it would be great if the statistics page also displayed the next scheduled EPG update. I understand that Sub has programmed a randomizing feature so the the EPG update occurs plus or minus xx minutes from the scheduled time. The actual plus or minus period could be displayed for informational purposes.

I have connected to the web interface from work and noticed I am a day short on EPG data, but can't recall what time I set the update. Now I am not sure if the update is pending or if it failed.

And it would be wonderful if the Web Admin could initiate a manual EPG update as well, if that could be done.

Neither of these functions are available via the API. It is unlikley these functions will be added to the native GBPVR API and therfore won't be created in the Web Admin.

stu8080
2006-01-17, 08:35 PM
Thanks NormanR, Download album feature works a treat.

Much appreciated

CurtisMinBC
2006-01-24, 06:46 AM
Could someone please try and get the web admin t o work with Pocket Internet Explorer?

It would be greatly appreciated.

RGDS

SFX Group
2006-01-24, 11:41 AM
Hi

Have latest GBPVR installed (v0.95.16) with WA v0.28.2 works fine. Stopped GBPVR Recording service, over copied WA v0.30, restarted GBPVR Recording service.

Open webpage (like normal) got log on screen, logged in , looked odd as the left side GUIDE channels numbers where about 20% of the page in width, went to config and change Minute span to 60 and Minute Interval to 15.

Saved then closed and open page, no more log on screen, got a page error instead. Went ot GBPVR machien looked at error on webpage and found error "12:15".

Stopped GBPVR recording service, removed WEB fold, copied new WA v0.30 again, started service on same machine same error.

Stopped service remove web folder, copied WA v0.28.2 back again, started service and now ok.

So v0.30 seems to have a HUGE bug it remembers even after deleting the whole folder??

Many Thanks
Ashley

SFX Group
2006-01-24, 02:55 PM
The above problem is also showing up on v0.28.2 but if you leave the machine for 3 mins then try again after closing the window its ok...

Whats going on here then?

Many Thanks
Ashley

normanr
2006-01-24, 03:19 PM
This is in IE right? Can you post a screenshot?

SFX Group
2006-01-24, 03:34 PM
Yeah, i will when it happends again, you want one from the LOCALHOST? as the remote hosts never give the error... (you know it will never happened again now i want it to dont you??)

Yes its IE, i dont have Firefox on the localhost machine...

Many Thanks
Ashley

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-24, 03:55 PM
Yeah, i will when it happends again, you want one from the LOCALHOST? as the remote hosts never give the error... (you know it will never happened again now i want it to dont you??)

Yes its IE, i dont have Firefox on the localhost machine...

Many Thanks
Ashley

I noticed on your other post you removed the Web Folder.....there is an known issue with deleting the whole folder rather than just doing an overlay over what is installed by the GBPVR install.....it has to do with the Images folder no longer being in the current relase of the Web Admin.

GBPVR could be overlaying the version ver 0.30 files if you removed the entire folder....you may want to just unzip the ver 0.30 files overtop of the web folder and see what happens. Normanr has addressed this with sub for the next release of GBPVR.

SFX Group
2006-01-24, 04:35 PM
GBPVR could be overlaying the version ver 0.30 files if you removed the entire folder....you may want to just unzip the ver 0.30 files overtop of the web folder and see what happens. Normanr has addressed this with sub for the next release of GBPVR.

I understand what you are syaing but none of the details.

You are right i deleted the web folder that GBPVR installed (which had 0.28.2 inside it), then replaced with 0.30, didnt work so overlayed 0.28.2 back over the top of the none working v0.30 WEB folder.

What would you like me to try?

Are you saying unzip GBPVR and delete the WEB folder then replace with a GBPVR version THEN put 0.30 inside or just in the version i have now remove it and replace the whole folder with the v0.30 WEB folder?

Many Thanks
Ashley

SFX Group
2006-01-24, 09:55 PM
Happend again.

2 Images one from the client and another from the server (localhost). Still isnt working 10 mins after, might have to restart and hope it fixes it.

This was AFTER login, this came up ok, its what ever loads ofter this.

Anymore info let me know and i will see what i can do.

Many Thanks
Ashley

SFX Group
2006-01-24, 10:14 PM
As an update, not touched anything (sat here looking at the screen), will now log in ok!!!!.

Many Thanks
Ashley

Janik
2006-01-25, 03:08 AM
Hi,

I posted this in the wrong place (support forum), so I am reposting here as sub suggested.

I believe I may have found a bug, which I did not find mentionned when I searched the forums (and this thread in particular). I have version 95.16, and a Hauppauge PVR150, on Win XP SP2.

To reproduce:
- Start the web administration service. I use the "enhanced" version, but both make the same error occur.
- Make a season recording for a program (I usually select "This channel, this timeslot")
- Now, from the normal GBPVR interface, go to recordings.
- Select reoccuring and select the new one.
- Choose Update. I consistently get "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Reoccuring programs schedule from within GBPVR do not have this problem.

On a second, possibly related note, would it be possible to specify the # of recordings to keep when scheduling a recording in the web interface?

Here is the GBPVR log file I get for the relevant time. Not sure how helpful it was.

24/01/2006 9:03:38 PM.733 VERBOSE [2] ShowMouse ref=0
24/01/2006 9:03:39 PM.815 VERBOSE [2] Loading recording list for next recording panel
24/01/2006 9:03:39 PM.815 VERBOSE [2] RecordingFactory.loadSchedule()
24/01/2006 9:03:39 PM.815 VERBOSE [2] getValue cached value: /settings/AutoRemoveMissingRecordings : true
24/01/2006 9:03:43 PM.780 VERBOSE [2] loading /settings/SpecialElements/SpecialElement[@name="ListView"]
24/01/2006 9:03:43 PM.780 VERBOSE [2] loading /settings/SpecialElements/SpecialElement[@name="DetailsView"]
24/01/2006 9:03:43 PM.860 VERBOSE [2] loading /settings/SpecialElements/SpecialElement[@name="ItemList"]
24/01/2006 9:03:43 PM.870 VERBOSE [2] RecordingFactory.loadSchedule()
24/01/2006 9:03:43 PM.870 VERBOSE [2] getValue cached value: /settings/AutoRemoveMissingRecordings : true
24/01/2006 9:03:44 PM.181 VERBOSE [2] loading /settings/SpecialElements/SpecialElement[@name="Buttons"]
24/01/2006 9:03:44 PM.191 VERBOSE [2] getValue() loading new key/value into cache: /settings/ConfirmDeleteInRecordings
24/01/2006 9:03:44 PM.191 VERBOSE [2] getValue: /settings/ConfirmDeleteInRecordings : true
24/01/2006 9:03:44 PM.251 VERBOSE [2] RecordingFactory.loadSchedule()
24/01/2006 9:03:44 PM.251 VERBOSE [2] getValue cached value: /settings/AutoRemoveMissingRecordings : true
24/01/2006 9:03:44 PM.812 VERBOSE [2] HideMouse ref=-1
24/01/2006 9:03:47 PM.756 VERBOSE [2] RecordingFactory.loadSchedule()
24/01/2006 9:03:47 PM.756 VERBOSE [2] getValue cached value: /settings/AutoRemoveMissingRecordings : true
24/01/2006 9:03:54 PM.235 VERBOSE [2] RecordingFactory.getExtrasForGroup(9)
24/01/2006 9:03:54 PM.255 ERROR [2] Error: msg=0x100 (WM_KEYDOWN) hwnd=0xa010a wparam=0xd lparam=0x11c0001 result=0x0 : System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at xae10db17d26ba033.x5cda45cd457fdeba.x1fa9fc9cbb6f8 1c9(x74455bc585ff5246 x421ce789b9741187, Programme x5d1dc8495c0908a9, ScheduledRecording x7a46bf99d6e49df2, Int32 x5402cfb4a6eafc61, Int32 xc0cb2da9e3b49ecc)
at xae10db17d26ba033.x5cda45cd457fdeba..ctor(x74455bc 585ff5246 x421ce789b9741187, ScheduledRecording x7a46bf99d6e49df2, Int32 x5402cfb4a6eafc61, Int32 xc0cb2da9e3b49ecc)
at xae10db17d26ba033.x3222298a0181dd43.xb4057d727283f c14(x8b4f0834394c048a x7cb9dd1fd53b81bf)
at xae10db17d26ba033.xa556fe3f7d8d6ce3.OnKeyDown(KeyE ventArgs xc4f45905cb1fc7ba)
at xae10db17d26ba033.x3222298a0181dd43.OnKeyDown(KeyE ventArgs xc4f45905cb1fc7ba)
at xae10db17d26ba033.x86396f56243de9fb.OnKeyDown(KeyE ventArgs xc4f45905cb1fc7ba)
at xae10db17d26ba033.xbb1566157f5f8b1f.xdae9991ab918b 397(Object xdf2e3583f942db7b, KeyEventArgs xc4f45905cb1fc7ba)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArg s e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at xae10db17d26ba033.xbb1566157f5f8b1f.WndProc(Messag e& x5f8f2c40c000ab2c)
24/01/2006 9:03:55 PM.307 VERBOSE [2] ShowMouse ref=0
24/01/2006 9:04:01 PM.846 VERBOSE [2] HideMouse ref=-1

Thanks!

Janik

DeadRun
2006-01-25, 07:49 AM
I really like the Web Admin. I think it will even be better if I can find the time to port the database to SQL Server to improve speed.

Things that I think would make the episode search more powerful:
(1) Ability to filter search by genre, much like the current channel filter
(2) Ability to filter based on the date with a begin date (and potentially a start date, but not required) to limit the search to after some date. (This could be used to only look for episodes after the date of previous review of the progams available.)
(3) Ability to sort the columns in the output by each of the column headings, like is done in the Manage Recordings page.

But even if you reject all these thoughts, I still love the app and use it all the time. THANKS!

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-25, 10:08 AM
I really like the Web Admin. I think it will even be better if I can find the time to port the database to SQL Server to improve speed.

Things that I think would make the episode search more powerful:
(1) Ability to filter search by genre, much like the current channel filter
(2) Ability to filter based on the date with a begin date (and potentially a start date, but not required) to limit the search to after some date. (This could be used to only look for episodes after the date of previous review of the progams available.)
(3) Ability to sort the columns in the output by each of the column headings, like is done in the Manage Recordings page.

But even if you reject all these thoughts, I still love the app and use it all the time. THANKS!

(1) Ability to filter search by genre, much like the current channel filter - Already on the enhancement listing on wiki (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/EnhancedWebAdmin).
(2) Ability to filter based on the date with a begin date (and potentially a start date, but not required) to limit the search to after some date. (This could be used to only look for episodes after the date of previous review of the progams available.) - Added to list on wiki (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/EnhancedWebAdmin).
(3) Ability to sort the columns in the output by each of the column headings, like is done in the Manage Recordings page. - Added to list on wiki (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/EnhancedWebAdmin).

habile
2006-01-27, 08:46 AM
Happend again.

2 Images one from the client and another from the server (localhost). Still isnt working 10 mins after, might have to restart and hope it fixes it.

This was AFTER login, this came up ok, its what ever loads ofter this.

Anymore info let me know and i will see what i can do.

Many Thanks
Ashley

I posted this same error some while back in this thread. I can't immediately see a response to it. But this occurs after you change the minute interval to anything other than 30 in Config.

It doesn't occur all the time but most of the time. If Minute Interval = 30 then I never see the problem. You might want to create a separate thread for this 'cos I get lost in this one.

C.

SFX Group
2006-01-27, 11:15 AM
You might want to create a separate thread for this 'cos I get lost in this one.C.

DONE (well will be in the next 5 mins)

SFX Group
2006-01-27, 11:20 AM
I notice the channel numbers column has got wider in v0.3, anychance of being able to use Channel Icons as well? I understand this may mean copying them to a new location as well and having a "no icon" icon for the ones that are missing but it would be nice (i dont have a problem with this, its how web servers work).

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-28, 08:37 PM
DONE (well will be in the next 5 mins)

normanr and I monitor this thread for issues...we frequently have sub move threads that concern the EWA into this thread. It makes monitoring for support far easier than having to look at all the posts that come out each day.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-28, 09:06 PM
I notice the channel numbers column has got wider in v0.3, any chance of being able to use Channel Icons as well? I understand this may mean copying them to a new location as well and having a "no icon" icon for the ones that are missing but it would be nice (i dont have a problem with this, its how web servers work).
Added to the list on the wiki (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/EnhancedWebAdmin).

SFX Group
2006-01-28, 10:02 PM
normanr and I monitor this thread for issues...
Does this mean i will have to post this thread "http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=13027" here to be looked at?

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-28, 10:44 PM
Does this mean i will have to post this thread "http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=13027" here to be looked at?

No....I have asked sub to move it over......

trevparks
2006-01-29, 07:52 PM
I am trying to install V30 to replace what was shipped with the most recent GBPVR install for Windows. MSI kicks in to replace the files back. How can I prevent this?

Thanks.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-29, 11:25 PM
I am trying to install V30 to replace what was shipped with the most recent GBPVR install for Windows. MSI kicks in to replace the files back. How can I prevent this?

Thanks.
See this post (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=81436&postcount=637).......

trevparks
2006-01-30, 09:20 PM
See this post (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=81436&postcount=637).......

Much appreciation.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-31, 03:18 AM
I notice the channel numbers column has got wider in v0.3, anychance of being able to use Channel Icons as well? I understand this may mean copying them to a new location as well and having a "no icon" icon for the ones that are missing but it would be nice (i dont have a problem with this, its how web servers work).

This should be in the next release....I added it tonight. You can turn on or off this using channel icons in the config. It pulls the channel icons from the same location that they are stored for native GBPVR so no duplication. If you have it turned on and don't have an icon you will just get the text version for that channel.

bhays
2006-01-31, 03:40 AM
Clearly the most important feature to be added for me is the ability to set advanced recording options (primarily just pre and post padding) via the web interface.

SFX Group
2006-01-31, 07:54 AM
This should be in the next release....I added it tonight. You can turn on or off this using channel icons in the config. It pulls the channel icons from the same location that they are stored for native GBPVR so no duplication. If you have it turned on and don't have an icon you will just get the text version for that channel.
NICE :D

turkey
2006-01-31, 03:11 PM
great application! I have one suggestion: the ability to type in "movies" in the search tab, and list all movies in the epg. This would be great to be able to find all of the movies that are playing for the week, and record the ones that I want.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-01-31, 09:05 PM
great application! I have one suggestion: the ability to type in "movies" in the search tab, and list all movies in the epg. This would be great to be able to find all of the movies that are playing for the week, and record the ones that I want.

I am not able to locate any extend information that would provide the ability to match programmes to this type of category. Zap2it provides Genre information but Movies is not one of the categories.

turkey
2006-01-31, 10:00 PM
in the main database, all of the movies have a unique identifier that starts with the letters "MV" followed by a number:

oid........name.......sub_title......... description....... start_time................. end_time....................channel_oid.......uniq ue_identifier.....rating
90740....Valley Girl......................A California girl...2/7/2006 6:00:00 PM ..2/7/2006 8:00:00 PM....19....................MV0130450000.......TV-PG

(I use zap2it, in the usa)

Would this work?

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-01, 12:43 AM
in the main database, all of the movies have a unique identifier that starts with the letters "MV" followed by a number:

oid........name.......sub_title......... description....... start_time................. end_time....................channel_oid.......uniq ue_identifier.....rating
90740....Valley Girl......................A California girl...2/7/2006 6:00:00 PM ..2/7/2006 8:00:00 PM....19....................MV0130450000.......TV-PG

(I use zap2it, in the usa)

Would this work?
Nice find....I went back into the Zap2it schema layout and looked at htis field and found the following description. A search could be done on this field.

"Unique description
identifier necessary to
reference movies,
shows, episodes, sports
from the programs
data. First two digits
are alphanumeric and
correspond to movies
(MV), shows (SH),
episodes (EP) and
sports (SP)."

goelectric
2006-02-01, 03:22 PM
Hi,

I unzipped the gbweb-enhanced.v30.zip over my existing gbpvr/web directory
( I use Windows XP and Apache and have the web directory in D:\gbpvr\web) .

When I browse to the the guide page http://192.168.1.28:7000/gbpvr/Guide.aspx I get the following error:-
Method not found: 'System.String GBPVR.Public.Programme.getRating()'.

(full error below).

I can browse to the config and change the themes etc but not the listings or recordings page.
Reverting to the old version (29) works ok.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Steve

Method not found: 'System.String GBPVR.Public.Programme.getRating()'.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String GBPVR.Public.Programme.getRating()'.

Source Error:

Line 392: private class TableHeaderRow : TableRow, INamingContainer
Line 393: {
Line 394:
Line 395: public TableHeaderRow(Settings guideParams, DateTime startTime)
Line 396: {

Source File: C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Guide.aspx.cs Line: 394

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String GBPVR.Public.Programme.getRating()'.]
gbweb.guide.Page_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Guide.aspx.cs:394
System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +80
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +88
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5731

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

goelectric
2006-02-01, 04:16 PM
I've figured out what was wrong and how to upgrade to version 30 - this only applies to folks who use Apache (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/SetupApacheCLI ) and have moved the web directory to somewhere else to overcome the problem with "NativeUtilities.dll" being re-created everytime the GB-PVR recording service re-starts.

Do a normal upgrade into your main gbpvr directory e.g. delete the web directory and extract the zip into c:\devnz\gbpvr\web

Restart the recording service. This copies some addtional dll's across.....Re-extract the v30 webadmin.zip files to the web directory - to make sure you have the correct ones - restarting the recording service overwrote some of them in my case e.g the Login.aspx got rolled back to the previous one!!!!.

Check the new version 30 webadmin now works using the http://localhost:7647/gbpvr/guide.aspx. Then copy the web directory in its entirety to your Apache gbpvr/web directory, delete the NativeUtilities.dll and voila :)

Eeeeeeeekkkkk!

goelectric
2006-02-01, 04:19 PM
Thanks for adding the IMDB links to the new version. :cool:

Where do you change the config options to hide program descriptions from the main guide page?

SFX Group
2006-02-01, 04:40 PM
Then copy the web directory in its entirety to your Apache gbpvr/web directory, delete the NativeUtilities.dll and voila :)

errmmm... quesion, if you copy the whole directory, how on earth will Admin update the recording part when you select it from online? I would have thought most of this is relative directory wise??

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-01, 09:34 PM
Thanks for adding the IMDB links to the new version. :cool:

Where do you change the config options to hide program descriptions from the main guide page?

That feature is in release 31.....:D

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-01, 09:36 PM
errmmm... quesion, if you copy the whole directory, how on earth will Admin update the recording part when you select it from online? I would have thought most of this is relative directory wise??

The code actually pulls the location of the installed GBPVR from the registy. :)

normanr
2006-02-04, 02:09 PM
That feature is in release 31.....:D
Speaking of which, build 31 (http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/tv/gbweb-enhanced.v31.zip) is released:

- UncleJohnsBand: Added pick and choose what extra information displays in the Guide, set the extension on downloads, show Channel Icons, filter search results to only return Movies, Updated copyright date and added Wiki link.
- NormanR: adjusted the way download urls's are generated, changed downloads to be cached if possible.

SFX Group
2006-02-04, 04:30 PM
Speaking of which, build 31 (http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/tv/gbweb-enhanced.v31.zip) is released:
Loaded and seems to be working.

I notice you can alter the size of the channel icons (thats handy) also is there a way of making that first column smaller in width? Its really wide..

One last thing is the "Time Slice" issue resolved?

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-04, 06:02 PM
Loaded and seems to be working.

I notice you can alter the size of the channel icons (thats handy) also is there a way of making that first column smaller in width? Its really wide..

One last thing is the "Time Slice" issue resolved?
sure....new release and already you want something else.... ;)

Now that this release is out we can look at the timeslice issue (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=13027).

I'll look into the column size and see what can be done. The standard icon size appears to be 133x99 (for the most part). High-Def images can be twice that size. I set my icon size to 67x50 which still allows the icons to render readable and the column doesn't look huge.

groover km
2006-02-04, 06:33 PM
UncleJohnsBand, everything is working fine here. Thanks!

Can I ask, where did you get those channel icons from? They're purrrdy. Mine suck, and look as if they were drawn with a crayola.

Edit: Ignore me. Found them here -

http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/us-nc.html

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-04, 07:13 PM
UncleJohnsBand, everything is working fine here. Thanks!

Can I ask, where did you get those channel icons from? They're purrrdy. Mine suck, and look as if they were drawn with a crayola.

Edit: Ignore me. Found them here -

http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/us-nc.html
I used the 4 downloads located in the first post on this sage-tv post (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8186)...they are high-res 264x198. I used gimpshop to resize them down to the 133x99 standard.

You can also get a nice selection from the wiki (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/SkinMegaPackChannelLogos) in the megapack that tipstir put together.

KingArgyle
2006-02-05, 05:32 PM
I'm thinking of adding support to the web admin for managing the CDK Scheduler XML file. We use the web admin about 95% of the time to setup and manage our recordings, and CDK Scheduler is used solely to manage the Season/Recurring recordings. I have a couple of questions before I proceed as I want to make this configurable as much as possible.

1. I thinking of adding a radio button to the Config screen so that the scheduler default can be set (i.e. use CDK Scheduler or GBPVR built in scheduler). From here other pages typically used to schedule season recordings would add their season recordings to the appropriate scheduler based on the radio button value. Manul and One time recordings would always be handled by GBPVR.

2. Either the Manage Recordings or the Config screen is going to need a seperate web page for moving the priority recordings around (i.e. reprioritizing them). Wasn't sure where the best place to put this screen was.

3. When is the global.aspx.cs file read? Is it read one time at startup or whenever a page is accessed?

Any tips or pointers that you guys can give would be appreciated. CDK Scheduler has a complete api that can be used to read and write the appropriate file, as well as retrieve and manage the recordings, so it really is only going to be a matter of setting up defaults and maybe addinging some advanced configuration options.

Ideally I'd like to see this as a plugin to the web admin, but not sure exactly how to go about doing that. If it is a plugin then the additional CDK Scheduler features don't need to be distrubuted with the standard code, but can be downloaded and installed seperately.

j3flight
2006-02-05, 06:47 PM
Feature request:

Could someone add a warning or notification of somekind when a recording FAILS to be correctly scheduled?

I was trying to setup a recording the other day of a single episide... I would select the episode in the guide, click "record this episode", the page would refresh, but my show wasn't marked red. It took me a while to figure this out but the conflict was really far down in the channels list and my new episode was overlapping.

Could you present a pop-up window or just some bold text at the top of the page after scheduling when this occurs? It's very easy to miss the fact that it failed unless you go specifically look for the red box. Hopefully, the internal scheudling API returns some sort of status so this is possible...

Thanks!

groover km
2006-02-05, 06:50 PM
Really like the new update! Just a suggestion -

On the episode search, could a 'date' field be added? That way we could search for movies that are on tonight, this weekend, etc...

normanr
2006-02-05, 07:49 PM
3. When is the global.aspx.cs file read? Is it read one time at startup or whenever a page is accessed?Technically only at compile time, but what you meant to ask is when are the functions in global executed:
Well there are many to choose from: Application_Start - runs when the first page is loaded after reboot, Session_Start - runs when a new browser instance loads a gb-pvr page for the first time, Application_BeginRequest/Application_AuthenticateRequest - runs each and every page hit.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-05, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking of adding support to the web admin for managing the CDK Scheduler XML file. We use the web admin about 95% of the time to setup and manage our recordings, and CDK Scheduler is used solely to manage the Season/Recurring recordings. I have a couple of questions before I proceed as I want to make this configurable as much as possible.

1. I thinking of adding a radio button to the Config screen so that the scheduler default can be set (i.e. use CDK Scheduler or GBPVR built in scheduler). From here other pages typically used to schedule season recordings would add their season recordings to the appropriate scheduler based on the radio button value. Manul and One time recordings would always be handled by GBPVR.
I have confirmed with sub that the next release of GBPVR contains the API for the season recordings so the native Web Admin will be updated to handle season recordings just like the native GBPVR. Not sure if that impacts the need to integrate another plugin on top of the EWA.

Will "attaching" the web admin into another plugin make the EWA overly complex....meaning will the EWA need to change anytime CDK does and that anytime you add recording functianlity to EWA you will need to also add coding or not mess up coding that deals with CDK?

Why do you use CDK rather than native GBPVR scheduler? Does it offer something more?

2. Either the Manage Recordings or the Config screen is going to need a seperate web page for moving the priority recordings around (i.e. reprioritizing them). Wasn't sure where the best place to put this screen was.

Ideally I'd like to see this as a plugin to the web admin, but not sure exactly how to go about doing that. If it is a plugin then the additional CDK Scheduler features don't need to be distrubuted with the standard code, but can be downloaded and installed seperately.
I belive that if CDK access is integrated it should get its own page and code behinds that are only visible/used if the user has chosen to use CDK. This approach would make maintenance easier by not interlacing standard GBPVR Web access with a seperate plugins requirements. This would alsing with your EWA Plugin Approach rather than expanding the core EWA to engulf a sepearte plugin nativly.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-05, 08:27 PM
Really like the new update! Just a suggestion -

On the episode search, could a 'date' field be added? That way we could search for movies that are on tonight, this weekend, etc...
I believe this one is already on the wiki (http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/EnhancedWebAdmin)as an item on the wish list.

dneprrider
2006-02-05, 09:20 PM
Hi there,
I have been trying to get build 31 to work the past 2 day. I've installed twice and after each install I get the following error message (attached .jpg) when trying to login.

Any ideas?

SFX Group
2006-02-05, 10:01 PM
I set my icon size to 67x50 which still allows the icons to render readable and the column doesn't look huge.

I havnt played with icon size yet, this is 133x99 (or something) my one looks odd.

wedgie
2006-02-05, 11:25 PM
Hi there,
I have been trying to get build 31 to work the past 2 day. I've installed twice and after each install I get the following error message (attached .jpg) when trying to login.

Any ideas?
I get that error too.

groover km
2006-02-06, 01:14 AM
See this thread for a fix....

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=13097

Incidentally, this is the thread from hell - 73 pages????

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-06, 02:20 AM
I havnt played with icon size yet, this is 133x99 (or something) my one looks odd.

There is a padding issue that will be fixed....currently there is padding surrounding the graphic that shouldn't be there. Normanr is working on updating the syles to allow a 0px padd for the graphics.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-06, 02:32 AM
See this thread for a fix....

Incidentally, this is the thread from hell - 73 pages????

This is the support thread for the EWA.....any issues are reported, tracked and addressed here. Having everything is one spot makes it easy to monitor rather than needing to watch all the various posts that come in all over the place on a daily basis.

We have started tracking change requests on the wiki. A change log has also been added to the EWA....go to the Statistics page to find the link....it will tell you all the changes in each release.

groover km
2006-02-06, 03:21 AM
This is the support thread for the EWA.....any issues are reported, tracked and addressed here. Having everything is one spot makes it easy to monitor rather than needing to watch all the various posts that come in all over the place on a daily basis.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound snippy; hope it didn't come across that way.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-06, 03:42 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound snippy; hope it didn't come across that way.

It didn't....this is a fairly common comment that we address from time to time...;)

KingArgyle
2006-02-06, 03:59 AM
Why do you use CDK rather than native GBPVR scheduler? Does it offer something more?

There are several differences, between the built in recording scheduler and the CDK Scheduler. I originally wrote CDK Scheduler, and JRock and Jorm added enhancements to it. CDK Scheduler uses a priority based recording scheduling system as opposed to a first in first out type scheduling system. By implementing priorities for recordings, when conflicts occur, the highest level priority recording is always given preference. This eliminates conflicts and you make sure your recording is always scheduled. This is of greatest benefit when you have a high number of recordings scheduled on a signle tuner. I typically have on average about 30 programs scheduled to record. Many of these can conflict, the priority recording eliminates the conflicts and I don't have to manually resolve them.

Also, CDK Scheduler can handle duplicates with either an XML TV source or a Zap2It source, it interfaces with RecTracker and the Watched database to check for duplicates. It offers a finer level of control over a particular recording, allowing you to narrow time ranage, date range, days of week, or any combination. You can also record shows based off of searches on Program Name, Title, and/or Description. You can mix and match any of these options.

It basically offers the more advanced features that you find in Sage TV, Myth TV, Tivo, and Beyond TV.

XRecord and XGuide have had support for CDK Scheduler for months, and I know there is a pretty decent installed base of users that use it. Personally, I don't use the GBPVR front end that much, but I do use the Web Admin, and my wife is not going to want to edit an XML file directly, so that is my main driving factor for adding a Web front end for managing and scheduling programs with CDK Scheduler.

As GBPVR doesn't give you an option to re-arrange the reoccuring recordings, there is no way to set priorities on a recording to give one preference over another. Plus the added control has been invaluable at fine tuning when recordings happen, and making sure that I don't run into times when the guide is being updated (ruined a couple of recordings while processing an XML TV guide a couple of times before fine tuning when the shows are recorded).

One other item you can do is also adjust the start time of a recording if there is a conflict. Say one show ends at 10:01pm, but another show you want to record starts at 10:00pm, you can adjust the start time of the second program so that it starts in a range from either 10:00 - 10:05 (or whatever number of minutes you want), so that that at 10:01, it will start recording the second show. The same can be done with with the end time as well.

With the added features it does add complexity, but gives the user far more control on how their system records the programs.

KingArgyle
2006-02-06, 04:16 AM
Will "attaching" the web admin into another plugin make the EWA overly complex....meaning will the EWA need to change anytime CDK does and that anytime you add recording functianlity to EWA you will need to also add coding or not mess up coding that deals with CDK?

There are already a lot of features I don't use in the EWA like streaming video, and music. I just use it to search for episodes (the original enhancement I added to EWA), and manage/schedule recordings, so in some ways the added functionality that is already there is more complex than I need it, but others use it.

I still think a plugin type system would allow others to enhance the functionality with out over complicating the actual web admin itself. I have no problem with writing seperate pages for the features I want, but it would be nice to be able to turn off and on features from with in the configuration option so that you only get the subset of features you need. It would be nice to be able to easily add other features without making them have to be included with the base distribution.

normanr
2006-02-06, 08:22 AM

Incidentally, this is the thread from hell - 73 pages????73 (now 74) is nothing - the WDM recorder thread (http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread.php?t=2753) is 83 pages atm.

These threads are by far the largest, because they're where the only other active development of GB-PVR is happening.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-06, 10:07 AM
There are already a lot of features I don't use in the EWA like streaming video, and music. I just use it to search for episodes (the original enhancement I added to EWA), and manage/schedule recordings, so in some ways the added functionality that is already there is more complex than I need it, but others use it.

I still think a plugin type system would allow others to enhance the functionality with out over complicating the actual web admin itself. I have no problem with writing seperate pages for the features I want, but it would be nice to be able to turn off and on features from with in the configuration option so that you only get the subset of features you need. It would be nice to be able to easily add other features without making them have to be included with the base distribution.

Yea.....I think if it is setup in a way that when you select to use CDK scheduler instead of the native scheduler you show a different tab or tabs to support its functionality/configuration. If the CDK page(s) control the configuratuon of CDK you could insert an if/else in the current guide to call the CDK specific scheduling code if it is enabled. I wouldn't want to duplicate a CDK Guide page itself....that would be silly.... ;)

You will also need to make sure to use the styles for look/feel.

KingArgyle
2006-02-06, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I was planning on using the existing style sheets. When I get something put together I'll post a beta to this thread.

drugstore_cowboy
2006-02-08, 12:38 AM
I can't seem to get the icons to show and I have the option ticked off in the config page of the web admin. My icons are stored in the folder
...\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\media\ChannelLogos and they show up fine in the TV guide etc.

Any thoughts on what the problem is? I checked the logs and found nothing.

Thanks,

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-08, 01:17 AM
I can't seem to get the icons to show and I have the option ticked off in the config page of the web admin. My icons are stored in the folder
...\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\media\ChannelLogos and they show up fine in the TV guide etc.

Any thoughts on what the problem is? I checked the logs and found nothing.

Thanks,

Are you seeing broken icon links or just channel numbers in text format?

drugstore_cowboy
2006-02-08, 04:20 AM
Are you seeing broken icon links or just channel numbers in text format?

Just numbers in text format

normanr
2006-02-08, 08:35 AM
What's the naming convention of the icons? I had to tweak the detection to find my icons, but I'd expected it to be backwards compatable (and certaily UJB didn't complain).

I'm not sure what method sub uses, but I just use the 'channel Name' directly. (This is not what shows on the guide, because numbers are stripped if the channel number matches the start of the channelName)

Marty
2006-02-08, 12:29 PM
hi,
- sorry to butt in - but I have a question and this seems like the correct thread!
I have just tried the web interface at home after getting my GBPVR PC in its final location, and it works fine. ( I think I have about the latest version of GBPVR installed)
If if set the username to "autologon" I can access the web interface from my pc at work ok however if I set it back to "admin" the logon page just times out after I enter my password. Any idea what I need to tweak to get this to work with a proper username and password? I would rather not use "autologon" as I dont think its secure. Note this is the standard web interface that comes with GBPVR - I have not installed the very latest enhanced web interface.

Marty

Qjimbo
2006-02-08, 02:17 PM
This is very cool, however I can't get streaming to work over here as VLC just doesn't work with my colleges proxy, neither does Winamp =/ (I'm beginning to think I have the password wrong), so is there any way to directly download the MPG files instead of having them streamed?

Still, very nice work on this, I look forward to being able to set up recordings through the web interface etc.

normanr
2006-02-08, 02:35 PM
hrm, admin should not timeout. I have seen some odd MTU issues that cause the web admin to 'hang'.

On the selective autologin idea I have had thoughts of enabling it by ip ranges, i.e. all local machines can login without password, but remote machines should login with a password. (of course the list of ranges would be configurable via the web interface).

turkey
2006-02-08, 02:40 PM
ip range selection would be a great feature. Right now i use a firewall to block the web admin port when i dont want to use it, but it would be better if gbpvr did this automatically. No one should be using the autologin if they are not on a local computer!

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-08, 07:21 PM
This is very cool, however I can't get streaming to work over here as VLC just doesn't work with my colleges proxy, neither does Winamp =/ (I'm beginning to think I have the password wrong), so is there any way to directly download the MPG files instead of having them streamed?

Still, very nice work on this, I look forward to being able to set up recordings through the web interface etc.

If you are using a current release of the EWA then there should be a download button under the play button in the Video Manager tab.

drugstore_cowboy
2006-02-09, 12:01 AM
What's the naming convention of the icons?... I'm not sure what method sub uses, but I just use the 'channel Name' directly. (This is not what shows on the guide, because numbers are stripped if the channel number matches the start of the channelName)

The naming convention used is the same as the channels e.g HGTV channel icon is named HGTV.gif etc...

Any thoughts on what else it could be?

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-09, 01:05 AM
The naming convention used is the same as the channels e.g HGTV channel icon is named HGTV.gif etc...

Any thoughts on what else it could be?

PM me a couple of your icons.

drugstore_cowboy
2006-02-09, 01:32 AM
PM me a couple of your icons.

As requested.. well almost as I didn't know how to attach a file to the PM :)

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-09, 01:44 AM
As requested.. well almost as I didn't know how to attach a file to the PM :)

Ok....it doesn't show up in mine either as is.....however changing the name to match the channel number made it work. So instead of Spike.gif I made it 34 Spike.gif and it showed up fine.

Try putting the channel number and a space before the channel name on a few of your graphic files and see if that works.

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-09, 01:57 AM
ip range selection would be a great feature. Right now i use a firewall to block the web admin port when i dont want to use it, but it would be better if gbpvr did this automatically. No one should be using the autologin if they are not on a local computer!

I agree....this would be a nice feature....it should support either a single ip or an ip range. When I access my system from work I will connect with one of 3 different ip ranges.

drugstore_cowboy
2006-02-09, 02:01 AM
Ok....it doesn't show up in mine either as is.....however changing the name to match the channel number made it work. So instead of Spike.gif I made it 34 Spike.gif and it showed up fine.

Try putting the channel number and a space before the channel name on a few of your graphic files and see if that works.

That was it :) Thanks again my friend

UncleJohnsBand
2006-02-09, 02:05 AM
What's the naming convention of the icons? I had to tweak the detection to find my icons, but I'd expected it to be backwards compatable (and certaily UJB didn't complain).

I'm not sure what method sub uses, but I just use the 'channel Name' directly. (This is not what shows on the guide, because numbers are stripped if the channel number matches the start of the channelName)

Currently the code is pulling the channel number and the name....at least that what get returned on this method call on my machine.

string channelIcon = GetChannelIcon(channel.getName());

normanr
2006-02-09, 08:16 AM
Here's the 'entire' code that we started with (sub's comment afaik):

string channelName = channel.getName();
if (channelName.StartsWith(channel.getChannelNumber() .ToString())) // cosmetic stuff for my american friends
{
channelName = channelName.Substring(channel.getChannelNumber().T oString().Length);
}
string chnl = channel.getChannelNumber().ToString();
string channelIcon = GetChannelIcon(chnl + channelName);
I then changed it to:

string channelIcon = GetChannelIcon(channel.getName());
because my channel icons are named exactly with the channel name (i.e. no number).

I assumed that Lee's icons were named with <number><name> because he was going to the effort of adding them back together after the number was stripped off. Which meant that it worked for UJB and myself.

I'm not sure what the naming convention that sub looks for in the main GB-PVR app. If the main app is plainly looking for names with and without the channel number, then that seems to be the easiest way to fix this.

Adding a long list of things to scan for won't slow the guide down, once we start caching the results. (which I have planned anyways)

Marty
2006-02-12, 10:59 PM
I have read and re-read the posts and tried port forwarding and setting my pc as a dmz server but I still get the error message "invalid user name or password" when I try to login to the web app remotely via the login page.
Also tried setting the mtu on the router as low as possible 650? - I've currently set it back to 1500
I've set up port forwarding on port 7647 (Router asks for a range but i've just entered 7647 for both values). I'am running win xp - no software firewall is enabled - only the router firewall.

If I set the username to "autologin" I can get in no problem.But I'am concerned this is not very secure and would prefer to login using the user name and password.

Can anyone suggest how i can get this to work? I'am using the web admin built into gbpvr v 0.95.16.