PDA

View Full Version : v0.97.9 (maintenance release)

sub
2006-06-02, 04:16 PM
I've just uploaded the new v0.97.9 release to http://www.gbpvr.com/GBPVR09709.msi

This is maintenance release that address several issues identified with the recent v0.97.7 release. Patches to many of these issues had already made available in the forums, but this release rolls them up in one easy to install update.

ITS VERY IMPORTANT YOU READ THE FOLLOWING:

This release requires .NET 2.0 to be installed. You must install this before upgrading. You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en)

NOD32, Panda Antivirus and Net Limiter are known to be incompatible with .NET 2.0 Remoting, which is used by GB-PVR. If any of these apps are installed on your machine, they will cause the Recording Service crash, so they must be uninstalled before installing this update.

As always, its recommended that you backup your config.xml and gbpvr.mdb files if you're upgrading from a previous release. Do not copy these back on to the new release though - these are just in case you need to go back to the old version.

If you're upgrading from a release prior to v0.97.7, I recommend switching back to the default Blue skin until your skin of choice has been updated for compatibility with this new release.

If you encounter problems with starting GB-PVR. I recommend the first thing you try is temporarily removing all plugins from the 'plugins' directory. Most of the original .net 1.1 plugins work fine, but some will need to updated by their respective authors. Many of the plugins have already been updated, with new versions available on the wiki

The change log lists:

2006-6-2 v0.97.9
- Fixed a bug that could cause comskip files to be ignored while playing videos
- Fixed a bug with zap2it duplicate detection on shows with identifiers ending in 0000 (ie, no episode info available)
- Photo Library now remembers last view mode
- Fixed a bug with Photo Library list mode which wouldnt allow you to press left key to get back to playback controls.
- Fixed an issue with DVD playback that could cause it to lock up and consume 100% of the CPU
- Fixed a bug that could MVP playback to fail from UNC paths
- Fixed a bug where a bad PostProcessing.bat/ParallelProcessing.bat/UpdateEpg.bat/PostUpdateEpg.bat could kill the recording service.
- Fixed a bug where a bad photo could cause an OutOfMemeory exception in the Photo Library
- Changed the metadata functionality to handle non-ANSI charactersets correctly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Actisys IR200L blaster to fail when trying to emit IR signals.
- Fixed a bug with USB-UIRT which would cause intercode delay and repeat code to only be honoured during first channel change.
- Fixed a bug that was stopping the PVR350 tv out from working.
- Fixed a bug that was interfering with the .DVR-MS -> .MPG file conversions
- Fixed a bug with the logic that switches focus back to the original instance of GB-PVR if a second instance was started when GB-PVR is running fullscreen. This bug could cause the GB-PVR screen to move down and to the right by a few inches.
- Fixed a bug with the ChangeDatabase utility to could cause an error message during data conversion, and possible failed recordings.
- Improved handling of situation where user has configured app to use USB-UIRT, but this device is not present
- Improved handling of situation where user has configured app to use 'direct access to Hauppauge remote', but does not have the Hauppauge IR DLLs installed, or doesnt have a device compatible with this feature (for PVR250/350's only).
- Fixed a bug with manually adding channels when using SQLite database
- Fixed a bug that could cause problems booting MVPs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause problems initating video playback on an MVP.
- Fixed a bug with DVB auto PID mapping
- Updated version of Web Admin
- Fixed a bug that would cause the VMR9 renderer to not restore back to the last known aspect ratio when playing video/live tv.
- This build should again work on 64 bit editions of Windows XP (x64).

Decadent Fool
2006-06-02, 06:53 PM
Great work with the bug hunting :)

ShiningDragon
2006-06-02, 06:59 PM
Move to this versions runs fine, no problems here.

Only one thing: I have after every update to run the batchfile "Re-RegisterFilters.bat", because after every update these Filters are unregistert by the Setup-Routine.

n@boleo
2006-06-02, 08:27 PM
Found on betanews (http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/GBPVR/1123943404/1)

glassvial
2006-06-03, 01:07 AM
Cool, this version appears to work (so far), unlike 97.7 which didn't work at all for me. We'll see how things go a little longer term ;)

PaulH
2006-06-03, 03:10 AM
I noticed that if you have the photo library pointing to an empty directory, and you choose any of the options in photo library, you get..

Error: Index was out of range. must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

On the PC you can OK out of it. On the MVP, I had to power it down for a few minutes before it came back up.

Paul

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 03:27 AM
Can't seem to get files to transcode to the MVP....files that worked under 96.12 are not working for me know.

I notice that when I start to play the file via the MVP the FFMPeg starts as does a dw20.exe process.....I don;t recall seeing a dw20.exe process in previous releases but I may be wrong.

The file gets transcoded to a temp file.....I can see the file growing....

The MVP sits there for a few seconds and then reboots.....

Any Ideas?

crossnet
2006-06-03, 03:32 AM
Sub,

Just want to let you know that Software Recorder 2.7 is not recognized by ver 0.97.9, but works OK with 0.97.7.

emr

sub
2006-06-03, 03:34 AM
Sub,

Just want to let you know that Software Recorder 2.7 is not recognized by ver 0.97.9, but works OK with 0.97.7.

emrYou might need to get normanr to look into that one. I've never tried the Software Recorder.

sub
2006-06-03, 03:35 AM
Can't seem to get files to transcode to the MVP....files that worked under 96.12 are not working for me know.

I notice that when I start to play the file via the MVP the FFMPeg starts as does a dw20.exe process.....I don;t recall seeing a dw20.exe process in previous releases but I may be wrong.

The file gets transcoded to a temp file.....I can see the file growing....

The MVP sits there for a few seconds and then reboots.....

Any Ideas?Can you reproduce the problem then zip and attach your logs?

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 03:44 AM
Which logs do you want?

sub
2006-06-03, 03:53 AM
probably just gbpvr.exe.log

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 04:04 AM
probably just gbpvr.exe.log

Here you go.....

sub
2006-06-03, 05:56 AM
Uncle, can you try putting the following default setting in your config.xml, rather than the line you currently have?

<MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>-y -i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -b 2400 -ac 2 -ab 128 -r 29.97 -s 352x240 -f svcd "{DEST_FILE}"</MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>

Darkness
2006-06-03, 09:20 AM
i had something weird..

with the 9612 release i didn't have any audio problems using the standard config.
with the 9709,no matter what renderer i choose the audio stays off-sync
downgrading back to 9612 and all was fine again.

i did it all with a clean uninstall & install of the other versions.
also removed the installation directory

Rumbelstilzchen
2006-06-03, 12:27 PM
Really nice Work.
First of all everything semmed to work very fine, even the Teletext:)

But then I noticed, I can't contorl the volume anymore (keyboard and IR) while watching live-TV. Are there any new shortcuts?

dfdario
2006-06-03, 12:28 PM
All well apart Analogue Hauppauge HVR-1300 (1100 also but it's Normanr duty).
Even I don't need for daily I always check analogue parts of my cards.
On 97.7 HVR-1300 with Hauppauge Roslyn setting was working properly while now not at all even with other settings.
If I try to set the “Only show devices detected in this machine” the answer I get is: “No known cards detected in this machine”.
Quite weird behaviour.
Here are my logs

wscrivens
2006-06-03, 01:13 PM
OK I screwed up. I thought I had .NET 2.0 already on the conputer, but I didn't, and I di the upgrade anyway. I got error messages that 2 modules couldn't be registered. Then I installed the right version of .NET and re-ran the upgrade, choosing "repair".
Noe everything works OK (I had to reconfigure Zap2it) but all of my recordings are gone as are all the scheduled recordings. (Of course, the actual program files are safe, they are just gone from the GBPVR Recordings window.)
I have the backup copies of gbpvr.mdb and config.xml, but you cautioned about restoring them.
What can I do to get back the listings for the already recorded programs and the schedule of future recordings?

Walt

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 02:17 PM
Uncle, can you try putting the following default setting in your config.xml, rather than the line you currently have?

<MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>-y -i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -b 2400 -ac 2 -ab 128 -r 29.97 -s 352x240 -f svcd "{DEST_FILE}"</MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>

Save deal.....

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 02:53 PM
Update: I have tried the e.0 dongle as well as the gbdongle and get the same results.

I lowered the transcode delay window from 16 seconds to 5 and now I actually get about 1/2 -2 seconds of video before there is a freeze on the MVP.

What I notice on the server is the FFMPeg process starts up begins running fine....then this dw20.exe process starts up and begins taking all the CPU...the FFMpeg gets a few seconds and then the MVP reboots.....

Has this dw20.exe process always been in the transcode process?

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 02:54 PM
Update: I have tried the e.0 dongle as well as the gbdongle and get the same results.

I lowered the transcode delay window from 16 seconds to 5 and now I actually get about 1/2 -2 seconds of video before there is a freeze on the MVP.

What I notice on the server is the FFMPeg process starts up begins running fine....then this dw20.exe process starts up and begins taking all the CPU...the FFMpeg gets a few seconds and then the MVP reboots.....

That's 3.0 dongle.....:p

David
2006-06-03, 02:58 PM

Previous messages here have indicated that dw20.exe is actually Dr. Watson from Windows. I don't think it is supposed to be running. :)

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 03:29 PM
Update #2......took the dw20.exe out of the picture....that is windows defender so that is no longer around.....

Now the MVP reboots much faster.....;)

So I am still getting the same thing.....

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 04:01 PM
Update #3: With dw20.exe out of the way (which was Dr. Watson by the way) It is GBPVR that gacks during the transcode which is what is causing the MVP to reboot.....

I can now see the GBPVR abend on the server since the Dr. has left the house.....no info on the Abend....just an indication that it has died....nothing in the windows event logs either......

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-03, 04:15 PM
Update #4: Well.....I go transcoding to work again.....don't know how....but it is now working.

I do want to note one thing.....when it started to work I noticed in the logs that GBPVR was picking the PAL transcode line instead of the NTSC.....

I then realized I was now using the 3.0 version of the dongle.bin.....so I went back to the original dongle.bin and rebooted the MVP.

GBPVR now is using the NTCS transcode line....very strange......

Here is the log that shows that it picked the PAL line....for evidence....:D

dfdario
2006-06-03, 05:04 PM
Anothe minor issue came out starting from 97.7 is FF/RW (not skip) behaviour. If used FF/RW play forth and back at normal speed and upon resume sound is lost. 96.12 hadn't this kind of problem.

sub
2006-06-03, 05:35 PM
Anothe minor issue came out starting from 97.7 is FF/RW (not skip) behaviour. If used FF/RW play forth and back at normal speed and upon resume sound is lost. 96.12 hadn't this kind of problem.Some users have reporting this for at least a year. I've no idea why some people get this.

Try deleting the following registry setting incase HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\devnz\LastKnownVolume - It might help.

sub
2006-06-03, 05:48 PM
OK I screwed up. I thought I had .NET 2.0 already on the conputer, but I didn't, and I di the upgrade anyway. I got error messages that 2 modules couldn't be registered. Then I installed the right version of .NET and re-ran the upgrade, choosing "repair".
Noe everything works OK (I had to reconfigure Zap2it) but all of my recordings are gone as are all the scheduled recordings. (Of course, the actual program files are safe, they are just gone from the GBPVR Recordings window.)
I have the backup copies of gbpvr.mdb and config.xml, but you cautioned about restoring them.
What can I do to get back the listings for the already recorded programs and the schedule of future recordings?

WaltYou'll need to uninstall. Delete the GB-PVR directory. Reinstall you old version. Restore the gbpvr.mdb and config.xml, then try the upgrade again.

sub
2006-06-03, 05:56 PM
UncleJohnsBand. Have you tried playing an AVI from a local drive rather than UNC path?

Lindsay
2006-06-03, 09:03 PM
Installed latest ver last night and all seemed to go fine. Tested OK on PC and MVP. However, this morning gbpvr couldn't find the 150's. Running config.exe fixed this problem. Looked at logs and system error reports. It seems that gbpvrrecordingservice.exe is causing a .net 2 error when it tries to transcode a recording at 1:00:18. (What is this transcoding it is doing?). The error is system.argumentoutofrange (screenshot in attachment with logs). This error also occurred at the same time on the 3rd so it must have happened before I updated as well.

I notice the installer logged a warning that it couldn't find blue skin task.png. Suppose this is not important.

sub
2006-06-03, 09:15 PM
What exactly did the error message say? I cant find it in the logs you posted.

Lindsay
2006-06-03, 11:36 PM
Look for "Errors.jpg". This is a screen dump.

Lindsay
2006-06-03, 11:44 PM
I wonder if the fact that Windows Defender created a Restore Point at 1:01 am on the 3rd and 4th is significant?? WD is set to scan at 2:00 am so wonder what triggered it at 1:00 am??

Lindsay
2006-06-03, 11:48 PM
WD history logs show nothing at the above times.

ShiningDragon
2006-06-04, 12:04 AM
WD history logs show nothing at the above times.
I don't think, Windows Defender has to do something with that, look i have the same entry (only one time) and am NOT using Windows Defender.

sub
2006-06-04, 12:46 AM
Thats not the same error. The message is different.

sub
2006-06-04, 12:50 AM
Lindsay, I dont really know. I'm sure if you had the Microsoft CLR Debugger on your machine, it'd probably tell us exactly why the error is occuring (which class/argument/method is causing the problem) - but thats a big hassle to install.

On the conversion tab of the config app, do you have any auto conversions enabled?

Lindsay
2006-06-04, 01:40 AM
Yes, auto convert dvr-ms to mpeg was ticked. I didn't do this myself (honestly!). Is it possible the 97-9 install set this? I have set it to no conversion.

Thanks for help.

sub
2006-06-04, 01:49 AM
An your problem has gone now?

Lindsay
2006-06-04, 01:59 AM
Checked on my saved 96.12 config.xml. It, also, had the dvr-ms to mpeg set.

sub
2006-06-04, 02:02 AM
do you still have a problem though with this turned off?

UncleJohnsBand
2006-06-04, 02:14 AM
UncleJohnsBand. Have you tried playing an AVI from a local drive rather than UNC path?

No....I've always run from UNC path....I played two videos that needed transcoded and they both worked.....

Not sure what changed but something magically started working again and then when I reverted back to the standard dongle everything seems to be fine.

Lindsay
2006-06-04, 03:41 AM
Dunno, sub, as the transcoder only cuts in at 1:00am! Unless there is a quicker test I will let you know tomorrow. I suspect it will be OK if it doesn't start the transcode operation.

sub
2006-06-04, 03:59 AM
One of the conversion start times that is selectable is 'ASAP'.

Lindsay
2006-06-04, 04:14 AM
Right. With auto conversion turned off, all I got in the log is info that there were no conversions configured. I then turned auto on (dvr-ms to mpeg2) and immediately got the error as sent earlier.

alibert
2006-06-04, 12:32 PM
Hi,

Sub,

emr

I don't think that it has something to do with the Software Recorder plugin. Just installed 97.9 and external recording plugins (including SkyStar2 Recorder and DboxRecorder) do not appear in the drop down list of the "Edit/Add Recording Source screen" of the config app any more.

A previously configured recording source is working fine, but one has no oppurtunity to edit the capture source or add a new one.

I've attached the logfiles.

-alibert

Serg
2006-06-04, 02:40 PM
Hi,

I've been using 0.96.x for about 6 months without any problems. Now after upgrade I can't make it work.
I have plugins disabled, I switched to SQLite nothing helps. Both GBPVR.exe and GBPVRRecordingService.exe keep crashing with following Error in event Viewer

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 6/4/2006
Time: 10:12:37 AM
User: N/A
Computer: HOME1
Description:
Faulting application GBPVRRecordingService.exe, version 1.0.2344.23214, faulting module PsiParser.ax, version 0.1.0.0, fault address 0x000100bc.

or

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 6/4/2006
Time: 9:02:01 AM
User: N/A
Computer: HOME1
Description:
Faulting application gbpvr.exe, version 1.0.2344.23212, stamp 00000033, faulting module psiparser.ax, version 0.1.0.0, stamp 447bb717, debug? 0, fault address 0x000089fa.

I tried Microsoft DVR-MS and CyberLink multiplexers.

Here is my log file 4900

sub
2006-06-04, 05:14 PM
It looks like the PSI parser doesnt like something in your DVB stream. What country are you in? Are you DVB-T/DVB-S/DVB-C?

You could try setting <BDAUsePsiParser>false</BDAUsePsiParser> in config.xml

nightwalker
2006-06-04, 06:27 PM
Sub, I haven't recorded anything yet, but so far things are running much better on this version than the last, I can even watch a video on the mvp.

Thank you very much for the efforts!

Serg
2006-06-04, 07:41 PM
It looks like the PSI parser doesnt like something in your DVB stream. What country are you in? Are you DVB-T/DVB-S/DVB-C?

I'm in US. I use KWorld ATSC-110 tuner for digital OTA broadcasts. I have no idea which DVB i am but BDA Device Configuration shows DVB-S LNB Setup.

I'll try disabling PsiParser later.

nightwalker
2006-06-04, 08:14 PM
Sub:

My test recording went well, i was able to view then delete it. went well.

One problem i'm having and it's a big one for me is the line you gave me to disable the mvp screensaver doesn't seem to work anymore.

<DisableHauppaugeMVPScreenSaver>true</DisableHauppaugeMVPScreenSaver>

I checked the config xml file and it was there, i even cut and pasted it in again but to no avail, that damn bouncing mpp logo is back.

please advise before the wife sees it back again. :)

sub
2006-06-04, 10:00 PM
Hi,

I don't think that it has something to do with the Software Recorder plugin. Just installed 97.9 and external recording plugins (including SkyStar2 Recorder and DboxRecorder) do not appear in the drop down list of the "Edit/Add Recording Source screen" of the config app any more.

A previously configured recording source is working fine, but one has no oppurtunity to edit the capture source or add a new one.

I've attached the logfiles.

-alibertCan you try the attached patch to see if it helps? I made a small change requested by normanr, which on the surface seemed like it wouldnt cause any problems, but I'm guessing it did.

venkman
2006-06-04, 11:44 PM
PriorityRecording.exe is not running in 97.9. It works with 96.12 (from where I upgraded). It looks like PriorityRecordings is still looking at DotNet 1.1 while 97.9 is looking at 2.0 (I think). here are the errors:

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: The format of the file 'GBP
VRBackendCommon' is invalid.
File name: "GBPVRBackendCommon"
at RecordingUtils.Scheduler.schedulePrograms()
at PriorityRecording.RecordingManager.Main(String[] args)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = GBPVRBackendCommon, Version=1.0.2070.16814, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = E:\Program Files\gbpvr\
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : RecordingUtils, Version=1.0.2203.39140, Culture=neutral, Publ
icKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partia
l, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: GBPVRBackendCommon, Version=1.0.2070.16814, Culture=
neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/Program Files/gbpvr/GBPVRBackendC
ommon.DLL.

sub
2006-06-05, 02:03 AM
PriorityRecording.exe is not running in 97.9. It works with 96.12 (from where I upgraded). It looks like PriorityRecordings is still looking at DotNet 1.1 while 97.9 is looking at 2.0 (I think). here are the errors:

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: The format of the file 'GBP
VRBackendCommon' is invalid.
File name: "GBPVRBackendCommon"
at RecordingUtils.Scheduler.schedulePrograms()
at PriorityRecording.RecordingManager.Main(String[] args)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = GBPVRBackendCommon, Version=1.0.2070.16814, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = E:\Program Files\gbpvr\
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : RecordingUtils, Version=1.0.2203.39140, Culture=neutral, Publ
icKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partia
l, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: GBPVRBackendCommon, Version=1.0.2070.16814, Culture=
neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/Program Files/gbpvr/GBPVRBackendC
ommon.DLL.This isnt a GB-PVR bug. PriorityRecordings.exe needs to be updated for compatibility with .net 2.0. I'm sure this has already been discussed in the 'plugin and skin' support forum.

crossnet
2006-06-05, 03:11 AM
Can you try the attached patch to see if it helps? I made a small change requested by normanr, which on the surface seemed like it wouldnt cause any problems, but I'm guessing it did.

That did it. Software Recorder 2.7 is working again. Thank you. emr

Old Dog
2006-06-05, 03:11 AM
Sub:

My test recording went well, i was able to view then delete it. went well.

One problem i'm having and it's a big one for me is the line you gave me to disable the mvp screensaver doesn't seem to work anymore.

<DisableHauppaugeMVPScreenSaver>true</DisableHauppaugeMVPScreenSaver>

I checked the config xml file and it was there, i even cut and pasted it in again but to no avail, that damn bouncing mpp logo is back.

please advise before the wife sees it back again. :)

Use a blank transparent for the screensaver image.

alibert
2006-06-05, 06:22 AM
Hi,

Can you try the attached patch to see if it helps? I made a small change requested by normanr, which on the surface seemed like it wouldnt cause any problems, but I'm guessing it did.

yes, the patch solves the problem. Thanks a lot once more for the quick response.

-alibert

nightwalker
2006-06-05, 12:15 PM
Use a blank transparent for the screensaver image.

I can try, but it comes from the MVP itself as opposed to from GBpvr, I'll have to go take a look in the MVP directories and see what's there. Worth a try though.

nightwalker
2006-06-05, 01:57 PM
Well, I've looking for the screensaver image from the MVP, not a lot of luck there. I've upgraded to version 3.0.24088. Stll no luck getting the Screensaver to shut off. Looking at the settings in the MVP software and the resulting data file it should be off and in the MVP application it is. As soon as I shut down Happ services and bring GBpvr back up I get the bouncing MediaMVP screensaver 60 seconds later. Even if i go in and set it to start at 90000 seconds (15minutes) it makes no difference 60 seconds and it's back.

I do get this line in the log every 5 to 10 seconds so i know it's trying, just not succeding.

6/5/2006 9:53:23 AM.656 VERBOSE [18] getValue cached value: /settings/DisableHauppaugeMVPScreenSaver : true

I have no idea how to get rid of it. I don't think i can at this point. I think i'm at Sub's mercy.

Help!

b00sfuk
2006-06-05, 09:13 PM
Have not seen anybody else report this but since upgrading I'm seeing some wierd timings in my pending recordings. For example currently I have these 2 pending recordings times (different days):
22:00 23:00
22:00 23:00
If I then go to Ready recordings and play a recording, stop and return to Pending, the times have changed to:
22:00 23:01
21:58 23:00
If I restart the GUI they have reset to the correct times. This is repeatable. My first though was pre/post but that does not fit. Also I can schedule a program beforehand and it does not conflict and in fact corrects the recording. I use the Access d/b, no plugins and there does not seem to be anything in the logs.
Not a big issue but anybody else seen it?

sub
2006-06-05, 09:20 PM
Do you know what times the shows were really supposed to run? Since v0.96, there has been some logic that will allow a very small show overlap without causing a conflict. This is really aimed at the US users who were finding the networks scheduling shows to start at times like 21:58 to cause problems for PVRs.

b00sfuk
2006-06-05, 09:34 PM
Do you know what times the shows were really supposed to run? Since v0.96, there has been some logic that will allow a very small show overlap without causing a conflict. This is really aimed at the US users who were finding the networks scheduling shows to start at times like 21:58 to cause problems for PVRs.
Both were originally correct at 22:00 23:00. I'd not seen this with any version prior to 0.97.x. I'm UK based and have not seen any US like odd timings.

sub
2006-06-05, 09:35 PM
Sorry, I dont know then.

b00sfuk
2006-06-05, 09:46 PM
Sorry, I dont know then.
No problem. I'd be interested to know though if anybody else sees this. It does happen with whatever I have pending/recorded. I might try a reinstall soon anyway so if it is just me it will probably go away.
Thanks again for a great product.

wannabepvr
2006-06-05, 09:53 PM
Sub,
Not really a support issue but more a question to do with 0.97xx and beyond.

What is your master plan with the database? do you expect to continue to support both Access and SQLite?

Access works well for me - and '..if it aint broke...' But,

..if your long term plan is to migrate everything then I may as well jump on board now.

Or maybe a wait and see plan?

sub
2006-06-05, 10:10 PM
What is your master plan with the database? do you expect to continue to support both Access and SQLite? From v0.98, I will no longer be supporting MS Access.

cginzel
2006-06-05, 10:18 PM
see http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=111417&postcount=1, second feature...

"Added option to use SQLite database instead of MS Access. Optional in this release. Mandatory in the next release."

Serg
2006-06-05, 10:51 PM

I disabled PsiParser and Recorder stopped crashing but I still wasn't abel to record anything with Microsoft DVR-MS mux (keep getting two empty files). With Cyberlink I get a recording but very crappy and it jumps ahead all the times.

After ununstalling 0.97.9 and installing 0.96.08 I keapt getting same problems with Microsoft mux until I ran Re-RegisterFilters.bat Now it runs Ok so far. but I cant get 0.96.xx to use CyberLink.

I would really want to use 0.97.9

Does anybody have similar problems with KWorld ATSC-110 in US after switching to 0.97.9?

sub
2006-06-05, 11:07 PM
Reproduce the problem with v0.97.9 then post the logs. I'll take a look.

David
2006-06-05, 11:10 PM
I disabled PsiParser and Recorder stopped crashing but I still wasn't abel to record anything with Microsoft DVR-MS mux (keep getting two empty files). With Cyberlink I get a recording but very crappy and it jumps ahead all the times.

After ununstalling 0.97.9 and installing 0.96.08 I keapt getting same problems with Microsoft mux until I ran Re-RegisterFilters.bat Now it runs Ok so far. but I cant get 0.96.xx to use CyberLink.

I would really want to use 0.97.9

Does anybody have similar problems with KWorld ATSC-110 in US after switching to 0.97.9?
I admit that I am starting from a Win2k3 server OS base, which required additional configuration to get dvr-ms to be supported (and I can't confirm is correct). Under 97.9 I get two dvr-ms files of 5.5k size. I have recorded to mpg using the Cyberlink mux, but haven't played enough to know if the quality is good. The only recording I have was a bit choppy, but I was forcing my system to record three shows simultaneously and running comskip in parallel processing at the same time. CPU usage was at 100%. I have not had the best experience with the Cyberlink mux, has tried the showshifter mux with disappointing results, and settled on the Intervideo mux the last time I had everything working well, which was under 96.12.

I plan to tinker again when I get a bit more free time.

wannabepvr
2006-06-05, 11:50 PM
"Added option to use SQLite database instead of MS Access. Optional in this release. Mandatory in the next release."

From v0.98, I will no longer be supporting MS Access.

Thanks - you must get so sick of idiots asking questions you have already answered. :o

I must have read it in the release notes - sometimes things just don't sink in.

lezmaka
2006-06-06, 04:20 AM
sometimes things just don't sink in.

I think that's pretty understandable, especially looking at how thick-headed your avatar is! :D

wannabepvr
2006-06-06, 04:29 AM
I think that's pretty understandable, especially looking at how thick-headed your avatar is! :D

Sorry....did you say something.....can't hear through the headphones....:D :D

congenictv
2006-06-06, 01:22 PM
Hi Sub,

I must have done something wrong, but after the upgrade, I'm missing epg, configuration and listings of all my old recordings.

I installed .net 2.0, restarted, ran .97.9 (installation took a lot longer than usual), restarted, ran sqlite, ran indexes.zip, restarted, started up gbpvr, but everything was missing.

When I tried to reconfigure everything, it says that the drivers for my Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 USB2 is not installed.

When I click only show devices deteced in this machine it says no known cards detected in this machine.

Everything was working fine before and WinTV2000 shows live t.v. correctly.

Thanks!

sub
2006-06-06, 04:39 PM
When I tried to reconfigure everything, it says that the drivers for my Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 USB2 is not installed.

When I click only show devices deteced in this machine it says no known cards detected in this machine.
A few people with this device have reported the same thing. Just set it as a PVR2 USB2, and it should be fine. If its not working in GB-PVR, zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

congenictv
2006-06-06, 06:59 PM
A few people with this device have reported the same thing. Just set it as a PVR2 USB2, and it should be fine.

Thanks Sub, that did the trick, although the first time i chose that one or the one above it, it didn't work. Restored the old .mdb, and did the sqlite again but made sure all three boxes were checked before i pressed GO. I didn't know i had to click the top box in order for everything to be migrated over.

On another note, FM radio now works for 5 secs before it blanks out (but still shows it is recording in the system tray 'G'. That's 3 secs longer than 96.12!

j3flight
2006-06-07, 04:06 AM
Everything is working great here...
I uninstalled the old version and installed into a fresh directory - converted to SQLite as well without issues.

One small thing I notice which doesn't bother me too much is about a 2 second "stutter" after changing channels in LiveTV. Previously, I could change channels, wait about a second and WHAMMO the new station was running with gorgeous sound/video. Now, I change channels, wait about a second, the new channel is displayed but the video and audio are somewhat corrupted for about 1-2 seconds before everything clears up and is perfect. When I say corrupted, the video has some strange coloration and pixelation and the audio is "gappy".

I've made no changes to filters or codecs - I'm using PureVideo on an ATI Radeon. This isn't a big deal as I don't use the LiveTV that much and it's not too terrible a problem to begin with. Just reporting.

Thanks as always, a nice under-the-hood upgrade sub.

sub
2006-06-07, 04:24 AM
One small thing I notice which doesn't bother me too much is about a 2 second "stutter" after changing channels in LiveTV. Previously, I could change channels, wait about a second and WHAMMO the new station was running with gorgeous sound/video. Now, I change channels, wait about a second, the new channel is displayed but the video and audio are somewhat corrupted for about 1-2 seconds before everything clears up and is perfect. When I say corrupted, the video has some strange coloration and pixelation and the audio is "gappy". This may be this issue from the survival guide: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=118105&postcount=5

Lindsay
2006-06-07, 08:25 AM
Just tested my 'change channel'. It has always given the couple of sec flash routine but now after the index adds, it's the best it's ever been! That has nailed that one, sub! Thanks.

steyr
2006-06-07, 08:20 PM
Hey Sub.

Just made a fresh installation og GBPVR version 0.97.9.

In the previous release I had a problem getting the information on how much disk space was left (se this thread: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=14449)

Installing this new version shed some light upon the problem.

If I choose software decoder - everything is perfectly fine.
I get the disk info and no errors on exiting GBPVR.

However if I choose Hauppauge PVR350 as decoder - I don't get the disk info. and I get an error on exiting GBPVR.

I know that you stopped supporting the TV-out on PVR 350 a long time ago... just thought you would like to know what caused the problem.

Now I will roll back to the previous version.

Screenshots and logs attached.

sub
2006-06-07, 08:28 PM
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I dont want to invest any time looking into problems relating to the PVR350 tv out, but its good know in case any other user encounters the same problem.

onestar
2006-06-07, 08:53 PM
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I dont want to invest any time looking into problems relating to the PVR350 tv out, but its good know in case any other user encounters the same problem.

Just for information, for me with the 350decoder, I do see diskspace (never realised it was there). Only shows one drive but its there. Haven't tried with any other setting.

steyr
2006-06-07, 09:32 PM
Just for information, for me with the 350decoder, I do see diskspace (never realised it was there). Only shows one drive but its there. Haven't tried with any other setting.

Ok - onestar..

Must be my hardware setup then - because it is the only thing I'm changing in the configuration - to get the error...

glassvial
2006-06-08, 03:57 PM
Ok - onestar..

Must be my hardware setup then - because it is the only thing I'm changing in the configuration - to get the error...
No problems here either with my 350 TV-Out, I can see the proper info in the system page.

zaker
2006-06-08, 06:31 PM
I just noticed with .97.9 on my MVP, commercials do not skip on my MVP, but do on my computer.

When the recorded show begins to play, the progress bar on the MVP shows all green, on the computer the bar shows where the comskip marked the commercials and they do autoskip.

I have unplugged my MVP to have it reload, but still no commercial skip.

zaker

steyr
2006-06-08, 09:12 PM
No problems here either with my 350 TV-Out, I can see the proper info in the system page.

Hmm... strange - I can't figure out exactly what the problem is.

With .97.9 installed GBPVR always crashes on Exit - no watter which type of decoding is chosen (hardware/software).

I also have to revise my previous post (#85).

At first I upgraded from .96.12 to .97.9:

- No disk info - regardless of type of decoding. And also crash on Exit

Removed .96.12 and made a fresh install of .97.9

- With software decoding - disk info - and no crash on exit (at first)
- With hardware decoding - no disk info - and crash on exit.

After that I tried some different settings with soft/hardware decoding and render settings.
(My graphics card is a Matrox Millennium G450, which do not support WMR9) - so I have to choose overlay in order to get software decoding to work..

After trying these different settings this happened:

- With software decoding - no disk info - and crash on exit.
- With hardware decoding - no disk info - and crash on exit.

I also discovered that in order to start (or restart) GBPVR I have to activate it at least twice.
The first time - it appears in the Task manager (memory reaches approx. 25-28 Mb) then the process vanishes without any errors or warnings.
The second time - the memory usage reaches approx. 45-50 Mb - and GBPVR starts fine?
It is persistent - and it doesn't matter if the machine is restarted - or I'm trying to (re)start GBPVR after a crash.

For now I have returned to .96.12 as it worked flawlessly for me.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome :o

steyr
2006-06-08, 10:04 PM
Come to think of it..
The crashing of GBPVR could maybe be related to the "direct access to hauppauge remote" - it was enabled on the misc tab.

glassvial
2006-06-09, 12:13 AM
Come to think of it..
The crashing of GBPVR could maybe be related to the "direct access to hauppauge remote" - it was enabled on the misc tab.
Mine is too. Again, works fine. 97.9 is definitely the best release so far, finally when I cancel things in the pending recordings it doesn't skip back to the top of the list...that was SO annoying!