PDA

View Full Version : TV Display on Monitor as well as 350 TV Out

RobC
2004-05-05, 10:57 AM
Is it possible to change the PVR350 TV Out switching to independent options for Live TV and Playback display.? i.e. 1. 'Internal display/monitor on/off' and 2. TV Out on/off'

The computer is a dedicated Multimedia machine in a unit set aside for Hi-Fi, A/V Receiver, video, DVD player etc. My configuration needs the monitor output for control purposes and the PVR TV Out for viewing. A bonus is the on-screen display provided by GB-PVR on the TV for remote control of the play functions.

I have been using WinTV2000 with all its drawbacks. This does cater for both displays to be active at the same time.

A sound mute on the local, computer side, as in WinTV to prevent a clash of out-ofsync audio is also needed.

Does anyone else need this facility?

Thanks

RobC

UK Midlands

glassvial
2004-05-05, 02:28 PM
Being as the 350 can't do DVD playback, my solution was to run a video card along with the 350 to an A/B switch. If I want to watch DVD's I switch to one, and switch back to watch TV through the 350's TV-Out. This could, in theory solve your problem too because you could set it up to use the software decoder which would output it through the Video card's TV-Out and maybe the local monitor screen as well, however I have not tried this.

RobC
2004-05-11, 08:47 AM
Just to clarify what I am asking for.
I need the computer screen to display as normal with Windows and a windowed gbpvr screen, but where the TV display is currently blanked when the options are set to TV->PVR Out, this display (and audio) to contain the program material of the the channel selected. This is as well as having the PVR-Out enabled. This what WinTV2000 does by default.

Developer - can you help? Is it possible or probable?

Thanks

sub
2004-05-12, 03:44 AM
At the moment its not possible. I decided when I was designing GB-PVR that you could could use either a software decoder or a hardware decoder, but not both at the same time. In current version of the software with need to select one or the other.